What would be the perfect Transfer Window for our rebuild?

Devil may care

I think the De Jong and Antony deals are looking promising which would see the team shaping up below.

That leaves another CM, a CB and a RB, I'd say the CB is crucial given Maguire isn't good enough and Varane is injury prone. Unfortunately we might end up sacrificing one of the other positions with either Fred or Dalot starting. :( If that's the case then hopefully we finally sort out midfield, signing De Jong and forcing hm to play with Fred or McTominay is going to lead to problems, there are plenty of good ball winning, technically sound CM's out there without spending crazy money.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I feel that Bruno needs to play on the edge of the opponents box, shadow striker style. Needs to be on the end of chances or the player who plays the final pass etc. Playing him deeper will just lead to us turning over the ball.

Playing him here means we can stack the midfield with three, quick, technically proficient players who can keep the ball and, importantly, win the ball.

sukhy

Tuanzebe
Brandon Williams
Garner
Van De Beek
Pereira
Amad
Martial

Summer rebuild done

Hughie77

I'd take 2 CM or 1. A striker or front man and CB.
If we get FDJ, Anthony, Torres and another I'd be OK with those in this window. If we can get Greenwood back ? That's a plus. Garner comes into it with Hannibal, we got loan players back that may fit into ETHs plans . Rashford needs a rocket up his ass, Maguire well can he be any worse, varane needs to stay fit Elanga has showed he can be a big part this coming season, Martial he may well get his head from out of his ass and play.

There is quality in our squad it showed the season we finished 2nd and Europa league final, the same players were all over the place last season why ?? Let's just hope new regime and they play to there potential.

DSG

I think the De Jong and Antony deals are looking promising which would see the team shaping up below.

That leaves another CM, a CB and a RB, I'd say the CB is crucial given Maguire isn't good enough and Varane is injury prone. Unfortunately we might end up sacrificing one of the other positions with either Fred or Dalot starting. :( If that's the case then hopefully we finally sort out midfield, signing De Jong and forcing hm to play with Fred or McTominay is going to lead to problems, there are plenty of good ball winning, technically sound CM's out there without spending crazy money.
The thought of Dalot as our starting RB just made me hurl. Nope. He must be the worst defending RB in the league. Seriously, I’m not sure of ETH’s plans, but Dalot should not be part of them.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Dont usually get worked up over the transfer window but boy they really know how to make it painful for fans. You would have thought, attainable targets, identified as WANTING to come, where a deal could be struck early would form part of the thought process. Get them in early for preseason and hit the ground running as best as possible. With the internationals coming to a close this week, it looks like a lot of the attainable targets will be keeping their options open for at least two to three weeks.

LuckyScout78

For me:

+ De Jong. Around 60 mill £ with add ons. LCM/DCM. DCM this season. If Fred and Garner are not good enough to win the league. Early in this season. Then i would go for Declan Rice as DCM next summer transfer window on his last year of his contract running out 24. Then Bruno − Rice - De Jong cm trio

+ Eriksen . Free on a one year contract with option for another year depend on his health. RCM

Kenneth Taylor. Ajax. RCM. Market value at 4.5 mill euros. Hit and get when the price is really low for his qualities and abilities. Look at his precise feeling left foot in this videos.

+ Still hope for Raphinha as RW. Or some others at same consistent level and qualities. 40-50 mill £ with add ons

+ Lisandro Martinez. A CB. A natural leader and top fighting and winning mentality from Ajax. 20-30 mill with add ons

+ Tyrell Malacia. Left back. From Feyenord. 20 mill euros with add ons

The math:

De Jong 60 mill £ with add ons
Kenneth Taylor 10 mill with add ons
Raphinha 50 mill £ with add ons
Martinez 30 mill £ with add ons
Tyrell Malacia 20 mill or try to include Telles in the deal. Telles + 10 mill euros
Eriksen on free

sum 150 £ mill + 10-20 mill for Tellen include in Malacia deal = around 170 for 6 really good players

How to line them up? :

Bissaka/Lindelof - Varane/McTom - Martinez/Maguire - Malacia/Shaw + Raphinha - Eriksen/Taylor - Fred/Garner/De JOng - Bruno/De JOng/DVB - Sancho/Rashford/Garnacho + Ronaldo/Rashford

There you have.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Based on some names mentioned as of now, fees, likelihood of signing players from Ajax (just 1 vs 2, or neither)... I'm gonna go with:
  • Frenkie de Jong - 80m
  • Eriksen - free
  • Dumfries - 20m
  • Antony - 45m
It doesn't feel like Timber will leave. Budget not there for more than this. This would give us (imo):
Ronaldo
Sancho Bruno Antony
FdJ McTominay
Shaw Varane Maguire Dumfries
De Gea

Martial
Rashford Eriksen Elanga
Fred Van de Beek
Telles Lindelof Jones Dalot
Heaton​

