Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
I was banned last week for suggesting the club should have sacked Ole after the Villa game, because it was obvious from then he was out of his depth, I thought the size of the team and players who have won it all would be too much for him to motivate or lead because this guys have played for fantastic managers and we've all seen that Ole isn't at United's level.

We need to let him go as the time is now, we can't afford to waste more time, we need to act right away, we really need to get a manager with a track record of winning things, someone with tactical know how, passion, drive, charisma and most importantly someone who wants to win at all cost, someone whom the likes of CR7, Pogba and Co would see and respect, someone with huge balls to drop players out of form or are not playing according to his tactical approach in games, Someone who would screams at players like Maguire for giving the ball away time and time again in dangerous areas and drop him out of the next game because of that.

That Someone as it stands is Conte, If we can bring him in now, I mean right now, we still have a huge chance that his relentless drive to win would lead us to some silverware come may.

Devil may care

I don't think I've ever seen a time where 2 mods on the Caf had threads like this, not that I disagree, sadly I don't see anything changing as our board don't act like a big club, we'll have the excruciating wait until top 4 is gone before he's sacked. I didn't have the expectations of a title challenge that some did as that midfield is unbalanced and lacking in quality, but given the level of players we have in other areas no competent manager should be getting so little out of this squad.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I was banned last week for suggesting the club should have sacked Ole after the Villa game
You were banned for the insulting language, not for suggesting he should get the sack.

Non Man United fans like us (rightfully) have a higher bar when it comes to that sort of thing

Raw

Can I ask what exactly is it that Ole has built that his fans are worried about losing if we replace him?
When Jose left we were in exactly the same boat we are in now. An expensively assembled squad playing like strangers to each other week in, week out.
If this latest abysmal run of form isn't enough to convince people then I guess he's here for as long as he wants to be.
I guess get used to hopefully finishing in the top four each season.
It's yet another example of how badly run this club is when we should be challenging for titles.
It says a lot when you consider the calibre of teams that would be begging for his signature once we sack him.

I doubt any PL teams would want him at this point. Yet here he is, managing the biggest club in the world.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Well assuming the Nagelsmann ship was sailed. Ten Hag, Rose, Enrique, Mancini, Rodgers, Potter, Galtier - and that is with only a cursory knowledge of European football. I'd hope United's recruiters had a much better idea of progressive coaches in Europe.
Enrique ain't leaving Spain
Mancini has the ex City connections so is a no go
Rodgers has the ex Liverpool connection so is a no go
Potter? What has he done that suggests he could manager one of the biggest clubs in the world? Just because he has a regular regelation threatened side playing good football by no means equals with better players he could challenge

I dont know enough about the others to comment (hasn't Rose just taken a job?)

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Awful form but far from a lost cause so I'm still backing the manager

Ole has some big decisions to make and he has to make them now

He gets until December to turn it around

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Very good post.

The Glazers and Ed were lucky to have SAF. After he retired the club is in a continuous downward spiral. Top management have no clue about football but finance, commercial and marketing. No vision, structure and planning on football side of things at all.

How on earth those highly intelligent people (Top Management) continuously making mistake after mistake? We have had Moyes, LVG, Jose and Ole in charge who needs different set of players all together every 2 or 3 years. The worst part, all of them play fecking negative football.

We all thought that DOF - Murtough can change all that. But apparently, he has no power over appointment of manager. The manager appointment still go back to Ed or Top Management of the club which has no clue about football.

