What should be done with City's titles?

What should be done with City's titles?

• Total voters

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Pretty clear this is a divisive subject, which means we should discuss it, eh? :angel:

A) Stripped and titles won, voided. No winner those seasons.

B) Awarded to 2nd placed team.

C) Nothing. Let them keep the titles.

If there’s a ”D” let it be known.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Option A. Titles should be won on the pitch, don't need handouts.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Preferably option B, but i wouldn't be displeased with option A either.

Semigoodlookin

They should either keep them or there should be no winner that season.

When I look back on the titles Juventus won before being stripped, I still think of Juventus as the winner. I know they are not officially the winners of those two titles anymore, I understand it, but my mind is seemingly not willing to make the leap. What happened on the pitch happened. We all know and have known City has been cheating to achieve success, which is why all rival fans are completely cold on them and do not care if they win. I am fully for points deductions, relegations, and expulsions, but ultimately the team they built (admittedly through cheating) did it on the pitch.

If they are to be stripped then the history books should show no winners for those titles.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Award them to the team in 2nd place.

In the event that the team in 2nd place has more than 90 points it should not awarded. That is because this should be considered highly suspicious. Perhaps they had an accomplice?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Stripped and voided. There’s no glory in awarding them to second place teams. No my hint to celebrate and no bragging rights. Just forever a blot on the League caused by a corrupt disgrace of a football club.

redmeister

Shouldn't all of Cities games be removed and the league table recalculated on a 36 games basis? So the team that finished second wouldn't necessarily win the title, but the team that won the most points over the 36 games without the cheats in the league.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Stripped and voided. There’s no glory in awarding them to second place teams. No my hint to celebrate and no bragging rights. Just forever a blot on the League caused by a corrupt disgrace of a football club.
agreed. i’m sure sure alec would like another league title or two but i think he’d be turning in his grave with how we were awarded them.

tomaldinho1

Has to be option A. Option B is just so hollow and the best parts of winning - for fans the journey through the season and for owners the financial benefits it brings - are long gone anyway.

You have to feel for clubs like Watford who, without City, would probably have played Brighton in the FA cup final in 2019 (either winning would have been the biggest event in their entire history).

Shouldn't all of Cities games be removed and the league table recalculated on a 36 games basis. So the team that finished second wouldn't necessarily win the title, but the team that won the most points over the 36 games without the cheats in the league.
This is actually what they should do, someone can work it out. Just erase them from the history books for the period they cheated.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Shouldn't all of Cities games be removed and the league table recalculated on a 36 games basis? So the team that finished second wouldn't necessarily win the title, but the team that won the most points over the 36 games without the cheats in the league.
what happens if that’s affected relegation that year?

Much as I'd love us to be on 22, those years should be voided. Too many complications if they start handing titles out to other clubs. Who should have made Europe? Who might not have been relegated? Its a can of worms.

What is absolutely, without doubt certain is that City should lose the titles from those years though.

OverratedOpinion

It should be dictated that they keep them but they must have a dollar sign and a laughing emoji next to them wherever they are referenced online.

redmeister

what happens if that’s affected relegation that year?
That's a great point, I was only thinking in terms of the title. It just shows what a mess those scummy cheats have caused. They've wreaked havoc on a decade of football. The punishment must be huge. They should be banned from British football.

Zen86

There’s no glory in it, but it’s a lovely bit of salt in the wound for them

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Option D.

League titles should obviously go to the 2nd placed teams. Those were the best teams over 38 games excluding the cheats. If it was possible to recreate those exact seasons without the cheats the 2nd placed team would likely win every one of those.

Cups should be voided. The cheats being in the draw every round and knocking out fair and legitimate teams changed the entire dynamics of those cups. It wouldn't be fair to award those to the runners up just because they were fortunate enough to avoid the cheats until the final.

Woodzy

Awarded to 2nd. As much as I hate them, Liverpool can feel very hard done by losing out to those cheating cnuts. To put in those sorts of points tallies and not win a title only because the other team are cheating is a bit unfair which is why it would be harsh to just void those titles.

Then obviously three titles in our back pocket can’t be scoffed at either.

Bogga

I won't really be happier to get these medals now... What would annoy me is the fact that Gerrard would be seen as having won the PL :nono:

FujiVice

The most obvious thing is to leave them blank, but the fair thing is to give them to the second place sides. Not like I'd care about the latter. The damage was done. They allowed them to cheat their way to those titles. But in any other situation you'd transfer it over.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Personally I feel they should do what has happened in one of the leagues I've played in, whereby a team dropped out due to off field issues.

Their results across the board were null and voided, which meant had you played them twice and lost you obviously wouldn't lose any points, but had you won twice you would lose them points.
By doing it this way it's fair for every team, rather than just handing the title to whomever finished second.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Melt them down and pour them over Guardiola's head. A crown for a follicly-challenged fraud.

Edit: Eat that, auto-censor.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Melt them down and pour them over Guardiola's head. A crown for a follicly-challenged fraud.

Edit: Eat that, auto-censor.
criticising city with one breath, flouting the system, just like them, the next.

AndySmith1990

Null all of their matches and award the trophies to whoever came second after recalculating the points

brian017

Strip and vacate them as they mean nothing to the teams involved. The moment has passed so there’s nothing to celebrate.

They should be relegated too but it’s unlikely that they will be. If nothing else, at least we won’t be subjected to that ”Agueroooooooooooo” moment every season again

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
It’s complicated alright. The big clubs that lost out the most I suppose were United and Liverpool. Seems to me to leave it blank is best, asterisk should be in second place. I doubt we’d want to revise history. Basically I think it’s deduct 30 points for next three seasons. Would improve the lower leagues, as a bonus

peridigm

Voted for #2 but the more I think about it, every team that played city should be awarded a 1-0 win. Redo the tables and let the results dictate the outcome.The problem with this is city would then be relegated so this only works for the first season. We can't go back in time so all the clubs that lost money due to relegation should be awarded restitution from city. Docked points to city and stripped of all titles. Send them to the lower leagues. A lesson has to be learned here so the other sport washing clubs don't attempt the same.

SAFMUTD

Void the titles, awarding them to the second places it's pointless now. Players, managers and fans won't enjoy the titles like we should had and neither the club will benefit economically from it. It'll be kind of pointless.

But definitely City shouldn't be allowed to keep them. Void them so in a hundred years everyone knows and remember they were cheating scum.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Went with option A. Winning titles retrospectively would just be weird. In any case, the most important thing would be that City couldn’t keep them.

Oranges038

Melt them down and make a statue of whoever it was that turned rat and put it up outside the stadium.

68cob

I know everyone only played them twice, but how much do the league positions change if their points are deducted from each match, I wonder?
Would anyone have been saved from relegation perhaps?

I thought i'd look at 2013/14 and think Arsenal rather than Chelsea would have finished 2nd to liverpool, as Chelsea beat city twice.
Sunderland (having beat and drawn against city) would have been 4th bottom, rather than 7th bottom, but obviously not relegated.

Last edited: