What would be an acceptable offer for Pogba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C'est Moi Cantona

Full and final offers by Wednesday this week, if non meet what we want for him, and the club are confident Pogba will not down tools, then draw a line under it there and then, the last thing we need is this dragging out for weeks, we just do not have the time left in this transfer window for it.

Cockney Phil

I think we have to balance any ‘reasonable’ offer against having an arsehole in the squad bitching and moaning about not getting his way all season and undermining anything Ole tries.

Many said at the time doing business with these people will come back to bite us - I think this twat and his agent have bitten Ole.

I was never a fan of Pogba and didn’t want him back but he did do well in the first season for the Sacked one. But once that relationship went down the toilet the club has become a stage for all kinds of stupidities from penalties to social media and now this.

In all this I feel sorry for all our younger fans let down by twats like Pogba who are merciless at taking their money and dumping them.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Why? They were all young players with a lot of time ahead of them and had excellent seasons for there clubs, being one of if not the best player in the respective leagues. Pogba shouldnt have been anywhere near the premiership team of the year, he has been superb for a month or two for two spells his whole time here. You dont pay those kind of fees for a player with talent, you pay those kind of fees for a player that produces, he hasnt consistently even when at Juventus. I have over time come round to the thinking of SOuness, the guy is a myth who at club level really isnt an elite player.
I will say this now, nobody will pay £150m for Pogba and that is a bad thing, as if we dont reach some kind of different agreement, do you really still want him here this comign season, as I certainly dont
What you said was true for Coutinho too, still got shit loads of money. Pogba is 6 months older than Coutinho when he moved.

It's odd if anyone reads the post, you would think some Newcastle or mid-table clubs want him but fact is few biggest clubs in the world wants him. It's not even based on some potential, it's based on his performance.

cyril C

I would take Dybala if Ole knows how to use him, but not Sandro for his age.

Luke1995

Let's say he ends up staying this window and tries to leave again in January, would his value become bigger or smaller ?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I guess this deserves a bump as this looks ever more likely given his agent's comments.

What is his exit strategy? Do Real really want him - apart from Zidane who isn't really in the strongest position there? What do the Real supporters on here think?

With Juve, who just bought midfielder number 7 or 8 in the last few days, I can't imagine any way they could make a deal happen other than shifting us their unwanted players. Quite frankly, I don't want any of their players as makeshifts in a deal to sign back Pogba.

It's a pity PSG haven't been rumoured to be interested in him as they might stomp up the cash.

I've seen people in the media peddle the narrative that United have just got to bite the bullet and lower their asking price. That for me is a terrible strategy. Completely plays into the hands of Raiola and leaves us twice burned. Also sets a shite precedent. I'm still of the opinion that he should be fetching a huge fee or bonafide quality player(s) in part exchange (with the troublesome caveat that they'd actually want to join).

Dick Dastardly

Supports
Wrexham
Pogba is an enigma. Worth an imaginary fortune but not wanted by many. A bit like some bling you wear on special occasions but put in the cupboard for most of the year.

Eric's Seagull

I guess this deserves a bump as this looks ever more likely given his agent's comments.

What is his exit strategy? Do Real really want him - apart from Zidane who isn't really in the strongest position there? What do the Real supporters on here think?

With Juve, who just bought midfielder number 7 or 8 in the last few days, I can't imagine any way they could make a deal happen other than shifting us their unwanted players. Quite frankly, I don't want any of their players as makeshifts in a deal to sign back Pogba.

It's a pity PSG haven't been rumoured to be interested in him as they might stomp up the cash.

I've seen people in the media peddle the narrative that United have just got to bite the bullet and lower their asking price. That for me is a terrible strategy. Completely plays into the hands of Raiola and leaves us twice burned. Also sets a shite precedent. I'm still of the opinion that he should be fetching a huge fee or bonafide quality player(s) in part exchange (with the troublesome caveat that they'd actually want to join).
The problem I would have with selling home for a lower fee than what we think he is worth is that if we are in a similar situation with a different player in the future, clubs may think they can bully us into a accepting a lower fee.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The problem I would have with selling home for a lower fee than what we think he is worth is that if we are in a similar situation with a different player in the future, clubs may think they can bully us into a accepting a lower fee.
Absolutely. The precedent would be awful. Likewise if a club manages to load onto us their unwanted players.

JK-27

Says a lot when we're talking about Pogba leaving who has the interest of Real and Juventus, and we're interested in replacing him with Jack fecking Grealish from Aston Villa.

I absolutely despair at how low we have sunk.

