What would make you change your opinion on Ole

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
So many threads are at loggerheads at the moment between Ole in and Ole out, both have good points, but I read the same arguments every day to the point of distraction and it's rare that anyone concedes anything, everything feels very entrenched and polarised.

So Ole in posters what would it take to change your position?

How low could the win rate percentage drop? or how low would you go in the league this season before you change your mind?

And Ole out posters, how many wins on the trot would change your mind, which signings in the summer might make you think again?

What does Ole do that changes anyone's opinion?

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Nothing would. He lost the plot after his permanent appointment and has never regained it since. We looked clueless at the end of last season when we were getting beat by relegated teams. We have looked majorly clueless in some of our astounding defeats this season. A few wins against the tide have kept him in the job so far. He thinned out the squad without getting in replacements first. The injury crisis is his own doing. He bet his chips on Pogba who has been absent forever now. We have the lowest points after 25 games since eternity. Despite millions being spent on defence we have leaked goals. We have passed up numerous chances to grab 4th place so far. We are only 8th now because the rest of the league barring Pool, City and Leicester have been wank. In a regular season we would be 14 now.

But just out of interest in your thread I would give him a target of
1. 10 wins in remaining 13 prem games
2. Europa Final
3. FA Final

Thepinhead

I am still Ole in so far. I am giving him atleast the rest of the season but in a year where Tottenham Chelsea and Arsenal are pretty poor top 4 is minimum for us. He has been unfortunate with injuries but it seems like some are coming back now so we need to finish the season strong and end in top 4 with some progress to be seen. If that happens I will give him another year. If the results continue like this the rest of the season or gets worse he needs to go.

kambinks

Ole In here. Personally if he looses the dressing room like our past managers has, its probably where i think its a lost cause to support him. Players were openly not happy during the Moyes tenure and under Mourinho the players seems to have given up right about the time Mourinho said 2nd is the best he could get out of this lot. If Ole can have a proper spell where he has Rashford, Pogba, Mctominay, and Martial all fit then i think its fair to assess the team as a whole.

As of right now it seems Rashford, Mctominay, Lindelof and Maguires playing their hearts out for the team, and I have to give credit to Ole for how good Fred and Matic has been lately compared from last season.

NWRed

So Ole in posters what would it take to change your position?
If we finish next season outside the top 4 then I might begin to waver, but it depends on circumstances. If we spend this summer 'negotiating' for Sancho, Maddison and Grealish but get none and end up starting next season with the return of Sanchez as our attacking reinforcement then I can't see myself turning against him at all.

passing-wind

Consistency until the end of the season accumulating in a top four finish.

Paul_Scholes18

I think to give me hope about Ole I would like to see some new ideas.
New patterns of play in attack and maybe changes in formation that aid our attack.
Also better in game management to change things when we are behind.

If he can do that and improve the results with the players we got then I would start having faith in his managerial ability.
Also if he can inspire us to find a similar mentality to when he took over that would be great and show it was not just a boost from not having toxic Mourinho around.

It would take much more for me to have faith in him as a long term manager.
I don't see much evidence of building anything great. Although Ed and the Glaziers can be behind that too.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
If we spend this summer 'negotiating' for Sancho, Maddison and Grealish but get none and end up starting next season with the return of Sanchez as our attacking reinforcement then I can't see myself turning against him at all.
Sorry do you mean you could see yourself changing your mind in this circumstance or you'd still be happy for him to carry on?

Fooza

Asking this question is like asking - what would Moyes need to do to change your opinion. You guys never did ask that for Moyes, poor guy.

Does Ole really have the character? The knowledge of a better style of play rather than just plan a counter attacking? The desire to win at all cost? The experience of doing it on a high level? Ability to transform the club, from training ground to the pitch, lifestyle, hardwork, mentality. Fitness (And not by just saying it)

Like a Klopp or a Pep do at their clubs. Like what Fergie became. A lot of fans just pray and hope Ole turns like Fergie.

Delusions

Jinn

I think, if we are being fair, Ole needs to get in the players he wants in the next window (Full backing of the board, no cost limits....like that's going to happen). Have a full season with his best players not getting injured.
If that's in place, and there is no improvement in performance and results, then by all means, we should sack him.

Paul_Scholes18

Asking this question is like asking - what would Moyes need to do to change your opinion. You guys never did ask that for Moyes, poor guy.

Does Ole really have the character? The knowledge of a better style of play rather than just plan a counter attacking? The desire to win at all cost? The experience of doing it on a high level? Ability to transform the club, from training ground to the pitch, lifestyle, hardwork, mentality. Fitness (And not by just saying it)

Like a Klopp or a Pep do at their clubs. Like what Fergie became. A lot of fans just pray and hope Ole turns like Fergie.

