What players in the team will you absolutely not sell no matter the price?

norm87cro

The only obvious choice is Rashford. But then again I never imagined Becks would leave the club. And Pogba is leaving sooner or later.

Mcking

Rashford. He looks like a complete forward already, has made the left wing position his own, and looks on his way to becoming a club legend and an all-timer. Don't see any reason to consider selling him unless for a ridiculous price, but I would still think twice.

Canagel

None. They can all be replaced (with the exception of PP). We are 5th on the table not 1st

Lost bear

Greenwood
Rashford
McTominay
Williams
Garner

The rest can go, for obscene money obviously.
To be honest, I think it would be a bad mistake to sell any of our top line players at the moment (I realise the OP is Of course just taking us on a sort of fun exercise).

But It’s been so great lately to see the team playing as a team, developing a chemistry that is genuinely exciting and has me, at least, beginning to contemplate the possibility of a return to the winning of trophies. This may just have the makings of a great Utd team. To regard these players as merely replaceable units in a machine- well, I just don’t see it that way.
Lingard apart, though I feel a bit mean even singling him out, I don’t want to sell any of them.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
To be honest, I think it would be a bad mistake to sell any of our top line players at the moment (I realise the OP is Of course just taking us on a sort of fun exercise).

But It’s been so great lately to see the team playing as a team, developing a chemistry that is genuinely exciting and has me, at least, beginning to contemplate the possibility of a return to the winning of trophies. This may just have the makings of a great Utd team. To regard these players as merely replaceable units in a machine- well, I just don’t see it that way.
Lingard apart, though I feel a bit mean even singling him out, I don’t want to sell any of them.
I'm just playing along because i'm as bored as everybody else, and i've gone to keep those that didn't only cost the club a penny, the rest would be off at the drop of a hat if somebody offered to give them a serious increase in wages whilst the Academy Grads would almost certainly show more loyalty.

If Real Madrid offered £250m for Pogba and Martial today would you not accept it knowing with that money plus any in the warchest we could recruit from the very top-table the LB, DLP, RW, and CF we need to compete at the very top-level again?

cyril C

Wrong question I think. I would re-phrase it as Sandcastle would like to pay 100m for any of our 1st team players, who would you like to cash in first. And who would you say make it 150m and we will talk.

I would say Pogba is on top of my cash in list at any price. Greenwood, Henderson, Rashford, McTom are out entirely because we need our Academy list.

Brightonian

Rashford
Greenwood
McT
Bruno

But in general I am a reluctant to sell, reluctant to buy kind of fan. I prefer to see continuity in the squad wherever possible, especially with home-grown players and players who have really settled in and become fixtures. I still haven't totally got over the fact we let Herrera go, for example. The only players I would be happy to see go at any price are the ones I want us to shift out, namely:

Sanchez
Jones
Rojo
Lingard
Pereira

He'sRaldo

From the looks of things being a young local lad can go a long way at Utd, maybe even net you a whole career (see Lingard).

It doesn't make sense to say someone like Scott can't be sold at any price. No matter how much I like him, he's easily replaceable and upgradable. The only of our players who don't qualify for that criteria, in my opinion, are Rashford and Pogba. Maybe AWB and Martial at a stretch. The rest still have a lot to prove.

As we've seen before, breaking through the academy shouldn't be seen as a surefire guarantee of anything.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'd sell everyone for a 'certain price' because we dont have a single world's best player in a single best position.

We could sell one potentially to get a better one player as a result :yawn:

Lost bear

I'm just playing along because i'm as bored as everybody else, and i've gone to keep those that didn't only cost the club a penny, the rest would be off at the drop of a hat if somebody offered to give them a serious increase in wages whilst the Academy Grads would almost certainly show more loyalty.

If Real Madrid offered £250m for Pogba and Martial today would you not accept it knowing with that money plus any in the warchest we could recruit from the very top-table the LB, DLP, RW, and CF we need to compete at the very top-level again?
Well, I can see the attraction, but personally I’d hate to sell Pogba or Martial- though with Paul, as somebody else observed above, it depends on whether he wants to be here. If he doesn’t, then yeh id let him go for big bucks. Hope he doesn’t though- I really like this team now, although I know we’ve had a lot of false dawns.

