What will it take to sack moyes?

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

Robbie Boy

I am just hoping that there is at least a board meeting going on tonight to talk about the current situation. I would pray if I was religious
We can all dream. The elation I would feel if he was gone by the start of the summer would be unbelievable.

Roboc7

Who cares how it would have looked. Replacing him with a better manager (when it became clear that David Moyes will forever be David Moyes) would have saved us the season and would have been a great move on the long term. A lot of United thought that Liverpool sacking that clown Hodgson wasn't the right move and was a knee jerk reaction, but it has been proven that it was an excellent move by them. We didn't make the same move for our version (though even shiiter) of Hodgson.
The club shouldn't have cared but it seems like some of the fans and SAF and SBC have this idea of not being like other clubs but it has been proven other clubs are right so we are the ones who look stupid.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Who cares how it would have looked. Replacing him with a better manager (when it became clear that David Moyes will forever be David Moyes) would have saved us the season and would have been a great move on the long term. A lot of United thought that Liverpool sacking that clown Hodgson wasn't the right move and was a knee jerk reaction, but it has been proven that it was an excellent move by them. We didn't make the same move for our version (though even shiiter) of Hodgson.
Hope we don't go down the Liverpool route and appoint an equally inept manager who will proceed to spend £85m on complete dross leaving little money for his successor to undo the damage.

Revan

Assumptionman
Hope we don't go down the Liverpool route and appoint an equally inept manager who will proceed to spend £85m on complete dross leaving little money for his successor to undo the damage.
Complete dross? On those 5 players he signed, two of them were Suarez and Henderson who have been excellent for them. Suarez becoming one of the best players in the world while Henderson is one of the best midfielders on the league. Suarez himself can recuperate all those 85m (and then there are around 25m which they get from their three flops). Kenny wasn't good, but he gave them some stability (which was needed after their ability vampire' spell) and he signed two players which became integral for them.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Complete dross? On those 5 players he signed, two of them were Suarez and Henderson who have been excellent for them. Suarez becoming one of the best players in the world while Henderson is one of the best midfielders on the league. Suarez himself can recuperate all those 85m (and then there are around 25m which they get from their three flops). Kenny wasn't good, but he gave them some stability (which was needed after their ability vampire' spell) and he signed two players which became integral for them.
I completely forgot about Suarez, he's a £70m player himself right now. I always thought he was signed between Hodgson and Dalglish.

starman

I thought he would get until Dec, but not even finishing in Euorpa league is pathetic. There just seem like theres no goal (pardon the punt). There is no aspect you could stay Moyes is looking to improve on or changed, no style of play. Just 11 players put onto the pitch with no team identity.

NinjaFletch

Well if the CL clause exists then it could happen.
Exactly

And the mood has changed like after Olympiakos.

Match going fans turned on him today, the press have turned on him finally, and Woodward looked pissed. Fingers crossed.

As a side note, I wonder how many of those 'Everton fans' singing sacked in the morning were located in the away end today?

BorisontheRock

I don't know how anyone can watch this team and not see that Moyes is the problem. It's not a United team I recognise. Even SAF most workman like teams had passion and fight, this match, the players didn't care, they showed up Moyes, showed the world their feelings for Moyes... And I don't blame them... All I've heard this season is Moyes hammer the players, collectively and individually... He called jones stupid today, this kid should be our starting centre back and captain for the next 10 years but Moyes crucified him, did Rodgers hammer his dodgy keeper today, or any other week for his stupid errors? I actually agree with olly holt, why fine and put Clevs welbeck and young for going out after a match, 10 days before the next game, because the paper splashed and they are easy targets.... He's a weak manager and weaker man.

I have zero sympathy, he's being paid a fortune and systematically failed and is destroying the club I know and the legacy SAF built, because he's British the press have lapped up his sob stories, until Rogers emerged as the new British great hope... Thank god for him, the blinkers are off and the press can finely agree that Moyes is hopeless.

