What would make you change your opinion on Ole

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
C. I guess Ole gets no credit for his tactics when beating City, Spurs and drawing with Liverpool.

D. Maguire, AWB, James and Bruno in two windows is a very good start. If he signs two more players of quality in the summer that would truly be 3 great windows.

E. These guys will be gone once he has replacements. You can't gut your squad overnight.

I don't know enough about the club workings to comment on A and B. However, good transfer windows will negate the need for a DOF to an extent. That's been my beef.
C- He's got one tactic ie counter attack football which can be frustrating against top clubs but is useless against the small clubs who are happy with a draw. There's a reason that we've got the worst start since 1989. The manager is pretty much in the middle of it

B- Bruno has been scouted for more then a year and a half. Its too early to comment on that one. James has pace but that's pretty much it. He seem to have regressed with us. 50m for a fullback who can't attack is a bit excessive while 80m for Maguire is an absolute joke especially since that meant loaning a slight downgrade to him to Roma with the prospect of losing him on the cheap. Leicester must have laughed their way to the bank. They are certainly laughing at their 3rd place while we're lingering at what? 9th place?

E- Well that's exactly what Ole did

That's the thing they weren't good transfer windows at all. A decent manager wouldn't blow his entire budget on 2 defenders (who are decent but hardly WC) when the midfield is non existent. He also wouldn't let his most consistent goalscorer go when his alternative are two players who seem more comfortable on the flanks then upfront and he would certainly not let anyone goes unless replacements are brought in first. Those are rookie mistakes done by a rookie who had tanked at any managerial role he had which was above amateur level.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
He gets some credit sure, but the best teams make up 25% of the league matches. LVG had a good record vs the top teams too, no-one cared.

The main priority is what we do vs the 75% of the league no? Teams have been coming to OT and playing deep vs us forever. He has not got us any closer to breaking down these defences, since he first arrived. To the contrary, the league have got us figured out completely. It is unacceptable to me, that the problem we face every week for months, there is zero progress. Is that acceptable to you?

That is what people mean when they say ''he actually shows he knows what he's doing in terms of tactics.''
My answer to that is quality. You need quality midfielders who have the creativity to make the killer pass to unlock a defense. We've had Lingard, Andreas and Mata playing as the 10 most of the season. Do you see a problem? Tactics can only take you so far because you need quality to execute the tactics. I'm betting our results will improve considerably with Bruno and, hopefully, Pogba back soon.

Alabaster Codify7

My answer to that is quality. You need quality midfielders who have the creativity to make the killer pass to unlock a defense. We've had Lingard, Andreas and Mata playing as the 10 most of the season. Do you see a problem? Tactics can only take you so far because you need quality to execute the tactics. I'm betting our results will improve considerably with Bruno and, hopefully, Pogba back soon.
Bigtime, I see a bigtime problem. In fact, I see two bigtime problems - those three players and the fact that our manager didn't see this as a problem. Ole has overseen a summer that saw 2/3 of those complete non-entities given new fecking contracts on his watch. Lingard will probably be next to get a new contract, all signed off and approved by the manager who seems to love and rate him.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Nonsense. What a cop-out. If you believe that, then what is the point of managers? When Pogba was playing earlier in the season, Ole was playing him as a defensive mid, with ''Lingard, Andreas & Mata as 10'' instead. Why do you have to say about that?

Answer this. Teams have been coming to OT and playing deep vs us forever. The problem we face every week for months, there is zero progress. That is acceptable to you? You believe the manager has no input into this?

gerdm07

C- He's got one tactic ie counter attack football which can be frustrating against top clubs but is useless against the small clubs who are happy with a draw. There's a reason that we've got the worst start since 1989. The manager is pretty much in the middle of it

B- Bruno has been scouted for more then a year and a half. Its too early to comment on that one. James has pace but that's pretty much it. He seem to have regressed with us. 50m for a fullback who can't attack is a bit excessive while 80m for Maguire is an absolute joke especially since that meant loaning a slight downgrade to him to Roma with the prospect of losing him on the cheap. Leicester must have laughed their way to the bank. They are certainly laughing at their 3rd place while we're lingering at what? 9th place?