Man Utd need real changes at the very top and not just put a DOF in charge of academy. We need proper football structure in the club helm by football people. This is common sense and not rocket science.
Absolutely spot on.
We certainly need football orientated owners, who will put their money to the benefit of the team, not to keep creaming of the profits year after year.
Many people have said that bringing people like Murtough in will ultimately change nothing, and that appears to be correct.
There is a distinct lack of footballing experience throughout the club from top to bottom, and what we are seeing on the pitch at the moment is testament to that. I've always felt that Ole needed an old head alongside him from when he was first given the job in March 2019, Phelan was ok as someone who could take training and implement certain plays, but realistically he was woefully short of what was needed.
Ole and his coaches have never had the experience of running a premiership club, which appear painfully obvious at the moment, and look to be making decisions that are piecemeal, and show no forward looking structure. We bought Amad, and Pellestri in for the right wing position, but it seems Ole had always wanted Sancho, which doesn't appear to be working, but it is still early days, and it appears as though we won't go for a midfielder unless it's Rice.
Trying to keep all the big players happy seems to be Ole's mantra, but yesterday, playing Maguire after one days training, and Matic and Pogba in the midfield positions seems to be a disaster waiting to happen, which it did.
Some of the players stroll about as if they are thinking 'we are Manchester United, and we have the right to do what we like and you will roll over and submit'. Would Bailly have been as lax as Maguire, or Lindelof come to that when closing players down, or showing a bit of urgency, even Jones gives his all when playing, albeit sometimes a bit misguided.
I've always supported Ole and thought he should be given plenty of time to get 'his' squad together, but we are getting to the stage where we appear to be getting worse, and we still have plenty of players who still need to move on.
I believe that Ole has been given the ultimatum to win something this season, or he's gone, that is why he doesn't have any academy players on the bench, he is still relying on the old heads to come in and save the day when we are struggling, but I feel that by denying players like Hannibal, Elanga, Amad (I appreciate he's been injured) and Shoretire, we are missing the opportunities to give these young lads valuable time on the pitch.
I don't think Ole will resign, and I don't think the club will sack him, just yet, but with our schedule over the next few weeks, his position may become untenable.
If Ole does go, I wouldn't be amiss to looking at Graham Potter, or even Thomas Frank, whose Brentford team really should have beaten the European champions yesterday, but they are not 'big name' managers, who many fans of this club think we need, but they are young forward thinking managers, who may be just what we require. Could they handle the big egos in the team, who knows, but generally it's what they do on the training ground, and install into the players how they want them to perform that will determine their success or not, some players will take to their methods, and others won't, that will always be the case.
I will still watch the both Atalanta games on Wednesday with hope more than expectation.

crossy1686

career ending
All for a change at this point, but of the whole coaching staff also that have failed under multiple management. And for the love of god, please not Zidane who has also gone on record to say he's not interested in managing United.

Karlos PFC

Enrique ain't leaving Spain
Mancini has the ex City connections so is a no go
Rodgers has the ex Liverpool connection so is a no go
Potter? What has he done that suggests he could manager one of the biggest clubs in the world? Just because he has a regular regelation threatened side playing good football by no means equals with better players he could challenge

I dont know enough about the others to comment (hasn't Rose just taken a job?)
I'd have Rodgers in a heartbeat. He is a really great coach with his teams playing great football as shown by all his previous works, Swansea, Pool, Celtic and Leicester.
Don't care about his Liverpool stint, he isn't very fondly remembered around there and I think he'd love to get one over them.

RedMarcus

Ole has done a great job getting us back in the mix in the PL, back into the Champions league and taking us to cup semis and finals (albeit Europa League), but its clear he doesn't have the tactical knowledge or experience to take this highly talented group of player over the line to win something. We need a world class manager.

I still think the board will stick with Ole until one of the following happens:

We have a terrible run of form in our next games against Liverpool/City/Spurs/Chelsea/Arsenal (quite likely)
We go out of the Champions League group stage (quite likely)
We reach the end of the season with no trophies (highly likely)

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
I think we beat Liverpool and City. When the chips are down, Ole has a habit of coming back from the dead.

charlenefan

I'd have Rodgers in a heartbeat. He is a really great coach with his teams playing great football as shown by all his previous works, Swansea, Pool, Celtic and Leicester.
Don't care about his Liverpool stint, he isn't very fondly remembered around there and I think he'd love to get one over them.
Playing good football is ultimately irrelevant if the results aren't forthcoming and fact is with Rodgers outside of Celtic all he has to show in the PL is throwing a title with Liverpool, throwing two top 4 finishes with Leicester and yes fair enough winning an FA Cup

Ole's career at United has been an almost man just like Rodgers and anyone who thinks 'oh but if we're playing good football then lack of success doesn't matter' has short memories as the same has been said every time we approach the point where we're about to change manager

AneRu

Very good post.

The Glazers and Ed were lucky to have SAF. After he retired the club is in a continuous downward spiral. Top management have no clue about football but finance, commercial and marketing. No vision, structure and planning on football side of things at all.

