What would be an acceptable offer for Pogba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
If we let Pogba in the summer it has to be a very Good, cash only fee. I hope Ed dont mess this up and Take any of PSG, Juve or Real players in part of any deal.

Would be a huge mistake to let our only WC player go and get some Juve cast offs like Rabiot or Ramsey or even Dybala in Return. We done that before (Di Maria etc) and its just screams flopp in all of them. We need young and hungry players that give all for the badge.

Personally, I think we offer Pogba a new mega deal in summer before the Euros and who knows - if we get CL and a few signings maybe he stays.

If not - tell that fat cnut Raiola to get 120 mill from whoever wants him.

Then go for Grealish, Sancho and Soumare in summer.

cyril C

If we let Pogba in the summer it has to be a very Good, cash only fee. I hope Ed dont mess this up and Take any of PSG, Juve or Real players in part of any deal.

Would be a huge mistake to let our only WC player go and get some Juve cast offs like Rabiot or Ramsey or even Dybala in Return. We done that before (Di Maria etc) and its just screams flopp in all of them. We need young and hungry players that give all for the badge.

Personally, I think we offer Pogba a new mega deal in summer before the Euros and who knows - if we get CL and a few signings maybe he stays.

First of all, mega deal meant 600K a week. Secondly, even if you offer something that ridiculous, doesn't mean he will sign because he is constantly looking for something greener. Thirdly, even if Pogba settles down, his agent won't. Fourthly, when was the last time that he offers consistent performance for over 6 weeks?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

I’d love Dybala!

No way are we getting €120m for Pogba! He’s injury prone and inconsistent. We will be lucky to get €100m.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
First of all, mega deal meant 600K a week. Secondly, even if you offer something that ridiculous, doesn't mean he will sign because he is constantly looking for something greener. Thirdly, even if Pogba settles down, his agent won't. Fourthly, when was the last time that he offers consistent performance for over 6 weeks?
Where do you get 600k/week from? He’s currently on 290k/week and Raiola Will have a hard time to even get that figure at another club.
Around 375-400k (like De gea) is more realistically and i dont see why he not should be worth it for another couple of years?

Sign a new 4 year deal and cash in when Pogba and the team performing better Will get a higher price from him than to sell this season, when he’s rarely played at all. Makes no sense att all to sell for 80 mill this year. 120 or Nothing it is.

And this is not just about the money. We have to make a stance against Raiola and not just let him play Around. Pogba is under contract and should respect this.

Lastly,
Joao Felix to Athletico 126 Mill
Coutinho to Barca 145 Mill
Dembele to Barca 105 mill + 40 mill add ons
Maguire to United 80 mill

So tell me, why should we bend over for less than 120 mill when we Hold all the cards? Dont say its different situation because he didnt play this season. He’s still a world cup Winner and could possibly be Euro winner in the summer. Plus arguably better then all of those above I mentioned.

Last edited:

Lee565

I’d love Dybala!

No way are we getting €120m for Pogba! He’s injury prone and inconsistent. We will be lucky to get €100m.
It's this really, after all the drama around him and buying clubs knowing how much he wants out we will do well to get 100 million for a player that has only really had one stand out period whilst st United, fans thinking we will get 140-160 are deluded.

Wish we sold him last summer even for 80 million, he's been missing all this season, caused loads of drama and still taking money away from the club for his undeserved wages and it's obvious he will leave this summer anyway so it will have turned out completely pointless keeping this season.

cyril C

Where do you get 600k/week from? He’s currently on 290k/week and Raiola Will have a hard time to even get that figure at another club.
Around 375-400k (like De gea) is more realistically and i dont see why he not should be worth it for another couple of years?

Sign a new 4 year deal and cash in when Pogba and the team performing better Will get a higher price from him than to sell this season, when he’s rarely played at all. Makes no sense att all to sell for 80 mill this year. 120 or Nothing it is.

