What would be the perfect Transfer Window for our rebuild?

buckooo1978

key Summer for fullbacks

None really good enough

Dalot and Shaw out of contract in 23 and 24 as well and it would have been very Matt Judge to extend these players despite not showing the required level with any consistency. Hopefully we think a bit more progressively with him gone.

sparx99

150m in sales?

A lot of these noone wants and we'll end up loaning out or no fee at all. For example, noone is going to pay a fee for Martial on his wages
The players will all have their wages cut by 25% for missing CL won't they? That should help a bit.

Craig Ward

If we were to sign a new midfielder from Italy I'd prefer either someone younger like Tonali who can play at the 6 well or a good playmaker like Barella. Either one + De Jong would make for a massive upgrade in ability and quality in midfield.

SMS would be pricey and I'm not sure just how well he'd translate in the Prem.
Because Tonali, Barella and De Jong are going to be available well cheap? What's to say any of the other's would fair better in the prem than SMS?

All mentioned names are pricey and none have prem experience, so i fail to see your point apart from stating the obvious

ManRed

Perfect window would be building the steps towards a technical side who are willing to fight for the club.

De Jong - Manager knows him too well and how to use him on the pitch
Kante - if fit will be a starter and can be used to rotate. Still one of the best DM in the world
Timber - Young with a bright future. Again played under manager
Striker - Not totally convinced with Nunez or Nkunku. Will let manager decide but we definitely need one
Garner - Promote to Kante Backup
Amad - promote to Backup LW/RW

Selling / Loaning is as important for a perfect window
Hannibal, Garnacho - Loan to a lower PL club or Championship
Mctominay, Martial, AWB, Andreas - Sell

Mwooyo

For me its really simple
Malcom Ebowei for RW - free
Edson alvarez for CDM - 30m
Ruben neves for CM - 30m
Allessio Ragmanoli for CB - free
Timber for RB - 40m
Patrick shick for ST - 35m
Total is 135m

We can get rid of martial, bailly, phil jones, wan bissaka etc and return a profit

Offsideagain

In life, my cup is always half full. Concerning Man Utd and transfers it is most definitely half empty. City signed Haaland and an Argentinian, Perisic is at Spurs. All we get is rumours and ‘The deal is close’ ‘ Should sign tomorrow’ and so it goes on. I’m hoping the new Manager will kick some arses in the boardroom and go and buy his targets otherwise we will drop further behind City, Liverpool and Chelsea.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
For me its really simple
Malcom Ebowei for RW - free
Edson alvarez for CDM - 30m
Ruben neves for CM - 30m
Allessio Ragmanoli for CB - free
Timber for RB - 40m
Patrick shick for ST - 35m
Total is 135m

We can get rid of martial, bailly, phil jones, wan bissaka etc and return a profit
Blue Moon auto-correct noted.

croadyman

Perfect window would be building the steps towards a technical side who are willing to fight for the club.

De Jong - Manager knows him too well and how to use him on the pitch
Kante - if fit will be a starter and can be used to rotate. Still one of the best DM in the world
Timber - Young with a bright future. Again played under manager
Striker - Not totally convinced with Nunez or Nkunku. Will let manager decide but we definitely need one
Garner - Promote to Kante Backup
Amad - promote to Backup LW/RW

Selling / Loaning is as important for a perfect window
Hannibal, Garnacho - Loan to a lower PL club or Championship
Mctominay, Martial, AWB, Andreas - Sell
Just can't see him talking De Jong round

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Utterly amazed we haven't "been linked" to Raheem Sterling yet! Red Top sports hacks sleeping on the job :):devil:

Olecurls99

CB, RB, DM, CM, WF, CF. Nothing less than this.
CB - We currently have 6 senior pros(Maguire, Bailly, Varane, Lindelof, Jones and Tuanzebe) for this position and they look difficult to shift because of their wages. Why would this be the first thing on your list considering we only have 4 attackers and 4 midfielders?

Bruno
Donny
Fred
Mctominay

Ronaldo
Rashford
Martial
Sancho

I may be reading it wrong but we need to ship some centre halves before we buy another one. We need midfielders and attackers right away.