E- Well that's exactly what Ole did

That's the thing they weren't good transfer windows at all. A decent manager wouldn't blow his entire budget on 2 defenders (who are decent but hardly WC) when the midfield is non existent. He also wouldn't let his most consistent goalscorer go when his alternative are two players who seem more comfortable on the flanks then upfront and he would certainly not let anyone goes unless replacements are brought in first. Those are rookie mistakes done by a rookie who had tanked at any managerial role he had which was above amateur level.
C. See reply to Majima.

B. If you do not think Maguire is an upgrade from Smalling, well, I'm not sure what to say without insulting you. Yes, we paid too much for both AWB and Maguire, so what? Our defense is much better this year than last, period. Hopefully it will get even better next year. And no, I don't have statistics to back me up, I just watch and know we have better defenders now.

C. True, he didn't replace some players but I'm pretty sure he tried. My point is you seem to want to ship 3 or 4 players out right now regardless of consequences to the squad. Good managers of any business are usually smarter than that and wait for the right time to get rid of the deadwood.

gerdm07

Nonsense. What a cop-out. If you believe that, then what is the point of managers? When Pogba was playing earlier in the season, Ole was playing him as a defensive mid, with ''Lingard, Andreas & Mata as 10'' instead. Why do you have to say about that?

Answer this. Teams have been coming to OT and playing deep vs us forever. The problem we face every week for months, there is zero progress. That is acceptable to you? You believe the manager has no input into this?
Well that's an easy one. Fred was useless and McT was still getting his footing in the PL the first month of the campaign. The couldn't be trusted to anchor the midfield. Unfortunately, Ole didn't have a choice but to play Pogba further back in many matches because we lacked QUALITY.

And I think things will be better with Bruno pulling the strings. You really think he won't help because Ole is inept?

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Well that's an easy one. Fred was useless and McT was still getting his footing in the PL the first month of the campaign. The couldn't be trusted to anchor the midfield. Unfortunately, Ole didn't have a choice but to play Pogba further back in many matches because we lacked QUALITY.

And I think things will be better with Bruno pulling the strings. You really think he won't help because Ole is inept?
We had Matic? But Ole was too busy freezing him out at the time... I think you are overestimating his impact under dysfunctional management. What did he do vs Wolves?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I'm at the point when I need the team to surpass Everton in the league table to have any expectation whatsoever.

gerdm07

We had Matic? But Ole was too busy freezing him out at the time... I think you are overestimating his impact under dysfunctional management. What did he do vs Wolves?
Maybe a good point about Matic. However, Matic was pretty poor the end of last season and many managers would have made the decision that he is not up to the PL anymore.

At the moment Wolves have a better attacking 3 than we do. When managers see that balance they usually employ a more defensive unit, hence Bruno had to play further back. Pretty logical really. If you go for it, you probably lose the match.

Crashoutcassius

So many threads are at loggerheads at the moment between Ole in and Ole out, both have good points, but I read the same arguments every day to the point of distraction and it's rare that anyone concedes anything, everything feels very entrenched and polarised.

So Ole in posters what would it take to change your position?

How low could the win rate percentage drop? or how low would you go in the league this season before you change your mind?

And Ole out posters, how many wins on the trot would change your mind, which signings in the summer might make you think again?

What does Ole do that changes anyone's opinion?
I think if the club put together a team at the top and a plan for the future I'd be happy to change managers. Leavings things as is the idea of putting in allegri or someone with a totally different approach, resigning a lukaku style striker for 95m, pushing our average age back up etc only to sack him in 24 months and swing again... just seems insane that anyone would want this over what we have now which is at least cohesive and often exciting. Also seems insane that anyone thinks this isn't what would happen if we just appoint allegri with no further plan than to 'back him' but these are the same slow thinkers that said mourinho and lvg guaranteed success

In summary I don't think we should make any major changes until the people are in place to make these decisions... I thought it was important that we swapped mourinho out as he was wasting our good talent and making the squad worse, i have confidence ole is at least making the squad better and including our young talent

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
That's it, isn't it. When he was caretaker, there was literally no pressure at all on him and he didnt think he'd be fortunate enough to get offered the job - the board were literally telling the press they were conducting a search for a permanent manager, there was no mention of 'Ole might get the job if he does well'. I do believe that deep down he knows he's out of his depth and was the beneficiary of a crazy perfect storm of conditions that led him to be offered his dream job. This is why he's so risk adverse, he's clinging onto the job with his fingernails and refuses to take any kind of gamble in case it speeds up his exit.