And this is not just about the money. We have to make a stance against Raiola and not just let him play Around. Pogba is under contract and should respect this.

Lastly,
Joao Felix to Athletico 126 Mill
Coutinho to Barca 145 Mill
Dembele to Barca 105 mill + 40 mill add ons
Maguire to United 80 mill

So tell me, why should we bend over for less than 120 mill when we Hold all the cards? Dont say its different situation because he didnt play this season. He’s still a world cup Winner and could possibly be Euro winner in the summer. Plus arguably better then all of those above I mentioned.
If you think he is asking for anything less than 600K, think again. Beside, player's contractual value diminish every year, what if there is no offer for Pogba this summer? You sounds like he is in great demand but evidence from last summer that he is not. Both RM and Juventus only interested in swapping him for their deadwood, which we rightly refused. The only stance that we can make to Raiola and Pogba, is that we are prepared to rot him on the bench

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
But do we hold all the cards? I remember at the start of the season posting that I thought he would be on the sidelines this season. Injured etc.
what if its the same story next year, Pogba in Dubai rather than Manchester.
The club know this. Ole said he was out for 3/4 weeks months ago. Its obvious he is on strike and will only come back as prep for Euros, if at all.
Pogba/Raiola have put the club in a nightmare position and Ed knows he has to sell even for < 100m.
My least fav United player ever. Dislike him more than Di Maria and Sanchez combined

Hughie77

Get back what was paid, would be enough, he has to go, take the circus with him, just hope if Juve want him back we don't take Ramsey on his silly wage, id go and get Grealish with most of the money.

Aarron Swift

No Less than £100m, unless a club offers cash + a Midfield player with quality that we'd genuinely want. This would remove the frustration of when having to find a Pogba replacement, clubs feeling we:

A. Have the £100m+ from Pogba Sale
B. Desperate to sign a Midfielder

So boost their asking price and we have no choice but getting ripped off.

I'd personally take £60m + Aaron Ramsey but fully understand Ramsey coming in for Pogba would split fans

starman

I was once hoping for Coutinho type money and more but if Partey has a release cause of 43m and whatever more we need to spend to get Grealish, add those totals up will be acceptable

James Peril

No Less than £100m, unless a club offers cash + a Midfield player with quality that we'd genuinely want. This would remove the frustration of when having to find a Pogba replacement, clubs feeling we:

A. Have the £100m+ from Pogba Sale
B. Desperate to sign a Midfielder

So boost their asking price and we have no choice but getting ripped off.

I'd personally take £60m + Aaron Ramsey but fully understand Ramsey coming in for Pogba would split fans
I know it’s not the best argument seeing Pogba always injured these days, but why on earth would we sign Ramsey? Clearly made of glass and physically not suited for the PL.... and to be honest, not that fecking good. All that time spent reaching his peak after coming back from little injuries, never to be relied on when it really matters over 50-60 games.

In this day and age, staying clear of injuries is a huge part of the whole package.

momo83

Massive Snowflake

Dybala is class. But problem would probably be playing him in the position that gets the best out of him.

Lynty

We negotiated the Lukaku transfer well. It was made clear he wasn't wanted before the window opened, but we still got full value.

With Pogba, looks like Madrid are gearing up to take the piss with a £60m bid. Juve will likely be shrewd and follow suit.

We have an option for a year extension. There's no rush at all. I'd be happy for the club to play hardball and keep him for another season if we don't have any sensible offers. I suspect that would have a knock on effect to our spending the following season as we'd likely over spend this summer.

Noc-Z

ffs
What we paid for him back, if any club is crazy enough.

EDIT: Actually, I'd accept less as he's done nothing at this club to increase his value and I'd even take a hit to see him gone.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Dybala is class. But problem would probably be playing him in the position that gets the best out of him.
Yes he’s class in Serie A, but it just feels like Deja vu all Over again (di Maria). We’ve been here many times before with players that are class but dont really want to come here. We have already tried get him last summer and he rejected.