Bestietom

CB - We currently have 6 senior pros(Maguire, Bailly, Varane, Lindelof, Jones and Tuanzebe) for this position and they look difficult to shift because of their wages. Why would this be the first thing on your list considering we only have 4 attackers and 4 midfielders?

Bruno
Donny
Fred
Mctominay

Ronaldo
Rashford
Martial
Sancho
List is not in rotation to who we need most. However, we do need to upgrade all these positions. a Centre back is certainly on Ten Hags list.

Olecurls99

List is not in rotation to who we need most. However, we do need to upgrade all these positions. a Centre back is certainly on Ten Hags list.
Fair enough. I personally think our defense is fine and with a proper midfield that keeps the ball they would look a lot better

Bestietom

Fair enough. I personally think our defense is fine and with a proper midfield that keeps the ball they would look a lot better
I ain't goin to argue with you but I am sure Ten Hag and the rest of his crew will. We finished with zero goal difference last season mate. Yes our midfield is bad but the defending was schoolboy standard at times. I personaly stopped going over to games from end of January.

Eric_the_Red99

We obviously aren’t gonna change the whole squad overnight, so my one thing is a bit of realism and patience from the fanbase
This. Changing 90 per cent of the first team squad in one window, which seems to be what many people are hoping for (perhaps understandably after the season we’ve had) is neither practical, nor advisable to be honest.

A top midfielder like Rice has to be the priority, imo, along with a solid reliable centre half, and a guaranteed (non-geriatric) goal scorer. I’d be content to start the league in August with all those in the bag. Anything else would be a bonus.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
In a perfect summer you change the whole team beside Ronaldo. Thats unrealistic though so you start with RB,CB,CM,CM, Versitile attacker

RB: Lamptey
CB: Timber or Torres
CM: Neves
CM: Here there is a lot of targets: Laimer or Kone would be my pick.
Versitile attacker: Nkunku, Antony or Raphina. Dream signing: Lautaro Martinez

However i dont think United have changed that much and will only go for 3 more expensive targets who i dont think would make much change.

CB: Timber or Torres: Fine
CM: De Jong. Typical United here. Expensive, he is not eager to join, and has not been at his best for years. Playing him with Fred or Mctominay will make him look worse than he is as well.
Striker: Nunez. More static striker. A typical number 9. A position Ronaldo still wants to play most games, so we are forced to play one of them out of position and get sub optimal performances in return. His first touch is also horrible as well. This will hinder Uniteds progress with the ball vs low blocks. Overall not a very Ten Hag type of player, and i feel this is more of a target Fletcher and Murtough wants.

Bestietom

In a perfect summer you change the whole team beside Ronaldo. Thats unrealistic though so you start with RB,CB,CM,CM, Versitile attacker

RB: Lamptey
CB: Timber or Torres
CM: Neves
CM: Here there is a lot of targets: Laimer or Kone would be my pick.
Versitile attacker: Nkunku, Antony or Raphina. Dream signing: Lautaro Martinez

However i dont think United have changed that much and will only go for 3 more expensive targets who i dont think would make much change.

CB: Timber or Torres: Fine
CM: De Jong. Typical United here. Expensive, he is not eager to join, and has not been at his best for years. Playing him with Fred or Mctominay will make him look worse than he is as well.
Striker: Nunez. More static striker. A typical number 9. A position Ronaldo still wants to play most games, so we are forced to play one of them out of position and get sub optimal performances in return. His first touch is also horrible as well. This will hinder Uniteds progress with the ball vs low blocks. Overall not a very Ten Hag type of player, and i feel this is more of a target Fletcher and Murtough wants.
I'm thinking Kone or Sangare might be better move for us this season. Don't like it when a players heart is not in a move here, like De Jong.

dubplate warrior

I think we'll only sign 3 players. As of right now, Timber and De Jong will possibly join for a combined fee of around 110m. Yet we're still after another midfielder and a striker, doesn't make sense to me. Either the budget that's been leaked is a fib leaked by the club or we're going to spend a large part of the window trying to sell players before we can buy again.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
2 midfielders is a must, plus a striker/winger and a defender, preferably 2 (1 CD, 1 RB)

