What should be done with City's titles?

What should be done with City's titles?

• Total voters

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
They did. They were the best non cheating club.
That made me laugh :D .

Thankfully for them, the expired statute of limitations came to their rescue.

Saying that they were basically robbed of the 1998 Scudetto, with Moggi hard at work and pulling the strings.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Yeah i think you've probably called the end game about right there, its basically a minor quibble with how relevant the british government are going to be in the matter. They might be able to nudge it a bit and thats a hell of a lot more than any and every fan group can manage. I just dont think the UAE applying pressure via the government is a significant part of their plan. I'm sure they'll use any and every bit of leverage they can and its come up but im skeptical about how effective that'll be.
You think they can burrow into the country without a significant amount of greased palms? There’s been talk of scandalous goings on in Manchester and councils bound by golden handshakes and suspicious activity for years now, but voices of dissent and even desire to get that out there are understandably going to be low.

Investigative journalism is about the only way the public get to hear of the goings on. indeed, the only way I got mildly clued up was via information gleaned from the few media outlets who have been bold enough to speak and, well, investigate/expose. Even finding out City have had heads up on government white papers towards proceedings pertaining to their charges came about because of those who let it slip on twitter. The overarching point being its not a case of anyone interjecting only now, rather, the loop City have been kept in enabled - and enables - them to run roughshod over the league.

It’s like the machinations and mechanisms that get a World Cup to some ‘random’ nation who everyone wonders how the hell they are hosting it; wheels aren’t just in motion by the time the furore is beknownst to the public en mass; there’s a process to get things to where they need to be in the first place. Interference from the government does not need to be clear and apparent, where by some slip, an investigative piece brings it to light for all of us to say ‘you see!’ on the contrary, like that white paper collusion, it’s stuff we should never get to hear about, and then waffle on about the residual effect of the smoke and mirrors with nothing but grumbles and hearsay fuelling conversation on boards like this… where we will all tut and moan, but ultimately move - very quickly - on from. I think it’s important to realise we are only privy to the scraps of information others doing their job provide us with.

The only way City were placed on any type of chopping block in the first place was via the German investigative piece (hacking) and release of their inner workings for the world to see. You have to realise we only know any of this because of information obtained illegally... if things ran as they should, we wouldn't have a clue and have nothing but hearsay to go by. If you are waiting for clear and apparent signs of government interference in this when all is said and done, you might be disappointed as the most likely way that comes to light is via the aforementioned investigative releases of information that may or may not be forthwith.

https://amp.theguardian.com/footbal...er-league-to-approve-saudi-newcastle-takeover

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...-to-allow-newcastle-united-takeover-sx6n90xrl

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/em...volvement-in-newcastle-uniteds-saudi-takeover

Just throwing these in because, like City, the expose tends to come from access to emails that leave trails going in both directions. Simply stuff we would never otherwise know about.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
And a lot of people don't understand what the real world is like and why TBH

UK history has a lot to do with how the world works today as well, especially in the middle east
True. And it's probably a mire best avoided as we try to talk purely about the footballing aspect. Hard when such as state-owned actors are involved and have tentacles that extend beyond football.

But, as you say, that goes both ways, which is why it's incredulous to me when there is faith in the government to do the right thing. Doing the right thing is filling coffers with as much money as is possible. That's the primary objective of any government.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
True. And it's probably a mire best avoided as we try to talk purely about the footballing aspect. Hard when such as state-owned actors are involved and have tentacles that extend beyond football.

But, as you say, that goes both ways, which is why it's incredulous to me when there is faith in the government to do the right thing. Doing the right thing is filling coffers with as much money as is possible. That's the primary objective of any government.
Fair enough