What would be an acceptable offer for Pogba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jibbs

How about we include Benzema and Hazard in the deal as well? :-)

Jokes aside, I think we dodged a bullet with Pogba. Apparently RM had offered around 150 m euros for Pogba, but United wanted more. Thank god.

I have nothing against Pogba as a player, but he has not been classy with United. His agent is only interested in getting as much out of United as possible in terms of money.

It's a clear tactic and it's working from their side. Last summer all United fans wanted at least 180-200 million for Pogba. Look at this thread now. People are ready to get rid of him for peanuts. Raiola has done this with other players as well like Ibrahimovic. Barcelona bought him for a lot of money, but when things went wrong Raiola got him out pretty cheaply to Milan. Same tactics are being applied here to take Pogba's value down, so Pogba og Raiola make maximum profit and United minimum.

Compare this with Hazard. Guy wanted out of Chelsea, but he made sure Chelsea got good value for him.
Great post.

fergiesarmy1

Jokes aside, I think we dodged a bullet with Pogba. Apparently RM had offered around 150 m euros for Pogba, but United wanted more. Thank god.

I have nothing against Pogba as a player, but he has not been classy with United. His agent is only interested in getting as much out of United as possible in terms of money.

It's a clear tactic and it's working from their side. Last summer all United fans wanted at least 180-200 million for Pogba. Look at this thread now. People are ready to get rid of him for peanuts. Raiola has done this with other players as well like Ibrahimovic. Barcelona bought him for a lot of money, but when things went wrong Raiola got him out pretty cheaply to Milan. Same tactics are being applied here to take Pogba's value down, so Pogba og Raiola make maximum profit and United minimum.

Compare this with Hazard. Guy wanted out of Chelsea, but he made sure Chelsea got good value for him.
Please take eventually though, zidane needs to be kept happy.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The previous rumours regarding possible action from Juve and Real have all been about derisory bids. The latest bit, about Inter's interest and United wanting Lautaro Martinez + cash sounds quite appealing. Granted, it is the tabloids.

SirMattlives

A packet of Jelly Tots and 2 sherbets.
Close. I'd say a kick in the arse and an apology. He should be grateful to play for our club. If not, good riddance.

We'd be having none of this nonsense about him (other than wondering where the F he was most of the time he's been back) if he'd just put a lid on the chatter by saying he's committed. He won't, his agent certainly doesn't, so no wonder we have this crap following him around. Put up or shut up. Preferably both, or go.

DeepSpace

Supports
ATL
Close. I'd say a kick in the arse and an apology. He should be grateful to play for our club. If not, good riddance.

We'd be having none of this nonsense about him (other than wondering where the F he was most of the time he's been back) if he'd just put a lid on the chatter by saying he's committed. He won't, his agent certainly doesn't, so no wonder we have this crap following him around. Put up or shut up. Preferably both, or go.
First, how do you know that he isn't grateful to play for the club?!
He's got no control over the speculation in the media. Let's be honest, the only reason there's endless speculation about him is because he's a world class player in an underperforming team. As such, papers will always speculate.
You seem angry at him, which I find peculiar to be honest.

SaintMuppet

He's got no control over the speculation in the media. Let's be honest, the only reason there's endless speculation about him is because he's a world class player in an underperforming team. As such, papers will always speculate.
He is not in an underperforming team! United are performing at their level, no higher no lower.

Denis' cuff

Glazers are great and the moon landing was a hoax.

He And his shitbag of an agent create speculation in the media.

yali

Instead of a money offer (because who's to say it will get invested back into the squad) how about we try and get some quality players, aka a trade? If Real want Pogba and DDG I'm sure we can find some quality players we can swap for.

Craig Ward

Anything around what we paid should be the aim. We cant seriously expect anywhere near 150mil. He's simply not worth it

To be honest, he hasn't been an over whelming success and his value must have gone down. He's proven to be inconsistent, unreliable and problematic.

we'd be lucky to get near 100 mil for him.

