What would be the perfect Transfer Window for our rebuild?

Lee565

How does ruiz go under the radar so much with the fanbase and being linked to bigger clubs in general as well? He is class for napoli and is in that jorginho/carrick mould of a deep sitting playmaker which I prefer us to sign over an out and out defensive midfield, supposedly he is only on 60k a week as well and only has 1 year left on contract at napoli.

Last edited:

Mr PG

Players want money more than cl. Lack of cl football is not a permanent situation for a club like ours

jamesjimmybyrondean

At the moment majority of our starting 11 is filled with players that are not good enough or players lacking the skillset to play Ten Hag ball or both.

If money is an issue then we should focus on replacing the players in the starting 11 that don't have the skillset to play Ten Hag ball for now. This means replacing the likes of Ronaldo, Mctominay, Fred, Maguire/Lindelof. So the priority this summer should be a striker, CM, DM and CB. These positions have already been confirmed by Ducker also as the positions Ten Hag wants to reinforce

Nunez
Elanga Bruno Sancho
De Jong Laimer
Shaw Torres Varane Dalot
Henderson
I think this team has the skills that Ten Hag likes to work with.

yamo123x

90% of the fans asking for Kamara on here have probably never seen him play, but are just thumping on the bandwagon as he is on a free.

You have to ask yourselves why the biggest clubs in Europe aren't in for him? This might tell you more ..squad player at best

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
I think we'll sign 2 players for the starting 11 next season and not rush into spending a fortune, as we have done in the past. I'd expect 1 midfielder and 1 forward/wide forward.

I suspect we'll see a few of the younger players coming through (Hannibal/Garner, hopefully Garnacho and Laird) and part of the requirement on ETH has got to be getting more out of the existing team, primarily Maguire/Shaw/Rashford/Sancho, those 4 playing at their best and we're a different team completely.

Its another year of transition but the starting point for me is looking at what we already have and turning them back into footballers, we absolutely dont need a whole new team, we just need our players to remember how to play football and put a shift in and actually break sweat again.
Think this is a sensible post. I've no idea how many players he'll sign but I don't think it'll be a complete overhaul in one window, and nor should it be. We've had players who've had horrible a season in terms of performance but I still believe in them. Some not as starters but for sure as part of the squad.

This isn't a quick fix in one transfer window, it needs to be process and a sensible one which is rushed.

DevilRed

Need a fullback (right side) and a central midfielder (or two).

I think that would sort alot of the issues out and make us far more formidable.

We're not as far away as everyone thinks. We just need a top manager to get the best out of the returning players, and also to give our youth a chance.

SamoyedSam

Supports
Notts County
At the moment majority of our starting 11 is filled with players that are not good enough or players lacking the skillset to play Ten Hag ball or both.

If money is an issue then we should focus on replacing the players in the starting 11 that don't have the skillset to play Ten Hag ball for now. This means replacing the likes of Ronaldo, Mctominay, Fred, Maguire/Lindelof. So the priority this summer should be a striker, CM, DM and CB. These positions have already been confirmed by Ducker also as the positions Ten Hag wants to reinforce

Nunez
Elanga Bruno Sancho
De Jong Laimer
Shaw Torres Varane Dalot
Henderson
I think this team has the skills that Ten Hag likes to work with.

Reports in the press that Ten Hag likes McTominay and thinks he can improve him as a player.

Danish Wizard

Konrad Laimer / Ibrahim Sangare for midfield
Frenkie de Jong in midfield
Jurrien Timber / Goncalo Inacio / Evan N'Dicka for central defence
Serge Gnabry / Christopher Nkunku for attack
Should be possible within the budget. And we are ready for action.
We then need fullbacks positions sorted in next 12 months. We can't de all now.

Sell & let go of Lingard, Matic, Mata, Pogba, Cavani, Jones, Bailly, Martial.

pawanraj

Current Midfield options - Bruno Fernandes, Scott McTominay, Fred
Current Striking options - Ronaldo
Current Wing options - Rashford, Sancho, Elanga

EVEN IF we do not buy anyone in defense, bring Donny VDB back in the fold, we still need 2 central midfielders, and 2 goal-scoring forward players. So a minimum of 4 players. In an ideal world, we would also look for a starting CB, and a starting RB at the very least.

