What would be an acceptable offer for Pogba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I'd take what we'd paid for him. I don't see how his performances here since he arrived would add anymore value to his price. But we regularly get hosed on transfer fees so in that regard simply owing to his marketability factor, I'd take 110 million and I don't think that is asking too much from Real.
In that time the world record for a transfer has gone from 89m to 200m.

Pogba is worth at least 130m.

Big Andy

Bloke

In a world where Dominic Solanke and Danny ings are worth £20m, then Pogba must surely be worth about £150m. He's got a few years on his contract, we don't want to sell him, his commercial draw is huge. If we are selling him, we'd better get a fecking huge fee.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Based on performances he has hardly increased his value from when we bought him. The only reason for any fee higher than 120m would be commercial based reasons and/or knock on from Neymar and Mbappe fees.
The market has changed. 90 million then is not 90 million now. And he has only won the WC since.

poleglass red

I'd take 130 of course I would. My only concern is you're only worth what the market will pay. His form in 3 seasons for us hasn't been consistently good at all. Right now a big part of his value is his commercial side. How much that adds I don't know, but there is probably only 2 clubs who can realistically buy him, Real or PSG. I know Juve have been linked, but I don't see it, I also don't see him going to PSG, so to me that only leaves Real. I think they'll push around 110-120 mark, knowing they are the only club he would want to go to. His value was 89 when we bought him, market has increased, but in hindsight we overpaid for him at the time.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We can probably sell Pogba and bring in Bruno Neves and Alderwierald with a 0 net spend.

sp_107

We can probably sell Pogba and bring in Bruno Neves and Alderwierald with a 0 net spend.
Exactly! Hope management are as sensible as you are

And you sell Lukaku and few others then we can get 2 more quality players too with that money means We will have most of the summer budget available for other additions

cyril C

If you don't want to sell him then 200m, but if you DO want to get rid of him then 100m. I suppose somewhere in between towards the 100m side. I would say Varane + 50m or 120-130m cash.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'd accept £150m for him. He's an absolute monster on his day, but his day seems to be when he can be arsed, which is about a third of the time. He's not somebody you can build a team around, more of a luxury player. I have no doubt he would look incredible in an already class team like Barca or City for example, but for us he's the right player at the wrong time. He would have fit perfectly in our last CL winning team.

Zlatattack

It'd have to match the £200 million for Neymar.

Think about it, he's a WC winning attacking midfielder in his prime years, with 2 (probably 3 as we always have that funny +1 option) years on his contract. He's a match winner, he's done it at the very highest level and has proven himself in 2 top European Leagues.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Think about it, he's a WC winning attacking midfielder in his prime years, with 2 (probably 3 as we always have that funny +1 option) years on his contract. He's a match winner, he's done it at the very highest level and has proven himself in 2 top European Leagues.
The problem with Neymar is that it's not a market fee, he bought his contract out. It can't really be used as a benchmark the same way you don't use free transfers as a benchmark.

Zlatattack

The problem with Neymar is that it's not a market fee, he bought his contract out. It can't really be used as a benchmark the same way you don't use free transfers as a benchmark.
How does that work? Did PSG pay Barcelona his remaining wages or something?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
How does that work? Did PSG pay Barcelona his remaining wages or something?
No, in Spain players have buy out clauses they can buy they contracts to the LFP, who then send the money to the club, and become free agents. In this particular case Barcelona weren't sellers, it's something between the player and his club, though Neymar himself got the money from PSG who paid it on his behalf.

sp_107

If I am Ed, I would get on Riola side by offering more percentage to him on Pogba deal so we can get around 130mil and rest Riola can have it but in return he should do a favour by bringing in Mathias De Legit to UTD.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool

His profile is nowhere near neymars. And the market hasn't changed much since that fee.

Zlatattack

His profile is nowhere near neymars. And the market hasn't changed much since that fee.
It's not far off, he's always on social media and he does the TV ads for that shopping app.

I don't think we'd get £200m, but we should try to get every single penny possible. Do a Spurs.

cr4cki3

Paul has his best years ahead of him and I agree he isn't consistent at all but on his day he is an absolute beast and with his advertisement power you've got to be looking at 160-170m.