GioF

For me I would love to bring in;

Spinnazola- £25m
Timber- £25-30m
Neves-£40-50m
Tielmens-£50m
C.Eriksen- Free
Nunez-£50m

approx- £190-200m

Out-

Pogba- free
Lingard-free
Cavani-free
Matic-free
Mata-free

Henderson -£20-25m
Awb- £20-25m
Jones- bag of sweets
Bailly- £10m
Martial- £15-20m
Lindelof-£15-20m

approx-£80-100m

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
CB - Llenglet
CM - K.Phillips
FW - Lewandowski

SparkedIntoLife

GK: Walter Benitez (free)
LB: Hickey (23m)
CD: Carmo (20m)
DM: Sangare (25m)
CM: Fernandez (17m release clause)
RW: Olise (35m release clause)
ST: de Ketelaere (30m)

That's a total spend of 150m. I would ideally like a RB but I really like Ethan Laird, despite lots of evidence that he's injury prone and needs to improve defensively. I see him as an ideal player for ETH to develop and there really aren't a lot of great RBs on the market. Hickey can also play RB. Timber and de Jong would be incredible but the latter doesn't want to come here and the former seems to want to move next season, which makes sense from his and Ajax's point of view. Also, with Timber reportedly costing £43m and de Jong upwards of £60m, we need more of a rebuild and our money won't stretch that far.

Benitez has been one of the best GK in Ligue 1 for the last few seasons and may go to the World Cup as part of the French squad as he's been naturalised there. He wants to stay at Nice but I think he can be convinced with a view to challenging de Gea. Contract is up this summer.

Hickey plays as a wing back mostly, has gotten into the Scottish squad and is earning rave reviews in Italy. Although he's very attacking and has scored several goals, he is gritty and has shown defensive promise too.

Carmo has had major injury problems but looks like a real player. ETH likes left footed centre backs and this guy is quick, strong and a decent long range passer. We need someone to challenge Maguire. I firmly believe we'll keep Maguire and Shaw, give them enough game time to get into the England WC squad then look to sell in January when hopefully their value will be decent.

Sangare is the hipster cliché choice but his stats are decent defensively and offensively, he's tall and shouldn't be a huge amount of money.

Enzo Fernandez is regarded as the best young player in Argentina and has a release clause just below 17m. He would be in the Argentina national squad but they've opted for a bit more experience. I expect him to become a regular for them soon. He's an all action CM with superb long shooting, lots of energy and good passing from deep. A bargain.

Olise supposedly has a release clause of 35m. ETH has consistently stuck to playing a left footed right winger in his teams and there's really not many good ones on the market for a reasonable price. Olise is ready made for English football and is the epitome of what they call a baller. Wand of a left foot, ridiculous composure, very technical. Just needs to add more consistency, get over the nagging injuries (not bad enough to worry about IMHO) and produce more goals and assists, though he's had a very solid first season at Palace. I really like him.

I've said enough about de Ketelaere in previous posts. Best ST bargain on the market.

I'd loan out Garner to Forest and maybe even let Elanga have a year out on loan.

Squad for next season then -

GK: de Gea, Benitez, Heaton
RB: Laird, Dalot, Jurado
LB: Shaw, Hickey
CD: Varane, Carmo, Maguire, Lindelof, Bernard
CM: Sangare, Fred, Enzo Fernandez, McTominay, Mainoo, Gore
AM: Fernandes, van de Beek, Hansen-Aarøen
RW: Olise, Diallo
LW: Sancho, Rashford, Garnacho
ST: Ronaldo, de Ketelaere, McNeill

Lux Thunder

In no particular order and assuming our preferred formation would be 4-2-3-1:

CM: Frenkie De Jong/Fabian Ruiz
CM: Ibrahim Sangare
CM: Kouadio Kone
CB: Justin Timber
GK: Robert Sanchez/David Raya
RW: Antony/Raphinha
CF: Amine Gouiri/Charles De Ketelaere/Hugo Ekitike

This is not the most perfect transfer window and surely can't be done in one summer, but it would be a good rebuilding start IMO.

