• Liverpool win

Votes: 120 36.1%
  • City win

Votes: 157 47.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 55 16.6%

• Total voters

grahamo

I am totally indifferent. Don't care who wins. No interest in CL until next Year. United's shambles of a display against Sevilla did that to me. I'll probably never forgive those players

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
You can not argue that Liverpool and Utd have had similar histories and still remain the 2 greatest clubs in English football.

Whenever I’ve sat down with Liverpool fans we have always agreed on a lot of subjects. I can’t say the same for City fans. They’ve always used the Rags and Munichs labels a little too liberally fur my liking.

Oh and they’re a plastic club.. let’s not forget that
Us and Liverpool may have a mutual hatred of City soon. I definitely agree about City fans and the Munichs/Rags stuff. Think it more the younger end though. Not even sure the money thing sits well with some of their older fans.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
I just hope both teams get a couple of long term injuries to their squads :D

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
This question has been lingering in my head all week long and I've struggled to come to a conclusion.

My heart leans towards City. The idea of Liverpool extending their CL trophy haul to double that of ours is worrying, plus we would never hear the end of it. But...

My head says Liverpool. They would have less chance of winning the competition outright. Should City win the CL this year, it could end up being the precursor to a lengthy period of dominance (equivilent to United SAF).

There is no favourable outcome for United, it's simply a matter of deciding between the lesser of two evils. For me that is City by a hairs breadth.

RoyH1

A boring 0-0 draw, with both managers sent off for prancing like peacocks on the sidelines gesticulating excessively and gratuitous and over the top arm waving.

IN the other match, a Roma win with Busquets being sent off for acting like he's been shot when some Roma player's hair gently hits his shoulder.

SwSw

Liverpool to win considering they won't make it past Barca in the semis.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
City can buy their way into a lot of things but they can't buy their way into being a bigger rival that Liverpool.

I'll always hate the scousers more than City.

Besides, I can comfort myself over anything City win because it's hollow after they've basically played real life FM with free money cheat codes. Liverpool winning anything would be infinitely worse, but them winning another CL would be unbearable.

Also, there's no better response to a gloating City fan than "better you than Liverpool".

This really isn't a difficult decision.
They hate this on Blue Moon :lol:

Yeesheng

I want Liverpool to win, and there to be 20 players with niggling injuries from this match (no broken legs or other serious injuries, I'm not that mean). just so that we can increase chances of winning our fixture against city.

other than the above, do not care who wins this match up so long as neither lifts the trophy.

Skills

Snitch
I genuinely find it hard to believe there are United fans who would want Liverpool to win this.

They're the time of jammy cnuts who would fluke a win in the semi final.

feck Liverpool.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Us and Liverpool may have a mutual hatred of City soon. I definitely agree about City fans and the Munichs/Rags stuff. Think it more the younger end though. Not even sure the money thing sits well with some of their older fans.
I’d agree there given the sinister implications of why the sheiks are buying so much land in East Manchester. I don’t think it’s for affordable housing, do you ?

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Surely, you'd want Liverpool to marginally win? Thus, causing City to rest more players against us. And, then City can destroy them at the Etihad.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I genuinely find it hard to believe there are United fans who would want Liverpool to win this.

They're the time of jammy cnuts who would fluke a win in the semi final.

feck Liverpool.
Many of us wanted Liverpool to win the semi in 05 so it would feck Moutinho’s chances of winning the UCL, thinking they would easily lose to Milan.

So yes, some of us do want Liverpool to win as this City side are capable of winning the thing

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
If this thread was created in 10 years time, after a period of City dominating domestically, the voting would take a very different route I feel.

Danny Roberts

I'm actually looking forward to the game. Think i'd rather City won as I've accepted with Pep they're gonna be quite tasty but seeing Liverpool do well would hurt more.

Skills

Snitch
Many of us wanted Liverpool to win the semi in 05 so it would feck Moutinho’s chances of winning the UCL, thinking they would easily lose to Milan.

So yes, some of us do want Liverpool to win as this City side are capable of winning the thing
Well how did that go for you?

They're like an STD, no matter how low the risk don't sleep with that devil cause you're probably getting fecked.

Dolf

If Liverpool win, or even worse: go through, they will be talking about it for years to come. We all know they won't win the CL but making it this far is already a big thing for them. Who cares about City though. Funded by oil money, no history at all and nobody takes them serious. They've got great players but they're like that kid who gets his parents to buy him all this pay to win stuff in video games so that he can finally win.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I don’t think either team is capable of going all the way - Klopp flops finals and City are not astute in European competition, with Madrid Barca and Bayern all exceptional competition they would be paired with.

