Whatever happens we have a nest of vipers in the dressing room

redIndianDevil

It seemed very good until recently. Maybe we shouldn’t take the content of Pogba’s campaign to seriously yet?
Players are happy with him doesn’t mean he is respected or taken seriously like SAF was.

redIndianDevil

It would be if I was comparing the two. I was talking about what we should accept from players at the club. I don't find behaviour like that acceptable - no matter who the manager is. The SAF mention is merely nostalgic musings.
So the players should accept an incompetent manager and keep wasting their careers?

redIndianDevil

After the manager has defended ech and every one of them they dont keep their criticism inhouse or tell ole to his face... pathetic. I am all for Solskjær and the coaching teams failings, but it can hardly not be solely on him.
It’s not like OGS is suddenly going to become awesome tactician when players tell him things to his face. The players have carried OGS so far, there is only so much players can do without proper coaching or training.

MalaysianRed7

Fully disagree. Players have given Ole far more time than expected, even though they would surely have had reservations over his tactical ability. You can’t expect world class players to accept having their potential hindered by a bang average manager at best.

hobbers

Whatever vipers are in there for Ole it's his own fault.

If Martial, Matic, VDB, Bailly, Pogba and Lingard are some of the ones briefing negative things about his management, even if it wasn't the accurate assessment that it is, it's still entirely Ole's own fault. He bent over backwards to keep them all there despite not trusting them to do a job on the pitch, or in Pogba's case misusing him.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Conte is a great manager, though he's a disciplinarian in the mould of Capello. The kind of guy who will ban ketchup from the dining room.

Certainly be interesting to see how the Utd squad react if you do end up with him as manager eventually.
It'll depend on who banned the ketchup

Like evra stories, the same ban would be taken differently between saf and moyes.

That's why i always maintain that to coach United you have to have certain pedigree, so that the player respect your decision and at least give you a clean and honest try.

Ex legends only brought you tiny credit, once you're found out to be lacking you're on the knife edge. It's not like the likes of ronaldo, varane, pogba would be mesmerized by Ole's achievement. The man's a supersub at best. Loveable guy sure, but that's for us. Not them.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Yep. This is my main concern with Conte, as it’s these issues which have led him to repeatedly walk out on clubs.

Having said that, every incoming manager will want to recruit at least one, but probably two central midfielders, along with a right-back. That’s the minimum recruitment next summer, whoever is in charge.

Then there are certain managers who will also look to bring in a new GK and possibly CB based on the type of build up they envision.
Nah.. only happens at united. Most coaches like conte, tuchel, klopp gets in and somehow does the job seamlessly.

Sure they need their own man here and there but nothing like a full rebuilt and 500m we seems to think. Even if that's what they need they seems to be able to keep the boat running and improve gradually.

If conte comes I'd bet he'd buy 2-3 40mish players and get us up and running. Probably not winning the league but surely we'd start to play resembling a proper team.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Who wouldn't. But Zidane isn't going to go near something as risky and toxic as us. Nothing seems to be right, coaching, management (higher up too), or mentality. We look incompetent from top to bottom.

If we could actually get Zidane, I really don't think Ole would still have a job.

How hard is it for a player to voice his issues internally and stay professional? Just not sign the contract, leave without spending 6 months on the "will he/won't he" nonsense. Do you see Ronaldo threatening to throw a temper tantrum? What about De Gea? Or Varane?

No it's Pogba, always Pogba. You don't think Ronaldo has told Ole to his face that the coaching and tactics are shit? Of course he has - but it didn't turn into a media circus. I expect a lot of players have told him that to his face - which is completely fair. This though? First his nonsense post match and now this? It all reeks of Raiola honestly. The Conte press release, the leaks from the dressing room, briefing of Sky Italy.

It is beyond embarrasing that the media has been briefed - seemingly by a "key" player. What kind of joke of a club are we running? Let us sack the manager without all this nonsense - he won't survive this anyway, but christ give our incompetent board a week or two to find a replacement - they obviously weren't prepared for this, all this does is make us an even bigger joke.

Can you imagine what SAF would have done to him? He jumped a desk to fight Roy Keane because he was criticising his teammates publicly, Pogba would be dead.
If my subordinate, a few of them telling me in my face my instructions, leadership and management are shit it'll be a bloodbath. If it comes to that.

I'll either sack him on the spot, or acknowledging that maybe i suck if they're all saying i am then I'll resign. Basically that's the point of no return, you either sell that player or you resign.

You cant expect to be called shit by your players and survive. What good is a manager if they have no trust of their players

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nest of vipers aka winners. You find me a top club in the world where the players would keep quiet at this level of incompetence from the coaching and management.

Guys like Ronaldo will not stand by and watch this happen, and rightly so.
Bingo. The likes of Varane, Ronaldo and Pogba are used to winning big trophies unlike our manager. And the younger ones like Greenwood, Sancho and Rashford would be itching to do the same. These players are highly regarded and usually have a decade or there abouts at the highest level to achieve greatness, and naturally wouldn't want to waste a couple of years being mismanaged.

Daengophile

To me, the most damning aspect of the team is the defence.

We have some top defenders that look like a Sunday pub side on a bad day.

Greck

There's no such history from the current lot, most weren't even here during LVG and Moyes. The only repeated pattern is one of incompetence from the current coaching staff.

Cloud7

Ah United fans and their manager fetish. It never stops does it? Always the fault of someone else. We have a nest of vipers now, not some of the best players in the world who are concerned that they’re having some of their best years wasted by a manager who doesn’t belong at this level.

And for the people talking about Mourinho and Vangle most of these players weren’t even here then FFS.

theklr

It’s not like OGS is suddenly going to become awesome tactician when players tell him things to his face. The players have carried OGS so far, there is only so much players can do without proper coaching or training.
I never said that, I just said that they should keep it inhouse, like Ole always did. How many of our players hasnt he defended in public when the press has been hammering them?

I get that players are losing their belief and have grievances , thats fine. But playing that PR game is just shambolic and a very bad look.