What next for Mourinho?

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I can't disagree with that. If he still has a chance to disprove this, it certainly can't be more than one last shot. The ball is in his court, really.
Meh. He's probably not the special one year one trophy manager he used to be. But to say he's finished is a long shot. He still won a major trophy only 2 years ago.

cyberman

Joining Sky.
He must really be waiting for Zidane to fail.
Its also two faced with all of the shit he slung at Redknapp, Scholes etc over the years.

fergiesarmy1

Are Spurs, I mean, is Levy dumb enough to offer a job to Jose?
What can possibly go wrong, former Chelsea and united manager both ending badly with a reputation for one dimensional football going to spurs with a history for entertaining football.

dev1l

He ll go somewhere where he has lot of money to spend....I think he s still waiting for Madrid to call

tomaldinho1

Mourinho to Spurs would be phenomenal to see he'd single handedly implode the club

always_hoping

Unless Rui Faria is part of Mourinhos next move into management, spurs or any other team should have the sense to stay clear.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Unless Rui Faria is part of Mourinhos next move into management, spurs or any other team should have the sense to stay clear.
Not really sure Faria has the Midas touch when it comes to preventing a Jose meltdown.

After all he was very much present during Chelsea 15/16.

Greck

Must be either dreaming of a return to Chelsea or us. Can't see him wanting the more financially humble PL clubs like Spurs or Arsenal.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Must be either dreaming of a return to Chelsea or us. Can't see him wanting the more financially humble PL clubs like Spurs or Arsenal.
He will take whatever he can get in England. Tottenham are not impossible though I doubt they offer him the job. I could maybe see a mid-table team offering him a position at some point, like West Ham or Palace, to show that they can attract big names.

Tostao_80

He will take whatever he can get in England. Tottenham are not impossible though I doubt they offer him the job. I could maybe see a mid-table team offering him a position at some point, like West Ham or Palace, to show that they can attract big names.
You think Jose Mourinho would go to Crystal Palace?

Champagne Football

I can only see him with 2 options.
- International managment
- Or if another PL club gets taken over by a sugar daddy and want a big name to spend their fortune

OverratedOpinion

I know he has issues and he may have never been the right man for us but people do forget so quickly. He is still one of the better managers in world football, I think he will probably end up at Juventus at some point.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I know he has issues and he may have never been the right man for us but people do forget so quickly. He is still one of the better managers in world football,
Is he? I mean historically absolutely but is he really one of the best active managers in 2019?

OverratedOpinion

Is he? I mean historically absolutely but is he really one of the best active managers in 2019?
Yes, absolutely.

I believe the things that made him a great manager are still very much in tact. He has a great understanding of the game tactically, very good work ethic, a lot of charisma and numerous other traits.

Football is very cyclical and in 3 years if he gets the right team he might very likely be the flavour of the month again. He is too young and there is too much of a proven track record of quality for his "powers" to have diminished. I also think if you look at some of his interviews they hint at a level of self awareness which is important.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
People snubbing their noses on jose mourinho saying he's finished, while at the same time bigging up ole and his 3 year vision.

If ole achieved what jose achieved at United he'll be given a statue and most united fans will name their boy ole

Skills

Snitch
What next for Mourinho? Unemployment.

I think he'll eventually manage West Ham though once they move on from Pellegrini.

Riz

I know he has issues and he may have never been the right man for us but people do forget so quickly. He is still one of the better managers in world football, I think he will probably end up at Juventus at some point.
Definitely not Juve, he and Inter have too much love for one another for him to go there.

redshaw

Not sure who he can manage if the Premier League is his requirement and probably London based. I can only see Spurs as an outside shot. His CV is tempting. Maybe Everton or if someone rich buys a PL club soon. I know what he did early on his career so don't quote saying Porto, his stance has been the opposite.

Looks like Zidane could be turning things around. Maybe if Simeone goes he'd be perfect at Atletico or perhaps an Italian club in a season or two opens up.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I don't think he has short term market in EPL, imho. Unless he accepts a small club.

The problem is at this phase of his career and life where time with family becomes more invaluable, he should had really done better at Chelski to stay at London.

SambaBoy

Everton would be a good gig for him. Moshiri has the money to spend, and they have spent a fair bit since he arrived. They haven't really kicked on under any manager to consistently challenge the top 6 so anywhere near that for the next manager would be considered a success. If the backing continued and with the squad they have, I'm sure he could be a success there.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Everton would be a good gig for him. Moshiri has the money to spend, and they have spent a fair bit since he arrived. They haven't really kicked on under any manager to consistently challenge the top 6 so anywhere near that for the next manager would be considered a success. If the backing continued and with the squad they have, I'm sure he could be a success there.
I do also think that Everton will be the best he can get atm. And they have a enough quality squad to make it tough for any top team at their home. In another league Marco Silva would already been sacked already, and I think it will happen.