What will it take to sack moyes?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Surely this is the last straw? Pitiful. Embarrassing. Call it what you will, but he's got to go. Fans booed at the end, players turning against him probably. He's ruining us. Simple as.

Last edited:

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
I wouldn't be surprised if he's sacked tomorrow.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
If we perform like that against Arsenal in the first 30 minutes I'll be hoping we get hammered, because I really see no nascent ideas as to where the team is going from the guy.

Really starting to think Mata was a complete panic buy too.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Please dont call him a cu*t. He's a nice guy just not the right man for us.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Alex Ferguson admitting he is wrong, which has never happened.

poisson

broken record, best ignored.
Can't believe we drew that. It's just not our season. So so cruel

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
He won't be sacked on the back of this. Thats the sad news for us.

Varun

Staff
Unfortunately, time is what I think it will take. I just cant see us sacking him anytime soon.

What an inept display against the worst side in the league. all we did was hoof in crosses all game. And you can be sure he'l blame it all on luck post game too. Seriously, failure to beat this lot should be enough on top of what all has happened so far to get him the boot, but it wont. we actually fluked both our goals too.

acnumber9

I just can't see him being sacked this season. The club have invested too much in him. I hope they're working on a contingency plan.

Hannibal

80 crosses and 2-2 draw.

Moyes is a genius, i think we should keep him for another 5 years.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The Glazers should go over Fergie's head and sack him.

Fergie is not going to admit he got this one wrong because it'd look incredibly bad on him, he would believe, but things just haven't worked out and there's no shame in that. We tried his way and it's going to ruin the club. Time to go the other way now because Moyes is destroying an empire by himself, which is an incredible feat.

Varun

Staff
Alex Ferguson admitting he is wrong, which has never happened.
Yeah, I cant see SAF admitting is so quickly and after all his talk about patience, giving the manager time etc. The owners will have to overrule him but that'l take a year in the minimum. To be honest, I cant see it happening before next Dec.

starman

If we perform like that against Arsenal in the first 30 minutes I'll be hoping we get hammered, because I really see no nascent ideas as to where the team is going from the guy.

Really starting to think Mata was a complete panic buy too.
Both Fellini and Mata were not what needed, though Fellini would have scored an Octuple in that game.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I can imagine Moyes talking to the team after the final whistle;

"Lads, I am very cross."

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Because it's his fault Vidic is now so inept he cant even clear a ball properly in the 94 minute
You know what is his fault though? The tactics. The, 'continually hoof the ball into the box from the flanks for 90 minutes against the worst team in the league' tactics.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
It might take Sir Alex to admit that he was wrong. But he wont. The only chance of him getting the sack is when our revenue decreases and the owners decides to take their ,atters in to their own hands.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
The 80 crosses against Fulham today is going to go down in premier league folklore. It's beyond baffling to have a team with Januzaj, Van Perise, Rooney and Mata and play this style of football.

I want the team to win every game but if we get whalloped 5-0 at Arsenal and Moyes gets sacked as a consequence; I won't be bemoaning the score line. Yes, it's gotten that bad.

Moyes is not a winner. There just isn't any way around that. I've supported united since I watched their first game 29 years ago. I have nothing but pride and respect for the ethos of the club. But this idea that we have to support the manager to the end, no matter what, and show endless patience, just doesn't hold water any longer. Not for me anyway. This isn't 1986. United aren't 20+ years without a title and in need of a whole club being rebuilt. United is a behemoth, used to massive and continual success. Standards are very very high. They have to be. And those standards come from the top. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. The owners need to step up and replace the manager. It doesn't matter what Fergie thinks about it at this point. He's no longer the manager, he chose to retire. He can't "manage" from afar.

Saoirse.

Liverpool Fan
I am a bit dubious about him being sacked, SAF's rousing speech about how his tenure started poorly and the fans had to stand behind him and he led them to great things and that the fans were to stand behind the new manager too.

bigredmachine

Running smooth
I can't think of a anyone who could replace him. He'll get another season and transfer window to sign players.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
As I said in September, he has a free pass this season. If not, then I can't see what more he could have possibly done to be seen to be performing poorly enough. Literally nothing has gone right.

Brophs

The One and Only
I'd get rid of him if he attempts to start another bloody Moyes thread.

OneUnited24

This needed another thread.
Well theres three threads, one talking about Moyes, one talking about when he gets sacked and this one asking what it will take for him to be sacked.

Back on topic - As someone else said "when SAF admits he is wrong"

Enigma_87

You know who
I can't think of a anyone who could replace him. He'll get another season and transfer window to sign players.
I don't think it matters now. It's like playing Bebe with him or without him on the pitch there's no difference.

Even without a manager I can't see United playing worse.