What two positions should we prioritise in the upcoming window?

abkmufc92

RW - Greenwood may be playing there at the moment but he is not a winger and is better in and around the box, signing a RW is a must.
Backup CAM - If Pogba and Bruno are injured or taken off we have no creativity in the team.

We need a minimum of three signings though, CB should be priority as well.

And we eventually need to sign a backup striker to replace Ighalo and also need to be looking for a DM to replace Matic.

croadyman

RW - Greenwood may be playing there at the moment but he is not a winger and is better in and around the box, signing a RW is a must.
Backup CAM - If Pogba and Bruno are injured or taken off we have no creativity in the team.

We need a minimum of three signings though, CB should be priority as well.

And we eventually need to sign a backup striker to replace Ighalo and also need to be looking for a DM to replace Matic.
Can only see signing a Salisu/Rodon at CB if we are intent on bringing in both Sancho & Grealish

croadyman

RW & CB but also need to get in another midfielder for squad depth as well. Would say a creative option because looks threadbare outside of Bruno & Pogba.

Rob Bowman

RW and CB...

We do not have a real RW on the team. Jadon ticks so many boxes and makes us whole attacking.

CB... again we are not bad but we need real quality *with* pace in the back line. Let Maguire push forwartd, but to play a back line we need some pace to cover that space.

Next summer we can look at DCM and FB depending on how things go.

jlecesne

Yeah agree about the price being right for Grealish,personally I would say £40m plus add ons is absolute maximum.
Agreed. I think Villa would have to go down for us to get a good price for him. (Provided we are his preferred destination).

So, hopefully that happens.

croadyman

Agreed. I think Villa would have to go down for us to get a good price for him. (Provided we are his preferred destination).

So, hopefully that happens.
Could be wrong but thought I read somewhere we have been tracking him for a few years

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Is Sancho really a pure RW?

I've seen him maybe 5 times.

So he is right footed, plays on the right, doesn't really cut in on his off foot and shoot like Nani, and doesn't really rampage down and cross like Adame?

How is that summary?

Anyone concerned with a right footed RW?

I just hope he is as good as everyone is saying.

Right now I'd take Tiago/Graelish and Traore or a dominant CB and Traore/Zaha/Sancho.

Apologies as my post is allover the feeling place.

croadyman

Is Sancho really a pure RW?

I've seen him maybe 5 times.

So he is right footed, plays on the right, doesn't really cut in on his off foot and shoot like Nani, and doesn't really rampage down and cross like Adame?

How is that summary?

Anyone concerned with a right footed RW?

I just hope he is as good as everyone is saying.

Right now I'd take Tiago/Graelish and Traore or a dominant CB and Traore/Zaha/Sancho.

Apologies as my post is allover the feeling place.
Thiago would be a classy addition to the midfield but personally think our name is being used to get Liverpool to pay up.

edcunited1878

Right forward/winger and central midfielder.

CB is the 3rd priority, whether it's a bona fide starting XI player (very few to select from that are available) or a dependable and serviceable rotation type CB. That rotational CB truly was going to be Tuanzebe, but injuries have hurt him and the club again. Bailly is not completely trusted by Ole and staff or else he'd get more of a look in during league games or come in and shore up the defense late in matches, but that isn't the case.

jlecesne

Could be wrong but thought I read somewhere we have been tracking him for a few years
I think we have. I think most teams in England have been monitoring him. But, I think if we are to get him for a decent price, Villa have to go down (i.e. no way they can keep him) and he will have to name us as his club of choice.

If Villa stay up, I've read they would want £80 million for him. And no thanks.

SteveW

We need to prioritise 3.

RW - Sancho. Can also play LW which is ideal for rotation.
AM - We need to be able to rest Bruno without becoming uncreative.
LCB - We currently have 2 senior CBs that aren't injury prone messes. We're a Maguire injury from disaster.

For one window the board needs to just pay up. The benefits outweigh the costs and we've got heaps of players to sell to recoup some funds.

All of the following could be sold without weakening us assuming the above 3 signings happened: De, Gea, Dalot, Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Bailly, Lingard, Mata, Pereira, Chong, TFM.