------------------------------ DDG / Henderson ------------------------------------------------
-- New RB/AWB -- new CB/Maguire -- Varane/Lindelof -- Shaw/Telles--
------------------ new CMF/Fred ---------- new CMF/Scott McTominay---------
----------------------------------------Bruno/DVB---------------------------------------------------
--- new FWD/Elanga ----- Ronaldo/new Striker ------Sancho/Rashford---

With 6 new players, we still are going to go through the season with Scott McTominay, Rashford, and Ronaldo playing a lot of our games, and a fairly weak second string.

Cristiano will need replacing at end of 2022-23 season, and if we make it to CL next season, we'll still be looking at 4-5 players to improve our second string and the first team, even if a cpl of folks from the youth team make a step up.

At this point - this is a 2 year rebuild at the bare minimum. All I want is some progress towards it this season.

yamo123x

Timber
Mukiele
Kamara
Nunez
De Jong

Mukiele and Kamara......do you really think these guys are gonna propel us in the right direction? Have you watched them lots and think they have the qualities to be first team regulars?

Just 2 more names thrown in by agents and the media and UTD fans are putting them on their wishlist..... without actually watching them play. Laughable.

Kamara had promise in 2020 but faded badly this year, was poor in semis of conference league and you wonder why big teams arent in for him if he on a free..
Mukiele cant get in Leipzig line up, plays 2nd fiddle to Henrichs. If not a certain starter for them why is he the answer for us, just because he is cheap?

Widow

90% of the fans asking for Kamara on here have probably never seen him play, but are just thumping on the bandwagon as he is on a free.

You have to ask yourselves why the biggest clubs in Europe aren't in for him? This might tell you more ..squad player at best
Mukiele and Kamara......do you really think these guys are gonna propel us in the right direction? Have you watched them lots and think they have the qualities to be first team regulars?

Just 2 more names thrown in by agents and the media and UTD fans are putting them on their wishlist..... without actually watching them play. Laughable.

Kamara had promise in 2020 but faded badly this year, was poor in semis of conference league and you wonder why big teams arent in for him if he on a free..
Mukiele cant get in Leipzig line up, plays 2nd fiddle to Henrichs. If not a certain starter for them why is he the answer for us, just because he is cheap?
You criticise others for their presumptions on players yet you go onto presume to know what clubs are in for said players, a little hypocritical.

I don't know why it's upsetting you so much.

Last edited:

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Don’t get the hype over Boubacar Kamara. I’d take Glen Kamara over him lol!

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
What do you guys think about Gündogan? Apparently City wants to sell him this summer and he'd be a great fit for the possession oriented style Ten Hag is likely to install. Potentially quite cheap as well and the CM is probably one of your weaknesses.

Blood Mage

What do you guys think about Gündogan? Apparently City wants to sell him this summer and he'd be a great fit for the possession oriented style Ten Hag is likely to install. Potentially quite cheap as well and the CM is probably one of your weaknesses.
Wouldn't join us out of respect to City I imagine. English football rivalries are incredibly bitter and personal, especially when United are involved.

romufc

Its just a way to moan really. "Kamara is free lets get him... "
"Oh we are so slow, he is going to Ateleico now"

Then if we sign him and he is not an improvement to who we have
"Thats why we were the only club for him"

Erik the Red

The dream transfer window can be achieved if we tell Erik and Ralf to each get three of their old players:

Gvardiol (RB Leipzig)
Timber (Ajax)
Laimer (RB Leipzig)
De Jong (ex Ajax)
Antony (Ajax)
Nkunku (RB Leipzig)

De Gea
Timber - Gvardiol - Varane - Shaw
Laimer - De Jong
Antony - Nkunku - Sancho
Ronaldo

Bruno Fernandes can rotate with Ronaldo, with Bruno in the hole and Nkunku pushing further forward as a false 9. DVB can come back from his loan to add depth.

