What're the chances we'll score 5 goals in one game from open play this season?

Red_Manc_M15

It will never happen under LVG. He is too cautious and focuses more on ball retention than going forward to score more goals. Hence all the sideways and backward passing. I've got a ST but not been inside Old Trafford since around December. I was not enjoying the games at all. If he's still our boss next year I'll not be renewing. I don't think I'll be the only one too. In fact I know a few lads from my boozer who are doing the same.

Skills

Snitch
Never under this management. He would probably be livid at the players for giving the ball back to the opposition 3 times by scoring goals after being 2-0 up.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Under LvG I don't think it would just happen ever. If the scoreline reached say 3-0 he would actually stop the side from attacking and just force them to see the game out simply holding the ball.

Enigma_87

You know who
Just to put it in perspective - we haven't scored more than 3 goals the whole season.

Only Villa, Swansea, Watford, Brom and surprisingly WHU from Premiership teams hasn't scored more than 3 in one game this season.

I can't even remember a single season when we did not put at least 4 in a single game past the opponent.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think we will just about get 5 from our remaining 5 games.
We won't though. We won't score more than 1 in any of them and we will be goalless in at least one.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I was going to mock your optimism, but then I remembered there are potentially 2 FA Cup matches as well as 5 in the league, so we might just about manage this.
Still too optimistic. Unless both cup games go to penalties.

Edit: Maybe not even then judging by our shootout record of late.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
If we wont 5-3 (ala the Spurs match what seems like a life time ago) LVG would have thrown his notepad at the players for allowing Spurs to get hold of the ball too many times. Possession is 9 10th of his philosophy -- which then assumes that they could never score against us that way.