Frenkie De Jong is obviously the most expensive one, but once this kind of player became available you don't think twice. We could also fully rebuild our midfield with De Jong or Fabian Ruiz as a backup option if he doesn't sign + Sangare and Kone. I haven't watched many of Kone, but he seems to be more like De Jong back up than a partner in the double pivot, with Sangare and Fred to share minutes. That would be a tehnically solid, energetic and hard-working midfield with various flexible options. Signing all three in the same window will never happen, probably not even in a two, but could free up Garner to have another season with Forrest in EPL.

As for center back, I included Timber as he is heavily linked with us and probably ETH's wish. If he comes here I think he will get his minutes as a center back rather than right-back, but he can also occasionally play there.

Personally, would rather see us sign center forward who is technically well-rounded and can link up with midfield than Nunez who we are linked with. Also, his price tag seems big so he would not be happy being back up for Ronaldo or vice versa. Both Ekitike and CDK are physically good enough to emulate target man role like Haller in ETH's recent Ajax side. With Ekitike practically signed by Newcastle, Giouri would be my pick. He likes to drop to the left to link up and with probably us playing Sancho there that could be a very good link to move the ball in attacking third and also to empty right flank for a right winger and create 1v1 situations for someone like Antony. To add more, when Giouri drops to receive the ball he also loves to switch play diagonally to the right. Not physical enough to be a target man but his hold-up play is very good and he can be a focal point of attack.

If rumors of Newcastle's interest in Henderson are true, we should go for Sanchez for obvious reasons - his dealing with crosses, ability to sweep in a high defensive line and very good distribution. I will add David Raya as a backup option.

The huge risk with full-back options staying the same, but I believe that some of the young players like Williams, Laird, Dalot and Fernandez can improve from working with ETH and then next summer use the budget to target those positions with starting striker and center back too.

Also, I have a belief that young players like Garner, Mejbri, Laird and Amad and others like VDB and Dalot can improve with ETH coaching. All depending of budget size and possible outgoing's, but I'll be happy if we go in this direction.

This team would be good enough to secure top 4 spot and have a good run in cup competitions and also should be competent to play possession-based high line football. These players would inject much in terms of working without the ball and also much-needed technical ability.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
I'd be happy to see a DM only tbh and to develop the young players to bleed them into the starting line up. I'd like to see a clear out of the CB's Jones Bailiy and Tuanzebe all gone and see what happens then. I think we will swim more than sink and get better as the season progresses.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I'd be happy to see a DM only tbh and to develop the young players to bleed them into the starting line up. I'd like to see a clear out of the CB's Jones Bailiy and Tuanzebe all gone and see what happens then. I think we will swim more than sink and get better as the season progresses.
Which younger players to you are worthy?

Ted Lasso

In life, my cup is always half full. Concerning Man Utd and transfers it is most definitely half empty. City signed Haaland and an Argentinian, Perisic is at Spurs. All we get is rumours and ‘The deal is close’ ‘ Should sign tomorrow’ and so it goes on. I’m hoping the new Manager will kick some arses in the boardroom and go and buy his targets otherwise we will drop further behind City, Liverpool and Chelsea.
Here's your cup half full: Woodward and his buddy are gone. It's only going to get better

AkaAkuma

Pretty much think this is a perfect wish list For ETH to implement his favoured 4-1-2-3 Regista system with a deep playmaker, like you I wish just can’t see it happening and let’s be clear here after last summer in which most of us thought Sancho, Varanne, Ronaldo would have guaranteed Champions League at worst. For this reason I’m not so fixed on who we get in but who we get it out; D Henderson, J Lingard must go because of their overall self importance and egos, It’s a shame because both could have been useful to ETH but no one likes a player that leaks in the dressing room and there are too many rumours.

