What will this new United generation/era be called?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
With Woody gone, major changes behind the scenes and Pogba and JLingz departing it feels like the beginning of a new era.

What will this era be called?

1986-1990: Fergie Begins
1991-96: Fergie's Fledglings
97-2002: Treble winners
2003-05: The Lost Years
2006-13: Fergie's final stand
2013-21: The Dab-Banter Era
2022-:??

432JuanMata

Not to be negative but this could just be thrown in with 2013-2021 if it isn’t successful. ETH has such a big job on his hands it is unreal

Spielmacher

Not to be negative but this could just be thrown in with 2013-2021 if it isn’t successful. ETH has such a big job on his hands it is unreal
Nah, it's pretty much guaranteed we will be back on top, this is a new era. Don't you feel all the enthusiasm in the football forum?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The era doesn't have to be successful but I still think this is a new one. The club have a lot of new people at the wheel.

We may end up calling it the Total Footbullshit era

432JuanMata

Nah, it's pretty much guaranteed we will be back on top, this is a new era. Don't you feel all the enthusiasm in the football forum?
The caf is always excited in the transfer window.
You don’t have to go back far to see either as we finished 2nd then signed Ronaldo, Sancho and Varane the caf thought we were back

432JuanMata

The era doesn't have to be successful but I still think this is a new one. The club have a lot of new people at the wheel.

We may end up calling it the Total Footbullshit era
Yeah I get that you mean it in the fact we are changing everything but if it fails just throw it in with the other years and do the same again

Sir Erik ten Hag

With Woody gone, major changes behind the scenes and Pogba and JLingz departing it feels like the beginning of a new era.

What will this era be called?

1986-1990: Fergie Begins
1991-96: Fergie's Fledglings
97-2002: Treble winners
2003-05: The Lost Years
2006-13: Fergie's final stand
2013-21: The Dab-Banter Era
2022-:??
Erik ten Hag's Red Army

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Well if some of the dead wood is still here come August, The unconvinceables

Crashoutcassius

I think one thing will make this a new era: if we take a philosophy from ETH and continue to build on it if he fails.

The thing that has killed us the last ten years is changing approach, similar to how government works, where whatever failed most recently is bad.

In investing world it is often said that your plan isn't the most important thing, sticking to your plan is the most important thing. Obviously at the very highest level we need the plan to be right and tweaked on the go, but honestly if we said we are going to build on the approach that ole took in his penultimate year and just become the best counter attacking side in the world, hire a manager that knows how to do that, we would still get a far better outcome than what we have been doing. In a way ole built on what mourinho was doing, Fred and mctom, hired maguire who mourinho wanted, AWB even a mourinho style right back in some ways. Main focus was pace and being clinical on the counter. People were unhappy but it was effective at times despite oles shortcoming as a coach.

We are starting over again now, and that is okay I think. But if ETH fails I hope we get someone to keep going in the same direction to eek some success out of this team.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
The SamariTen Era. There will be a Summer of D-tox first, however.

Fergie began with the Rocky Start era, then we went into the Over the Top era, winning titles for fun. And let's not forget the Treble which was the Season of Cliffhanger(s).

Things went downhill after the Rocky II: Gibraltar incident, though. The "Escape to Victory" years were still glorious, as Fergie prevented us from sinking into mediocrity, and kept us winning. However, this was followed by the Judge-Ed years. Some historians also call that the BAntz era.

That era ended yesterday, however, with the Bye, Kids: Game Over incident, when we got rid of the Expendables.

I'm looking forward to the SamariTen era, though, and I do not regret at all the fact that I lost almost an hour putting up that shitty list of Stallone-themed eras, only to realise that none of his fecking movie titles worked well for Erik Ten Hag.

RedChisel

The Reluctants

Judging by how keen current and potential players are to play for us.

I’m loving my life

Glazers merchandise, social media click and marketing dividend maximisation mission part 755895443589