How on earth those highly intelligent people (Top Management) continuously making mistake after mistake? We have had Moyes, LVG, Jose and Ole in charge who needs different set of players all together every 2 or 3 years. The worst part, all of them play fecking negative football.

We all thought that DOF - Murtough can change all that. But apparently, he has no power over appointment of manager. The manager appointment still go back to Ed or Top Management of the club which has no clue about football.

Man Utd need real changes at the very top and not just put a DOF in charge of academy. We need proper football structure in the club helm by football people. This is common sense and not rocket science.
I think it's easy to see, these are just spoilt kids whose father was a pioneer and they inherited everything he worked for. So no, they are not highly intelligent people and whilst Woodward is very intelligent what top management position does he possess in business besides being given a job by Malcom after advising on a devious plan to buy a big club on debt?

I don't think you even need to be a top football man to do the obvious. Look at Chelsea, what football experience did that Russian lady who is their CEO possess before coming to Chelsea. But she has got almost every big call right including knowing when to fire an underperforming manager. It's just common sense that can be applied at any club but we have an egomaniac like Woodward who wastes valuable time because he just can't do what's right for fear of what the media will say.

Competence and decisiveness are limiting what this club can do. Before we find a manager we need an intelligent and grounded CEO who doesn't major on theatrics and vanity to sell shirts. Imagine, City wanted Fred we ensured they dodged a bullet, City wanted Sanchez we ensured they dodged a bullet and City wanted Ronaldo and who was on hand to dodge a bullet for them? That's three major mistakes that we ensured our rivals avoid whilst taking the heat for them and for what? For Woodward to prove he has bigger balls than them. We don't work to a plan we work for what will look good on social media and drive up views and engagements.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Playing good football is ultimately irrelevant if the results aren't forthcoming and fact is with Rodgers outside of Celtic all he has to show in the PL is throwing a title with Liverpool, throwing two top 4 finishes with Leicester and yes fair enough winning an FA Cup

Ole's career at United has been an almost man just like Rodgers and anyone who thinks 'oh but if we're playing good football then lack of success doesn't matter' has short memories as the same has been said every time we approach the point where we're about to change manager
We haven't played good football in like forever so yeah I will take Rodgers. If he actually threw away a title with that average Pool squad and has won a trophy with this non descript Leicester squad, he ticks the boxes alright. Oh and he did sell us a 80mil Pound fridge so he owes us.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
For the day to day running of the club, that appears to be what happens. The Glazers are famously hands off and don't have the knowledge or ability to be heavily involved.

They haven't put in place the structure that a lot of top clubs have (which is similar to what you describe - a DoF overseeing all footballing areas and deciding on identity, appointments, coaches etc, with a head coach answerable to the DoF). What we have at United is opaque but it seems to involve a coaching team overseen by the manager, who has more control than most continental 'head coaches', answerable to the board, who (based on the last few sackings) are consulted and have the final say on the biggest decisions (like firing and hiring managers) and set the agenda and focus.
The bolded part is not a surprise, I'd expect that to be the quite common among boards.
However, it's very surprising that Glazers, business people through and through, didn't put in a structure typical for any business.

It seems like they don't really care about the club apart from quarterly status meeting.

charlenefan

We haven't played good football in like forever so yeah I will take Rodgers. If he actually threw away a title with that average Pool squad and has won a trophy with this non descript Leicester squad, he ticks the boxes alright. Oh and he did sell us a 80mil Pound fridge so he owes us.
Like I said people have short memories

Songs were even wrote about the improved football from LVG to Mourinho and then Mourinho to Ole. The whole we don't and haven't played good football for {insert period of time} is just something fans are going to continue to spout until trophies arrive as ultimately despite what they say that's the only thing that's really going to satisfy

giggs-beckham

Clueless
He could get a shot at relegation fodder job or even some desperate mid table team, but he will be given zero time in there, unlike at United. First 10 games if he's uninspiring and he'll be sent packing back to Norway.

Still the only teams that would currently consider him in PL IMO are Newcastle and probably Norwich. Can't see any other club considering him or changing his approach to accommodate him.
Him and his coaching staff wouldn't get a job in the Championship

MonkeysMagic

At this point, I don't even blame Ole. Clearly he is out of his depth at the highest level of PL but his pride andove for Utd means he won't walk away.

