What would be the perfect Transfer Window for our rebuild?

Mylock

The perfect transfer window would be

Nidicka
Timber
Tchouameni
De Jong
Anthony
Nkunku

With at least 10 to 14 players leaving, the above transfers are possible financially, but unfortunately, I can't see us landing them all.

Bojan Djordjic

The perfect transfer window would be

Nidicka
Timber
Tchouameni
De Jong
Anthony
Nkunku

With at least 10 to 14 players leaving, the above transfers are possible financially, but unfortunately, I can't see us landing them all.
What position would you be playing N’Kunku if you’re buying Antony too?

diarm

In a perfect, but obviously never going to happen window:

Signings:
Johnstone - 10m
Timber - 30m
Torres - 30m + Bailly
Malacia - 20m
Tchouameni - 50m
De Jong - 60m
Nunez - 70m
Total Spend - 250m

Sales:

Henderson - 40m
Grant - 0
Wan-Bissaka - 15m
Maguire - 25m
Bailly - Px
Williams - 10m
Matic - 0
Pogba - 0
Mata - 0
Lingard - 0
Pereira - 5m
Chong - 5m
Greenwood - 0m
Martial - 0
Cavani - 0
Total Sales - 100m

Net Spend - 150m

ManRed

OUT

Dean, AWB, Baily, Jones, Tuanzebe, Matic, Mata, Pogba, Andreas, Martial, Lingard, Chong, Cavani, Pellestri (Loan), Garner (Loan)

IN

Johnstone, Nkunku, De Jong, Tchouameni/Laimer, Timber, New RB, Antony

GK: DDG, Sam
LB: Shaw, Telles
CB: Varane, Timber, Maguire, Lindelof, Mengi
RB: New RB, Dalot
DM: Laimer, Scott
CM: Fred, De Jong
CAM: VDB, Bruno, Hannibal
LW: Sancho, Rashford, Garnacho
ST: Ronaldo, Nkunku
RW: Antony, Elanga, Amad

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Signings:
Johnstone - 10m
Timber - 30m
Torres - 30m + Bailly
Malacia - 20m
Tchouameni - 50m
De Jong - 60m
Nunez - 70m
Total Spend - 250m

Sales:

Henderson - 40m
Grant - 0
Wan-Bissaka - 15m
Maguire - 25m
Bailly - Px
Williams - 10m
Matic - 0
Pogba - 0
Mata - 0
Lingard - 0
Pereira - 5m
Chong - 5m
Greenwood - 0m
Martial - 0
Cavani - 0
Total Sales - 100m

Net Spend - 150m
Sam Johnstone would be free, he’s out of contract next month. A host of clubs are waiting to sign him though so wouldn’t be confident he’d be happy to come here and be 2nd or 3rd choice

diarm

Sam Johnstone would be free, he’s out of contract next month. A host of clubs are waiting to sign him though so wouldn’t be confident he’d be happy to come here and be 2nd or 3rd choice
Oh. I thought I'd read that he had a year left and was available for 10m. Perhaps it was an old article then.

userman

We're in a situation where we have to get this transfer window perfect, this transfer window is going to be the foundation of our rebuild for our future years. I'm curious to see the signings that everyone thinks are the perfect sign of progress. Maybe also a thread to look back on after the window as well.
A close to perfect transfer window for me would be;
- DM (Kamara. £0m)
- CM (de Jong. £70m)
- RB (Dest. £15m)
- RW (Raphinha if relegated, Olise or Tete. £25m)
- ST backup (Joao Pedro, £20m)
- GK backup (Johnstone. £0m)
Total spend £130m.

2 of the recruits knowing Ten Hag and his style of football from Ajax.
2 or 3 with PL-experience.
All of the recruits aged 25 or younger (except Johnstone).

Let go of all those with contracts expiring this summer.
Sell Henderson, Martial, Bailly, Tuanzebe, Pereira, Wan-Bissaka and one of Telles or Williams.
In total perhaps sales of £75m.

A net spend of £55m that gives us a solid foundation to build on for the future.

Promote Mengi or Bernard to be the 5th CB, loan out the other.
Loan out Garner, Mejbri, Laird, Amad, Pellistri and Shoretire.

jackal&hyde

What makes you think that we will break our spending budgets?
Probably more hope then anything but, the rational I have is about our ability to do so, combined with how necessary it is and with how much money we are getting off the wage bill. I do not think someone like ETH comes here if he is not promised major investment to turn things around fast, plus RR already spoke about 2 or 3 transfer windows to get back to the top. Adding all of that, I think it's reasonable to expect major investment, at least on par with our max of previous years.

padzilla

Hipster
Hopefully we hit the ground running and get people in for preseason training rather than more drawn out transfer sagas.

croadyman

A close to perfect transfer window for me would be;
- DM (Kamara. £0m)
- CM (de Jong. £70m)
- RB (Dest. £15m)
- RW (Raphinha if relegated, Olise or Tete. £25m)
- ST backup (Joao Pedro, £20m)
- GK backup (Johnstone. £0m)
Total spend £130m.