Might be an unpopular opinion but I hope he stays and we get his best years in a United shirt.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I'd say around £120-140 Million plus add-on's like if he wins a champions league, if he is sold again then a % sell on of say 25% to mitigate the other costs.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
It's not far off, he's always on social media and he does the TV ads for that shopping app.

I don't think we'd get £200m, but we should try to get every single penny possible. Do a Spurs.
Neymar is a much better player and a much bigger name. It really is a good way off.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Actually, I think we should demand they take Sanchez as part of the deal.

Von Mistelroum

I suspect we'll see no more than £90-100m. I think the prices PSG set last year will be forgotten a bit this year and he's wanting out so I think we'll settle.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's surely got to go for nothing less than Coutinho money?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's about time we rinsed Madrid. 150mil pounds and he's yours.
Built up with the first sentence... second sentence was like Dr Evil’s “One MILLION pounds”.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Built up with the first sentence... second sentence was like Dr Evil’s “One MILLION pounds”.
Haha. Agree. 150m seems to me to be his market value. No rinsing. I'd love 150m and Sanchez tagging along without subsidised wages.

predator

Youth NITK
I wish we had someone like Levy for this.
He would’ve absolutely rinsed them for Pogba, surely after how cheaply they got Beckham and Ronaldo.
I'm hoping the club have learned from previous sales of our big names. Under Fergie and Gill i think we seemed to let go of our star players quite easily, maybe due to saf completely not allowing the saga to disrupt the team. Now under Woodward and co I feel we are more likely to withhold offers for unhappy players.

I'm not a fan of Woodward at all but I have a feeling he is quite a ruthless little twat when it comes to negotiating. Having said that, are Madrid that desperate for Pogba right now?

AJ10

We should be rinsing them if they really want him but I wouldn't be surprised to see us sell him for around 100 mil.

Rolaholic

I'm hoping the club have learned from previous sales of our big names. Under Fergie and Gill i think we seemed to let go of our star players quite easily, maybe due to saf completely not allowing the saga to disrupt the team. Now under Woodward and co I feel we are more likely to withhold offers for unhappy players.

I'm not a fan of Woodward at all but I have a feeling he is quite a ruthless little twat when it comes to negotiating. Having said that, are Madrid that desperate for Pogba right now?
Supposedly Zidane is but Perez doesn't seem too eager to break the bank for his wages + Pizzaboys fat agents cut.

At the moment I can't really see them sending Woodward an offer he can't refuse this summer (150m+)

predator

Youth NITK
Supposedly Zidane is but Perez doesn't seem too eager to break the bank for his wages + Pizzaboys fat agents cut.

At the moment I can't really see them sending Woodward an offer he can't refuse this summer (150m+)
Am I right in saying we have Pogba under contract until June 2021 with an option of a 1 year extension? So, essentially we can not lose him for nothing other what we deem acceptable for 3 years?
It would seem that the ball is in our court. We can accept nothing less than 150 for arguments sake or demand such and such Madrid player/s aswell and that's it. Negotiations over?

As long as we stand our ground against Madrid and Raiola then I'm happy. I genuinely don't see Pogba going for much more than 100million because A) Like you say, Perez doesn't seem as determined to get him as he was with Ronaldo and B) he (Pogba) hasn't exactly sold himself as a must have for elite clubs.

edgar allan

He hasn't really proven himself in the PL. He is not at that top Neymar level and I think having being burnt with the Coutinho overspend they will be offering 100-110 max.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He's off. United seem to have briefed the press that we'll take 150m.

Real Madrid: I'd take Casemiro +100m.
Juve: I'd take Dybala +100m.
PSG: I'd take Marquinhos +100m.

But none of those players are likely to want to join us, are they? 150m would do nicely.

Agree with Graham Hunter that fielding Pogba and Hazard together would prove tricky for Madrid. Hopefully that's how it pans out. Buy Hazard for 100-150m with a year left on his deal, buy Pogba for 150m and they cancel each other out.

Gurtej

150m is a good return when the player wants to leave.... don’t compare with Hazard, he is arguably the 3rd best player in the world and Pogba hasn’t really proved himself to be a world beater....agree he is commercially important....

Take the money from him and Lukaku and rebuild....

Status
Not open for further replies.