What will it take to sack moyes?

coolredwine

lameredboots
Genuine Questions :

What do you think still keeping him his job?

SAF clearly washes his hands
Bobby Charlton clearly should just shut up for now
The Fans - why they haven't turn against him?
The Players - why they haven't made it clear, they got nothing to lose either, some of them are leaving anyway
The Media - Blind? Bias?

He's got some lucky rabbit charm somewhere
Because we are too good a club to resort to those measures.

Rednotdead

Genuine Questions :

What do you think still keeping him his job?

SAF clearly washes his hands
Bobby Charlton clearly should just shut up for now
The Fans - why they haven't turn against him?
The Players - why they haven't made it clear, they got nothing to lose either, some of them are leaving anyway
The Media - Blind? Bias?

He's got some lucky rabbit charm somewhere
I think all that's keeping him in a job are the 4 games left to play. I can see him going at the end of the season.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
In answer to the original posters question, unfortunately it seems that insipid football, lack of tactical awareness/ability and utterly shite results are NOT what it will take to sack THE WRONG ONE.

entropy

If we dont get into Europa League then he his gone I would think.
I think not getting into the Europa league would be an achievement for Moyes. It might just help him keep the job, we don't want the Europa league to become a nagging reason for Moyes to defend himself or his rebuilding project.

Rednotdead

I think not getting into the Europa league would be an achievement for Moyes. It might just help him keep the job, we don't want the Europa league to become a nagging reason for Moyes to defend himself or his rebuilding project.
But the Glazers would want it for the income it would generate.

A1X

Surely, surely, surely this has to be the very last straw on this enormous bale of straws.

crossy1686

career ending
Why is everyone so sure he's getting sacked in the summer? He's jetting off around the world watching players he wants to sign. The glazers wouldn't allow him to be putting transfers in motion if they were going to sack him in a couple of weeks.

He's going no where and we're going to have to suffer another season of this before someone wakes up.

If Moyes does spend £100 million and we start the next campaign as bad as this one has ended, everyone is going to turn on him. It will be too late by then though, the damage is done.

togg

I am interested to know what is rock bottom for the Manchester United board and the match going fans. In other clubs a manager who takes their team from champions to 7th would be booed by the supporters who would threaten the club of a boycott unless they get rid of the idiot in command. This would be enough for the club to sack the manager to show that they mean business. At OT its all about standing ovations, giving the manager a 7-8th chance and allowing him to spend another 100m (on top of the 64m he already spent) to build his side around his 'image'.

I really dont want to sound as an arse (and this is genuine question) but what it will take for supporters here to show some teeth? The guy had humiliated the champions, players who were loved like Vidic and Welbeck are leaving/threatening to leave and he had the cheek to blame it all on SAF who allegedly left him with a weak squad. What must Moyes do to end up being booed at OT which would set the ball rolling for his imminent sack?
Well, I reckon rock bottom for the board would be fans voting with their feet. Half empty Old Trafford would shout more to the money guys than a round of boos for Moyes.

However, I just don't think he will be sacked unless we start failing after the first ten games of next season. I think the board will bite their lip and let him have a load of cash to try to implement his vision, plan...whatever. Goodness knows what it is...but one can only hope that somewhere in that head of his he has a future vision, a style he wants to instigate, a player motivation ability that can be utilised...because none of it is apparent at the moment.

I'm sure there are whisperings of doubt echoeing along the corridores between the directors offices. United is a money making machine, but if the mother is dying...everything else goes with it.

togg

Why is everyone so sure he's getting sacked in the summer? He's jetting off around the world watching players he wants to sign. The glazers wouldn't allow him to be putting transfers in motion if they were going to sack him in a couple of weeks.

He's going no where and we're going to have to suffer another season of this before someone wakes up.

If Moyes does spend £100 million and we start the next campaign as bad as this one has ended, everyone is going to turn on him. It will be too late by then though, the damage is done.
Absolutely right. I have said all along, no matter how awful it becomes this season (and I said that two months ago and it has been bloody awful), Moyes won't be sacked until into next season.

hp88

If were going to sack him then it will be in May. We're not going to let someone spend £100m and then sack him. If were still shit next year we will probably hold onto him until 2015, just can't see us sacking him mid season.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I can't believe people defending him using : he's a nice bloke and a workaholic

That gets bandied alot, but I believe most managers at this level have this kind of traits, you don't manage a team of superstars if you're not a nice bloke, and you probably won't get the job at the first place if you're not a hardworkers.

Even big Sam and hodgson surely have done their fair share of hard work in the past?