These 6 transfer will cost around £250m, but that is a really strong first team. Most of the rest of the current first team squad can be made available for sale to get them off the wage bill and to fund purchases above whatever amount has been agreed for the transfer budget net spend. (Obviously we wouldn't sell most of them, but there are very few who should not be available for sale, maybe Rashford for example.)

If players want to stay AND Ten Hag thinks he can get them to perform, they can stay, otherwise promote from the reserves to add squad depth. For example, players like Garner, Laird, Levitt and Garnacho could thrive from getting regular cameo slots and cup game experience.

reddevilz007

A lot of possibilities if we go on the cheap, except for Nkunku.

Laimer and Ruiz both have one year left on their contract. Could probably get both for 45-50 mil combined. Sell Hendo for 35-40 mil and Pereira, which would cover most of the cost.

Get Kamara and Eriksen on the free.

Get Nkunku. Sell Bailly, AWB, Tuanzebe, Jones and Martial, which would cover the cost.

Get Botman for 25 mil, Berno Sosa for 25 mil and Timber for 25 mil. Sell Telles for 10 mil.

If we want to complete the revolution, get Robert Sanchez for 40 mil and Raphinha for 20 mil (if Leeds gets relegated). Otherwise, get Johnstone for free, and you save 40 mil.

Net spend of 90-140 mil.

We would have as much depth as either Man City or Liverpool.

GK: Sanchez, DDG
LB: Sosa, Shaw
CB: Varane, Botman, Maguire, Lindelof
RB: Timber, Dalot
DM: Kamara, Ruiz, Garner
CM ball winning: Laimer, Fred, McTominay
Advanced CM: VDB, Bruno, Hannibal
LW: Sancho, Rashford, Garnacho
ST: Ronaldo, Nkunku (can also start as RW)
RW: Raphinha, Eriksen (can also play advanced CM)

I used Eriksen on the right, because Elanga doesn’t create much, as well as Ronaldo and Rashford. And Bruno will need a creative partner to help him.

Last edited:

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion

Laimer and Ruiz both have one year left on their contract. Could probably get both for 45-50 mil combined. Sell Hendo for 35-40 mil and Pereira, which would cover most of the cost.

Get Nkunku. Sell Bailly, AWB, Jones and Martial, which would cover the cost.

Get Botman for 25 mil, Berno Sosa for 25 mil and Timber for 25 mil. Sell Telles for 10 mil.

If we want to complete the revolution, get Robert Sanchez for 40 mil and Raphinha for 20 mil (if Leeds gets relegated).

Net spend of 130-140 mil.

You can have them all except Sanchez, he's a fantastic keeper but sadly I am pretty sure we will lose him in this window along with Bissouma and Trossard

Bojan Djordjic

Get Nkunku. Sell Bailly, AWB, Jones and Martial, which would cover the cost.

If we want to complete the revolution, get Robert Sanchez for 40 mil and Raphinha for 20 mil (if Leeds gets relegated).

Net spend of 130-140 mil.

I think Kamara has signed for Atletico or is on his way. Also, kinda feel like the fans who hate Harry Maguire are not going to like his Dutch cousin Botman, who is far more limited on the ball.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I think Kamara has signed for Atletico or is on his way. Also, kinda feel like the fans who hate Harry Maguire are not going to like his Dutch cousin Botman, who is far more limited on the ball.
Even the best "on the ball" centre backs aren't good on the ball.

They mainly play vertical ten yard passes or easy diags and everyone thinks they're good on the ball.

Can a defender defend? Because Maguire cannot unless the ball is in the air.

Bojan Djordjic

Even the best "on the ball" centre backs aren't good on the ball.

They mainly play vertical ten yard passes or easy diags and everyone thinks they're good on the ball.

Can a defender defend? Because Maguire cannot unless the ball is in the air.
That’s just not true. Daley Blind is an amazing line breaking passer for one, Bonucci’s long range passing is also a sight to behold.