Funny enough, I can see a situation where in about 2yrs he looks back on this and thinks "if only I had taken more risks - I might still be in the job".

He's basically squandering his dream job. He will never get an opportunity like this again and he's letting it slip away by managing Man United with the attitude of someone like Alan Pardew.
Yeah. Even though i'm at the point where i would be doing cartwheels to see him gone, it's not nice to see and there's a part of me that wants to see him come out fighting & at least go out on his sword. If he was to do that, who knows what might happen?

devilish

C. See reply to Majima.

B. If you do not think Maguire is an upgrade from Smalling, well, I'm not sure what to say without insulting you. Yes, we paid too much for both AWB and Maguire, so what? Our defense is much better this year than last, period. Hopefully it will get even better next year. And no, I don't have statistics to back me up, I just watch and know we have better defenders now.

C. True, he didn't replace some players but I'm pretty sure he tried. My point is you seem to want to ship 3 or 4 players out right now regardless of consequences to the squad. Good managers of any business are usually smarter than that and wait for the right time to get rid of the deadwood.
C- That's nonsense. Ole blew his entire budget on defence in total disregard of midfield. It was under his watch that Mata was given a contract extension as well. He can't blame the club for not adding midfielders after he spent 130m and he didn't spent a penny in midfield

B- I said that he is a slight upgrade on Smalling but he's certainly not worth 80m And yes, its a concern because we're not a bottomless money pit. Which explains why we didn't got the CM we needed during the summer. Someone with a little bit of experience would have known that.

C-Well he gutted the squad, we didn't got replacements and he genuinely thought he could get away with it (ie do you remember the Periera, Garner, Chong and Gomez are ready BS?) which he didn't. Instead he kept playing the same players again and again in total disregard of what fatigue would do to players. Let's hope that Rashy's injury isn't as bleak as RVP stated else we risk having caused a potentially career crippling to one of the brightest talents we had since the class of 92.

Ah and I almost forgot. A manager with a bit of sense and experience would acknowledge the limitations of his squad, he would have aimed for 1-2 targets and he would completely ignore meaningless cups like the FA cup and the carling cup. Meanwhile he would make sure not to play Pogba and Rashford before they were properly fit. Instead Ole went for everything and played Pogba against Rochdale which lead to extreme fatigue in our ranks and injuries. He should thank his lucky stars that our team didn't pick a horde of injuries while playing in Tranmere's potato's field. But there again, that what you get from an inexperienced manager who had never ever been successful outside amateur level.

Last edited:

Lentwood

Maguire 80m = quick fix. (what else can you call it?)
Matic, Jones, Young = mediocre senior players
Pereira, Lingard = not talented and young

Passing the buck = compare himself to Klopp and Sir Alex, talk about needing time and all the other cringeworthy stuff he pulls out of his hat whenever we lose or draw a game.
Maguire is 26

I must have missed Solskjaer signing Matic, Young, Jones, Pereira and Lingard

Young has been moved on, Jones and Lingard have hardly started and Matic has only been playing since McTom got injured

Football fans are so impatient now, I blame the media

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Time to take the handbrake off now, it might be his dream job and salary but if he’s keeps going as he is he’s getting the sack at end of the season.

He’s scared to mess it up at the moment, as you say when he was caretaker he said all the right things now it’s like a different person. He also had plenty to say when he was Molde manager and Jose finished second, now he’s Moyes 2.0.

If going to go down at least have a go and stop being so passive and cautious, he’ll regret it if he doesn’t because he’s never managing at anything like this level again.
Agree completely. His naive quotes when he was Molde manager about Jose, to how he is now... he certainly doesn't feel that, now that he has got to experience it himself.

Lentwood

C- That's nonsense. Ole blew his entire budget on defence in total disregard of midfield. It was under his watch that Mata was given a contract extension as well. He can't blame the club for not adding midfielders after he spent 130m and he didn't spent a penny in midfield
More short term thinking. Solskjaer didn’t blow his entire budget on the defence, he spent one summers transfer funds on the defence.