We need to also get rid AWB(20), E Bailly(15) P Jones(5), A Pereira(5), T Chong(10),B Williams (10) A Martial(20). All of these players have had numerous chances and should be sold for a combined fee of £85M , knowing the way we work in the transfer market we will probably have a fewloan to buy options like AWB to Palace or AM where we gain a £5 loan fee with an obligation to buy so that £85N will be more like £70M. The club should not entertain a loan deal for Dean Henderson, simple sell for £40m or the highest bidder, if not 40m keep him, play him in Europa and league keep and gag him. We have a well rumoured £120M plus sales of £70M which is £190M . I genuinely think the club is looking at 2 or 3 players seriously in key positions in this order;
CDM - N Kante(15M) R Neves (45M)
No 8 - FDJ,SMS, C Ericsson (60M),(45M) F
CB - J Timber, P Torres, M Akanji (30), (45),
CF - D Nunez, C Nunkuuki (70), (70)
RW- Anthony or Raphina (50), (45)

I just have a feeling that Eric has done is due diligence and with Steve McClaren will have a better insight into our dressing room and the demands of the premier League. I think you will find that the Pl team will be a very different team to the team we play in Europa League and League Cup with the first 11 kept for PL and FA cup. With that in mind we might see a definite 4-1-2-3 formation with 2 players in the squad for every position. This will allow him to review border line positions and players.
PL and Fa Cup Team -
De De Gea,
J Timber*(30M), R Varane, H Maguire, L Shaw
N Kante*(15M), Bruno, DVB* (55M)
Raphina or Antony(45M), Ronaldo, D Nunez (55M)

Europa League and League Cup
T Heaton / M Kovear
D Dalot, V Lindelof, T Mengi or Axel T, A Telles
J Garner, Fred or Mctominay, DVB
A Dialo, Ganaucho or M Rashford J Sancho
Just be ready for wide striker who are inverted hugging the touch line and overlapping Wing backs but not both he may use Timber as the inverted play maker and Shaw as the overlapped but Luke who is highly underrated is just as suitable as playing the Daley Blind Role at united and actually learnt some of this under LVG abs Daley Blind. Ideally we need a full back like Thomas Meurnier or Dumfries in the winter transfer window.

The player sales roughly £200M with Henderson loan deal of £10m paying the shortfall of the £190M with Most of the players in the squad being on trial if we sell Henderson , we might buy Pau Torres in which case Maguire will be playing in the Europa league most weeks!
I think this is a well thought out post. I’m not sure the RW or ST positions have had enough speculation to suggest this though, very quiet on that front.

I think Timber and a left footed defender are seen as seperate additions, when we sign them depends on budget and ability to convince them. But I’d guess we plan for both going forward.

Kante is interesting, but how realistic? Neves seems like a drawn out saga with an unrealistic fee.

El Jefe

A window that guarantees Dalot, Elanga, Mctominay and Fred to a lesser extent not being in the first 11.

So basically a RB, two CMs and a forward. A CB would be great too if possible.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Why should Pellestri and Amad when they haven't impressed in their loan spells. McNeil still needs to show his ability at U23 level.
Amad impressed when he played, it was a change of manager who stopped him being a starter. And Pellestri was in a dud team with 3 different managers who still got relegated :lol:. Both have full international caps and can do it in the men's games. If you're good enough then you're old enough.

. If Amad goes back to Rangers i reckon he will smash it, and Pellistri always does well whenever he plays. Both equally as good as each other.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Amad impressed when he played, it was a change of manager who stopped him being a starter. And Pellestri was in a dud team with 3 different managers who still got relegated :lol:. Both have full international caps and can do it in the men's games. If you're good enough then you're old enough.

. If Amad goes back to Rangers i reckon he will smash it, and Pellistri always does well whenever he plays. Both equally as good as each other.
If they were that good they would have played more games.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Frankie de Jong, Neves, a full-back and a striker/right-winger. I think with those 2 in midfield the central defenders we have could do a job. Erikson would be a good addition to replace Pogba on a free.

yamo123x

Still think Rice is the exact player we need. Put Neves with him and we have real quality in midfield.

Add N'kunku up front and Timber.

Perfect Summer. 200mill spend...