Botman is slow on the turn though and if we want to play a higher line, he would leave us as exposed as Maguire has this season.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
That’s just not true. Daley Blind is an amazing line breaking passer for one, Bonucci’s long range passing is also a sight to behold.

Botman is slow on the turn though and if we want to play a higher line, he would leave us as exposed as Maguire has this season.
Yes, he's a full back and DM converted to CB. I agree, my interpretation of defending is also the physical side of it.

Bojan Djordjic

DM - Bennacer/Locatelli (doesn't seem to have settled at Juve so might want change of scenery) - Two players very comfortable in possession with nice passing ranges.
MF - FDJ/Nicolo Barella - Two creative midfielders.
RB - Malo Gusto - Lyon. Young but looks very very promising
RW - Cherki - insanely talented forward.
CF - Liam Delap - Trans-city raid. Money would be low with previous signings so would hopefully poach someone like him for reasonably cheap.

choccy77

Perfect Window

Sell Jones, Bailly, Maguire, AWB, Shaw & Telles.

The other dead wood are going anyhow.

This is a must imo

Worse case, you keep Maguire as a backup but bring in 2 better CBs

Bojan Djordjic

Agreed, we were linked with him/recommended him from Fletchers time at Stoke. I think he looks like a very good CB in the making.
Yeah, his passing and carrying statistics are poor but I think a lot of that can be put down to the team he’s playing for. He played a sensational through ball into Cornet in a recent game so is capable of technically difficult passing. Might still be better off developing at Burnley in the medium term.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
In:

Frenkie De Jong - £67m
Darwin Nunez - £60m
Raphinha - £25m
Jurrien Timber - £38m
Boubacar Kamara - £0m

Out:

Dean Henderson - £28m
Anthony Martial - £18m
Eric Bailly - £12m
Alex Telles - £7m
Axel Tuanzebe - £10m
Andreas Pereira - £5m

Net Spend: £110m

Obviously not what I expect to happen, but I would consider a brilliant window and somewhat realistic? 5 in and 6 out seems doable if United are able to move quicker under the new footballing setup then they have previously. Bear in mind one free agent and one release clause which should save some negotiating time.

Then a Pep style splurge on a new keeper and two new full-backs (LB can be a bit cheaper, somebody to compete with/push Shaw) in 2023 and I think you look in pretty good shape going into year 3.

Bosws87

Wanting a player but waiting for his release clause to expire then purchasing him for money, to show our financial muscle :nervous:

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Inn:
Frenkie De Jong 60M
Jurrien Timber 30M
Chris Nkunku 55M
Kalvin Phillips 30M
Tariq Lamptey 25M

Total: 200M

Out:
Dean Henderson 30M
Aaron Wan Bissaka 25M
Anthony Martial 15M
Eric Bailly 10M
Axel Tuanzebe 10M
Andreas Pereira 2M
Phil Jones 5M

Total: 97M

Net Spend: 103M

Team:

--------------Ronaldo------------
Bruno--Nkunku--Sancho
--------De Jong-Phillips--------
Shaw-Timber-Varane-Lamptey
--------------De Gea------------------

Red_Orchestra

Its been an entire decade without a good pair of midfielders, better yet, a pair that would compliment eachother or even understand eachother.

Tchouameni (just get him no matter what)
An ideal partnership with him would be Neves or Tielemans, but they are unrealistic transfers.

Back Four
Tielemens - Tchouameni
Raphina - Bruno - Sancho

Bondi77

Surely we must have worked out by now that no matter what player we bring to the club it is a waste of money if they fail to perform at the expected level so the only way we can judge a successful window would be at least twelve months afterwards.
No point in creaming your pants over naming players that the media put up as potential targets and say it will be a great window if we get them and they end up being shithouse!

