What players in the team will you absolutely not sell no matter the price?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Rashford
Greenwood
Pogba

I’d sell Martial for an audacious fee. Everyone else is available for the right prices.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
None of them, if we are really saying 'no matter what price'. I'd be extremely saddened to see many of our players leave, but if someone bid £1bn or even half that then it would be stupid not to accept it

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Greenwood
Rashford
Wan-Bissaka
Bruno

It’s an awkward question as it’s always based on the premise of them not wanting to leave. For example, if I were certain Pogba wanted to stay, I’d have him on that list. If he wants to go, then by all means, allow him to. But then again, that applies to the rest too!

klsv

None of them, if we are really saying 'no matter what price'. I'd be extremely saddened to see many of our players leave, but if someone bid £1bn or even half that then it would be stupid not to accept it
Was tempted to say the same, but knowing how the club is being run, we'd probably sell Rashford for £1bn, get Mandzukic for £50m and call it a day in that department.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
There’s a growing list of players I wouldn’t want to leave, which is good. Probably only two I’d not sell for any money due to traditions of the club :-

Rashford
Greenwood

players I’d really not like to sell :-

Rashford
Greenwood
AWB
Maguire
Williams
McT
Bruno
Pogba
Martial
Gomes
Tuanzebe
Henderson

players I’d happily keep

Shaw
Fred
Mata
James
Degea

The rest could go I think to one extent or another. I’ve probably missed someone. Quite a turnaround in twelve months.

Skills

Snitch
Rashford
Greenwood
Pogba

I’d sell Martial for an audacious fee. Everyone else is available for the right prices.
This.

Putting McTominay in the unsellable category is mental. I'd take £50m for him tomorrow.

Skills

Snitch
This question really depends on what's out there in the market at this moment.

Replacing Rashford, Pogba & Greenwood is close to an impossible task with what's out there in the market. The best goal scoring wide forwards are at our rivals and it's just too risky letting go of the one we've finally managed to get producing the goods. Pogba's just an enigma of a player with a unique skill-set - letting him go will mess us up big time. Greenwood's a prodigy and arguably the most talented player of his age group. Obviously he might not live up to his potential, but the upside is way too risky to give away at this point.

I'd let Martial go if we got enough money to replace him with Haland. McTominay, Fred & Co are replaceable for 40-50m as there's quite a lot of good midfielders around with their skill-set. Maguire, AWB & Shaw if we could re-coup the cash for them, I'd be tempted to look at different options. A faster CB in place of Maguire and a full-back that can contribute more in the attacking 3rd.

spiriticon

None, but only a Neymar-level ridiculous offer would make me think twice about selling Rashford.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
In current state Fred is totally not for sale, especially with no guarantee that we're signing central midfielder this year.

Fernandes is also no go as he resurrected Ole's offensive tactics.

How much would you value him at?
you can’t put a value on his leadership skills, his passion, the fact he’s a home grown player from the academy.

if he was at a mid table club and he wanted to leave, I think his transfer would be circa £30m pre COVID (as we have no idea what the new landscape will be in terms of transfer fees) and there is no way we would sell him for that.

if someone offered us £50m we wouldn’t sell him for that, but no club would.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Every player has a price.

But I'd really hate to see any of the below leaving

Martial
Rashford
Greenwood
AWB
Fernandes

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
In current state Fred is totally not for sale, especially with no guarantee that we're signing central midfielder this year.

Fernandes is also no go as he resurrected Ole's offensive tactics.
Why no guarantee? If it's for any price we can buy 10. This thread is more to do with connect, preference and sentiment. Unless it's a generation player like Messi every player has a price.

Deery

Dreary
you can’t put a value on his leadership skills, his passion, the fact he’s a home grown player from the academy.

if he was at a mid table club and he wanted to leave, I think his transfer would be circa £30m pre COVID (as we have no idea what the new landscape will be in terms of transfer fees) and there is no way we would sell him for that.

if someone offered us £50m we wouldn’t sell him for that, but no club would.
Aye, that’s about my reckoning on the price would be too, I’d take £50m but as you say a lot stands to him, plus he’s young.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Why no guarantee? If it's for any price we can buy 10. This thread is more to do with connect, preference and sentiment. Unless it's a generation player like Messi every player has a price.
Not every desired midfielder will be available. If we'll get Saul then perhaps maybe but still waiting all this time to finally see Fred thriving and upgrading his game is great, would be sad to see him go when he's in best form possibly in his entire career.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I'll go with

Rashford
Greenwood
AWB
Bruno
Mctominay
I'm surprised you put Bissaka. Yes, he's been very good but he's just a full back. A replaceable position in fact we could play Williams in there or develop Laird. The same goes with McTominay, I think he's replaceable.

In my opinion "absolutely not sell no matter the price" means for players caliber to be match winner. They are not easy to replace.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Echoing so many here but the only two who are untouchable for me are Greenwood and Rashford. I like so many of the others in the squad but being realistic so many of them can be upgraded

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Rashford - Still young and our top scorer, match winner. If we lose him then we need to sign minimum the same quality replacement and doubt we can sign the realistic one to come here.
Bruno - Our creative player, match winner, offer both goals & assists. Same goes with Rashford, just don't think we can sign the realistic replacement to come here.
Fred - it's like Kante with better passing ability, I don't think you can find midfielder like that available.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I'm surprised you put Bissaka. Yes, he's been very good but he's just a full back. A replaceable position in fact we could play Williams in there or develop Laird. The same goes with McTominay, I think he's replaceable.