EDIT: and judging from how he hammers the players, I don't think he's a nice guy. So can we get that "nice bloke" myth gone once and for all?

entropy

But the Glazers would want it for the income it would generate.
No fecks will be given about income generated from Europa league. The players won't like playing in it, the fans will be frustrated that we have dropped so low and the manager will struggle to rotate our squad after playing on Thursdays. It's a win win for everyone.

fatboy

My greatest worry is the players he will let go during the summer. The man has no clue what works or doesn't work for the team anyway, so we might lose some of our better players, who maybe aren't exactly playing for him at this time.

And to make things worse, he'll try to replace them with expensive players he probably only started scouting the last few months. This kind of damage can take years to repair, even if we get a new manager. He needs to go asap.

crossy1686

career ending
If were going to sack him then it will be in May. We're not going to let someone spend £100m and then sack him. If were still shit next year we will probably hold onto him until 2015, just can't see us sacking him mid season.
Exactly my point. If he was going to be sacked, the Glazers wouldn't allow him to be flying around the world to scout on official club business. Dave won't be paying for those plane tickets himself.

Plus, he's apparently already put plans in motion to sign some players or they've agreed to sign depending on what reports you believe. Again, this wouldn't be allowed if we were going to sack him any time soon.

Ralph1386

At what time of the day do managers generally get the sack? It's 9am now, and still no news :(

A1X

At what time of the day do managers generally get the sack? It's 9am now, and still no news :(
If he's still here by 4pm today then he'll probably still be here five years from now. Fighting a relegation battle in League One.

hp88

Exactly my point. If he was going to be sacked, the Glazers wouldn't allow him to be flying around the world to scout on official club business. Dave won't be paying for those plane tickets himself.

Plus, he's apparently already put plans in motion to sign some players or they've agreed to sign depending on what reports you believe. Again, this wouldn't be allowed if we were going to sack him any time soon.
I don't think the club would stop him from going on scouting trips, they will want to keep their options open,If they hold onto him they will give him the funds which is why he's flying the world looking for players. I am just hoping there is a plan b and the board aren't sitting around waiting for a miracle to happen.

NK86

I don't think the club would stop him from going on scouting trips, they will want to keep their options open,If they hold onto him they will give him the funds which is why he's flying the world looking for players. I am just hoping there is a plan b and the board aren't sitting around waiting for a miracle to happen.
Were you at the game yesterday? How is the feeling among the away fans? Is there resentment growing or are they still patiently waiting for things to turn around. I could hear the jeering from the Everton fans quite clearly even on the TV, must have been horrible to be in the ground.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I am interested to know what is rock bottom for the Manchester United board and the match going fans. In other clubs a manager who takes their team from champions to 7th would be booed by the supporters who would threaten the club of a boycott unless they get rid of the idiot in command. This would be enough for the club to sack the manager to show that they mean business. At OT its all about standing ovations, giving the manager a 7-8th chance and allowing him to spend another 100m (on top of the 64m he already spent) to build his side around his 'image'.

I really dont want to sound as an arse (and this is genuine question) but what it will take for supporters here to show some teeth? The guy had humiliated the champions, players who were loved like Vidic and Welbeck are leaving/threatening to leave and he had the cheek to blame it all on SAF who allegedly left him with a weak squad. What must Moyes do to end up being booed at OT which would set the ball rolling for his imminent sack?
The last home game will be interesting, there has usually been a SAF speech, a lap of honour from the players. I am not sure there will be anyone there to hear the speech.

Backrow Singer

Were you at the game yesterday? How is the feeling among the away fans? Is there resentment growing or are they still patiently waiting for things to turn around. I could hear the jeering from the Everton fans quite clearly even on the TV, must have been horrible to be in the ground.
Not really any chants against him. Same goes for the train home. Comments maybe. All I know is that having the piss taken out of you by Everton fans isn't what this club is about. Was strange yesterday because most people could probably see it coming. Atmosphere was better after the Bayern game by the end.

We'll just have to see we go. I can't see the club deciding that enough is enough, so there is not much more we can say on that really. We'll just have to stick with it and see what happens over the summer.

Last edited:

crossy1686

career ending
The last home game will be interesting, there has usually been a SAF speech, a lap of honour from the players. I am not sure there will be anyone there to hear the speech.
That could be the perfect opportunity to voice discontent. It would only be aimed at Moyes seeing as he'd be the one doing the speech.

NK86

Not really any chants against him. Same goes for the train home. Comments maybe. All I know is that having the piss taken out of you by Everton fans isn't what this club is about. Was strange yesterday because most people could probably see it coming. Atmosphere was better after the Bayern game by the end.

We'll just have to see we go. I can't see the club deciding that enough is enough, so there is not much more we can say on that really. We'll just have to stick with it and see what happens over the summer.
I respect that. Just a query, is it not felt in some quarters that perhaps the fans need to take some things in their own hand and maybe let their anger known. Standing up and applauding Moyes at OT is hardly the sign of discontent among the faithfuls.