The blame is with the owners. As with the previous incumbents, their procrastination leads for a toxic environment to build up with the fan base and even dressing room (let's be honest there will be Ole in and Ole outers in the dressing room as well) which then sets the club back and a new manager needs to do a clear out. Our owners don't have a clue how to manage a football club, that much is obvious, but to think that they would allow the brand (I hate the use of the word but its what they understand) to be so devalued is truly bad business acumen.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
If the other players in other positions on the pitch are good enough to win the league but are not able to play coherently what makes you think one or two defensive midfielders will change anything while Ole is manager?

Again. When Liverpool were short of a world class CB and GK to being a genuine top team the rest of the team was playing very well and the improvement in everything was obvious. So it wasn’t a stretch to say that once Klopp had those two positions they’d step up an extra level.

But under Ole, our team is not coherent, he is not getting the best out of the players in the other positions.
Because we’re lacking in a solid centre the only time we don’t get cut through is with McFred. You can’t win the league if you’re best attacking players are constantly on the turn going the wrong direction.

Ole has a comparable record to Klopp at the exact same amount of games he’s on currently.

We’ve massively struggled due to midfield. Our midfield can either be safe (McFred) or progressive (Pogba and Matic) but not both at the same time. The balance isn’t right yet.

That’s funny I guess Luke Shaw didn’t turn into a world class LB last season? And Mason Greenwood’s been awful too hasnt he:rolleyes:
We haven’t really narrowed the gap. We bought some quality players in but that’s really a non brainer considering he spent more than any of his predecessors. Some of those might easily become deadwood for the next manager and we're back to square one.

Squad is as good as the sum of parts and how well they glue together and a good manager makes a real difference between two teams with good players in it. Ole is a nothing manager and always has been.

Our gameplan always has been relying on individual brilliance and counters into space. Since day one. We still have no identity in our play and even half a billion later since the start of the season we played well in the grand total of two games (Leeds, Newcastle). In every other game we deserved to lose points or got out of jail basically either with a dubious call (Wolves), opposition missing a peno with the last kick of the game (WH) and the smash and grab win against Villareal.

In pretty much every game we sucked, yet made formation changes (not that it makes much of a difference).

A midfield away of narrowing the gap is complete and utter bollocks. We spend how many hundreds of millions on defence that is still all over the shop? There are bunch of attacking players with no real plan of how to use them or with any fluidity in it.

You are crying about our midfield, when your beloved Ole spend 40m pounds on VdB, to play him 20 league games so far and teams like Brighton and Brentford whose entire roster is worth as much as probably Varane and Sancho combined being either above us(Brighton) or 2 points behind us playing more coherent football than us.

Or Gasperrini at Atalanta how many seasons in a row finishing top 4 and making it outside the groups of CL with his highest transfer fee of 15m euros?

You can pull your excuses all your want but apart from success in a farmers league 10 years ago, Ole's resume is worse than all PL managers and probably half of those in Championship.

Literally every other manager out there in the top 40-60 clubs in English flight will do no worse than him and I'm pretty positive about that.

Let's see him outside United massive transfer kitty when he's eventually sacked and when he's in a level field with the likes of Brighton and Brentford, where his managerial qualities should stood up and he doesn't have world class players to pull him out of the sack.
We have narrowed it. Calling Ole a nothing manager is just disrespectful. He’s not as elite as Klopp or Pep but some respect needs to be shown for how we’ve been rebuilt.

Midfield helps cut passing lanes and protect a back four while facilitating play in attack. Of course it will impact the defence. I agree DVB has been a waste of money if he’s not going to be used.

I think you massively underestimate the difficulty of managing United. There’s more pressure than the average PL job and “fans” like you are a huge part of the cultural problem.
It is his third season now and there is no indication of good football or threat to challenge for the big trophies.

There are no guarantees of course but our aim should be to get someone who makes the team more than the sum of its parts. This is an absolute minimum. If they fail too, they will be moved on too.
So who do you feel would be able to do that job? I’m all for change if it’s the right change.
You don't change expectation as the season goes on. You have targets at the start of a campaign that is that. Sure you may decide to slightly reframe when you look back but if less than two months ago our own manager said our aim was to challenge for the league, well that is the target.