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

My ideal transfer window is we bring in players who fit the system the manager wants to utilize. We stop it with the square pegs round holes crap and we sell anyone who refuses to adapt to the manager.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Perfect (but realistically):

Budget: 120m

In:
Timber 35m
De Jong 60m
Philips 35m (or Kamara 0m)
Nkunku 65m+

Spending: 195m+

Out:
Henderson 30m
AWB 25m
Bailey 10m
Martial 0-10m

Income: 65-75m

Net spending: 120-130m+

Tchouameni and Nunez won't join us, so lets not include them here.

And lets get real with the price too.

For example, there will be lots of interest on Nkunku, who just won BL player of the year (above Lewandwoski and Haaland). Bayern also need a FW to replace Lewandowksi. So I don't really see its possible to have him for anything less than 65m. If there is bidding war, I could even see him going for 75m.

In DM, there are not many options available, as Tchouameni are choosing between Liverpool and Real Madrid, while Kamara has never been linked to us. West Ham has priced Rice totally out of the market (150m), and last time I've heard, Wolves wants 100m for Neves. So realistically we only have De Jong and Philips, who are more obtainable as of now.

As for players sales, we really have to let Martial go, but there is no club who could afford his wage, nor even willing to pay half of it. We would be very very lucky to get a transfer fee for him.

De Gea
Timber Maguire Varane Shaw
De Jong Philips
Sancho Nkunku Bruno
Ronaldo
- I don't really trust Bruno in AM as he is not a playmaker who does build up play in midfield. He is not a possession type of player either. Would rather try him on flank.
- Although Nkunku is a CF who could play anywhere across front 3, he also got amazing stats in AM. Last season he has 15 goals 4 assists in 16 games playing as AM, and 9 goals 7 assists in 17 games as CF. His passing stats is also better than Bruno.
- Timber height is a slight concern playing CB in PL, so I'd rather start him in RB first. Of course, if we have money, I'd rather see we bought another defender to replace Maguire too, but I just don't see this happening yet, may take another season/summer.

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Perfect (but realistically):

Budget: 120m

In:
Timber 35m
De Jong 60m
Philips 35m (or Kamara 0m)
Nkunku 65m+

Spending: 195m+

Out:
Henderson 30m
AWB 25m
Bailey 10m
Martial 0-10m

Income: 65-75m

Net spending: 120-130m+

Tchouameni and Nunez won't join us, so lets not include them here.

And lets get real with the price too.

For example, there will be lots of interest on Nkunku, who just won BL player of the year (above Lewandwoski and Haaland). Bayern also need a FW to replace Lewandowksi. So I don't really see its possible to have him for anything less than 65m. If there is bidding war, I could even see him going for 75m.

In DM, there are not many options available, as Tchouameni are choosing between Liverpool and Real Madrid, while Kamara has never been linked to us. West Ham has priced Rice totally out of the market (150m), and last time I've heard, Wolves wants 100m for Neves. So realistically we only have De Jong and Philips, who are more obtainable as of now.

As for players sales, we really have to let Martial go, but there is no club who could afford his wage, nor even willing to pay half of it. We would be very very lucky to get a transfer fee for him.

De Gea
Timber Maguire Varane Shaw
De Jong Philips
Sancho Nkunku Bruno
Ronaldo
- I don't really trust Bruno in AM as he is not a playmaker who does build up play in midfield. He is not a possession type of player either. Would rather try him on flank.
- Although Nkunku is a CF who could play anywhere across front 3, he also got amazing stats in AM. Last season he has 15 goals 4 assists in 16 games playing as AM, and 9 goals 7 assists in 17 games as CF. His passing stats is also better than Bruno.
- Timber height is a slight concern playing CB in PL, so I'd rather start him in RB first. Of course, if we have money, I'd rather see we bought another defender to replace Maguire too, but I just don't see this happening yet, may take another season/summer.
35 million will only get Phillip’s hair.

Mainoldo

35 million will only get Phillip’s hair.
Relegation his release is £25m

Timber £30m
FDJ £55m
Phillips £25m
Richarlison £50m

Total Spend: £170m

Henderson £30m
Bailly £17m
AWB £25m
Jones £8m
Martial £30m

Total Revenue: £110m

Net Spend: £60m

More than enough money to get a RB and an additional forward.