What next for Pochettino?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
feck me I didn’t read the white text . Sorry everybody if anyone's offended.

I'm aware of the Amadaeus banter.

Ps I'm with @Amadaeus on Poch
So you think that Pochettino is the best manager in the world?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
AMADEUS IS A GREAT POSTER BUT A DIFFICULT PERSONALITY
HE CLASHED WITH RED CAFÉ
BECAUSE THEY WERE MEAN TO POCHY T
EVEN THOUGH HE WON feck ALL TOTTY
TOUGH PERSONALITY
HE STILL POSTED PLENTY AT NEWBIE AND FULL LEVEL
FULL LEVEL
FULL MEMBER LEVEL
FULL MEMBER LEVEL

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
HE CLASHED WITH RED CAFÉ
TOUGH PERSONALITY
FULL LEVEL
FULL MEMBER LEVEL
FULL MEMBER LEVEL
Anyone have the link to the OG song?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
I can only see them signing a player like Neymar after they reach top4. My guess is it will happen within two years.
PSG want him out ASAP.

The only club that can afford him who he'll actually improve is Newcastle.

No other club in Europe who has the money would want him. It might take till the end of the window but he's going there in my view.

No Europe is even a benefit because he can do his partying, go to his Sister's Birthday etc and no mid week games.

Karlos PFC

So you think that Pochettino is the best manager in the world?
Nah, more like the best manager there ever was or ever will be (excluding SAF)

On a more serious note, I was for Poch instead of Ten Hag but mostly I was anti-Ole all the fecking way. Either one of those two is a huge step up from the Norwegian

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
PSG want him out ASAP.

The only club that can afford him who he'll actually improve is Newcastle.

No other club in Europe who has the money would want him. It might take till the end of the window but he's going there in my view.

No Europe is even a benefit because he can do his partying, go to his Sister's Birthday etc and no mid week games.
They do?

Flexdegea

Can actually see him at Newcastle some stage this season. Media will totally drive that narrative

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
Nah, more like the best manager there ever was or ever will be (excluding SAF)

On a more serious note, I was for Poch instead of Ten Hag but mostly I was anti-Ole all the fecking way. Either one of those two is a huge step up from the Norwegian
What has Ole got to do with your opinion of Poch though? Not quite sure why Ole came into your response explaining how you're with Amadeus on Poch.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Newcastle, Spurs, Barca if Xavi flops this year, Madrid if Ancelotti leaves are all realistic options IMO. So happy United got Ten Hag and passed on Poch though. Never liked him really.

Karlos PFC

What has Ole got to do with your opinion of Poch though? Not quite sure why Ole came into your response explaining how you're with Amadeus on Poch.
I just stated that even though I was in the Poch camp, I don't mind Ten Hag or even Big Sam for that matter as long as we get rid of Ole (3 years of Ole-ball was more than enough)

What can't you understand? Did I hit a soft spot or something?

PepG

Supports
Ajax
One more vote for Newcastle..its the obvious job for him in England at this point of time.

GlasgowCeltic

Should be the prime candidate once Arteta is sacked, no point being too proud while your team is shite

Irwin99

Personally I think he's a good manager and he'd have been my second choice behind ten Hag. Seems a decent bloke too.

Maybe Atletico if Simeone ever leaves?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Chelsea won’t win a PL title under Tuchel whilst Klopp and Pep are here.
I can see things getting sour next season or later and Pochettino being available.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
What's the situation with the managers of the Italian teams? Any of their top (or close to the top) teams looking for a manager now? Because otherwise he's going to have to sit back and wait.

Man City - No
Liverpool - No
Chelsea - No
Spurs - No
Arsenal - They seem invested in Arteta and actually started seeing some results last season.
Man Utd - No
Newcastle - They did so well in the second half of the season they will surely stick with Howe until he's taken them as far as he can (or one of the proven absolute top managers are available - Poch is a level below that)

Real Madrid - No
Barcelona - Xavi will certainly be given the chance to show how far he can take them. Plus the Espanyol rivalry.
Atletico - No

PSG - No

Bayern - No
Dortmund - They just gave Terzic the permanent job.

Newcastle are the only one that have any chance of moving for him immediately, but probably not. If they get off to a bad start I could see it happening quite quickly though. Otherwise, he's going to be waiting a while until one of the clubs goes through quite a bad patch and pulls the trigger, and even then he'll just be hoping that they pick him. I wonder if he'll wait, or if he'll go for a 'lesser' club once the normal managerial sackings happen. Of course as I said above, I have no idea what's going on in Italy these days so one or more of them might be interested quite quickly.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Just sit tight and wait for his chance at one of the top 6 clubs or 7 if you include Newcastle. Someone will get sacked for failing to deliver and he can set in. Except Arteta of course who has plot armor and will still be in a job after he gets us relegated.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
If we sack Gerrard soon I do genuinely believe he'd consider us.

Big transfer budget most windows, some interesting players to work with and chance to lift us up the table like he did Spurs.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
State of this fanbase

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
@Amadaeus do you reckon Poch has what it takes to keep Aston Villa up this season? I imagine Poch will at least make the shortlist for the vacancy.

CallyRed

@Amadaeus do you reckon Poch has what it takes to keep Aston Villa up this season? I imagine Poch will at least make the shortlist for the vacancy.
Keep them up? They will rocket up the league with the Poch in charge. Europa League here they come.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s a bit better than Villa at the moment I’d say.

Real Name

HE CLASHED WITH RED CAFÉ
TOUGH PERSONALITY
FULL LEVEL
FULL MEMBER LEVEL
FULL MEMBER LEVEL
Its the phone?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Absolutely. He’ll be looked at by much better clubs once they let their managers go.
Juve I’m sure will consider him if/when they finally decide to get rid.
Really think Juve will consider Poch?

I'm not convinced that'll happen myself but we'll see.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He’s a bit better than Villa at the moment I’d say.
Their owners are rich, they have some good young players, an easy win to turn them round and get them climbing the league a bit, it's a league he's enjoyed in the past, why wouldn't he consider it? There'll be a wheelbarrow full of cash in it at the very least.

Their owners are rich, they have some good young players, an easy win to turn them round and get them climbing the league a bit, it's a league he's enjoyed in the past, why wouldn't he consider it? There'll be a wheelbarrow full of cash in it at the very least.
Career at the top level suicide? He’d have to seriously back himself and have trust in the owners to take on that job. Don’t for a second expect it.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Career at the top level suicide?
Why? Low risk high reward job, he could ask for a short term contract if he wants, if he doesn't back himself to succeed there then he's done at the top level anyway.

Everton didn't kill Ancelotti's career despite being shite.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
They took on Pirlo and then took the awful decision of rehiring one of the most boring managers in the game. So yeah, they will 100% consider him.
So why would they revert to a manager who hasn't exactly set the world alight and learn from their mistakes?

I'd say Juve are more inclined to go for Amorim or a more exciting manager of a similar ilk.

Why? Low risk high reward job, he could ask for a short term contract if he wants, if he doesn't back himself to succeed there then he's done at the top level anyway.

Everton didn't kill Ancelotti's career despite being shite.
Ancelotti had won Serie A, Premier League, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Champions league multiple times, and was rehired by a club that he’d previously won a CL for.

Not quite the same.

Villa is high risk.