Delusions
People can change though, but probably only if someone puts him under pressure to do so. Or he gets inspired to do it.
I doubt Woodward and Glaziers do that. Not sure he listen to us fans and I don't trust his assistants to do it either.
The worry is Ole feels far to content with these results. He should be boiling inside and feel super motivated to find solutions to problems.

jackal&hyde

1) Losing the dressing room.
2) Finishing below 6th

When we started the season i thought 4th was the best we could hope for with this squad and we are still in contention for that aim. 5th wouldn't be a disaster but lower then 6th would be underachieving imo. Winning the Europa League would make up for that though.

elánius

I am Ole out and there is absolutly nothing to change my mind on him.

14 months is enough time to show something - not everything, but definitely something should be already there, but to be honest, there is absolutly nothing. He didnt implement any kind of football system, nothing to build on or nothing to continue with. This team does not have a face (dunno if this is correct word but we use it in my first language).

Every manager that comes after him will have to teach them everything - they does not move right with the ball or without the ball, they are opening space left and right, we cant press as a team and we cant defend in deep block, we are the worst team in defending set pieces and we dont score from them either. If we have the ball, there are like two people running and rest of them are just there waiting for miracle to happen. If we lose the ball in the middle of the pitch, we are desperate. One center back is runnig forward, the second one is running backwards, full backs are not even holding defensice line (if they are actually there).

Our attack is based on individual quality of our players (Rashford, Martial, sometimes Pereira, sometimes Mata, used to be Pogba and everyone hopes that now it will be Bruno). If fullbacks try to cross, there is usually just one player in the penalty area, our midfielders are nowhere to be found to at least shoot from the distance after the cross (obviously) fails and if they indeed shoot, every fan behind the goal should be worried. They would not even hit the watter from the boat.

Our counter attacks can be dangerous, but they are often led by Lingard or James and those two are so bad with the ball it usually ends right there (often happens to Chelsea as well if Kante leads it). And for most of our players their first thought is to pass backwards anyway, so lot of our counter attacks end with James stopping the ball and passing it to Fred.

They lack confidence, they lack determination, they lack motivation, they lack enthusiasm, starting XI is usually wrong, substitutions are bad, we often change formation (between games and in games aswell) because it is hit or miss and no one in the whole world can say what our prefered formation looks like. We overuse our best players to cry about their injury afterwards. We talk about how good Ole is at the market to cry about how thin our squad is afterwards, because it somehow make sence.

We are 13 points behind our last season performance ffs. What could make me change my opinion? Well maybe if something hit my head....

Fooza

People can change though, but probably only if someone puts him under pressure to do so. Or he gets inspired to do it.
I doubt Woodward and Glaziers do that. Not sure he listen to us fans and I don't trust his assistants to do it either.
The worry is Ole feels far to content with these results. He should be boiling inside and feel super motivated to find solutions to problems.
Aye so much he hasn't shown since he has arrived, unfortunately him getting rid of the deadwood is making a lot of fans think he has the right vision and is the man to take us, which I agree needed to happen but he naively over did it, leaving him with a paper thin squad is also a red flag in itself.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I am Ole out and there is absolutly nothing to change my mind on him.

14 months is enough time to show something - not everything, but definitely something should be already there, but to be honest, there is absolutly nothing. He didnt implement any kind of football system, nothing to build on or nothing to continue with. This team does not have a face (dunno if this is correct word but we use it in my first language).

Every manager that comes after him will have to teach them everything - they does not move right with the ball or without the ball, they are opening space left and right, we cant press as a team and we cant defend in deep block, we are the worst team in defending set pieces and we dont score from them either. If we have the ball, there are like two people running and rest of them are just there waiting for miracle to happen. If we lose the ball in the middle of the pitch, we are desperate. One center back is runnig forward, the second one is running backwards, full backs are not even holding defensice line (if they are actually there).

Our attack is based on individual quality of our players (Rashford, Martial, sometimes Pereira, sometimes Mata, used to be Pogba and everyone hopes that now it will be Bruno). If fullbacks try to cross, there is usually just one player in the penalty area, our midfielders are nowhere to be found to at least shoot from the distance after the cross (obviously) fails and if they indeed shoot, every fan behind the goal should be worried. They would not even hit the watter from the boat.

Our counter attacks can be dangerous, but they are often led by Lingard or James and those two are so bad with the ball it usually ends right there (often happens to Chelsea as well if Kante leads it). And for most of our players their first thought is to pass backwards anyway, so lot of our counter attacks end with James stopping the ball and passing it to Fred.