As for. Impacting squads. I actually think our squad is on par with Liverpool and Chelsea with maybe only City being out in front.

You also seem to ignore the fixture list, currently you don't have to compare our squad to Liverpool, Chelsea or City because we haven't played them. We have had by far the easiest fixtures of those teams mentioned and taken 1 point from the last 9 available, we dropped points to Southampton and have only looked decent against Leeds all season.

Out of interest, can you give me the name.of a manager you would consider to be the right one? (Regardless of availability in this example).

I don't see the point in keeping Ole regardless of who is available, bring a caretaker in for now and don't be silly enough to give him the job full time.

I honestly don't think the side can get much worse and I don't want players like Donny leaving in January because Ole doesn't know how to build a team.

You seem so keen to give him time, your posts read as if you don't even care if he deserves it.

There is a saying - "Don't let perfection be the enemy of the good."

I feel that is exactly what you are doing with you stance on not saying bye to Ole. He is miles of what it takes to be a decent PL manager, absolutley miles.
I disagree about the squads so we’ll have to agree to disagree on that one.

In terms of right manager it’s hard because the ones who you could see as creating success would be Klopp and Pep and for my money I actually think Brendan Rodgers would do a very good job with this side. But for very obvious reasons we won’t go down those routes.

Potter has done well with Brighton and I like the style he plays with but he’s got no experience with being around big players in high pressure situations.

Galtier looks a great coach but again no experience around top players.

Zidane has the CV and name but stylistically is he the right fit?

Ten Haag would have to adapt quickly to the PL and United haven’t ever played his brand of football. I do like him though.

There are other high profile names who I think just need a bit more time too before they are ready for United.

I think Ole is good enough to tide us over this season. We can then properly plan a successor and see how the promising managers in world football get on this season to make our decision.

Better tactics? Better management?

Ole was a decent caretaker. Atleast for the first month or two. It was the right decision to get him over Jose.

It's the same things with Ole now. He isn't getting anything out of an absolutely fantastic squad. No point wasting the season.

We can all wish him to be a good manager but sadly it doesn't make it so.

In football it's very clear that when a manager is going like this it can only ever go one way. To waste the season in it would be incompetence.

Should learn a thing or two from Chelsea in that respect
It’s no guarantee that we get better from a caretaker.

Do you trust the board to make a better choice right now under pressure?
What exactly is it that you feel Ole has added to the team in his time here? I only ask because for me, he has bettered the team by the players that he has brought in to the club. Now if what you are using as an excuse for him is true(Ole is not solely responsible for recruitment), then I don't feel he has added much at all bar not being Mourinho.. I mean spending half a billion on new players is bound to progress the team, no? Our style of play certainly hasn't improved. Our set pieces haven't improved. Our tactics haven't improved (against the low block teams). Our substitute decisions haven't improved. So would it be fair for me to say that Ole hasn't improved us much really at all?

I am yet to see a proper reply to the most deflected and ducked under point there is regarding him and I wonder if you could give me one: If he were to get sacked tomorrow, not one club from the PL would look to hire him and yet he is good enough for the biggest team in the league?!
I think he’s improved the squad. Helped develop existing players into better ones and we play a lot better football than under Moyes, LVG and Mourinho we’ve had the most high scoring wins over all of them combined.

I don’t think it would be at all fair. I think recent results are clouding your opinion of what has been a largely successful rebuild.

I certainly think other PL clubs or other top clubs in Europe would consider him. I don’t think another top 6 club would though.

GazTheLegend

24 hours later my stance has softened. My thinking is that if we win against City, Liverpool and Atalanta, things are quickly forgotten. But we really, really need to sort ourselves out and fast. A lot of people said on this forum that October and November were huge months for Ole. That still stands, if we've lost all three of those (very possible) then maybe there won't be any other choice.

Robindinho

3 years and we still don't have a game plan or style of play, god knows what we do in training. It's embarrassing when he talks about tactics - coming across like a Sunday league manager, spouting clichés like 'run hard lads', 'show them we want it more', 'we've got the hill second half boys'.

We're 8 games into the season, had an easy fixture list and already, we are 5 points off the top - which is only 5 because the 'big' teams have played each other. The gap will no doubt increase with the run of games coming up, so without even being a ⅓ in to the league, challenging for the title will be over and another season of slogging it out for the top four awaits.