I don't hate him as a man, but if he was a horse, he'd be put out of his misery by now.... His time has to be up. I can't believe we are considering giving him £200m, he wasted £67m on Fellaini and mata, a guy who's not good enough, and another we didn't need... His rumoured shopping list has some great names that we can be transfer muppets over, but I see no style of play that can give me any hope Moyes knows what he's doing, he's like a kid in a toy shop, buying the biggest brightest names he can find, no clue how they work.

I wouldn't trust him with my neighbours cat, and I hate cats!!

Time is up, sorry Fergie, you got this bang wrong. Glazers, time to put your head above the parapet for the first time and earn yourself a modicum of respect from the fans.

Reactions: golden_blunder

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
In 2014 Liverpool have won 14 games out of 16 (Drawn the other two)

In 2013-14 Manchester United have won 17 games.

What will it take to sack Moyes you ask? Seems results don't matter much.

CantonaGiggs1

I am going to take things to the extreme(since it seems management are never going to sack this guy) with this post.

What if United lost 7-0 to Norwich, 8-0 to Sunderland 5-0 to Hull City, and 6-0 to Southampton.

Do you think this would be enough to get him sacked? I know this is extreme, it is just that I am trying to figure out at what point do the Glazers say "enough is enough". Moyes right now is the Teflon Don of managers. Not only does he survive every disastrous result, but he grins and smiles about it after every match as to say" I am here to stay, and there is nothing you punks can do about it".

stevoc

Moyes right now is the Teflon Don of managers. Not only does he survive every disastrous result, but he grins and smiles about it after every match as to say" I am here to stay, and there is nothing you punks can do about it".
The grinning while slightly annoying i think is either a nervous reaction he can't help, or i suspect maybe hes been reading too many self help books and is trying to project confidence.

Either way i wouldn't read too much into it, as they are not the genuine smiles of someone who is at ease they are forced in my opinion.

CantonaGiggs1

The grinning while slightly annoying i think is either a nervous reaction he can't help, or i suspect maybe hes been reading too many self help books and is trying to project confidence.

Either way i wouldn't read too much into it, as they are not the genuine smiles of someone who is at ease they are forced in my opinion.

More reason why he has no business being anywhere near our club. If he can't take the heat then he needs to get out. Since when did we become a "learn on the job" club? The job is too big for him.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I am going to take things to the extreme(since it seems management are never going to sack this guy) with this post.

What if United lost 7-0 to Norwich, 8-0 to Sunderland 5-0 to Hull City, and 6-0 to Southampton.

Do you think this would be enough to get him sacked? I know this is extreme, it is just that I am trying to figure out at what point do the Glazers say "enough is enough". Moyes right now is the Teflon Don of managers. Not only does he survive every disastrous result, but he grins and smiles about it after every match as to say" I am here to stay, and there is nothing you punks can do about it".
No, personally don't think the last 4 games will have any bearing, sad but true, also I disagree with your other point, I really don't believe he'll be enjoying this at all, everyone who knows him from his Everton days has said he lives and breathes the games, I'm sure the situation is eating him alive right now, its a little unfair to say a half grin infront of the cameras means much.

CantonaGiggs1

No, personally don't think the last 4 games will have any bearing, sad but true, also I disagree with your other point, I really don't believe he'll be enjoying this at all, everyone who knows him from his Everton days has said he lives and breathes the games, I'm sure the situation is eating him alive right now, its a little unfair to say a half grin infront of the cameras means much.
It sends the wrong message. I am not saying he is literally jumping up and down in joy after every loss. I just think his grin is a defense mechanism of the criticism. He is also very defiant when challenged on anything. Not a very likable person at all. I think Moyes' post-game reactions in the press and his other comments are much worse than anything Welbeck could have done to deserve a fine and punishment in training.

stevoc

More reason why he has no business being anywhere near our club. If he can't take the heat then he needs to get out. Since when did we become a "learn on the job" club? The job is too big for him.
You only have to read my posts on here to know i agree i think this job is too much for him, and he doesn't have the right personality.

As i said it is annoying seeing him smile when his team has just limply lost and he should have a face like thunder. But they are not genuine smiles hes under massive pressure.