This year he will start spending money on midfielders and attackers, starting with Bruno

Build from the back. It’s not a new concept and it’s not Ole’s fault the squad needed major surgery in several positions when he took the job

devilish

More short term thinking. Solskjaer didn’t blow his entire budget on the defence, he spent one summers transfer funds on the defence.

This year he will start spending money on midfielders and attackers, starting with Bruno

Build from the back. It’s not a new concept and it’s not Ole’s fault the squad needed major surgery in several positions when he took the job
That's incredibly silly. No serious manager would blow 130m in defence only to start the season with such huge hole in CM. Ultimately managers are assessed after the end of the season and there was no possible scenario that this would have ended well for us especially with such weaknesses in CM.

Also 80m for Maguire? 3rd place Leicester are probably still laughing at us for that.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

You believe our priorities were correct in the summer?

Bruno was available for £60m in the summer. You can't tell me that purchasing Maguire for £80m & losing Smalling in the process was an intelligent decision over upgrading the midfield/attack which we all knew beforehand was crying out for serious upgrades.

I think the upgrade on Smalling with Maguire is minimal for the cost paid, and the opportunity cost for not being able to bring in a quality experienced attacker or midfielder, i question heavily. The defence wasn't a massive problem under Mourinho, our lack of goals and creativity was the bigger problem i would say. Solskjaer's decision to not strengthen these areas with quality to me is highly questionable.

When he had already been here months before, and seen the same problems we're facing now, (lack of creativity/quality in attack), to think that he would neglect all that and prioritise defence instead is mind boggling.

We have Lingard playing AM, who hasn't contributed anything in a year.

Yet Ole spends £130m on defence & £15m on a young Championship winger... priorites indeed.

If you want to talk about general concepts. I much prefer attack is the best form of defence. We invite the pressure onto our self before the match has begun, if the opponent has nothing to worry about themselves.

Last edited:

gerdm07

B- I said that he is a slight upgrade on Smalling but he's certainly not worth 80m And yes, its a concern because we're not a bottomless money pit. Which explains why we didn't got the CM we needed during the summer. Someone with a little bit of experience would have known that.

C-Well he gutted the squad, we didn't got replacements and he genuinely thought he could get away with it (ie do you remember the Periera, Garner, Chong and Gomez are ready BS?) which he didn't. Instead he kept playing the same players again and again in total disregard of what fatigue would do to players. Let's hope that Rashy's injury isn't as bleak as RVP stated else we risk having caused a potentially career crippling to one of the brightest talents we had since the class of 92.

Ah and I almost forgot. A manager with a bit of sense and experience would acknowledge the limitations of his squad, he would have aimed for 1-2 targets and he would completely ignore meaningless cups like the FA cup and the carling cup. Meanwhile he would make sure not to play Pogba and Rashford before they were properly fit. Instead Ole went for everything and played Pogba against Rochdale which lead to extreme fatigue in our ranks and injuries. He should thank his lucky stars that our team didn't pick a horde of injuries while playing in Tranmere's potato's field. But there again, that what you get from an inexperienced manager who had never ever been successful outside amateur level.
I don't see how you can lay all the blame regarding Pogba and Rashford's injuries on Ole. There is a medical and training staff that determine if a player is good to go. Now if you have proof that Ole overruled his staff in these cases then, yes, he deserves blame and the club should take that into consideration in whether to retain him as manager. However, if you have no proof of such a thing, you have no right to blame Ole. Injuries happen, it's part of football and prevention measures only help so much.

devilish

I don't see how you can lay all the blame regarding Pogba and Rashford's injuries on Ole. There is a medical and training staff that determine if a player is good to go. Now if you have proof that Ole overruled his staff in these cases then, yes, he deserves blame and the club should take that into consideration in whether to retain him as manager. However, if you have no proof of such a thing, you have no right to blame Ole. Injuries happen, it's part of football and prevention measures only help so much.
Well, we started the season with a ridiculously thin fault cause the manager preferred blowing 130m in defence rather then tackling midfield. That's what I call starting the season on the wrong foot. Anyway, an experienced manager would acknowledge how thin his squad is and prioritise (Europa league and maybe the EPL?). That wasn't Ole's way though who kept playing the same players again and again irrespective whether we played Liverpool or Tranmere. That of course leads to fatigue and wear and tear problems which in turn lead the manager to ask players to do more sacrifices for the cause which in turn lead to more injuries. Managers do ask players to make sacrifices, even potentially career threatened ones. We did that to Blomqvist during the CL final for example.