Out of the league cup at the first round, looking like another struggle just to get out of an easy Champions League group and that's not even mentioning the clueless football we play or how every team just waltz through us at will and we never get control.

That shouldn't be happening with the squad we have, which says it all about the "coaching". Goodbye Ole.

Cloud7

I certainly think other PL clubs or other top clubs in Europe would consider him. I don’t think another top 6 club would though.
I'm almost sure they won't. What Ole has shown in his time here is he can achieve a bare minimum finish, playing unattractive football, while spending more than almost all the other teams around him. What other football clubs exist that give you that opportunity? No top club will want that. Relegation threatened teams can't afford that. Midtable teams will look at him and think there are better options that don't need as much investment.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
People can prefer going with a different manager besides Zidane, but the amount of disrespect he gets from some posters on here is hilarious.

I've seen people in this thread asking what kind of credentials does he have to manage us..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zidane isn't the only manager ever who's managed great teams. He isn't the only manager ever who managed Ronaldo.

There's Real fans on here including @giorno who sing his praises.

He took over a Real Madrid team floundering in the league under Benitez and accumulated more points than peak MSN Barcelona in the league that season. He then won the European Double the following season(Real's 1st in 50 odd years). His final season had a disappointing league campaign, but he still won the Champions League.

He left(along with Ronaldo) and Real Madrid were terrible the following season.

Zidane comes back and significantly improves their defensive record and they win another La Liga title. The following season, they get to the semi-finals of the Champions League while dealing with an injury crisis and narrowly misses out on La Liga despite their squad being nowhere near as good as Zidane's 1st stint.

Zero credentials though.
I agree with this. His in game management is quality too. Watching his Real teams and he was constantly making adjustments mid game which is something we severely lack. Zidane would be my first choice.

Spoony

The People's President
I agree with this. His in game management is quality too. Watching his Real teams and he was constantly making adjustments mid game which is something we severely lack. Zidane would be my first choice.

Ten Hag? I am know next to feck all about him. I'm off to watch Tifo football - the Athletic.

Karlos PFC

Ole's career is nothing like Rodgers'. Coach-wise they're miles apart. One FA cup with the foxes is a huge accomplishment compared to two Norwegian league titles 10 years ago

Rodgers implements a specific style of football in every team that he's been into and with far less money than Ole.

I think that with the quality this squad has if Rodgers came we'd challenge almost immediately. He had Leicester playing great football in his first 2 months or so, if I remember correctly he was appointed Christmas or something.

For now I'd take Ernesto Valverde (though I'm not so sure he'd be interested in an interim job).

But come summer we must have a proper manager like Poch, Ten Haag, Rodgers.

For me Poch remains the ideal candidate, he has some issues in PSG and I think he will fail there cause of his high pressing style of football.

You can't get Neymar, Mesi, Mbpappe, Di Maria, Icardi and these kind of players press like Kane or Eriksen did. But you can get players like Rashford, Sancho, Cavani etc act like that.

Last edited:

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
This not gonna be easy. He's surrounded himself with his cronies of the boys. Sacking him would have to be so thorough the likes of carrick, mckenna, phelan etc all has to go.

I've had enough of "keeping the tradition going" cliche. We had a united legend in charge and where's that tradition going? Nowhere in sight.

Time to be ruthless.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
I've been "Ole in" since the beginning. Yesterday was really bad and the first time I lost faith in this project. I'm going back to backing him, slash undecided. Have seen the concern about the Ronaldo signing being a bad one for Ole, on here. We might have been better off without Ronaldo and sticking with Cavani as our main man up top instead. Dunno. Patience for now

Enigma_87

You know who
We have narrowed it. Calling Ole a nothing manager is just disrespectful. He’s not as elite as Klopp or Pep but some respect needs to be shown for how we’ve been rebuilt.

Midfield helps cut passing lanes and protect a back four while facilitating play in attack. Of course it will impact the defence. I agree DVB has been a waste of money if he’s not going to be used.

I think you massively underestimate the difficulty of managing United. There’s more pressure than the average PL job and “fans” like you are a huge part of the cultural problem.
He really is. Tactically he's completely out of his depth. He can bring positive influence and had the new manager effect during his first months and then blows hot and cold depending on the individual players form. In a big club like United you have quality players, despite many fans around here throwing them constantly under the bus and players like Bruno bailed him over and over again with individual efforts.

