What would be an acceptable offer for Pogba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
We are not a selling club and I don't think money cuts it. We would require two quality players in exchange. That would be acceptable. Money is worthless to us the way we use it and the way clubs act towards us.

Bestietom

We are not a selling club and I don't think money cuts it. We would require two quality players in exchange. That would be acceptable. Money is worthless to us the way we use it and the way clubs act towards us.
I agree with you. The way we conduct transfers, it would be better if we got players in exchange. But we need to be careful which players. I would prefer we go for young players, maybe under 21s.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Sooo have people come to the conclusion that we will not be keeping Pogba after this summer transfer window yet? Orrr do we still think he's too good to sell, that he loves the club, wants to stay and then we keep him for another year before getting underpaid for him and beyond that letting him go on a freebie... We should create a poll on this opinion of whether Pogba will be sold this summer or not

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
He will still fetch hefty transfer sum even it's 6 month to the end of contract. If Ole is serious on rebuilding, keep him and make him perform til then. Despite the form and injury woes, there's an excellent player there. If Ole can't do it, it calls for question if it's actually Pogba or Ole to get rid off. Parts and parcel of being manager at top club is dealing with top players who not seldom comes with big egos.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I agree with you. The way we conduct transfers, it would be better if we got players in exchange. But we need to be careful which players. I would prefer we go for young players, maybe under 21s.
Money is the key measureable KPI for the Glazers.

Eric's Seagull

The major concern I would have if he goes this summer is the money is not going to get fully invested back into the club or that whatever fee we get for him makes up our whole transfer budget. That is why I feel it may be better to try to get some players in part exchange or take a player plus cash option as long as the money we receive is getting fully invested in the squad.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Fabrizio Romano:

"Paul Pogba wants to leave Manchester United in the summer but his chances of securing a swift exit are likely to be hampered by the club setting an asking price of around €100m (£83m)."

What the feck is this spin? I saw similar in The Athletic not long ago and hearing pundits saying United probably hope to recoup what they paid!?

There is a huge discrepancy between what has been reported, with some outlets saying we're after 150m (pounds) and then these silly reports that could as well be acting on behalf of Juve or Real (not actually claiming that).

For all his faults and his open position of wanting to leave, he is still a hugely marketable player with tons of ability and two years (this summer) left on his contract that represent his peak years as a footballer. Surely it's inconceivable to suggest such meagre sums when much lesser players are going for 50-60m.

el3mel

Fabrizio Romano:

"Paul Pogba wants to leave Manchester United in the summer but his chances of securing a swift exit are likely to be hampered by the club setting an asking price of around €100m (£83m)."

What the feck is this spin? I saw similar in The Athletic not long ago and hearing pundits saying United probably hope to recoup what they paid!?

There is a huge discrepancy between what has been reported, with some outlets saying we're after 150m (pounds) and then these silly reports that could as well be acting on behalf of Juve or Real (not actually claiming that).

For all his faults and his open position of wanting to leave, he is still a hugely marketable player with tons of ability and two years (this summer) left on his contract that represent his peak years as a footballer. Surely it's inconceivable to suggest such meagre sums when much lesser players are going for 50-60m.
100m is like nothing in the current market unlike the previously asked 160m reported last summer. If our asking price is reduced to that it means we are loosing our grips on him and starting to feel no problem in letting him go.

SouthPredators4

Not a chance at 100mil. One positive aspect since Woodward took over, is our ability to generate very good revenue from players sales.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
100m is like nothing in the current market unlike the previously asked 160m reported last summer. If our asking price is reduced to that it means we are loosing our grips on him and starting to feel no problem in letting him go.
Whilst I believe we're terrible in the market, I don't believe this is put out there by United. It would be beyond madness. The 150m pounds figure is probably what the club has been briefing, and this is either made up crap by Romano or what Juve/Real are sending out as feelers. To actually struggle to find buyers for less than what we paid is beyond silly.

el3mel

Whilst I believe we're terrible in the market, I don't believe this is put out there by United. It would be beyond madness. The 150m pounds figure is probably what the club has been briefing, and this is either made up crap by Romano or what Juve/Real are sending out as feelers. To actually struggle to find buyers for less than what we paid is beyond silly.
Romano surely won't get his news from United. It's probably their sources in Italy and around Juve.

Next summer there's Euro so I guess we won't hear much about him leaving till after France is done with it.