They lack confidence, they lack determination, they lack motivation, they lack enthusiasm, starting XI is usually wrong, substitutions are bad, we often change formation (between games and in games aswell) because it is hit or miss and no one in the whole world can say what our prefered formation looks like. We overuse our best players to cry about their injury afterwards. We talk about how good Ole is at the market to cry about how thin our squad is afterwards, because it somehow make sence.

We are 13 points behind our last season performance ffs. What could make me change my opinion? Well maybe if something hit my head....
There's no need to rehash all the arguments, we've all read them a thousand times. What if he won the Europa League and came 4th would that change your mind?

Von Mistelroum

Show some tactical prowess.
Play good football.
Win a good amount of matches with this very expensive team.
Show the balls to drop bad players.
That would do it.

elánius

1) Losing the dressing room.
2) Finishing below 6th

When we started the season i thought 4th was the best we could hope for with this squad and we are still in contention for that aim. 5th wouldn't be a disaster but lower then 6th would be underachieving imo. Winning the Europa League would make up for that though.
Yeah, and how many points you thought will be necessary for 4th place?

Because the only reason Ole is still there is the performance of our rivals. But this does not seem right, does it? Ole or performance of his team should decide if he is capable or not. Only reason we are still in the fight for top4 spot (if you want to call it fight, because this year it is more like parody of the fight) is that Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs are having horrible season as well, but this just cant be argument for Olé to stay. If other employees are as bad as you are it does not mean you are suddenly good for the job and this is the same story. Actually not being in top4 in season like this one is the biggest argument for his sacking because it will never be as easy as this year (and never was).

Saying that top6 is enough for ManUnited is not settling with mediocrity and it is actually the worst thing Ole did to us. Now we dont even demand medicority and we are ok with breaking all the negative records, because "he needs time" and "I can see the progress". I am actually so sad while reading stuff like this.

elánius

There's no need to rehash all the arguments, we've all read them a thousand times. What if he won the Europa League and came 4th would that change your mind?
No, because he already proved that he is not good enough for us. Even Arsenal with their B team made it to European League quarter final last year and went to final with their mid table team and Emery as an manager, Chelsea didnt even tryhard and they won it anyway. Btw I wanted Mourinho gone when he finished 6th and won the EL, because we were in the impasse and it was only matter of time. And he had also better results than Ole has right now (but thats not that hard to achieve).

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
No, because he already proved that he is not good enough for us. Even Arsenal with their B team made it to European League quarter final last year and went to final with their mid table team and Emery as an manager, Chelsea didnt even tryhard and they won it anyway. Btw I wanted Mourinho gone when he finished 6th and won the EL, because we were in the impasse and it was only matter of time. And he had also better results than Ole has right now (but thats not that hard to achieve).
Yup Europa cup is a piece of piss to win :rolleyes:

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Every single youth player has taken big strides since Ole was appointed manager. So that in conjunction with playing with a skeleton crew in the midfield large parts of the season, I will be happy to change my opinion is things to not improve at the first half of next season. I'm not going to give verdict on a manager who has to play with players everyone here agrees aren't good enough for the club. There's a lot of moaning when we play those players, but it's not like we have options, is there.

jackal&hyde

Yeah, and how many points you thought will be necessary for 4th place?

Because the only reason Ole is still there is the performance of our rivals. But this does not seem right, does it? Ole or performance of his team should decide if he is capable or not. Only reason we are still in the fight for top4 spot (if you want to call it fight, because this year it is more like parody of the fight) is that Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs are having horrible season as well, but this just cant be argument for Olé to stay. If other employees are as bad as you are it does not mean you are suddenly good for the job and this is the same story. Actually not being in top4 in season like this one is the biggest argument for his sacking because it will never be as easy as this year (and never was).

Saying that top6 is enough for ManUnited is not settling with mediocrity and it is actually the worst thing Ole did to us. Now we dont even demand medicority and we are ok with breaking all the negative records, because "he needs time" and "I can see the progress". I am actually so sad while reading stuff like this.
What were your expectations at the beginning of this season? Mine were to fight for top 4, improvement on some of the players, maybe a trophy and continue the rebuilding with young players that want to play for the club. It has met my expectations for this season though with the games coming up and some of the players returning from injury i do expect more consistency in this second part of the season.

With a couple more buys in the summer, next season is going to be an instant sack from me if we are in the same place we are now. I need to see improvement.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Top 4
EL final
Generally seeing an upturn in performances where we don’t look like we’re winning games through sheer luck or a moment of brilliance.

It’s a tall order, basically.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
We have 13 games left to play in the PL, so I'd say in terms of results, winning 7 or 8 out of them. It should be achievable with Bruno, a backup in Ighalo, and Pogba and McT back and fit. People have blamed our poor results on our lack of creativity but with Pogba and Bruno in the team, it's not an excuse anymore. For the cups,I'd expect a decent run in both and would only be OK if we lost to a better team in either. I think top four is out of reach so I'll forget that.