Just based on likely players staying/leaving, and my guess that Ten Hag will use McTominay instead of Fred as De Jongs partner (or look to train him to be that). Really not big on Mctominay and I really like Fred... Just feel like it's a more natural fit and there's a better chance of it working. Rashford and Eriksen would be rotating in/competing with the front 5 as the main 2. Martial staying til somebody buys him.

jamesjimmybyrondean

If we want to replicate Ten Hag's Ajax then:

Ronaldo
Sancho Bruno Antony
De Jong Sangare
Shaw Torres Varane Dalot
Henderson
Ronaldo = Haller
Sancho = Tadic
Bruno = Berghuis
Antony = Antony
De Jong = Gravenberch
Sangare = Alvarez
Shaw = Blind
Torres = Martinez
Varane = Timber
Dalot = Mazroui
Henderson = Onana

Zed 101

I am alone in kind of preferring us to sign maybe one or three players like Timber who will improve us without being earth shattering, rather than spurt on somebody like FDJ?

Let ETH work with what we have without adding pressure of big signings, whose success or rather failure will have more of an effect on the club

MUFC OK

Dont usually get worked up over the transfer window but boy they really know how to make it painful for fans. You would have thought, attainable targets, identified as WANTING to come, where a deal could be struck early would form part of the thought process. Get them in early for preseason and hit the ground running as best as possible. With the internationals coming to a close this week, it looks like a lot of the attainable targets will be keeping their options open for at least two to three weeks.
We are not a serious football club, as we should know by now. The ambition is not to compete at the top level, as the investment required to do so doesnt make financial sense for these owners.

Lets not forget that we've wiped 900k off our wages already with departures on free transfers. If I'm not mistaken, the first team players are also taking a 25% pay cut due to missing out on top 4. That equates to £53,716,000 less on wages this upcoming season.

Pogba £15m
Cavani £10m
Mata £8m
Matic £6m
Lingard £4m
and
- 25% of remaining salaries £53,716,000

= £96,716,000 less on wages this season versus last season as things stand.

Leonzo1

De Jong
Eriksen
Antony
Timber

I think that's a very decent window. Only gaping hole left in the squad is the RB position but you can't address everything in one window. Fred/Eriksen/Garner are more than capable rotating the second CM position between them based on fotm/opposition.

croadyman

De Jong
Eriksen
Antony
Timber

I think that's a very decent window. Only gaping hole left in the squad is the RB position but you can't address everything in one window. Fred/Eriksen/Garner are more than capable rotating the second CM position between them based on fotm/opposition.
Ahem proper DM

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
De Gea
Mukiele - Varane - Torres - Shaw
Laimer - De Jong
Antony - Bruno - Sancho
Ronaldo

Back-up
AWB - Lindelöf - Maguire - Dalot
Fred - McTominey
Rashford - Eriksen - Garnacho
Martial

Mukiele 10m
Torres 50m
Laimer 15m
De Jong 75m
Antony 40m
Eriksen 0m
= 190m

Sell Henderson (25m), Jones (5m), Telles (15m), Andreas (5m) = 50m.

140m total spent.

Timber would be my first choice for the RB position since we could have him playing rb and as a back up for CB and probably even CDM (and there is a big potential in him but i if the rumors, that he wants to be "promised" a place in the starting line-up, are correct then i wouldnt not fight for him since i want players to be ready to fight for it and not given promises). Another good thing with getting him instead of Torres would be that we can play him as a CB this year and go all in for De Ligt next summer when he will have 1 year left on his contract and move Timber to the RB position. Timber gives us options but Torres is more of a safe card.

Neves would go in our starting eleven togheter with De Jong but Wolves wanting somewhere around 100m is about 50m to much. If we could get him for 50, max 60m, then skip Laimer since him and De Jong are pretty similar and get Neves instead. Or get both if we will play 4-3-3.

Dybala would be a great player to have in the squad, but same problem there, not sure he would be fine to be a squad player and not sure about him fitting in the PL - and the fact that Inter are all over him (even though they might be forced to chose between him and Lukaku since they cant afford both of them). Eriksen has proven himself in the PL and since he has no contract and wont require as high wager as Dybala, i think we should take him because we need to invest next summer again and if we get CL, we should go for 1-2 world class players and keep improving the squad.

There are "better players then the one i "picked", but we need to get players that are here mainly because they want to play for the club and are prepered to be a part of the rebuild togheter with Ten Hag (even though Frenkie probably wanted to stay in Barcelona before they made it clear that they are williing to listen to offers. I have a feeling he will be even better in a team where he is the superstar and we should build our midfield so its suits his qualities. Also having Ten Hag will of course help him.

Last edited:

Primex

. Ronaldo
Sancho. Bruno. Raphinha
. Sangare. De jong.
Raum. Varane. Timber. Gusto
. De gea
Subs: rashford,pellestri,sesko, diallo,Fred, mctominay,ericksen,Kone,shaw, Maguire,lindelof,dalot

croadyman

Sounds daft but a perfect window for the first stage of rebuild is DM, De Jong, Eriksen and someone on right either RWB/RW whichever suits.

