What would convince you that Ole should be made permanent manager?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Frankly if he doesn't win the treble in his first season like Pep did, I fail to see how he can merit it. Pep had Messi, we have lukaku firing on all fronts.
Just Messi?:smirk:

He's even admitted how lucky he was to coach that generation

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
My only reservation is football sexiness which has dipped. But then again our injury list has been huge.

I do think the job is his by any objective measure. He's simply done too well. And there isn't a Pep type manager on the market to offset that. If Zidane is available and in his interview he convinces the board of his ideas, we could go for him. But at the moment everyone believes in Ole and he has to be the first choice IMO.

Like I said, other that acuent in the transfer marker which is yet to be tested, what I want to see from Ole is turning is into a classy outift on the ball. I feel we've slowly regressed in terms of our control of games since his start. At the moment the injuries make it understands but long term results will depend on our footballing excellence so let's see how he does on that front.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
My only reservation is football sexiness which has dipped. But then again our injury list has been huge.

I do think the job is his by any objective measure. He's simply done too well. And there isn't a Pep type manager on the market to offset that. If Zidane is available and in his interview he convinces the board of his ideas, we could go for him. But at the moment everyone believes in Ole and he has to be the first choice IMO.

Like I said, other that acuent in the transfer marker which is yet to be tested, what I want to see from Ole is turning is into a classy outift on the ball. I feel we've slowly regressed in terms of our control of games since his start. At the moment the injuries make it understands but long term results will depend on our footballing excellence so let's see how he does on that front.
What makes you think he's at the interview stage anyway?

SAFMUTD

Im convinced already, but we should offer him a 1 year plus 1 year option contract, he has been REALLY great until now but he is a long way from being a proven manager. A one year contract plus clause to trigger another one seems the right way to go.

We have been giving really long contracts to managers lately and paying the off, I saw the other day a note that Moyes contract would only ran out until the end of this season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What makes you think he's at the interview stage anyway?
He's not. Ole will be the next United manager. I believe he's convinced everyone and he's earned the opportunity. I meant that more from the perspective of in case the club wants to carry our discussions with a few candidates and truly rates him as highly as somebody like Pep (I don't), that and his achievements can counter the last few months of Ole.

Like I said though, it will be Ole and fairly so.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
- If he guided us to a good league finish e.g. top 4. ON COURSE
- If he played good, attacking football regularly. CHECK
- If we see improvements in our players. CHECK
- If we see a better atmosphere around Old Trafford. CHECK
- If he brings back a feel-good factor to the club. CHECK CHECK CHECK
Give him the job!

OleTheGreat

It is ridiculous that people think they need more from Ole. He's been in United for so many many years and knows exactly what we need. The guy has a bloodline at this club, he loves United and that should say enough. Say we bring in Poch in the summer, you people think he'll get going right away? There is so much he needs to learn about us before he has any chance of an impact at United. I'm aboard the Ole train and i think he has done everything right from the day he got in. Mind you, we were 11 points adrift top 4 and today we're thinking we can try and put pressure on PSG in the second leg. The football has not been really amazing but i see a huge future for these boys and i certainly think we can challenge for the title if we back Ole in the summer. He knows what we exactly need. The one thing that impressed me the most is getting rid of Fellaini, hahaha.

Ole all the way!

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I'd like to know that we haven't just gone or one person again and not considered anyone else. It's failed three times already. I'd like them to at least speak to Max Allegri

Shez

I'd like to know that we haven't just gone or one person again and not considered anyone else. It's failed three times already. I'd like them to at least speak to Max Allegri
By all accounts we had talked to 5 other people before Moyes, and probably had some people who ranked lower than him as well
LVG recruitment approach was flawed but thorough too apparently
Mourinho was an opportunistic gamble which miserably failed
This time, at least at some level conversations would have happened with managers or their agents, not to mention a look at how the ones currently managing have been performing in the same time frame, which in itself is an involuntary interview process. Sometimes when its right, its right. Ole has done nothing at this point to warrant us taking a gamble on someone else

Tony247

- Treble this season
- GD of 100
- win Britain Got Talent

That would do

PGLFC91

Supports
Liverpool
There will be uproar if he does not get it. And not just from the fans but the players.

• You have come from 11 points away from 4th to possibly favourites and maybe even third.
  • Your defense is now solid and you are also playing attractive attacking football.
  • His overall persona and the way he talks has been brilliant
  • The form of Paul Pogba and now even Lukaku
  • Etc etc etc
And that is coming from a Liverpool fan!