Regarding player+cash, you have to be very careful. We dont want any more players who dont want to be here, taking surplus players from other clubs rarely works in these kind of deals.

As a selling club, we should aim to get the best deal we can but realistically anything above 80 mil and we need to consider it. He cant stay in the dressing room causing a stink until his contract runs down and he isn't worth the hassle of persevering with trying to convince him he's got a future here.

The signing hasn't worked. Good riddance

SparkedIntoLife

It's probably been said before in this thread but one major saving grace for us in terms of sale value is Pogba's marketability. I was speaking to some American friends last week who aren't engaged with football and they know of Pogba. He's considered attractive, has a strong brand, won the World Cup and will hold appeal as a Muslim footballer.

He wants to leave, he hasn't got long on his contract, his performances have been hit and miss and he's having an injury plagued season. Regardless, I think we should be demanding a fee of at least £100m and not be getting bullied by the likes of Madrid and Raiola.

That being said, it'd be immensely galling if we lost him on a free yet again. I do think some sort of part exchange is in everyone's best intetests, but involving the likes of Valverde/Casemiro/Odegaard not Kroos/Bale/James (Madrid), Diallo/Kimpembe not Draxler/Kurzawa (PSG) and Bentancur/Demiral/Bernardeschi not Khedira/Pjaca/Higuain (Juve) .

Last edited:

mark_a

I'm desperate to see the back of him. The only thing I'm more desperate about is that United recruit well to replace him. He clearly wants to play in a team of galacticos and is holding us back, he's either out injured or "injured" or just not making the kind of impact we need from our most expensive player. I reckon you could throw him into City or Liverpool's teams and he'd manage to look hot and cold. That is literally the last thing we need.

I think the club needs to be wary of part-ex deals though, as the last thing we need is players that aren't what we need and we end up struggling to get rid of.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
That being said, it'd be immensely galling if we lost him on a free yet again.
Well, that ain't happening unless he wants to stick around for the time being. There's no way he'll be sulking about for the remainder of his current contract.

I agree with what you say about marketability. That's a genuine factor. Pogba is the third most marketable player in the world, apparently. That should be - and indeed is, objectively speaking - worth something. Nobody can expect to just move in and snatch him up at a relative pittance. This is all the more true because of at least one (significant) factor that has nothing to do with marketability: his relationship with United, as represented by the current manager, is by all accounts pretty good. Vast difference from the relationship between Pogba and Jose.

Anyway, just as a side note: the currently most valuable central midfielders (designated as such) in the world by Transfermarkt are Kanté and Pogba, both valued at €100.00m. If you go by all categories of "midfielders", the pair of them are second behind De Bruyne *.

* De Bruyne's primary position is classed as "attacking midfielder" whereas Pogba's is "central midfielder", which is debatable in itself - but there you go.

Last edited:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
90 million, but he comes with JLingz
It would be quite funny to tell Madrid it’s the price we paid plus you have to take Jones, Mata and Rojo on a free with no contract subsidisation. Would speed up the “rebuild”.

DeepSpace

Supports
ATL
Glazers are great and the moon landing was a hoax.

He And his shitbag of an agent create speculation in the media.
There's no smoke without a fire... to a certain extent. If he and his agent were agitating for a move, then the speculation would be concrete. Ole has come out and said that Pogba isn't leaving in January. Do you think he's strong-arming Pogba into staying? And that Pogba and his agent are stirring up speculation to somehow squirm out of th club? What's your logic here? Surely, you've got to admit that journalists are natural shite stirrers? Our current on-field situation just provides the perfect situation to exploit with juicy made-up titbits. The sad thing about this is that Pogba gets to suffer because he's our best player. If we had more worldclass players, they'd also be in the speculation. For De Gea, there's just no logical destination, so any speculation wouldn't make sense. AWB and Maguire we've just signed, so no speculation about them.

