What next for Mourinho?

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Back to Serie A? National Team?

Seems like his days at the top level are well and truly finished, but it'll be interesting to see what he can do with a club with slightly lower ambitions, if as I expect that's where he ends up.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Take a sabbatical, reconsider his mindset, finetune his coaching skills, read up on managing today's generation of players, and then return to football.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
One of Inter, Real or Portugal within 12 months would be most likely predictions.

After a £24m present ahead of a warmer Christmas in his homeland, of course.

Mick321

Hopefully he retires so no club or players have to put up with his crap. He’s a shell of a man, should get his thyroid checked, get a testosterone shot and retire.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Honestly I’d say Real, he has simply stopped trying at United and clearly doesn’t give a shit, the only reason he is still there is because he wants his money and the United board aren’t prepared to pay the £20M.

Edit: I just woke up and seen the news :D, I’m actually happy for you.

Skills

Snitch
Liverpool hopefully. They're the only ones who deserve him

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Hopefully no club has to put up with his bullshit ever again. Such a tiresome irritating man.

Skills

Snitch
Honestly I’d say Real, he has simply stopped trying at United and clearly doesn’t give a shit, the only reason he is still there is because he wants his money and the United board aren’t prepared to pay the £20M.
We just did pal. You're missing out big time.

I think you need to read the news...

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He has been sacked.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
:lol:

Cloud7

He should take a break and re-assess how he goes about his style of management, especially as he doesn’t seem to be able to deal with modern players.

However, haven’t Inter been fairly underwhelming recently? They did get bumped into the Europa league, maybe they might take this opportunity to sack Spaletti and get José in? Even if Perez wants him back, I can see José preferring the Inter option, as he would be under far less pressure there IMO.

InfiniteBoredom

Inter most likely imo, maybe Real.

I don’t necessarily agree that his days at the top clubs are over. Benitez had a crap few years at Liverpool then Inter, and a couple of decent years at Napoli then voila, Madrid. It’d take another bungled job or two before Mourinho is truly done, even though I do think he won’t be winning silverware anymore

GM K

I actually saw him trying to change at United. I dare say that attempt led to his downfall. :lol:

I do wish him the best but he has to evolve or he'll be finished. He particularly has to understand how to deal with the talented but spoilt modern footballer. I still think he is tactically solid if he has the right players.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Inter or PSG imo

My major prediction is though that he'll never work in England again

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Take a sabbatical, reconsider his mindset, finetune his coaching skills, read up on managing today's generation of players, and then return to football.
This most probably.

I actually saw him trying to change at United. I dare say that attempt led to his downfall. :lol:

I do wish him the best but he has to evolve or he'll be finished. He particularly has to understand how to deal with the talented but spoilt modern footballer. I still think he is tactically solid if he has the right players.
True, the troubles at the start of this season were because he wanted to change things, but had no clue how to. If he had stuck to his defensive tactical approach, we wouldn't have had that 0-3 drubbing by Spurs, and things wouldn't have been different. I hope he evolves for his own sake. 8 players in your own box isn't the way to play against modern teams like Liverpool or City.

TheLiverBird

£20 million pay out????

My god poor bloke

I feel really sorry for him...........thanks for all you’ve done at United this season though :D

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I'd think his style of football is much more accepted in Italy so I guess he'll end up there.

He's like the antithesis of what I like football being played but after all he still finished second last season behind a brillant City side and won the EL not too long ago. It is a bit premature to say that he's finished. But he sooner than later will be if he doesn't evolve his tactics and behaviour.

Minimalist

Honestly don't know why any top top club would touch him now.

He's a ticking time bomb.

Think a piss easy league or maybe a national team job might be on the horizon.

vangagal

Back to Serie-A or Porto. Lead them one more time UCL Glory as a big middle finger to big clubs and then retire. I still like this madman. Not a good fit to United.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
He'll probably do quite well at one of the free-spending clubs. Or a different league. Not sure why some here think he'll not get a top job.

Renegade

He needs a long break from the game. Then he’ll return with Juventus and win everything and he’ll believe his own hype again.

Treble

He's past it at the highest level. Or at any decent level actually. He might get a chance at Inter as it was only 8 years ago when he won the treble with them. But he wouldn't succeed there either. He can't coach modern tactics.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He's a bloody hero in Inter. And the league/country mentality still has space to accept someone with his profile.

P.Head

D.Head
Oh sweet joy!!! I`ve got my team back!!! I`m bouncing `round my office here!!!

Should never have happened in the first place, what next!? Who cares!!?? All you mentalists that wished for this moron hang your heads with shame.

Woodward don`t pay this grubbing turd one penny in compensation!! He is in severe breach of his contract by purposely running our beautiful club into the gutter so let him fight us through the courts & see what he gets!!??

Thank you baby Jeezus, Merry Christmas everyone!!

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Back to Inter where he will probably do very well.

cheeky_backheel

Mourinho will find another gig soon enough, and would probably still find success to a degree, depending on where he goes, with Real and (of allegri fails to win CL) Juve being most likely. Inter could be an interesting destination as well.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I can see the scenes now.

Takes over Inter and takes them back to the CL into knockout round 2019/2020.

Draws Man Utd and knocks them out, leading to Mourinho doing any number of the following:

-Run down the touchline celebrating
-Abuse whoever the Man Utd manager at the time is
-Point two fingers
-Talk about respect

But yeah, I think Inter, PSG, Real or Portugal. He's on thin ice now though, he's one more failure at a big club away from not getting another job at a top club imo.

Born2Lose

A full Christmas with his wife and family, I'm sure there very pleased to have him back.

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
Hopefully you appoint Mark Hughes until the end of the season now.

GM K

He's past it at the highest level. Or at any decent level actually. He might get a chance at Inter as it was only 8 years ago when he won the treble with them. But he wouldn't succeed there either. He can't coach modern tactics.
The last 5 years have been the worst of his career, yet he he has won the EPL once. Come second in the EPL twice, won the Europa League, won the league cup twice and won the community shield twice. This is still far better than what 85-90% of top managers have won in the last 5 years.

Saying he is past it is stretching it. What I do agree with is that he needs to evolve, particularly with the way he handles the modern player otherwise it will be downhill from here.