Hughie77

2 CM , striker, RB , to start with 4 quality signings needed.
The way it's going we won't get anyone in. ETH could well have been thrown under the bus before he's even started.
If the board do not back him in at least 2 Quality players , he's in for a tough ride.
I do think he will get a better tune out of them than RR did. Let's hope.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
The thought of Dalot as our starting RB just made me hurl. Nope. He must be the worst defending RB in the league. Seriously, I’m not sure of ETH’s plans, but Dalot should not be part of them.
Agreed. He is diabolically poor, and it's shocking (and depressing) that he's about to enter his fifth season as a Manchester United player.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Properly sorting CM would be the best way to spend our budget, I think.
We have history of taking ages and ages to fill the obvious gaps we have.
Centre mid for about a decade.
Right wing for about a decade, seemingly resolved by Sancho. Then it dawning on everyone that he's much better on the left.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Lets at least try to be abit realistic:

De Jong 70m
Ebiowei 0m
Sangare 30m
Malacia 20m

Total: 120m

De Gea
Dalot Varane Maguire Malacia
Sangare De Jong
Ebiowei
Bruno Sancho
Ronaldo

Now don't give us fantasy like we will raise 40/60/70m from players sales. No one wants to buy our players. I repeat, no one wants to buy our players. Our best hope is to loan Henderson with option to buy for 20m. Hence, we only have 120m to spend this summer.

Also, Timber is already off, Eriksen would prefer Spur for sure. Antony will depends whether we are going to spend big on FDJ or not. And of course, FDJ won't come cheap, especially in a market where Tchouameni cost 80m+ and Nunez cost 100m.

But good news is, we can promote some of our promising youngster to the first team squad:

Garner - DM
Garnacho - LW
Meijbri - AM

So that will be like 7 new signings in total.

GK - De Gea
LB - Malacia, Shaw
CB - Varane, Maguire, Lindelof, Bailly
RB - Dalot, AWB
DM/CM - De Jong, Sangare, McFred, Garner
AM - Bruno, VDB, Mejbri
LW - Ebiowei, Elanga, Diallo
RW - Sancho, Garnacho, Rashford
FW - Ronaldo, Martial

Last edited:

Paul778

Lets at least try to be abit realistic:

De Jong 70m
Ebiowei 0m
Sangare 30m
Malacia 20m

Total: 120m

De Gea
Dalot Varane Maguire Malacia
Sangare De Jong
Ebiowei
Bruno Sancho
Ronaldo

Now don't give us fantasy like we will raise 40/60/70m from players sales. No one wants to buy our players. I repeat, no one wants to buy our players. Our best hope is to loan Henderson with option to buy for 20m. Hence, we only have 120m to spend this summer.

Also, Timber is already off, Eriksen would prefer Spur for sure. Antony will depends whether we are going to spend big on FDJ or not. And of course, FDJ won't come cheap, especially in a market where Tchouameni cost 80m+ and Nunez cost 100m.

But good news is, we can promote some of our promising youngster to the first team squad:

Garner - DM
Garnacho - LW
Meijbri - AM

So that will be like 7 new signings in total.
this is the most optimistic we can be but the way things are going i don't expect even four signing

Wing Attack Plan R

Still need to offload some fringe players, then:
- new CB
- new DM
- Frenkie DeJong
- new RB
- promote Garner, Hannibal, to first team and get massively lucky with them working out
- youth team player comes of age early (cf., Rashford, Greenwood)
- miracle signing of brilliant player on no one’s radar

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Still need to offload some fringe players, then:
- new CB
- new DM
- Frenkie DeJong
- new RB
- promote Garner, Hannibal, to first team and get massively lucky with them working out
- youth team player comes of age early (cf., Rashford, Greenwood)
- miracle signing of brilliant player on no one’s radar
You think greenwood is an option?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
:)
side bar: do you think fans would welcome him back? I can see some version of Heard v. Depp taking place in public if the criminal case isn’t made. Assuming he doesn’t go to prison, will he play for us again?
Delete if necessary
I honestly don’t see how he could play for us again

Hughie77

I honestly don’t see how he could play for us again
Agree, are the club waiting until the case goes back to court . If Bail is lifted then there is a chance if not then he's gone . The club to be honest like most have behaved in the right way.
The invested time in his Development has been wasted now.

Red Rash

If we want to replicate Ten Hag's Ajax then:

Ronaldo
Sancho Bruno Antony
De Jong Sangare
Shaw Torres Varane Dalot
Henderson
Ronaldo = Haller
Sancho = Tadic
Bruno = Berghuis
Antony = Antony
De Jong = Gravenberch
Sangare = Alvarez
Shaw = Blind
Torres = Martinez
Varane = Timber
Dalot = Mazroui
Henderson = Onana
I completely understand what you mean by this so don't take it the wrong way but there was something about "Ronaldo = Haller" that made me laugh :lol:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Make a fuss about De Jong and 1000 other ex-Ajax players being signed before preseason, then in reality sign Leandro Paredes on deadline day :drool:

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
Sangare, FdJ, Malacia, Eriksen.

Next year Timber, Antony, de Ligt.