2 of the recruits knowing Ten Hag and his style of football from Ajax.
2 or 3 with PL-experience.
All of the recruits aged 25 or younger (except Johnstone).

Let go of all those with contracts expiring this summer.
Sell Henderson, Martial, Bailly, Tuanzebe, Pereira, Wan-Bissaka and one of Telles or Williams.
In total perhaps sales of £75m.

A net spend of £55m that gives us a solid foundation to build on for the future.

Promote Mengi or Bernard to be the 5th CB, loan out the other.
Loan out Garner, Mejbri, Laird, Amad, Pellistri and Shoretire.
Yeah I like that window

jackal&hyde

Hopefully we hit the ground running and get people in for preseason training rather than more drawn out transfer sagas.
High quality players are usually courted by many clubs and it takes time. The only way we do our business fast and good is if we arranged things far before the market opens. Can the United board do that? Not sure.

Jacob

OUT (65M)

Bailly, Mata, Matic, Pogba, Lingard, AWB, Henderson, Chong, Pereira

IN (200M)

De Jong, Timber, Phillips, Enzo, Nkunku, Johnstone, Dembele

NET (135M)

Elcabron

In:

Frenkie De Jong - £67m
Darwin Nunez - £60m
Raphinha - £25m
Jurrien Timber - £38m
Boubacar Kamara - £0m

Out:

Dean Henderson - £28m
Anthony Martial - £18m
Eric Bailly - £12m
Alex Telles - £7m
Axel Tuanzebe - £10m
Andreas Pereira - £5m

Net Spend: £110m

Obviously not what I expect to happen, but I would consider a brilliant window and somewhat realistic? 5 in and 6 out seems doable if United are able to move quicker under the new footballing setup then they have previously. Bear in mind one free agent and one release clause which should save some negotiating time.

Then a Pep style splurge on a new keeper and two new full-backs (LB can be a bit cheaper, somebody to compete with/push Shaw) in 2023 and I think you look in pretty good shape going into year 3.
That would be a great window. You could include another say 35m incoming for AWB and Williams. I would actually look to off load Dalot now also which should be another 20m. He is just not good enough and I have no doubt there are better right backs available for approx 25m.

Onerealunited

The important thing is not how many we buy.

first, clear the team for players whose mentality and discipline doesn’t match a team that will fight for championship

Second, we need to find players that we can develop into world stars or key team players for us.

Third, focus on player mentality and discipline before talent and potential

Fourth, DONT buy expensive players!! We do not have a history where too expensive players succeed. See our most expensive 10 players in history

Stacks

Signings:
Johnstone - 10m
Timber - 30m
Torres - 30m + Bailly
Malacia - 20m
Tchouameni - 50m
De Jong - 60m
Nunez - 70m
Total Spend - 250m

Sales:

Henderson - 40m
Grant - 0
Wan-Bissaka - 15m
Maguire - 25m
Bailly - Px
Williams - 10m
Matic - 0
Pogba - 0
Mata - 0
Lingard - 0
Pereira - 5m
Chong - 5m
Greenwood - 0m
Martial - 0
Cavani - 0
Total Sales - 100m

Net Spend - 150m
Maguire is going for 50-60m buddy. He still has clout. AWB going for 25m

diarm

Maguire is going for 50-60m buddy. He still has clout. AWB going for 25m
You are dreaming. On the wages we're paying them - we'd be very, very fortunate to get the prices I put.

Stacks

You are dreaming. On the wages we're paying them - we'd be very, very fortunate to get the prices I put.
Which club(s) would buy Maguire for 50+ or AWB for 25 and pay their wages? Names please.
AWB is on 90k pw, Maguire 190k pw

Chelsea would buy Maguire (they are losing the German and Alonso) as would Newcastle Utd.

For AWB we have West Ham , Villa (spent 30m on Digne, pay House and Mings 80k Matty Cash earns 65k) Everton, Spurs, those types of clubs. I feel confident I could facilitate this sale

Borussia Teeth

AWB is on 90k pw, Maguire 190k pw

Chelsea would buy Maguire (they are losing the German and Alonso) as would Newcastle Utd.