In my opinion "absolutely not sell no matter the price" means for players caliber to be match winner. They are not easy to replace.
You definitely can't replace AWB's tackles. Mctominay I agree with but I won't sell cause he has character I like

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You definitely can't replace AWB's tackles. Mctominay I agree with but I won't sell cause he has character I like
However, he's just a full back. Tackle is something you can replace with something else by changing the team. Liverpool doesn't have Bissaka's tackle and they are on top of table. Same goes with City last season & other top team like Barcelona & Real.

Your thread is more of a who's your top 5 favourite players in the squad not which ones in the team you will absolutely not sell no matter the price.

Mick1

However, he's just a full back. Tackle is something you can replace with something else by changing the team. Liverpool doesn't have Bissaka's tackle and they are on top of table. Same goes with City last season & other top team like Barcelona & Real.

Your thread is more of a who's your top 5 favourite players in the squad not which ones in the team you will absolutely not sell no matter the price.
Just a fullback is no longer a statement you can make. The position is just as important as any in the first 11, and AWB is a top player in that position, never mind at 22.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Just a fullback is no longer a statement you can make. The position is just as important as any in the first 11, and AWB is a top player in that position, never mind at 22.
You are making it sounds like I'm ignoring full back's position. I said it's a role or position that we can replace not a non important position or role. Don't forget the title of the thread is about players in the team that will absolutely not sell no matter the price.

To reject an offer of "no matter the fees is" let's say 150m-200m for a right back is stupid. We could sign another right back plus top class attacker with the same amount of money and help us to win the league.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
My opinion is that if you are giant club and you want to win titles you must add quality on quality and never sell best players. So;

Pogba. I would rather have him two more years and lose him for free than selling him.
Rashford. Potential to be the best left inside forwards in the world.
De gea. Still world class gk for me
Martial. Because i like him :lol:

SATA

Don’t really care, as the money sold for them aren’t going into my pockets

But if i will have to choose, it’ll be the three academy boys. McTominay, Mason and Rashford

lex talionis

...no matter the price?

Well, no player is unsellable if say 500m were offered for him.

Players I'd like not to sell this summer under any reasonably foreseeable circumstances are:

De Gea
Wan-Bissaka
Maguire
McTominay
Fernandes
Pogba
Greenwood
Rashford

There are those who say Pogba is as good as gone. I'm not sure, but if Real were to offer 200m and Paul really wants to leave, I'd take the cash -- all up front, please -- and move on.

Lentwood

The obvious answer to that really is nobody, however, I would want a record-breaking fee for Greenwood and given nobody would pay anywhere near that he’s “unsellable” in my book

There are several players I would want £100m+ for...not necessarily because they’re worth it in footballing terms ability-wise but because finding the right blend of talented and committed is tough!

I’m thinking Rashford, AWB and Maguire in this category. Seems pointless selling them for any less than a ludicrous fee as replacing them would also cost stupid money.

Art Vandelay

They've all got a price. None of them have been irreplaceable so for the right price, why not? I wouldn't like to see some of them go, but for the right price then yeah they can all leave.

Lentwood

The fees I would sell each player at*

*I’m not saying they are “worth” this amount necessarily in terms of ability, purely their value to our side now and the cost of replacing them

De Gea - £50m - purely because Henderson and Romero

Henderson - £70m - younger than De Gea. Comes with “English tax”

Romero - £25m - pointless letting him go, would be No.1 at 99% of the worlds clubs

AWB - £100m+ - again, pointless letting him go, could be our RB for ten years

Shaw - £60m - nobody would pay it but when you factor in his ability when not injured and the cost of replacing him I would settle for anything less

Williams - £50m - talented young player who could be in the squad for ten years+

Lindelof - £75m - developing a good partnership with Maguire and replacement would cost this sort of fee

Bailly - £50m - injury prone but quality when fit and excellent 3rd choice

Maguire - £100m+ - don’t even want to think about selling our Captain that would be ridiculous

Dalot - £40m - we don’t need the money and can play both full back positions so would want top dollar

McTominay - £75m - good player and has a top attitude but arguably our least talented CM and much as it would hurt £75m could go towards a top, top player

Fernandes - £100m+ - would be absolutely pointless selling him

Pogba - £100m - thats if he wants to go! Worth more than this when on top of his game.

Fred - £70m - been top this year so again sounds a lot of money but could we do better for £70m and is it worth the disruption?

Rashford - £150m+ - I’ve been critical at times but looks twice the player now settled on the left and with his local connections and age would be a massive blow to lose him

Martial - £80m - can never shake the feeling he won’t live up to his massive potential but has to be worth at least as much as Richarlison!

Greenwood - £200m+ - will be Utd and England’s #9 for ten years. Best 18yo I’ve seen at United bar Wayne Rooney.

James - £50m - works hard and not a “bad” player but limited. £50m would represent a nice profit to reinvest.

Jones, Smalling, Mata, Sanchez, JLingz, Rojo and Pereira can all go for a reasonable offer.