What would be the most entertaining world cup final?

Skills

Snitch
Spectacle? Storylines? Rivalry?

France Vs Brazil for entertainment - and a bit of rivalry too with a repeat of 98

Argentina Vs Portugal for the Messi Ronaldo storyline. Though personally I couldn't stand it.

the_cliff

France vs Brazil.

But Portugal vs Argentina would literally bring the world to a halt for 24 hours and break the internet. It's going to happen isn't it ? :nervous:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Brazil Argentina. No question whatsoever.

the_cliff

That would be the semi final match up, they're on the same side of the bracket.

And also, judging by the last Copa America final, I'm happy we won't see those 2 in the final together.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

And also, judging by the last Copa America final, I'm happy we won't see those 2 in the final together.
Oh you mean this year. Dunno

God no, we’ve seen them play each a million times. Often it’s shite also.

France or England v Argie or Brazil would be fun, even though England would likely be spanked by Brazil I could see them beating Argentina.
France v Brazil is probably the best two teams mind.

Argentina v Portugal would be vomit inducing stuff, either of those pair could have a stinker whilst a teammate plays a blinder & the actual hero would be nothing but a footnote.

mu4c_20le

England Argentina

Maguire has one of those games and completely shuts down messi

marktan

Brazil v Argentina v England in a hell in the cell
You know what, adding a third goal on the sidelines in the middle of the pitch, letting them play a third of the match in each goal would be something I'd want to watch.

If Brazil were winning and say attacking the Argentinian goal, would the French be forced to help defend? It'd be hilarious to watch them simultaneously defend, and then turn to attacking the very same goal.

Reduce each team to like 8 players and give it a crack..

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Portugal vs Brazil. Antony and Neymar flapping around Ronaldo like a fish whenever possible to waste time when they're in front.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Argentina Portugal with what it entails would be insane. Goat vs goat, the winner taking a big dump on the other's achievements with no chance to correct it.
But hopefully it's France v Brazil. After Neymar kicks Messi out, he gets his dream crushed by Mbappé: PSG implosion, out of the CL, club disbanded, Peace on Earth.

York

So, nobody's going with the whole Messi - Ronaldo shits?

Argentina - Portugal? The clash of the goats, etc?
Half of the responses are just that.

I'd personally love to see France v Brazil or England v Brazil. I predicted the latter, though don't see England getting past France.

AshRK

Why no one going for repeat of 2010 final Dutch vs spain. Boring us to death for 120 minutes.

Nevermind , for football pov I would like Arg/Brazil vs France/England

Argentina v Portugal or I mean Messi v Ronaldo deserves one match for sure in WC.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Portugal vs Argentina has the potential to start a war. The stakes would be so high. I'm sure that Messi and Ronaldo fans in various countries will kill each other.

Brazil and France have been the best teams so far and neither will play it safe in the final, so it would be an absolute blast to watch.

I also love underdog stories. Morocco vs a giant like Brazil would be amazing.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Obviously Argentina vs Portugal, the greatest player of all time going up against that guy who whines to Piers Morgan.

But you know Portugal would win as they have a way better team and a bunch of morons would claim that one game (where no doubt Ronaldo was crap) meant that ‘Cr7’s ThA GoAT!!1!’.

theNortherner

Argentina vs any team. They have it all. The fighting spirit and passion, headless tackles, questionable defensive capabilities, a great attack with Lionel Messi etc.

KeanoMagicHat

Argentina vs Portugal final but Santos drops Ronaldo for the final for being too much of a cnut (already signs of tension there). Messi scores a hat-trick in the final and secures the Golden Ball, but is beaten 4-3 by a perfect Portugal team display, who have been a new team since Ronaldo was dropped. Ronaldo, who left the stadium in a huff at not being picked, isn't even in Qatar to pick up the trophy. This would be funny.

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
I would love Brazil v France, as they are the best teams in international football.

I really don't care much for an Argentiva v Portugal, as I hate the duo's fanboys, It would be unbearable to watch for me.

I don't fancy Croatia but would be interesting to see them reaching another final. Makes me think what would a Yugoslavian team be able to do if still existing.

LoneStar

France Brazil would be great. I feel like England would just park the bus against Brazil.

I reckon the semis would be Brazil vs Argentina. And England vs Spain/Portugal. Both ties would be spicy!

IFC 1905

Of course it would be Argentina - England

After beating Brazil at the semifinals

And if Argentina would get crowned, Messi would be up there along Diego for the argentinian fans

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
France vs Brazil without a doubt for me. They're usually going to be entertaining games, France likes to turn up the skills when they come up against Brazil, and it usually winds up being a very entertaining game, whether it was the 3-0 of '98 or the 1-0 of '06, there was plenty to enjoy as a neutral.

Abizzz

I want the best teams in the final. So probably France-Brazil, but any other team still in it is capable of being the best on their day too.

colombianmancunian

France vs. Brazil. They are the best teams in the cup, they play entertaining football, it will be golden.

OT1214

For entertainment value it should be Brazil v France. I feel England will bring on their negative safety first football if they manage to reach the final. Messi v Ronaldo would be fun as well.

Kopral Jono

From a neutral's point of view any combination involving Argentina, Brazil, France and England would be ideal.

Cloud7

I was going to say Brazil v Argentina before I saw this post.

In that case, Argentina vs Portugal. It would be the final chapter of the Ronaldo Messi saga that we all deserve

Dr. StrangeHate

I was going to say Brazil v Argentina before I saw this post.

In that case, Argentina vs Portugal. It would be the final chapter of the Ronaldo Messi saga that we all deserve
What have we done to deserve such agony?

Alemar

Hopefully not Spain vs Holland, it would be some 5,000 passes borefest for 120 minutes

Antarion

Argentina - England would be my favourite as a neutral i think, but I can live with nearly any combination of Brazil/Arg - England/Spain

I just hope it's not France in the final, as I would have to root against them the whole game (would really dislike if they win it back to back - I think the World Cup is sth special only few players win in their lifetime and back to back wins take the specialness out of it.)