On the bolded part - I think you are actually. He shouldn't have been appointed as a perm manager as he's not up to the task. The so called rebuild that you praise him for might be just like the one LvG and Jose did - bunch of overpaid players like AWB, Maguire, Cavani, DvB, Telles etc that might be not up for the job for the next manager, James already sold. We gave substantial contracts to Mata(barely used), Bailly, hell even Grant to bring in Heaton later.

We're wasting time and resources much more than under any other manager not named Ole since Fergie retired - he spent half a billion pounds, let that sink in.

I'm pretty sure any of the current and past PL manager given the same time and resources would have done if not a better job at least the same.

RUCK4444

Not enough options in the poll, I don’t fancy Zidane or Conte so until there is a better fit for us available I’d rather not change (baring a total collapse.)

Shark

@NotShark
What's incredible is that Moyes was scrutinised and still is for binnng SAF's experienced staff and replacing them with Everton staff. Ole has essentially done the same thing only they're United legends and until now the top reds have been going around bashing anyone that's dared say anything negative about the direction United were heading. Literally any other manager would have been out on his ear by now but somehow he's fooled you all into believing he'll transform into SAF if given him time and now it'll be a long suffering haul until he's sacked.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
He really is. Tactically he's completely out of his depth. He can bring positive influence and had the new manager effect during his first months and then blows hot and cold depending on the individual players form. In a big club like United you have quality players, despite many fans around here throwing them constantly under the bus and players like Bruno bailed him over and over again with individual efforts.

On the bolded part - I think you are actually. He shouldn't have been appointed as a perm manager as he's not up to the task. The so called rebuild that you praise him for might be just like the one LvG and Jose did - bunch of overpaid players like AWB, Maguire, Cavani, DvB, Telles etc that might be not up for the job for the next manager, James already sold. We gave substantial contracts to Mata(barely used), Bailly, hell even Grant to bring in Heaton later.

We're wasting time and resources much more than under any other manager not named Ole since Fergie retired - he spent half a billion pounds, let that sink in.

I'm pretty sure any of the current and past PL manager given the same time and resources would have done if not a better job at least the same.
I don’t think he is tactically out of his depth. He’s managed to get terrific results against footballs tactical darlings.

At the time Ole was the correct decision to have as permanent manager and he’s been a great culture builder and squad builder. We are currently left with our CM options being the last bit of Mourinho football left and surprise surprise that’s where we’re at our weakest.

I think this is where a director of football has to come into play. Ole will not in my view have made decisions about who to bring in just for his own skin. Unlike Mourinho. I guess I trust Ole enough to make the right decisions for the club before himself.

I completely disagree with your last statement and I think you’re again going hyperbolic. If your stance was I don’t think he’s going to win us the league and so he’s not good enough and eventually needs replacing I’d find agreement with you.

Zlatattack

He has to go. He's done well to get us this far but it's evident that he's at his limit. We need an elite manager to match our pretty near enough elite squad.

devil in me

Did a good job gutting the squad and getting a couple of decent league finishes. Played some good football at times, too. But he's taken us as far as he can and its time to call it a day and appoint a top class manager to take it to the next step.

led_scholes

We are in the position fo Chelsea last year: trust the manager, champion fo Norway Nad relegator of Cardiff, and you fail or try an actual proven manager to utilize your half a bilion squad.

Shark

@NotShark
24 hours later my stance has softened. My thinking is that if we win against City, Liverpool and Atalanta, things are quickly forgotten. But we really, really need to sort ourselves out and fast. A lot of people said on this forum that October and November were huge months for Ole. That still stands, if we've lost all three of those (very possible) then maybe there won't be any other choice.
Mate, we can't beat Southampton. You're talking as if we have a manager of the experience and pedigree of Klopp or Pep at helm instead of a manager that even if he was to win all three of those games he'll still ultimately come up way short as a United manager. I genuinely can't believe there's fans still not accepting this reality.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
They’ve stopped defending him now though, the narrative from the media is shifting.
The journalists have turned on Ole, but Neville will be throwing a few players under the bus on MNF. He already hinted at it yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.