What's happened to De Gea?

The Oracle

Quoting someone from the match day thread I’m sure he dives away from the ball every time there’s a pen.
Was the last time he saved one the one against Arsenal/RvP?

Last penalty save in the league, was when he saved Leighton Baines' effort

...5th October 2014

Rob Corona

I am Ole in all the way, but it annoys me badly that Ole subbed Romero from the FA Cup. Ole seems to want to treat all people nice at the club except for Romero. Could there be reasons for this? Could there be directions from owners that Gea is preferred not subbed, as it could ruin Gea's market value and he could become unsellable?

For whatever reason it is now backfiring, as Romero rightfully is frustrated:

Sergio Romero is reportedly considering his future at Manchester United after twice being overlooked despite the dismal form of David de Gea.

Romero is completely understanding of his role as De Gea’s understudy at Old Trafford, but was surprisingly not selected for Sunday’s FA Cup semi-final against Chelsea despite starting in every other round of the competition.

And according to the Metro, sources close to Romero said he was left frustrated at not being given the chance to help United reach the final.

De Gea’s horrific display would have only intensified Romero’s frustration and many suggested the Spaniard would be dropped for Wednesday’s Premier League match against West Ham.

Instead, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer refused to drop his number one, which has thrown Romero’s future at the club into doubt.

The Metro notes that Romero has been disheartened by Solskjaer’s selection decisions in the past two games, feeling he should have been given the opportunity to play.

stevoc

Yeah sorry for the derailment. I am curious to hear what you think happened with the De Gea non-transfer, but maybe we can take that up in the De Gea thread at a later time.
I think it dragged out too long and DeGea either wasn't impressed with Real not doing more to sign him earlier and/or decided to stay because we offered him a shit load of money. I mean he signed a new 5 year deal only days after the window closed.

United obviously didn't want to sell and we didn't want Navas, i don't think.

Navas seems like he didn't want to leave Real at all.

And finally while Real definitely wanted DeGea im not sure they really want to pay what United were asking.

So it could have been a combination of any or all of those things that lead to the convenient Fax Machine story. Theres no way United only had one Fax machine and it just happened to break just before midnight on deadline day. I think that was a nice cover story for all parties involved to quietly abandon the transfer.