Reactions: Sultan

ChaddyP

I do agree. The sexiness has dipped. But there are so many factors that I can put that to. As you mentioned injury list is a huge issue. We are down to bare bones in midfield and attack. Honestly only Lukaku at this point is fully fit as our attacking threat.

Apart from that I think ole needs a pre season to train those guys into getting fitter and developing better patters of play for us to be able to do what he essentially wants. We haven't been able to do that much as we have been having so many matches mid week . Players are tired, minds are tired, it's all about results at this point and doing everything to get the win. I look forward to seeing the team after giving ole a transfer window and a proper pre season to train the lads

SteveW

Ole has it.

If Ed gave it to someone else and that person failed, Ed would be considered the biggest idiot in all of football. He can give it to Ole with almost universal approval. He's already proved he can do the job and the players love him. It's the easiest decision of all time.

Sentient Meat

I certainly wouldn't be upset if Ole gets the job, but I'd like to see him either recruit or groom a world class player before I'd hire him. I suppose that will be the job of the new Director of Football, but it would be comforting to see that he was capable of attracting and/or identifying that type of talent. He's still playing with Van Gaal and Jose's players.

Moriarty

You're missing the point IMO.

Zidane had a connection to the club and fans.He's a RM legend, he isn't at Utd nor can he ever have the same status.

He won't feel the same way about promoting youth;it'll be about spending big and instant success. We've had that with 2 managers. We don't need a 'name' anymore. It's a different time, players think differently.

What the feck would he know about kids from Wythenshaw, how they live etc? Ole at least made Manchester his home for years. He gets the psyche.

Not saying Zidane would never be a great coach somewhere but PSG/Marseilles are his best bets IMO
Actually, I didn't say I wanted ZZ at United. I want Ole first and foremost. I was just commenting on his achievements at Real which wasn't all about him being gifted a great set of players.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
You're missing the point IMO.

Zidane had a connection to the club and fans.He's a RM legend, he isn't at Utd nor can he ever have the same status.

He won't feel the same way about promoting youth;it'll be about spending big and instant success. We've had that with 2 managers. We don't need a 'name' anymore. It's a different time, players think differently.

What the feck would he know about kids from Wythenshaw, how they live etc? Ole at least made Manchester his home for years. He gets the psyche.

Not saying Zidane would never be a great coach somewhere but PSG/Marseilles are his best bets IMO
This is speculation, he may just like trusting youth more. Not saying he does or would, just saying that this is pure speculation. What does Poch knows about kids from Milton Keynes?

Agree though we don't need a name, we need a manager that wants to play an attacking brand and wants to develop young players. Ole fits the bill

gza the genius

It's kind of funny because for me, his huge success so far has raised my expectations for him. I find myself thinking he needs to get top 4, he needs to get to a cup final et etc. At the end of the day though if you would've shown anyone his results so far before he was hired I doubt there'd be anyone doubting whether he should get the job or not.

I think the job is his bar some sort of complete disaster of an end to the season.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
It's kind of funny because for me, his huge success so far has raised my expectations for him. I find myself thinking he needs to get top 4, he needs to get to a cup final et etc. At the end of the day though if you would've shown anyone his results so far before he was hired I doubt there'd be anyone doubting whether he should get the job or not.

I think the job is his bar some sort of complete disaster of an end to the season.
Well if the gza is saying it, then how can anyone disagree?

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
You had me for a minute until the last bit:lol:
Yeah weren't entirely serious ;) There are plenty who aren't too far off that in expectations though tbf, it's like they don't remember the state we were in before he took the helm. A sinking ship in flames.

I certainly wouldn't be upset if Ole gets the job, but I'd like to see him either recruit or groom a world class player before I'd hire him. I suppose that will be the job of the new Director of Football, but it would be comforting to see that he was capable of attracting and/or identifying that type of talent. He's still playing with Van Gaal and Jose's players.
Surely that point usually goes in favor of Ole, no? The guy's come in and worked a small miracle, forging the players he inherited in to an attacking system - something we haven't seen at United in years and only a couple months ago were convinced by a certain somebody that it is simply impossible to do so with this group of players.

Ole has shown many qualities since arriving, but I think what has impressed me the most is how quickly he's got to grips with the make up of our squad and has shown a tactical versatility, adapting to things like injuries while also being able to attack the weaknesses of our opponents. I think he's been slightly underrated by some in this department.

Plenty of managers out there with more experience, but Ole is learning and he's learning quick. Furthermore, the players love him and the way he speaks of Man United - like there is no obstacle too big for us simply because we are Man United.