The real reason for the smiles is anyones guess but i would put good money on them not being the smug smiles of a man who is 100% sure he will still be in a job 3 weeks from now.

BorisontheRock

I think that today was the last chance for Moyes to save himself, he's failed all other major tests... If he's not gone tomorrow, I suspect he will be a free man in the summer, irrespective of the results of the next four games.

I hope I'm right at least, otherwise, Moyes is mocking us!!

coolredwine

lameredboots
Welcome brother :keano:
I wasn't really against him before. Quietly wanted him to do well, or show some progress at least. But then I saw a pattern in all his interviews, compared them to his Everton days, and the match against Everton blew me off. A man who can't motivate a team against a team (supporters actually) who denounced him, I doubt he could do much. I just feel sad that it has come to this. But meh, as everyone is saying - stop the rot before it becomes worse.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
We have like... what? 5 shots on goal against Liverpool / City / Everton?

5 shots on goals? and it's not even a clear chance.
That would be poor for a single match never mind three.
@coolredwine I wasn't against him from the get go but more like I was worried and not really enthusiastic about him as being linked with the job and that was months before he was given the job. After you try to convince yourself that somehow SAF made a right call and wait for things to improve but they really haven't.
That stat 52 different lineups in 52 matches is a mind feck up. Even SAF who loved to rotate wasn't that extreme and inconsistent.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
That would be poor for a single match never mind three.
@coolredwine I wasn't against him from the get go but more like I was worried and not really enthusiastic about him as being linked with the job and that was months before he was given the job. After you try to convince yourself that somehow SAF made a right call and wait for things to improve but they really haven't.
That stat 52 different lineups in 52 matches is a mind feck up. Even SAF who loved to rotate wasn't that extreme and inconsistent.
And it goes completely against what he says about not having a strong enough squad.

A manager who has misgivings about the quality in his squad finds a core of players he trusts, not play everyone at any time in no consistent way.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I am interested to know what is rock bottom for the Manchester United board and the match going fans. In other clubs a manager who takes their team from champions to 7th would be booed by the supporters who would threaten the club of a boycott unless they get rid of the idiot in command. This would be enough for the club to sack the manager to show that they mean business. At OT its all about standing ovations, giving the manager a 7-8th chance and allowing him to spend another 100m (on top of the 64m he already spent) to build his side around his 'image'.

I really dont want to sound as an arse (and this is genuine question) but what it will take for supporters here to show some teeth? The guy had humiliated the champions, players who were loved like Vidic and Welbeck are leaving/threatening to leave and he had the cheek to blame it all on SAF who allegedly left him with a weak squad. What must Moyes do to end up being booed at OT which would set the ball rolling for his imminent sack?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
And it goes completely against what he says about not having a strong enough squad.

A manager who has misgivings about the quality in his squad finds a core of players he trusts, not play everyone at any time in no consistent way.
I can only agree with you Pexbo, there's been a lot of incoherence between what is said and what has really happened.

Rednotdead

I am interested to know what is rock bottom for the Manchester United board and the match going fans. In other clubs a manager who takes their team from champions to 7th would be booed by the supporters who would threaten the club of a boycott unless they get rid of the idiot in command. This would be enough for the club to sack the manager to show that they mean business. At OT its all about standing ovations, giving the manager a 7-8th chance and allowing him to spend another 100m (on top of the 64m he already spent) to build his side around his 'image'.

I really dont want to sound as an arse (and this is genuine question) but what it will take for supporters here to show some teeth? The guy had humiliated the champions, players who were loved like Vidic and Welbeck are leaving/threatening to leave and he had the cheek to blame it all on SAF who allegedly left him with a weak squad. What must Moyes do to end up being booed at OT which would set the ball rolling for his imminent sack?
My own feeling is that yesterday will have been the final straw for the Glazers. Not just the result, but the body language of the players and the sheer humiliation of it all for the club and supporters (and sponsors!). I'm sure he will be gone at the end of the season - it would be too much of a gamble to let him continue.