Also note that the training staff is chosen by the manager. Maybe its time he adds more experience instead of matey Carrick, Mckenna, Dempsey and Hartis

Ole is lucky that we didn't lost any more pieces when he fielded a near full team in Tranmere's potato field.

devilish

You believe our priorities were correct in the summer?

Bruno was available for £60m in the summer. You can't tell me that purchasing Maguire for £80m & losing Smalling in the process was an intelligent decision over upgrading the midfield/attack which we all knew beforehand was crying out for serious upgrades.

ST>AM>RW>CM>Defence for me.

When he had already been here months before, and seen the same problems we're facing now, (lack of creativity/quality in attack), to think that he would neglect all that and prioritise defence instead is mind boggling.

I think the upgrade on Smalling with Maguire is minimal for the cost paid, and the opportunity cost for not being able to bring in a quality experienced attacker or midfielder, i question heavily. The defence wasn't a massive problem under Mourinho, our lack of goals and creativity was the bigger problem i would say. Solskjaer's decision to not strengthen these areas with quality to me is questionable.

We have Lingard playing AM, who hasn't contributed anything in a year, it's a joke.

Yet Ole spends £130m on defence & £15m on a young Championship winger... priorites indeed.

If you want to talk about general concepts. I much prefer attack is the best form of defence. We invite the pressure onto our self before the match has begun, if the opponent has nothing to worry about themselves.
80m for Maguire. 3rd place Leicester might still be laughing at us for that.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
80m for Maguire. 3rd place Leicester might still be laughing at us for that.
Daylight robbery that one. I never wanted him in the beginning and i think his performances since he arrived, have left a lot to be desired.

He's not a defensive organiser, his time to close down is suspect, he turns like an oil tanker and he's prone to being caught out of position on the counter. Two relatively slow defenders in Lindelof & Maguire didn't make much sense to begin with either. £80m too, dear me.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

You talk about planning. Ole never arrived in the summer. He had been here since the December. Ole and the club had months to prepare in advance.

We knew we were losing experienced players in advance. We knew we lacked a playmaker to take the burden off Pogba. We knew we lacked the controlling midfield player. We knew we had trouble protecting the defence in midfield. We knew about our issues vs deep defences. We knew we lacked goalscorers. These problems are nothing new to us. They were here last season. We were told to wait for the summer, we've surely got it under control.

Knowing all of this in advance, what midfielders or attackers did we surely bring in, you would assume?

All part of the master plan though isn't it?

devilish

Daylight robbery that one. I never wanted him in the beginning and i think his performances since he arrived, have left a lot to be desired.

He's not a defensive organiser, he turns like an oil tanker and he's prone to being caught out of position on the counter. Two relatively slow defenders in Lindelof & Maguire didn't make much sense to begin with either. £80m too, dear me.
I wrote posts on him at the time and got absolutely bombarded because of it. Maguire is a decent but hardly a WC defender. His physically imposing and he can pass the ball but that is all. Anyone saying so is shitting over Rio's, Stam's and Vidic's memory who were ten times the defender he is. If Maguire wasn't British then he'll probably cost us half that fee.

gerdm07

Well, we started the season with a ridiculously thin fault cause the manager preferred blowing 130m in defence rather then tackling midfield. That's what I call starting the season on the wrong foot. Anyway, an experienced manager would acknowledge how thin his squad is and prioritise (Europa league and maybe the EPL?). That wasn't Ole's way though who kept playing the same players again and again irrespective whether we played Liverpool or Tranmere. That of course leads to fatigue and wear and tear problems which in turn lead the manager to ask players to do more sacrifices for the cause which in turn lead to more injuries. Managers do ask players to make sacrifices, even potentially career threatened ones. We did that to Blomqvist during the CL final for example.