SparkedIntoLife

Well, that ain't happening unless he wants to stick around for the time being. There's no way he'll be sulking about for the remainder of his current contract.
Yeah, I hope not. The worrying thing for me, though, is whether PSG/Real/Juve decide that Pogba's a player they would love but don't urgently need. Within each squad, I'd say he'd fill a void in the PSG squad but they are treading carefully FFP wise, I hear. It might make sense for them to do all they can to secure him in 2021 on a free. I hope that isn't what Raiola is secretly angling for, due to the huge sign on fee and wages PP would inevitably get.

PyroMan

£80-90m. I think we'll just about recoup the fee paid to Juventus for him.

Although seeing the crazy amount Madrid spent on Hazard in the summer, combined with Zidane influence, I can see their desperation spending close to £120m for him.

enurs

We are not getting £120m in cash for him. But I would trade him for Odegaard.
Odegaard is young, already one of LL best players and would fit perfect as a nr 10.
Problem is Real would never let him go, his set to take over Modic from next season.

We could trade Pogba for Kroos and Bale + some cash perhaps. Then we might get top 4 or win EL.
I bet Kroos can deliver 2-3 more years and Bale perhaps the same so it might be worth it.

We need players who can play and not cash. Even if we sell Pogba for £200m, then what?

cyril C

I seriously doubt RM had made any cash offer, lest up to 150m euro. RM has been trying to swap Bale or JR all the time, they were keener to get rid of deadwood than bringing in new player. Kroos would be a good choice to swap IMO, at least someone we can use.

Sp00ks11

So many swap deals being mentioned here, doubt any of those players being mentioned in swap deals would be the least bit interested in leaving Madrid for United. :lol:

Amazing how many muppet dreamers we still have on this forum. Times have well and truly changed. Getting players from Leicester, Palace and Swansea is one thing, getting players out of elite clubs, not happening. Get used to it.

Bestietom

So many swap deals being mentioned here, doubt any of those players being mentioned in swap deals would be the least bit interested in leaving Madrid for United. :lol:

Amazing how many muppet dreamers we still have on this forum. Times have well and truly changed. Getting players from Leicester, Palace and Swansea is one thing, getting players out of elite clubs, not happening. Get used to it.
Depends on how bad they want Pogba.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth

That can be said for all top clubs. Real Madrid like us find it hard to offload their players. Yet, players like James have played for Bayern on loan. He'd probably prefer a club like United in front of any club that means he'd have to lower his wages to go there. Same goes for all players. With big transfers even Real Madrid find it hard to take players from clubs, like Pogba from us and he wants to go there.

I'd say get Odegaard or don't bother. No point getting a player just to get him. Maybe Casemiro would be a good fit, certainly plays in a position we desperately need to improve but not sure how he has done lately.

Sp00ks11

Depends on how bad they want Pogba.
That can be said for all top clubs. Real Madrid like us find it hard to offload their players. Yet, players like James have played for Bayern on loan. He'd probably prefer a club like United in front of any club that means he'd have to lower his wages to go there. Same goes for all players. With big transfers even Real Madrid find it hard to take players from clubs, like Pogba from us and he wants to go there.

I'd say get Odegaard or don't bother. No point getting a player just to get him. Maybe Casemiro would be a good fit, certainly plays in a position we desperately need to improve but not sure how he has done lately.
You are both missing the point. It’s like the Lukaku Dybala swap, both clubs agreed, Lukaku agreed, but Dybala rejected the chance to join United. I don’t believe ANY of the names listed here as potential swap deals would be at all interested in joining United. So while the clubs and Pogba may agree, the players coming to us won’t!

Sad times, but reality.

Bestietom

You are both missing the point. It’s like the Lukaku Dybala swap, both clubs agreed, Lukaku agreed, but Dybala rejected the chance to join United. I don’t believe ANY of the names listed here as potential swap deals would be at all interested in joining United. So while the clubs and Pogba may agree, the players coming to us won’t!

Sad times, but reality.
Think it was more the demands made by Dybala and his agent that put a halt to the deal.

SaintMuppet

How much do you charge for a player that doesn’t play for you anymore? Tbh I forget he exists most of the time. I think he’s dragging it out as long as he can

Status
Not open for further replies.