Recover 80/90mill from sales of AWB (15), Henderson(30), Martial(20), Pereira(2),Chong(5), Jones(free), Bailly(15), Telles(10), Tuanzebe (10)

Promote-- Laird, A.Fernandez, Garnacho,Mengi

crossy1686

career ending
Still think Rice is the exact player we need. Put Neves with him and we have real quality in midfield.

Add N'kunku up front and Timber.

Perfect Summer. 200mill spend...

Recover 80/90mill from sales of AWB (15), Henderson(30), Martial(20), Pereira(2),Chong(5), Jones(free), Bailly(15), Telles(10), Tuanzebe (10)

Promote-- Laird, A.Fernandez, Garnacho,Mengi
I don’t see what others see in Rice, for me he’s McTomminay+ or McTomminay is Rice lite.

For his position and what he does the validation is absolutely stupid. £30m yes, anything over that is stupid

AussieDevil

I think the first question is whether we are going to play three at the back or four. Assuming we’re going with a back four, I’d like to see the following;

1. Timber
2. De Jong
3. Ndidi
4. Joao Pedro

If we are going to play with a back 3, then I’d like us to really challenge Spurs for the signing of Bastoni.

RatPack

I just hope we will do the business soon. As waiting to the end will give us the desperation buys we have done in the past

Kxng Ander

In no particular order and assuming our preferred formation would be 4-2-3-1:

CM: Frenkie De Jong/Fabian Ruiz
CM: Ibrahim Sangare
CM: Kouadio Kone
CB: Justin Timber
GK: Robert Sanchez/David Raya
RW: Antony/Raphinha
CF: Amine Gouiri/Charles De Ketelaere/Hugo Ekitike

This is not the most perfect transfer window and surely can't be done in one summer, but it would be a good rebuilding start IMO.

Frenkie De Jong is obviously the most expensive one, but once this kind of player became available you don't think twice. We could also fully rebuild our midfield with De Jong or Fabian Ruiz as a backup option if he doesn't sign + Sangare and Kone. I haven't watched many of Kone, but he seems to be more like De Jong back up than a partner in the double pivot, with Sangare and Fred to share minutes. That would be a tehnically solid, energetic and hard-working midfield with various flexible options. Signing all three in the same window will never happen, probably not even in a two, but could free up Garner to have another season with Forrest in EPL.

As for center back, I included Timber as he is heavily linked with us and probably ETH's wish. If he comes here I think he will get his minutes as a center back rather than right-back, but he can also occasionally play there.

Personally, would rather see us sign center forward who is technically well-rounded and can link up with midfield than Nunez who we are linked with. Also, his price tag seems big so he would not be happy being back up for Ronaldo or vice versa. Both Ekitike and CDK are physically good enough to emulate target man role like Haller in ETH's recent Ajax side. With Ekitike practically signed by Newcastle, Giouri would be my pick. He likes to drop to the left to link up and with probably us playing Sancho there that could be a very good link to move the ball in attacking third and also to empty right flank for a right winger and create 1v1 situations for someone like Antony. To add more, when Giouri drops to receive the ball he also loves to switch play diagonally to the right. Not physical enough to be a target man but his hold-up play is very good and he can be a focal point of attack.

If rumors of Newcastle's interest in Henderson are true, we should go for Sanchez for obvious reasons - his dealing with crosses, ability to sweep in a high defensive line and very good distribution. I will add David Raya as a backup option.

The huge risk with full-back options staying the same, but I believe that some of the young players like Williams, Laird, Dalot and Fernandez can improve from working with ETH and then next summer use the budget to target those positions with starting striker and center back too.

Also, I have a belief that young players like Garner, Mejbri, Laird and Amad and others like VDB and Dalot can improve with ETH coaching. All depending of budget size and possible outgoing's, but I'll be happy if we go in this direction.