Steerpike

Pogba's contract runs until the end of the 2020/21 season, so basically for another 18 months. The closer we get to the end of his contract, particularly if he makes it clear that he won't sign a new one, the lower the price we can expect to get when we do sell him. If he hasn't gone by the start of next season, we will end up letting him move on for next to nothing (he could simply see out his contract then walk away when it ends). The reality is that his sale price is already on the down slope.

I'm not seeing any evidence of big clubs scrambling to get him on board, which suggests that either he isn't perceived as a particularly good player, or that the cost is just too high (the transfer fee and high wage demands). Raiola's mixed messages over the last week or so, including saying he expects Pogba to still be a United player next season, are perhaps an acknowledgement that there isn't much of a market for the player right now.

fergiesarmy1

Says a lot when we're talking about Pogba leaving who has the interest of Real and Juventus, and we're interested in replacing him with Jack fecking Grealish from Aston Villa.

But if he doesn’t want to be here what should we do, keeping him against his will as it seems isn’t proving effective. Would you rather keep and suffer this circus or replace with someone else?

fps

Absolutely. The problem is that £90m was predicated on performances and improvement which haven’t really come to pass though. While he is 4 years more experienced he hasn’t turned into that mega money worthy player we thought he would. I would say the club should state £110m and accept anything around 98.

I doubt any club will pay it though.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
But if he doesn’t want to be here what should we do, keeping him against his will as it seems isn’t proving effective. Would you rather keep and suffer this circus or replace with someone else?
The main problem is he's Eds favorite because of his marketing which will bite us in the arse because if he does stay it won't be for footballing reasons. That's always going to be secondary in Eds agenda. Personally if we could get our money back I'd sell him tomorrow. But thinking about it logically who's going to pay 100m+ for Pogba especially if Madrid are thinking about breaking the bank for Mbappe in the not too distant future?

fergiesarmy1

The main problem is he's Eds favorite because of his marketing which will bite us in the arse because if he does stay it won't be for footballing reasons. That's always going to be secondary in Eds agenda. Personally if we could get our money back I'd sell him tomorrow. But thinking about it logically who's going to pay 100m+ for Pogba especially if Madrid are thinking about breaking the bank for Mbappe in the not too distant future?
It beats me who would pay over £100m for him now but as you say he is a marketing dream especially if he starts actually performing like a world class midfielder. If he was to go in January that means all this was a charade and a transfer was already agreed - possible swap deal? If it is actually an injury then that would mean summertime and I can only see back to Juve or maybe PSG if Madrid get involved with Mbappe.

Irrational.

I can almost guarantee the price we'd be quoted for Maddison or Grealish would eclipse what we'd receive for Pogba, which is mind boggling. This just reflects the British premium and how shit we are in the transfer market.

Liverpool managed to con Barcelona out of £120 million for Coutinho FFS :lol:

RoyH1

What we paid for him plus one so we can save face and sell at a "profit" But Woodie will not accept this since he can only see Pogba's marketability and not so much at the terrible distraction he has become.

Lentwood

£100m and I would carry him to Madrid

Pogba has stitched the club up massively this season. We were already down to the bare bones without having our most expensive, most talented and possibly most experienced (in terms of winning major trophies) player out for most of the season

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
We paid 80mill? for Maguire? Pogba should go for 160-ish.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Pogba's contract runs until the end of the 2020/21 season, so basically for another 18 months. The closer we get to the end of his contract, particularly if he makes it clear that he won't sign a new one, the lower the price we can expect to get when we do sell him. If he hasn't gone by the start of next season, we will end up letting him move on for next to nothing (he could simply see out his contract then walk away when it ends). The reality is that his sale price is already on the down slope.

I'm not seeing any evidence of big clubs scrambling to get him on board, which suggests that either he isn't perceived as a particularly good player, or that the cost is just too high (the transfer fee and high wage demands). Raiola's mixed messages over the last week or so, including saying he expects Pogba to still be a United player next season, are perhaps an acknowledgement that there isn't much of a market for the player right now.
He's got the next 18 months + a year option (unilateral club option). So he could have a great Euro and then have 2 years left and retain huge value.

For me, he's clearly an outrageously talented player. His attitude is a huge question, but when he has loads of amazing players around him he plays well. So he's not some sort of talisman who fights for the team, he's a luxury addition to an already good side. Teams who are interested in him are already good sides. Plus, he comes with huge exposure which clubs also factor in. His profile has definitely increased in the last 3 and a half years. He's not proved to be a leader, but he's not regressed in any way - and won a world cup along with all the other French boys.

C'est Moi Cantona

I'd rather swap him for a player, as there is no guarantee the money would be fully reinvested, and if it was we'd be forced to overpay for an inferior player.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Absolutely. The problem is that £90m was predicated on performances and improvement which haven’t really come to pass though. While he is 4 years more experienced he hasn’t turned into that mega money worthy player we thought he would. I would say the club should state £110m and accept anything around 98.