Also note that the training staff is chosen by the manager. Maybe its time he adds more experience instead of matey Carrick, Mckenna, Dempsey and Hartis

Ole is lucky that we didn't lost any more pieces when he fielded a near full team in Tranmere's potato field.
I can see an altered past:

1. Ole does not buy a CD in the summer and you and others write he is an idiot, even Mou wanted another CD.
2. Ole plays more youth in more matches and you and others complain about the poor results and want Ole out.
3. Ole plays a really young squad at Tranmere and we get knocked out of the cup. You and others complain and want Ole out.
4. Ole fires his medical and training staff and you and others complain about his shortsighted managing.

Do you really think Ole decided to not buy any Forwards and Midfielders last summer? Really? Or do you think he and the club tried but nothing good developed? What's the more likely scenario?

RyRy11

Not Ole out yet, champions league qualification is pretty much the only thing that matters. I would only want him moved on at the end of the season if the perfect coach is available not just to sign whatever joe bloggs is out of a job

devilish

You talk about planning. Ole never arrived in the summer. He had been here since the December. Ole and the club had months to prepare in advance.

We knew we were losing experienced players in advance. We knew we lacked a playmaker to take the burden off Pogba. We knew we lacked the controlling midfield player. We knew we had trouble protecting the defence in midfield. We knew about our issues vs deep defences. We knew we lacked goalscorers. These problems are nothing new to us. They were here last season. We were told to wait for the summer, we've surely got it under control.

Knowing all of this in advance, what midfielders or attackers did we surely bring in, you would assume?

We also knew that Pogba wanted to leave and by keeping here we were signing in for trouble especially considering whose his agent is. Surely someone with some experience would know that.

3KDré

Nothing. He is out of his depth. We average 1.4 points per game, if we keep this rate until the end of the season that's 53 points, which would have got us 9th last year. 9th.

devilish

I can see an altered past:

1. Ole does not buy a CD in the summer and you and others write he is an idiot, even Mou wanted another CD.
2. Ole plays more youth in more matches and you and others complain about the poor results and want Ole out.
3. Ole plays a really young squad at Tranmere and we get knocked out of the cup. You and others complain and want Ole out.
4. Ole fires his medical and training staff and you and others complain about his shortsighted managing.

Do you really think Ole decided to not buy any Forwards and Midfielders last summer? Really? Or do you think he and the club tried but nothing good developed? What's the more likely scenario?
1. I never said he shouldn't have signed a CB. However 80m for Maguire is crazy. Its like a working class person who need transportation to go to work. Instead of him buying a bus season ticket or a car he goes on buying a land rover for the price of a Ferrari
2. Youths are great but you simply can't rely on them to fill certain gaping holes especially in a team with little talent and zero leadership. We keep mentioning the class of 92. However what many fail to mention is that they were older then the likes of Garner are, they were put in a team that had some real leaders and quality and they were phased in slowly. There's a good way of doing things and an amateur way of doing things. Sir Alex did the former, Ole well, the latter.
3. And that what we should have done.Our squad is simply too thin to challenge for everything. Sir Alex did threw cups away as well. Also if the kids are that good then surely they can beat Tranmere right? FFS we're talking about a club who are in the relegation zone of League 1.
4. I don't think that there's any Carrick fans around in here (as coach) or anywhere else really. The guy really got the job out of pure nepotism. Also no one stopped Ole to bring in some top coaches instead of his mates Dempsey and Hartis did they?

Lentwood

That's incredibly silly. No serious manager would blow 130m in defence only to start the season with such huge hole in CM. Ultimately managers are assessed after the end of the season and there was no possible scenario that this would have ended well for us especially with such weaknesses in CM.

Also 80m for Maguire? 3rd place Leicester are probably still laughing at us for that.
It’s only silly if you’re incapable of considering anything further ahead than the current season....

Foxbatt

he is a populist manager. He talks the right talk but cannot walk the walk. He sold Fellaini and did not strengthen the squad. I know Fellaini is the most unpopular player but by selling him Ole has weakened the squad considerably. He is a charlatan.

the chameleon

He's not a defensive organiser, his time to close down is suspect, he turns like an oil tanker and he's prone to being caught out of position on the counter. Two relatively slow defenders in Lindelof & Maguire didn't make much sense to begin with either. £80m too, dear me.
He's a decent player but at £80m you would expect a world class defender. That he is not. He is a £45m defender.

the chameleon

For me this table sums every debate up. How do you justify him been given another season?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
he is a populist manager. He talks the right talk but cannot walk the walk. He sold Fellaini and did not strengthen the squad. I know Fellaini is the most unpopular player but by selling him Ole has weakened the squad considerably. He is a charlatan.
Honestly I don't even think he talks the right talk anymore. It's all defeatist rubbish in press conferences now, and he has nothing to hold on to.