This team would be good enough to secure top 4 spot and have a good run in cup competitions and also should be competent to play possession-based high line football. These players would inject much in terms of working without the ball and also much-needed technical ability.
Excellent post! These are similar to my picks.
- I prefer Ruiz to FDJ, he's a more complete player to me.
- I think Fernandez actually deserves the nod over Brandon Williams honestly
- I think we'll be playing a 4-3-3 because it's ETH's preferred formation and also that of our successful rivals
- I think 8 midfielders are way too much for the 3 positions, we have to loan out Hannibal and I don't think we'll get Kone if we get Sangare plus I think we're keeping McTominay.
- Your strikers are good scouting picks for smaller clubs but not Man Utd at this time. I think Nunez is a raw diamond, some one-touch passing drills and he'll be exactly what we need. Not only because he can play ST but because he can play off the left. Cristiano has to be rested to be his best, we will need a world-class striker or one in the making to be his back-up, especially if there are injuries. 34 goals in 41 games is one in the making.
- I'm leaning towards Garanacho going on loan because it's such a crucial season to our development. We won't have the games to give him over so many other deserving players.
- I'd take Sanchez in a heartbeat!

Had to delete your image because I'm not allowed to post images yet.

Olecurls99

GK: Walter Benitez (free)
LB: Hickey (23m)
CD: Carmo (20m)
DM: Sangare (25m)
CM: Fernandez (17m release clause)
RW: Olise (35m release clause)
ST: de Ketelaere (30m)

That's a total spend of 150m. I would ideally like a RB but I really like Ethan Laird, despite lots of evidence that he's injury prone and needs to improve defensively. I see him as an ideal player for ETH to develop and there really aren't a lot of great RBs on the market. Hickey can also play RB. Timber and de Jong would be incredible but the latter doesn't want to come here and the former seems to want to move next season, which makes sense from his and Ajax's point of view. Also, with Timber reportedly costing £43m and de Jong upwards of £60m, we need more of a rebuild and our money won't stretch that far.

Benitez has been one of the best GK in Ligue 1 for the last few seasons and may go to the World Cup as part of the French squad as he's been naturalised there. He wants to stay at Nice but I think he can be convinced with a view to challenging de Gea. Contract is up this summer.

Hickey plays as a wing back mostly, has gotten into the Scottish squad and is earning rave reviews in Italy. Although he's very attacking and has scored several goals, he is gritty and has shown defensive promise too.

Carmo has had major injury problems but looks like a real player. ETH likes left footed centre backs and this guy is quick, strong and a decent long range passer. We need someone to challenge Maguire. I firmly believe we'll keep Maguire and Shaw, give them enough game time to get into the England WC squad then look to sell in January when hopefully their value will be decent.

Sangare is the hipster cliché choice but his stats are decent defensively and offensively, he's tall and shouldn't be a huge amount of money.

Enzo Fernandez is regarded as the best young player in Argentina and has a release clause just below 17m. He would be in the Argentina national squad but they've opted for a bit more experience. I expect him to become a regular for them soon. He's an all action CM with superb long shooting, lots of energy and good passing from deep. A bargain.

Olise supposedly has a release clause of 35m. ETH has consistently stuck to playing a left footed right winger in his teams and there's really not many good ones on the market for a reasonable price. Olise is ready made for English football and is the epitome of what they call a baller. Wand of a left foot, ridiculous composure, very technical. Just needs to add more consistency, get over the nagging injuries (not bad enough to worry about IMHO) and produce more goals and assists, though he's had a very solid first season at Palace. I really like him.

I've said enough about de Ketelaere in previous posts. Best ST bargain on the market.

I'd loan out Garner to Forest and maybe even let Elanga have a year out on loan.

Squad for next season then -

GK: de Gea, Benitez, Heaton
RB: Laird, Dalot, Jurado
LB: Shaw, Hickey
CD: Varane, Carmo, Maguire, Lindelof, Bernard
CM: Sangare, Fred, Enzo Fernandez, McTominay, Mainoo, Gore
AM: Fernandes, van de Beek, Hansen-Aarøen
RW: Olise, Diallo
LW: Sancho, Rashford, Garnacho
ST: Ronaldo, de Ketelaere, McNeill
Benitez looks like an absolute flapper
Hickey looks very ploddy and has a bad touch.
Carmo isn't particularly quick. Not PL quick and doesn't stand out.

Sangare looks very cumbersome. He won't get away with that sort of loose dribbling in the PL.

The other 3 look very good