More importantly I'd say he needs to show he can actually build a team and get them playing good football, we are truly awful to watch at the moment. I need to see signs that Man Utd are capable of playing good football under Ole and that he is actually progressing this team instead of the constant one step forward two steps back we've seen.

I also need to be assured that he looks like a manager who is worth keeping over someone like Poch or even Rose or Nagellsman because right now it's very clear he isn't.

But this post was probably a waste of time because I think there's as much a chance of that happening as me becoming a pro footballer, and we'll get Poch in the summer.

Rafaeldagold

I’m Ole out & to be honest nothing will change my mind now- it’s just wasted time.

He’s had long enough & he just isn’t good enough. Not like he’s going to magically get us top 4 or win Europa League anyway - even if he did get top 4 it’s not that great an achievement when teams have been so so poor this season the points total is very low for 4th.

GBBQ

I'm Ole out and I don't think there's much that would change my mind really. Elite level managers are rare and despite what many say, average managers don't become SAF by being given time.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Given the amount of key players out and that we are still rebuilding then a top four finish or a cup win would represent a decent season although Id like to see some better football too.
Not about changing my mind - he has till the end of the season and ultimately without a champions league place he will be sacked. its about justifying the next season.

youngrell

I have always had a tiny nagging doubt about Ole but continue to back him as I live in the reality of our squad options and the injuries we’ve had to deal with.

I want to see how he does with a fully fit, strong squad before I want him gone. There have been some really poor losses along the way that have stung but wins under Ole feel so much better than under the 3 previous guys.

I really want him to succeed, so remaining patient.

Enigma_87

You know who
What will make you change your opinion on Bebe?

Nothing really, you can't polish a turd.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Ole In here. Personally if he looses the dressing room like our past managers has, its probably where i think its a lost cause to support him. Players were openly not happy during the Moyes tenure and under Mourinho the players seems to have given up right about the time Mourinho said 2nd is the best he could get out of this lot. If Ole can have a proper spell where he has Rashford, Pogba, Mctominay, and Martial all fit then i think its fair to assess the team as a whole.

As of right now it seems Rashford, Mctominay, Lindelof and Maguires playing their hearts out for the team, and I have to give credit to Ole for how good Fred and Matic has been lately compared from last season.
Yeah, once a manager loses the dressing room hes done. Despite all the depressing performances there have been a couple of good ones, think his transfers both in and out have been good and certain players have improved under him

The results are far from good enough though. Personally i am on the fence until the end of the season. If we qualify for CL either through the EL or some miracle get top 4, i think he deserves some more time. If we keep up this shite form though he should be sacked.

Alabaster Codify7

Firmly Ole Out and have been since the first couple of games of the season (we should never have appointed him full-time based on the run-in last season and after a poor - yes, I truly believe it was a poor one - transfer window I felt the writing was on the wall).

What would make me change my mind between now and May? Okay:

• League - winning the majority of our remaining games, with a visibly improved style of attacking football. If we miss out on top 4, I would begrudgingly accept 5th or even 6th to an extent as long as we went down swinging and Ole showed he was capable of playing progressive, attacking, entertaining football.
  • FA Cup - we are set up here for a decent run. I'd accept something like semi-finals as being alright, obviously would love us to win the thing because it's our main chance of some kind of silverware.
  • Europa League - latter knockout stages. I personally don't think we have a snowball's chance in hell of winning it.
  • Miscellaneous - I want to see Ole show in-game management. If we are 0-0 against 'lesser teams', I want to see Ole on the touchline showing proactive, positive coaching, enthusiasm and making changes when he can see that Plan A is not working. I don't want to see anymore Lingard and/or Pereira coming on at 80mins when we are chasing a goal.
  • Finally, I want to see our manager show dissatisfaction with our situation - I want to see that this bloke is not accepting of Man United floundering around 10th in the Premier League table with the worst points return we've had at this stage. I want to see that this man demands better of this squad and will not settle for mediocrity.

If I see those things and we finish 5-6th, I'd be content for him to be given the next season as a make-or-break.

NWRed

Sorry do you mean you could see yourself changing your mind in this circumstance or you'd still be happy for him to carry on?
I mean if Woodward and Judge screw him over this summer then I would still support him unless something very unlikely happens like a genuine relegation battle.

Enigma_87

You know who
I mean if Woodward and Judge screw him over this summer then I would still support him unless something very unlikely happens like a genuine relegation battle.
Goes to show why we have fallen so low and why the fans have a part in it. Willing to accept a relegation battle to keep an incompetent manager at helm. :lol:

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I'll be honest, even if he wins the rest of the games in the league I'd still want him out.