What to make of Die Bundesliga?

do.ob

German football fans are by far the most precious ones on this forum. It's ridiculous how much in fact.
Yes. We are so insecure we do tend to create threads to denigrate other leagues, we create threads to proclaim how "strong" or "competitive" our league is, even when it's tanking in the UEFA rankings and we are so insecure that every other thread contains "that would never work in Bundesliga, they'd get stuffed" or "I wonder if he could do it on a rainy night in Mainz".

Lyricist

Yes. We are so insecure we do tend to create threads to denigrate other leagues, we create threads to proclaim how "strong" or "competitive" our league is, even when it's tanking in the UEFA rankings and we are so insecure that every other thread contains "that would never work in Bundesliga, they'd get stuffed" or "I wonder if he could do it on a rainy night in Mainz".
:lol::lol::lol:

Too bad German don’t know sarcasm.
So I guess this post reflects your honest thoughts then.

passing-wind

Supports
Pass & Move
The Bundesliga is a good league in my opinion. I think the league is perceived to be poor due to how open games are but that's the highlight of teams with an attacking mentality. There's certainly no issues in the transition from Germany to English football, some of the best players in our league have come from German clubs.

Think a lot of people are missing the point of the thread. It isn't to bash the league but ask the question of how some players will translate to other leagues with differing styles. Like some others have said, the thing that stands out the most is the space attacking players get in the Bundesliga, especially on the half turn in the final third. With more emphasis on pressing defenders are often left isolated 3v3/4v4 on quick transitions. This occurs far more in the Bundesliga than other leagues from what I've seen.

I've seen a lot of Utd/Chelsea fans thinking Sancho will come in and instantly be the lord and saviour, putting up the insane statistics that he currently has. These people need to calm down a bit and realise that he'll be coming into a different environment where 80% of the teams Utd/Chelsea face won't move from their defensive third. Even when losing by the odd goal some teams will only come out in the final 10 minutes. It's completely valid to question how these players will adapt, especially ones that are considered to be world class £100m+ players.

Reactions: Fortitude

Tonicruise

Supports
FC Bayern
It's not the best league in the world obviously but its top 3 after La liga an PL i think. More so i find it a very intresting and exciting league to watch, there is rarely a booring game when i catch up on a match always something happening. So for entertainment value it's great.

The quality of the top teams are significantly lower than PL baring Bayern of course. Dortmund and Leipzig are the Tottenham of the league they are trying to compete but just a level below the mighty Bavarians.