Interval

Level
I wasn't really against him before. Quietly wanted him to do well, or show some progress at least. But then I saw a pattern in all his interviews, compared them to his Everton days, and the match against Everton blew me off. A man who can't motivate a team against a team (supporters actually) who denounced him, I doubt he could do much. I just feel sad that it has come to this. But meh, as everyone is saying - stop the rot before it becomes worse.
I'll add to this.

Even I'm not against him. What gets to me is his inability to play attacking football. Even if I were to buy the excuse of an aging, complacent team, our attacking front four options are - Rooney, Van Persie, Kagawa, Mata, Januzaj, Welbeck, Hernandez and Valencia. If the team struggles to create more than 1-2 chances in a match despite such stellar attacking options, I think the issue lies with the system and the belief - both of which are the manager's scope of responsibility.

Everytime we've done well in matches against the 'bigger' teams - Arsenal, Bayern - we've played very, for the lack of a better word, Everton-ish. I have yet to see a match this season where we have played like we're the bigger team.

That's just not enough. I think he'll get better. I think we'll win alot more matches next season. Whether it'll be enough to achieve the standards that United fans are accustomed to? I don't think so. All in all, I think we need a manager with a stronger personality.

coolredwine

lameredboots
I'll add to this.

Even I'm not against him. What gets to me is his inability to play attacking football. Even if I were to buy the excuse of an aging, complacent team, our attacking front four options are - Rooney, Van Persie, Kagawa, Mata, Januzaj, Welbeck, Hernandez and Valencia. If the team struggles to create more than 1-2 chances in a match despite such stellar attacking options, I think the issue lies with the system and the belief - both of which are the manager's scope of responsibility.

Everytime we've done well in matches against the 'bigger' teams - Arsenal, Bayern - we've played very, for the lack of a better word, Everton-ish. I have yet to see a match this season where we have played like we're the bigger team.

That's just not enough. I think he'll get better. I think we'll win alot more matches next season. Whether it'll be enough to achieve the standards that United fans are accustomed to? I don't think so. All in all, I think we need a manager with a stronger personality.
That, and also I think there is something fundamentally wrong with the team. And I noticed that a couple of times now in the recent matches. No idea whether this is something that Moyes asks from the team, or the players do it themselves, but they just don't want to pass to the nearest team member. I pointed this out in the Valencia thread after the Bayern match, and noticed this yesterday as well. Rooney twice and Buttner as well. I am sure there have been more of such instances. Rooney twice had Nani/Mata closest to him. Yet for reason, he preferred lobbing the ball to Smalling. Same with Buttner. Had an option of Kagawa. Kagawa pointed to him to pass to another player. And Buttner just lumped the ball up front to no effect.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Genuine Questions :

What do you think still keeping him his job?

SAF clearly washes his hands
Bobby Charlton clearly should just shut up for now
The Fans - why they haven't turn against him?
The Players - why they haven't made it clear, they got nothing to lose either, some of them are leaving anyway
The Media - Blind? Bias?

He's got some lucky rabbit charm somewhere

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Genuine Questions :

What do you think still keeping him his job?

SAF clearly washes his hands
Bobby Charlton clearly should just shut up for now
The Fans - why they haven't turn against him?
The Players - why they haven't made it clear, they got nothing to lose either, some of them are leaving anyway
The Media - Blind? Bias?

He's got some lucky rabbit charm somewhere
The players are letting their football do their work.

Interval

Level
That, and also I think there is something fundamentally wrong with the team. And I noticed that a couple of times now in the recent matches. No idea whether this is something that Moyes asks from the team, or the players do it themselves, but they just don't want to pass to the nearest team member. I pointed this out in the Valencia thread after the Bayern match, and noticed this yesterday as well. Rooney twice and Buttner as well. I am sure there have been more of such instances. Rooney twice had Nani/Mata closest to him. Yet for reason, he preferred lobbing the ball to Smalling. Same with Buttner. Had an option of Kagawa. Kagawa pointed to him to pass to another player. And Buttner just lumped the ball up front to no effect.
Didn't you get the memo. Playing the long ball is the new tiki-taka.

On a serious note, I've noticed that too. Damn frustrating.