AaronRedDevil

If United can't get a bottom line €120m or more then they are the biggest morons in football. He's a World class midfielder, world cup winner, leader/captain material, still young and important to United. But united be reluctant to sell but they'll probably have too anyway.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Not a chance at 100mil. One positive aspect since Woodward took over, is our ability to generate very good revenue from players sales.
I think that only happened with Lukaku and Schneiderlin - breaking even. I mean, we sold Evans for 4m or something. Zaha for about 3m (was reported at the time), Rafael for 2.5m (reported at the time), Nani 4.25m, Hernandez 7.3m.

That's what Woodward has done. He's been nothing short of atrocious in the market, buying, selling, dishing out contracts and making stupid statements. Just to keep historical accuracy here.

cyril C

Well, the contract run down every year, so 30% less each year is not unimaginable. It is all down to any clubs want him, which apparently not many. All they want is to trade him for players that they want to get rid of.... Imagine we go to BM asking for Lewandoski say we will give you Bailey, Rojo, Jones + 10m.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
It was like Inter and Lukaku, they were adamant they wouldn't go above £35m yet ended up paying more than double.

Snuffkin

I would take what we paid for him now. Pretty cynical ploy to get the move he wants. Madrid can get him cheap. No respect.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I would take what we paid for him now. Pretty cynical ploy to get the move he wants. Madrid can get him cheap. No respect.
I keep flipping back and forth on this one. Who holds the cards here?

United have a valuable asset that isnt contributing much of late. Selling him helps us fund the rebuild and gets his fat salary off the books. Getting our 90m back would be a satisfying end to this mess.

On the other hand I think there is a bit more steel to the way Woodward and Judge are going about things now. We have him under contract for 2 more of his peak years, so why should we bend over on this when replacing him means paying someone else full market value and more for their player. We wont get any favours from anyone else. We actually get Raiola working for us here. If he wants a move for his guy, he has to get out there and convince someone to pay us 130m otherwise we'll see him back in pre-season training thanks

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I still think the same. Not for sale at any price. We need more quality on top what we have. Pogba is one of the best midfielders so unless we can get two Pogba's in return he must stay.
He wants to go? Don't care. Stay here and play. Life is not fair? feck off, you are playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world for huge amount of money.

We did this mistake with Ronaldo. We should not do it again. If Pogba starts crying like Ronaldo did, we must just ignore that.

The Firestarter

I still think the same. Not for sale at any price. We need more quality on top what we have. Pogba is one of the best midfielders so unless we can get two Pogba's in return he must stay.
He wants to go? Don't care. Stay here and play. Life is not fair? feck off, you are playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world for huge amount of money.

We did this mistake with Ronaldo. We should not do it again. If Pogba starts crying like Ronaldo did, we must just ignore that.
Brilliant idea. Let him sit out his contract and get no money whatsoever.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

"United executive vice chairman Ed Woodward is desperate to sell Pogba before the tournament starts on June 12 - and will demand £100m for the disillusioned midfielder."

Seems annoyingly particular. Name checking Woody there. If there isn't a 150m brief sharpish, I might actually believe the club may sell him on the cheap.

predator

Youth NITK
Under current circumstances - his form, absence from the team, the non stop rumours about his desire to leave and how clueless our board seem when it comes to negotiations, I think we will get no more than £100million.
I do think a fit, determined and on form Pogba is easily worth over 150million though. His commercial value alone is massive.

croadyman

I would not be averse to the rumoured cash plus Rabiot & Ramsey deal but don't think there is any truth in that whatsoever, having said that after the Sanchez situation I fully expect this to be a straight cash deal and no players involved in it

Mr Smith

If United can't get a bottom line €120m or more then they are the biggest morons in football. He's a World class midfielder, world cup winner, leader/captain material, still young and important to United. But united be reluctant to sell but they'll probably have too anyway.
It's not as simple as that though. You can demand 120 mil all you want but if clubs are not prepared to pay it, then you won't sell, now matter how accurate you think that valuation is.

At the end of the day, a player's value is what another club is prepared to pay. I believe Juve and Real both want Pogba, but not at all costs.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I would not be averse to the rumoured cash plus Rabiot & Ramsey deal but don't think there is any truth in that whatsoever, having said that after the Sanchez situation I fully expect this to be a straight cash deal and no players involved in it
If that happens Juve are just playing FM in the real world. Sign two players on a free. Load them up with huge contracts. Ship them off for a star player and pay a little cash.

If we can't get a proper offer for him (much more than 100m) I'd rather we keep him for the two years remaining on his deal.

AaronRedDevil

It's not as simple as that though. You can demand 120 mil all you want but if clubs are not prepared to pay it, then you won't sell, now matter how accurate you think that valuation is.