Better to go for players that actually want to come here even if it means a pay cut or whatever. Dybala just dont seems up for the challenge or like the United project.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Castles and McGarry talking about 60m now with add-ons. That's fecking ridiculous.

If we are talking pittance, we'd be better off keeping him for the next couple of years. He might get motivated again and maybe buy into the "project".

Lynty

Castles and McGarry talking about 60m now with add-ons. That's fecking ridiculous.

If we are talking pittance, we'd be better off keeping him for the next couple of years. He might get motivated again and maybe buy into the "project".
About what I expected.

They know we have to sell to buy quality players. They know Pogba is already being difficult for us. Perez started low balling months ago.

Just keep him, they can have him for £40m next year.

JohnnyKills

But do we hold all the cards? I remember at the start of the season posting that I thought he would be on the sidelines this season. Injured etc.
what if its the same story next year, Pogba in Dubai rather than Manchester.
The club know this. Ole said he was out for 3/4 weeks months ago. Its obvious he is on strike and will only come back as prep for Euros, if at all.
Pogba/Raiola have put the club in a nightmare position and Ed knows he has to sell even for < 100m.
My least fav United player ever. Dislike him more than Di Maria and Sanchez combined
Or that the club are so desperate to sell that they've told him not to play to ensure he doesn't get injured. There may even be a transfer agreed with RM already.

clarkydaz

yes if we pay him and his agent 600k a week they might respect us more

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Or that the club are so desperate to sell that they've told him not to play to ensure he doesn't get injured. There may even be a transfer agreed with RM already.
Yeah I think the club have decided to play along. Its not just the possibility of an injury but also if United kick up a fuss about Pogba it would only drive his price down further which will be top of mind for Ed.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think we will be doing well to get back what we forked out for. Around the 80 million mark.

He clearly does not want to be here which lowers his price. Plus he never really lived up to his price tag.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
About what I expected.

They know we have to sell to buy quality players. They know Pogba is already being difficult for us. Perez started low balling months ago.

Just keep him, they can have him for £40m next year.
If this is really the fee, I think keep him till the end of his deal.

yes if we pay him and his agent 600k a week they might respect us more
Things can change. I'm certainly not suggesting he should be given a bumper new deal.

sp_107

I’d love Dybala!

I like Dybala but he is not keen on coming to UTD otherwise he would be a UTD player by now as we were very keen on him in last summer.

It may turn out to be another DiMaria Situation for us?

I really hope Pogba will have a blinder in Euro's and PSG will be head and heels over him with 150m bid competing with Real Madrid.
I can dream of, right?

Amerifan

His reputation has taken a hit this season. Either he was very seriously injured, which is always a concern, or he’s been goldbricking, which is also a big concern. Either way buying him for big money won’t please the fans. Trade him.

jamesjimmybyrondean

There wouldn't be an acceptable offer. Those mentioning 120 - 150 are not going to see anything like that. The only two clubs that want him are Juve and Real Madrid. Both of these teams have enough center midfielders and with the current virus and it's effect on club revenue, who the feck will want to spend 100m + on a player that hasn't even played much all season.

My guess is that the virus situation has made it impossible for those two clubs to buy him at the 100m price we want especially when they are not short of CMs. I think he will stay and on our side we will capitalise on the deflated transfer market and finally surround him with good players - Rashford, Bruno, Martial, Sancho, Kane (?).

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I want to retire this thread and hope Raiola never brings it out of retirement. The reason I've hated so much on him is I love him and I've been waiting on him to be part of the team and want to be here. With the right mentality there is no acceptable offer for him.

Walters_19_MuFc

I want to retire this thread and hope Raiola never brings it out of retirement. The reason I've hated so much on him is I love him and I've been waiting on him to be part of the team and want to be here. With the right mentality there is no acceptable offer for him.
Why bump it then? :houllier:

Status
Not open for further replies.