Rajma

Anyone who doesn’t want Ole to manage us next season at this stage or have reservations and worries simply doesn’t get this club.

rpg

Results speak better than anything else. As long as Ole can get results on the pitch, club shouldn't consider anyone else. I was pretty convinced Van Gaal would do a good job back then. And even more convinced with Mourinho due to his 2nd season success. But look at what happened.

Tarrou

I would not judge him on results alone although obviously its important.

Chelsea gave Di Matteo the job after he fluked the UCL but he was obviously quite shit. It needs to be so much more than results, he needs to perform well in lots of areas but an attractive style of play and attacking football would go a long way.

Like Fergie in his first few years, the results weren't always there but the powers that be could see him excelling at his job overall, and expecting the results to come. It's gonna take a lot of effort to turn this ship around.
Turns out I was completely wrong here, it didn't take Ole much effort to turn the ship around at all. He just turned it right away!

Eddy_JukeZ

Yeah I really hope once we get back to full fitness, we start controlling the ball better.

Our shape lately is a bit too direct and I think we've struggled moving the ball as well as we did at the start under Ole.

redmanx

If there's a realistic chance of getting Pochettino in the summer then Solskjaer would have to win the European Cup to stay on in my opinion.

Pochettino seems to be the absolute perfect Utd manager.
Why? What makes him "perfect?"

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Why? What makes him "perfect?"
I Personally cant see anything apart from a mild sense of attacking style and the encouragement of youth. He's not fit for United. He doesn't inspire anyone.

GiddyUp

Just watched him on NBC premiere league download, he is everything this club needs right now. If it's not Ole I really think I will cry. I also feel that if it is him then this summer there will be no superstars signed, just really good/solid players for positions that need filling. No fecking about with Dybala for 100mil, just players that can compliment the players we have.
Of course a few will have to go but I have new found confidence in our attitude and feel some players can take it up a few notches.

redmanx

I Personally cant see anything apart from a mild sense of attacking style and the encouragement of youth. He's not fit for United. He doesn't inspire anyone.
He certainly doesn't inspire me, he'll keep Spurs in the top 4, or thereabouts, and maybe they'll win a cup now and then; is that what we want for United? Ole wants to bring back the glory days, his vision of United is the same as ours, same as Fergies, same as Sir Matts. OK, we've won nothing with Ole in charge yet, but the potential is there and he hasn't had his vision of how the game should be played corrupted by owners/directors who see success as numbers on a balance sheet. It could just be that Ole is our new Fergie, a manager who loves the club and its supporters above all else.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Post Jose I wanted Poch above all else. It was such a surprise when Ole landed and I was a little apprehensive and still wanted Poch.

Seriously though, I don’t understand why there is anyone on this forum that isn’t wanting Ole to get the job now or still pining for Poch. What more could anyone do? Amazing.

If anything Poch has shown weaknesses since Ole came.

reddaz71

Got complete confidence in Ole, however zero confidence that Woodward can do the right thing.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
I don’t think we can judge Ole negatively until he’s brought in his own players. By then it could obviously be too late. Or could prove it was the best appointment ever. We just don’t know...but we can’t blame him if this team fails to achieve anything. He’s doing all the right things re motivation and his tactics have been mainly good. If the team ultimately isn’t good enough, or is not as good as others, it’s not down to Ole...unless he makes some inexplicable team choices, but it’s just all conjecture atm.

Last edited:

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I have always loved and respected Ole since his playing days. Anything I write about his long term management of the club will be heart over matter. Take no notice my posts regards Ole.

Give him a lifetime contract as manager and DoF. :smirk:

Last edited:

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Ole should also bring in Evra in some capacity and Rafael back in the squad. They get the club.

Paul InceUlt

Ole is our man!
I’m really worried about the injury situation though.
Football is black or white, win or loose. I fear that injuries will make it difficult to keep the momentum going, that we will start loosing more than producing wins. Regardless of what people are saying now, I belive that if this was to happen a shift in opinion, to some degree, is inevitable....but let’s not panic.
Ole needs to be given more time. No matter what happens his work won’t be in vain. Never again will we see a JM/LVG type of manager set his foot on Old Trafford. If Ole fails, that will be his legacy... I’ll take that, it’s worth it.

We need an rvn

Ole should also bring in Evra in some capacity and Rafael back in the squad. They get the club.
Isn't Evra already an ambassador for the club now? Sure he was seen at OT a number of times recently. Love the passion the guy brings to the club and would be great to see him involved more, but we already look pretty top heavy with Ole's 3 amigos as assistants.