For AWB we have West Ham , Villa (spent 30m on Digne, pay House and Mings 80k Matty Cash earns 65k) Everton, Spurs, those types of clubs. I feel confident I could facilitate this sale
Thanks for the reply.

I personally don't think Chelsea (or any of the top clubs) would go for Maguire. Hopefully Newcastle.

As for AWB-I think the club's you've named have better options on less money. I don't think he's an upgrade on Coufal or Cash. Everton bought a RB in January and spurs use wingbacks.

Just my opinion though, we can agree to disagree.

Stacks

Thanks for the reply.

I personally don't think Chelsea (or any of the top clubs) would go for Maguire. Hopefully Newcastle.

As for AWB-I think the club's you've named have better options on less money. I don't think he's an upgrade on Coufal or Cash. Everton bought a RB in January and spurs use wingbacks.

Just my opinion though, we can agree to disagree.
Why not Maguire? He still and England starter and City were keen before we signed him. I don't think his stock is down THAT much and he plays better in a 3.He will most likely perform well at the World Cup too. At Chelsea he would be a better fit than United and have Kante ahead of him and Reese James to cover.
I'm not sure all of those are better options than AWB but like you said its all opinions.

EDIT: there is always Newcastle

Borussia Teeth

Why not Maguire? He still and England starter and City were keen before we signed him. I don't think his stock is down THAT much and he plays better in a 3.He will most likely perform well at the World Cup too. At Chelsea he would be a better fit than United and have Kante ahead of him and Reese James to cover.
I'm not sure all of those are better options than AWB but like you said its all opinions.

EDIT: there is always Newcastle
Personally, I think Maguire is an average, overpriced player and Chelsea (and Newcastle) can find better for less transfer fee and wages.

In terms of sales, I would like to be proved wrong in regards to fees though, because we could really do with extra funds

croadyman

High quality players are usually courted by many clubs and it takes time. The only way we do our business fast and good is if we arranged things far before the market opens. Can the United board do that? Not sure.
Feels like we can be more organised this summer, however until that first signing is sorted then will remain skeptical of change

jackal&hyde

Feels like we can be more organised this summer, however until that first signing is sorted then will remain skeptical of change
We will be for sure. If those signings will be good or not is different, but fast and rich we will be.

Amethystxx

For me the perfect summer must have to include Greenwood not guilty court decree!!

Olecurls99

1st team
De Gea
Dalot Varane Lindelof Shaw
Caqueret Tchouameni
Raphinha Donny Sancho
Ronaldo

2nd team
Henderson
Laird Tuanzebe Bailly Williams
Mctominay Fred
Amad Bruno Rashford
Martial

Shipping Bissaka, Maguire, Telles, Jones

That 1st team could go up against anybody

Bearded One

Timber
De Jong
Tchouameni
Antony
Nunez

De Gea
Dalot Timber Verane Shaw
Tchouameni De Jong
Bruno
Antony Nunez Sancho​

padzilla

Hipster
Cue a prolonged chase for De Jong who signs a contract extension at Barca in late August.
Followed by us by spending entire budget on Declan Rice on transfer deadline day.

jackal&hyde

Cue a prolonged chase for De Jong who signs a contract extension at Barca in late August.
Followed by us by spending entire budget on Declan Rice on transfer deadline day.
Why? Last time we got Sancho plus mister CL Varane. Is ETH a worse attraction then Ole? I don't think so.

Bojan Djordjic

Why? Last time we got Sancho plus mister CL Varane. Is ETH a worse attraction then Ole? I don't think so.
Sancho is English, has virtually grown up in Manchester and probably had likes of Rashford, Shaw and Maguire in his ear.

Varane has won everything there is to win in the game and needed a change of scenery. It is a bit different especially as they joined a club which had come second not seventh in the league.

padzilla

Hipster
Last time we had Champions League though
Varane has been an atrocious signing, rarely fit and then looks well off the pace when he is.
Sancho is young enough to come good yet but his performances have been largely disappointing - especially considering the cost involved.
Unless of course I have missed the sarcasm in your initial post.

Bojan Djordjic

Varane has been an atrocious signing, rarely fit and then looks well off the pace when he is.
Sancho is young enough to come good yet but his performances have been largely disappointing - especially considering the cost involved.
Unless of course I have missed the sarcasm in your initial post.
I’m confused, how does your assertion refute what he says. Whether he’s been a good or bad signing doesn’t change that we’re not in the champions league and are less attractive to big name players regardless of managers.