I doubt any club will pay it though.
Yeah, we are gonna get offers of £50-60M cash and some shitty player they want to get rid of making on-the-paper value in £90M range, which is more or less what his market value is when he is in form, anyway. But Ed thinks he's a £150M value, which is plain stupid.

We will firesell him or let him go for free in the end

dev1l

We paid 80mill? for Maguire? Pogba should go for 160-ish.
If someone offered 160 he d be gone long ago.
There were reports that last summer PSG were going to offer 120-130 and offer would have been accepted.
After Raiola s latest exploits I think we ll be lucky to get 90 million. The only chance to exceed that would be if a player swap is included but these rarely happen.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
If someone offered 160 he d be gone long ago.
There were reports that last summer PSG were going to offer 120-130 and offer would have been accepted.
After Raiola s latest exploits I think we ll be lucky to get 90 million. The only chance to exceed that would be if a player swap is included but these rarely happen.
I'm sure you're right. But 90mill seems low even now.

redshaw

Not much point selling on the Ferrari seats and then buying Lamborghini ones is there? Non of them fit in the Ford Fiesta properly so we'll get the Recaros that fit straight in.

dev1l

I'm sure you're right. But 90mill seems low even now.
True but now situation is getting out of hand and the club may be ready to reduce the price and part ways, especially if Raiola continues with his constant bad mouthing of the club.

UpWithRivers

The only reason he is here is because no one will buy him for over 100 mill. Probably 80/90 or 50 plus a player as everyone says and with that we will get Grealish or Longstaff or beat Man City to a player that ends up sht

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
The club will activate that year, if only to increase his market value. Even if he has a great Euro, given all the noise made about him potentially leaving and there seemingly not being many takers, I can't see us getting more than 120m at this point.

As things stand at present moment however, it's difficult to even imagine getting a penny more than what we paid for, which is ridiculous given his talent and marketability.

fergiesarmy1

True but now situation is getting out of hand and the club may be ready to reduce the price and part ways, especially if Raiola continues with his constant bad mouthing of the club.
Apparently there was a board meeting today with Ole about the transfer window there is no way on earth selling him didn’t come up from someone.

dev1l

So what? We bought Keane from Nott Forest, Cristiano from Sporting, schmeichel from an unknown club in Denmark, Rooney from Everton, Vidic from Spartak, ...we can go on.
We always excelled at making stars not buying them

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
So what? We bought Keane from Nott Forest, Cristiano from Sporting, schmeichel from an unknown club in Denmark, Rooney from Everton, Vidic from Spartak, ...we can go on.
We always excelled at making stars not buying them
You're living in the past. It's very possible that the tradition resumes in the near-future, especially with Greenwood and McT, but it's not really something I would rely on at the moment, especially with the coaching, or lack thereof, the team seems to be getting.

Letting Pogba go would be just another step in the downward spiral this club has been in for over half a decade now. The club just isn't attractive anymore for the best players, we're talking about United, a club that players would kill to play for in the past. You think Haaland goes to Dortmund over United 10 years ago? No way. It's only going to get harder to get top players, so if fans are okay with that then let go of Pogba and become a midtable club that's relying on development to get back to the top, but there's so much more to do than just selling Pogba and getting a few pieces back to make that transition. You need actual good coaching.

Thiagoal

You're living in the past. It's very possible that the tradition resumes in the near-future, especially with Greenwood and McT, but it's not really something I would rely on at the moment, especially with the coaching, or lack thereof, the team seems to be getting.

Letting Pogba go would be just another step in the downward spiral this club has been in for over half a decade now. The club just isn't attractive anymore for the best players, we're talking about United, a club that players would kill to play for in the past. You think Haaland goes to Dortmund over United 10 years ago? No way. It's only going to get harder to get top players, so if fans are okay with that then let go of Pogba and become a midtable club that's relying on development to get back to the top, but there's so much more to do than just selling Pogba and getting a few pieces back to make that transition. You need actual good coaching.
How did Liverpool get to the top exactly? Mane/ Van Dijk- Southampton, Salah-Roma, Firminho (some second rate German club). We will get back to the top by making astute signings and having players that would sweat blood for us! Pogba is not that guy... let him go; as someone mentioned before- United make stars we don’t buy them!

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
£0. Let him rot in the reserves til his contract is up and move on without him. We can afford it.
Quite honestly, that would be my 2nd preferred option, if we can't get a proper fee.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Don’t FIFA get involved if we stopped him doing his trade or some such nonsense?
No idea. Didn't PSG effectively freeze out Rabiot? And that was without him being a c*nt or having a c*nt speak for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.