At the end of the day, a player's value is what another club is prepared to pay. I believe Juve and Real both want Pogba, but not at all costs.
True. But I believe they would definitely pay 120 easily. I think they are just trying to belittle pogba to make him cheaper then the 150m valuation United have made. It's a pretty reasonable fee for one of the best midfielders today and in today's market. If it was reversed, they would be demanding 150-200m. Dembele cost 120 who achieved nothing at the time to justify his price.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Brilliant idea. Let him sit out his contract and get no money whatsoever.
You must make a stand. And why he should sit down his contract? People have too much sympathy for players these days.
"Ooh, he wants to play for Madrid. It was his wish since he was a kid. Poor guy, we must let him go."

Nobody is forcing player to sign contract. Huge huge contract tbf. So play fecking football, be a pro and shut up.
Do you think that Pogba will choose to sulk two years and not play? No, when transfer window closes he will play football and be a pro. Maybe he will not "live United and bleed red" but he will do his job.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Fabrizio Romano:

These "silly reports" happen to be from the best sources around. It's not really surprising though because I've always maintained no club will go out and break the bank for Pogba (i.e. spend much over 100m) because he's not THAT great a talent. Those sorts of sums are for the top top top talents, or for desperate clubs. Pogba is still a top talent but no suitor is desperate for him to that level, and 100m EUR sounds fair enough for a him given he's 26, hasn't hit consistent stride for a few years and just spent 3/4s of the last season on the injury table.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Like who? The only player we've sold for a lot of money is Lukaku but since we didn't sell him for a profit I wouldn't call that a success. 90% of players sold we take a massive hit on, so no. Its not a positive aspect from Ed.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
ESPN saying the club will demand 150m while some twat at the Mail says United might be "forced to accept 50m" because Real don't value him higher.

How can any feckwit write such crap? He says there's only a year left on his deal, but goes on to say "United can extend it by 12 months, but there is a feeling that they would do well to recoup the £89m he cost to sign from Juventus in 2016 — a world record at the time." Take a bow Chris Wheeler. Great journalism.

patty123

I think that only happened with Lukaku and Schneiderlin - breaking even. I mean, we sold Evans for 4m or something. Zaha for about 3m (was reported at the time), Rafael for 2.5m (reported at the time), Nani 4.25m, Hernandez 7.3m.

That's what Woodward has done. He's been nothing short of atrocious in the market, buying, selling, dishing out contracts and making stupid statements. Just to keep historical accuracy here.
Evans fee was never released so where you getting the figures and most wanted him gone ? Zaha was for 3 as you said but you (unknown or known ?) left out, rising to six which we have made, plus 25% of future sale, Rafael was also undisclosed at the time but most are reporting it as 8 million, also made a 2/3 million profit on Depay"Just to keep historical accuracy here"

Look ed balls needs to go back to what he was great for us at, making money through sponsorship, but lets not make it out to be more than it is. And as for "making stupid statements" what like fergie and the now to some of our fans, the (great, can do no wrong) david gill, bs about no value in the market, when talking about David Silva, Kun, Hazard etc, point is they all make stupid statements to the rags at some stage.

Like I have said he needs to go back to making money and get in a DOF as soon as possible.

Hammondo

We are not in a good position to get a high amount for Pogba, I think its going to be max 100m.

Sambob

We will get top dollar for him, we got our money back on Lukaku, and he didnt do himself any favours, had a pretty average season in terms of quality.

I reckon if he has a good Euros, which lets face it he will, then we can ask for a big big number, and there will be four or five big clubs in for him so I think we can name our price, and we will need to as well because of the players we are looking at bringing in.

Alfie092

Think we would do well to get circa £120m especially since the way it's currently playing out, Pogba wants gone for at least a year now, if not more. So potential suitors (Madrid and Juve by the sounds of it) would be aware of this and try and get a "cheap" of a deal as possible.

IMO, if you look at Coutinho going for around £140m and with prices inflated even further since that transfer, I would ideally want us to get around the same figure.

But then again it isn't my money but if the Pogba fee is going to be used towards additional signings then it does matter to me and us fans.

fps

The problem is, he’s really not enough of a difference maker to warrant the money United spent on him in the first place. Juventus carried on without missing a beat when he left, United haven’t been enhanced by him being in the team compared with another option of that kind of wage bracket.

What would he actually give Real or Juve apart from massive online hype which they couldn’t get elsewhere? Assists I suppose but you get a lot of limitations for those assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.