Rednotdead

No fecks will be given about income generated from Europa league. The players won't like playing in it, the fans will be frustrated that we have dropped so low and the manager will struggle to rotate our squad after playing on Thursdays. It's a win win for everyone.
The Glazers will most certainly be concerned. Football isn't their concern, they leave that to others. Maximising income is.

crossy1686

career ending
The Glazers will most certainly be concerned. Football isn't their concern, they leave that to others. Maximising income is.
What will get Moyes sacked ultimately will be the money men. If we're losing money they tell the Glazers then they sack Moyes. If a few of our major sponsors decide to go elsewhere Moyes will be gone tomorrow.

NK86

What will get Moyes sacked ultimately will be the money men. If we're losing money they tell the Glazers then they sack Moyes. If a few of our major sponsors decide to go elsewhere Moyes will be gone tomorrow.
They don't even have to leave the club. All they have to do is lowball new offers and the Glazers will start panicking.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
David May was silenced by Manchester United's in-house TV channel on Sunday after suggesting that manager David Moyes was 'out of his depth.'

The former United defender was a pundit on MUTV's coverage of the 2-0 defeat at Everton and when asked for his opinion on the embattled manager replied with the negative comment.

May was quickly hushed up by the presenter, who insisted that May concentrate on the Scot's positive qualities instead.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Moyes-depth-Everton-defeat.html#ixzz2zVp9NPNK

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
David May was silenced by Manchester United's in-house TV channel on Sunday after suggesting that manager David Moyes was 'out of his depth.'

The former United defender was a pundit on MUTV's coverage of the 2-0 defeat at Everton and when asked for his opinion on the embattled manager replied with the negative comment.

May was quickly hushed up by the presenter, who insisted that May concentrate on the Scot's positive qualities instead.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Moyes-depth-Everton-defeat.html#ixzz2zVp9NPNK
How dare him to question the dear supreme leader

Empire

Somebody should go on a hunger strike sponsored by chevrolet. They'll soon put the pressure on the Glazers.

Kakeru

Disgusting! Go feck yourselves, MUTV! There are times when the truth MUST be told and that was one of those times.

We need more pundits and ex-players than just David May and Robbie Savage assuming the change of heart.

A1X

What's the point having pundits if you're not going to let them be pundits?

Might as well have one of those staged things in North Korea where after every game they stand and applaud, regardless of the result, and the first one who stops gets taken round the back and shot.

adamwest

Is this for real? Always wise to take a daily mail article with a mound of salt, especially if there are no quotes. If true this is pretty pathetic though.

Gopher Brown

He hasn't signed or agreed to sign anyone yet. They are more empty words coming from his mouth in a desperate attempt to be given more time. Like the number of times he's said there will be a response from the side after a heavy defeat, and all we get is more abject bullshit.

DWelbz19

I'm sure the club/and new manager could still complete the deals already in place without Moyes there. Players are hardly going to say 'hold up, Moyes has gone? I want out'.

A1X

Man City changed manager last season. They still bought players.
Chelsea changed manager last season. They still bought players.
Bayern Munich changed manager last season. They bought Alcantara.
Real Madrid changed manager last season and bought Bale.

Moriarty

I suppose he had to remain silent afterwards then.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
I can only hope he's still in the job while we try to persuade his successor to leave their current job.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I'm sure the club/and new manager could still complete the deals already in place without Moyes there. Players are hardly going to say 'hold up, Moyes has gone? I want out'.
Why would a new guy want the same players Moyes identified? why would United buy the targets Moyes set out for them if hes getting sacked and then pray the next guy wouldn't want to put his own stamp on the team? in terms of players.

DWelbz19

Why would a new guy want the same players Moyes identified? why would United buy the targets Moyes set out for them if hes getting sacked and then pray the next guy wouldn't want to put his own stamp on the team? in terms of players.
If they're the right sort of targets, why not? Moyes isn't going for anyone obscure or below the radar (that we know of). A lot of managers would take in the likes of Shaw, Carvalho or whoever. But, as mentioned above, I don't think he's really in any progressive talks and it's a bit of a porky.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Nah, the importance of this gets overstated because of how Moyes has put emphasis on this. I cannot imagine a manager would be too disappointed working with this squad plus Shaw and Kroos for example and would complain that he wanted Coentrao and Carvalho instead.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I'm sure a decent manager would work with that calibre of player, you're correct, but from the clubs perspective, and the fact the Glazers are driven by money, we're not exactly talking peanuts here are we, 30mill for Shaw and up to 40mill for Kroos, adding Kroos supposed 250k a week contract, over 5 years is like.. another 50million investment ontop of his initial fee, the club would be taking a gigantic risk buying players prior a new managers thoughts are sought on the matter is my point.