This time I think it’s different- they seem to enjoy playing together. I’ll probably be proved hopelessly wrong! Such optimism isn’t really a characteristic of mine...

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Messi

The boring answer but the correct one.

You can't sell a club icon.

SpyLuke10

Wan-Bissaka
McTominay
Fernandes
Rashford
Martial
Greenwood

I'd never sell any of those above players for any price.

Pogba
Fred

I would sell these two if a great offer came in. eg. 120M pounds for Pogba, 80M pounds for Fred.

Sanchez
Rojo
Jones
Lingard
Pereira

These guys are the ones that I would actively try to sell/offload.

James Peril

Well, to be brutally honest... we are 5th, the season has been a huge letdown and we are fighting with Sheffield United and Wolves, not City or Pool. So yeah, most of these players have a price. I’m a firm beliver in class breeding class, so we need to keep DDG, especially Pogba and Rashford. And of course Fernandes, but he could be replaced if we got a ton of money. Everyone else is very replaceable in the market if we get a ton of cash. Now I do believe our squad is better than what we are doing this year, but with the manager in charge it’s not a big surprise that we are struggling as much as we do.

davidmichael

Rashford, Greenwood, Fernandes, McTominay, Maguire, Wan-Bissaka and Fred for me are the only ones that are unsellable and if Pogba was to sign a new contract then settle down so putting in consistent performances to the level we know he can then I’d put him in the bracket too.

RkkMan

Dean Henderson
Maguire
Wan Bissaka
Bruno
Rashford
Greenwood
I`d ideally keep Pogba, McTominay and De Gea but if good offers came for them I`d sell. Everyone else is easily dispensable.

Andersonson

As for the time being:

Should keep at all Costa:

Rashford
Greenwood
Bruno
Maguire

Sell only if a bid thats too good to refuse:
Shaw
AWB
Scott
Fred
Pogba
De Gea

Should consider selling if a decent bid came in:
Martial
Lindeløf
Mata
Smalling

Should sell at any price:
Andreas
Rojo
Bailly
Lingard

UpWithRivers

literally every single player has their price. Especially of they want to go. Rashford and Greenwood are the two Id least like to sell but 150 plus and Id think about it

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
McTominay is the kind of player we've missed in the squad for ages. I wouldn't sell him. That kind of player is key to success in my opinion.

Luke1995

Absolutely not sell no matter the price ? I would use that concept only for Pelé and Ronaldinho in their primes.

Web of Bissaka

As others have said, none.

But based from this season, for the next season, wouldn't sell these at all even at reasonable high prices (unless astronomical high):
  • Bruno
  • Martial
  • Rashford
  • McTominay
  • Fred
  • Maguire
  • AWB
  • Greenwood
  • James
  • Williams
  • Romero
  • Shaw
  • Tuanzebe
  • Lindelof
Not in any order there. May sell some of 'em if we get good replacements in the same transfer window.

Von Mistelroum

Bruno.
Greenwood.

That's all I'd definitely not want to part with under any circumstances. Martial I think we could improve on and Rashford too.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Rashford and Greenwood. If Pogba wanted to stay he'd be on that list too.

3 potentially top tier players all from the same academy is incredibly rare, even more rare is them all being quality attackers. The fact that we've got 2 players as good as Rashford and Greenwood for essentially nothing is something we should be very proud of. They were both developed entirely by United from when they were youngsters to the day they made their debuts and no-one can take that away from us.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
This.

Putting McTominay in the unsellable category is mental. I'd take £50m for him tomorrow.
Some people watch football all their lives, know what this football club is all about and still don’t get it. Mental, indeed.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
That depends is they’re replaceable even for a ridiculous fee. We could sell Fred or McTominay for £80m for example but who could we get in to replace? Bear in mind Fred took a while to settle in and is now finally looking class, and McT has the potential to be a complete midfielder.

Eli Zee

All of them, unless their replacement is better :smirk:

But I definitely wouldnt be happy to see Rashford, Pogba(unless he really doesn’t want to be here), Bruno, Fred, or Greenwood leave any time soon.