He misevaluated his players, as you mentioned with Fellaini above, he actually dropped Lukaku for Rashford up top (for all his deficiencies, Lukaku is still a better banker for goals than Rashford is) and he sent Smalling on loan whilst giving Jones a meaty new contract. He then misjudged the quality he has at his disposal by thinking its OK to turf out so many without adequate replacements, the utter joke of the Ighalo transfer just sums out how shite he is.

Sure, Ed Woodward needs forward planning but as our structure is set up, he relies on the manager's evaluation and wishes and acts accordingly. And although Woody is rather inept, his targets tend to be always clear. A striker evidently wasn't the target in the summer even though it should have been and Ole was likely a reason for that. All this shit about Greenwood being ready to share the burden with Rashford and Martial is a serious joke.

Oh yeah, and he doesn't coach for shit. I've rarely see managers so inept at top level. Moyes is the closest one and we're to blame there too FFS.

the chameleon

Honestly I don't even think he talks the right talk anymore. It's all defeatist rubbish in press conferences now, and he has nothing to hold on to.

He misevaluated his players, as you mentioned with Fellaini above, he actually dropped Lukaku for Rashford up top (for all his deficiencies, Lukaku is still a better banker for goals than Rashford is) and he sent Smalling on loan whilst giving Jones a meaty new contract. He then misjudged the quality he has at his disposal by thinking its OK to turf out so many without adequate replacements, the utter joke of the Ighalo transfer just sums out how shite he is.

Sure, Ed Woodward needs forward planning but as our structure is set up, he relies on the manager's evaluation and wishes and acts accordingly. And although Woody is rather inept, his targets tend to be always clear. A striker evidently wasn't the target in the summer even though it should have been and Ole was likely a reason for that. All this shit about Greenwood being ready to share the burden with Rashford and Martial is a serious joke.

Oh yeah, and he doesn't coach for shit. I've rarely see managers so inept at top level. Moyes is the closest one and we're to blame there too FFS.
Also, to add to his misjudgement, he is potentially damaging players like Greenwood and James by playing them too soon. By not easing them in, it will put too much unneeded pressure on these players. How much easier would it be for Greenwood if he came on knowing that he is being eased in. Seriously amateur.

jem

Agree completely. His naive quotes when he was Molde manager about Jose, to how he is now... he certainly doesn't feel that, now that he has got to experience it himself.
What did he say about Jose? I must have missed it.

Lentwood

Where do you think all of the money was going to come from to buy two defenders, two midfielders, two wingers and a forward in one window?

Most of you on here live in dreamland, too much fantasy football and FIFA

In real life, clubs have budgets, transfers take months to negotiate (in and out), players and agents change their minds at the last minute...

And yes it is all part of the plan...a very clear and obvious plan that’s been in place since Ole started and is being followed to the letter

Dan_F

Also, to add to his misjudgement, he is potentially damaging players like Greenwood and James by playing them too soon. By not easing them in, it will put too much unneeded pressure on these players. How much easier would it be for Greenwood if he came on knowing that he is being eased in. Seriously amateur.
Eh? How would you have preferred it to happen? Most people think Greenwood hasn’t played enough. You can critique him for many things, but he hasn’t overplayed Greenwood.

Says volumes that teams like Norwich play more cohesive football than us. I don’t think we’ll ever see that under Ole.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Where do you think all of the money was going to come from to buy two defenders, two midfielders, two wingers and a forward in one window?

Most of you on here live in dreamland, too much fantasy football and FIFA

In real life, clubs have budgets, transfers take months to negotiate (in and out), players and agents change their minds at the last minute...

And yes it is all part of the plan...a very clear and obvious plan that’s been in place since Ole started and is being followed to the letter
Wait so we planned Ighalo

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I think it might be healthier all round if you didn't just presume that the 30% still support him because he played here.
But most of them do. Tell me something; we hired failed Cardiff manager from Norway. Lots of people( even some who are Ole out today) were happy with that. Why? Because his name was Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, not some random guy from Norway.