I want City to win on the basis that my Liverpool supporting colleague has made a wager. If they win the CL I give him one of my treasured United tops (Cof92, Ronaldo 2008 or a Cantona ‘97 to choose from) and he can do as he pleases with it. If Liverpool simply don’t win the PL he has to buy a Manchester United shirt and wear it to work.

The sooner the better as I’ll be heading off on Paternity Leave in 6-8 weeks.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Although, to be completely honest, I think City winning the CL (the more pertinent question) would be far worse than Liverpool winning it.

Would you like your balls sawed off or axed off? Neither, please...
I am sure I will change my mind a dozen times. As long as neither win the trophy in the end. If either get to the final I just won't watch. Roll on the World Cup and next season. A fresh start.

Hal9000

0-0 in the first leg,
0-0 in the second leg after extra times.
long and draining 12 hour penalty shootout where each team constantly misses.
Then maybe City get one and win.

Oldyella

Liverpool to scrape a lucky 1 nil tonight so city have to play strong side second leg. Then City smash them by a bucket load in that game, it's the hope that would get them! Plenty of red cards and niggling hamstring injuries, nothing serious, for both teams would be nice too.

Oaencha

An exciting 3-3 draw with minor injuries to pratically every player on the pitch. Then afterwards both teams are disqualified from the competition for being insufferable.

Hate to say it but I would prefer Liverpool to win. I can’t stand either team but if City lose then there’s a good chance players will be rested against us. I also think Liverpool have a much smaller chance of winning the CL so I would feel better knowing City are completely out of the running.

Anduin

Definitely a City win. Barely know a City fan, but Liverpool supporters are everywhere. If they win the Champions League again after 2005, I might just give up altogether. City can be kicked out by Real or Barcelona next round. But don't we just know that these Scouse b.... will turn up on a night like that :mad:

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I want a Liverpool win and also want them to progress to the next round.

This is simply because I think City have a better chance of going on to win the whole competition, whereas I can't see Liverpool going all the way.

Un4givableB

Liverpool to win because they are more likely to get knocked out in the semi's.

Oggmonster

It's a hard one really. I went Liverpool from the selfish point of view that I know a lot of City fans through work and socially and it gets really boring to hear they're the greatest team ever. Also I enjoy when they lose cos the conspiracy theories come out loads.

Siorac

I honestly don't care. I know people are worried about Liverpool potentially winning the trophy but it's not going to happen. Even if they made it past City, they are never going to beat two more top clubs in the mold of Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern. City could, which is why I can't exactly shout from the roof top that I would prefer them going through.

I want neither of them to win the whole thing. Liverpool going through here poses much less of a danger of either winning the CL.
You know, I thought the same thing in 2005. There is no way Liverpool would beat that Juventus side. There is no way they can get past Mourinho's Chelsea. Surely they won't stand a chance against Kaká, Shevchenko, Seedorf and co.? And then the feckers won it anyway, with a far worse team than what they have now. So I don't buy the "Liverpool don't have a chance anyway" line. Better safe than sorry so I hope City destroy them.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
You know, I thought the same thing in 2005. There is no way Liverpool would beat that Juventus side. There is no way they can get past Mourinho's Chelsea. Surely they won't stand a chance against Kaká, Shevchenko, Seedorf and co.? And then the feckers won it anyway, with a far worse team than what they have now. So I don't buy the "Liverpool don't have a chance anyway" line. Better safe than sorry so I hope City destroy them.
It happened once, it won't happen again easily. City are much more likely to win it and if they do, it might be just as unbearable as if Liverpool did.

I really don't want our local rivals to have a Champions League to their name.

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
Liverpool to win tonight but City to win the tie. Impossible choice really but would prefer City to have their focus on the 2nd leg and not so much the derby

Siorac

It happened once, it won't happen again easily. City are much more likely to win it and if they do, it might be just as unbearable as if Liverpool did.

I really don't want our local rivals to have a Champions League to their name.
Everyone also thought that Chelsea would have no chance in 2012. I could go on. I can't bear the thought of Liverpool having six. Just can't.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Remember we want City to have a few very painful headaches at the weekend. We are after a close result with the tie well alive after 90 mins. We want issues at the back for City. Dilemmas left right and centre. So no 0 - 4 to Abu Dhabi Rinse and Squeeze Unlimited. So... maybe 3 - 1 to the Scouse tonight, with a sending off, preferably of Squeaky Blushing de Kevin.