What's the earliest you left a game?

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Seeing them Aston Villa fans file out on 28 mins is ridiculous. I remember watching Arse hammering Sunderland at Highbury and leaving at about 4-0 on 70 mins. Me and my mate were hungover, knackered and just decided to slip out and get summat to eat and head home. Other than that I would always stay till the end. The AV fans must have paid a decent amount to watch the game so at least stick it out for 65 minutes as something might happen to cheer about.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Yeah that was surreal. Surely if you attend a game against City you have to accept the possibility of a tonking?

I try not to judge people who actually shell out money to go to a game.

I've never left the game of a team I'm supporting before the end but that's because I'm more focused on getting drunk to numb the pain

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
2nd minute vs Roma in the CL a few years back. Just didn't like how Carrick controlled a pass. Never checked the score either, feck em. Still fuming.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
I've left the United second leg match again Monaco with 10 minutes to go but that was to avoid the stampede other than the fact we were heading out of europe on away goals courtesy of David Trezeguet's first half thump.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Seeing them Aston Villa fans file out on 28 mins is ridiculous. I remember watching Arse hammering Sunderland at Highbury and leaving at about 4-0 on 70 mins. Me and my mate were hungover, knackered and just decided to slip out and get summat to eat and head home. Other than that I would always stay till the end. The AV fans must have paid a decent amount to watch the game so at least stick it out for 65 minutes as something might happen to cheer about.
Wait, you left on 70 minutes even though you were winning 4-0?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
About 5 mins to go, always when I was a kid and my dad wanted to get back to the car quickly.

I don't remember ever missing a goal thank god but it always annoyed me.

Full time. I've paid for it and I'll watch all of it.

ctp

Half time. Our (Mainz) U23s were playing at home while the first team were away, so I caught the first half of the U23 game then went home to watch the first team on TV.

DRM

I was at craven cottage watching Fulham play, not sure who the opposition was this was many years ago. This was a midday KO so we had stated drinking early. I was so wandered, I left at half time thinking it was full time.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Usually stood in front of my seat at the final whistle, but have been known to watch the final stages from the entrance to the concourse.

Watching on telly is a different story. I walked out of the boozer at 2-0 during the derby in April 2018 :nervous:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think I've only left United before the final whistle about 2-3 times, but we're talking 20-30secs at most, with the game tied up and the ball in the far end of the pitch.
Although one was where we utterly outplayed Arsenal yet Cazorla scored a 94th min consolation to make it look a close game at 2-1.

For Wycombe I've not left early when we've been demolished 6-0 v Huddersfield (twice) and 7-3 v Villa in the cup, when 3-1 up at half time!

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I was at craven cottage watching Fulham play, not sure who the opposition was this was many years ago. This was a midday KO so we had stated drinking early. I was so wandered, I left at half time thinking it was full time.

are you a Cottager? I've been to Fulham tons of times with mates. Many 3rd division titanic clashes etc. back in the old days when if you left early it would leave a noticeable gap in the stand.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Never. Might be different if I had a long drive ahead of me and leaving 5 minutes early could save me an hour.

Kag

There’s something admirable about the average football supporter.

Forking out hundreds of pounds a year to watch the same team every week. They get up, get ready, attend, regularly feel pissed off with what they’re watching and, in the case of some of them, feel pissed off about it for a prolonged period of time after. They dust themselves down and go again the week after.

Never underestimate the time football supporters dedicate to their (often shitty) teams. It’s a big, big effort.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He wished it was that one!

I know it's different for players but imagine missing that as a fan.
:lol:
Kind of ridiculous, especially as he'll have had it all on the club, best seats etc.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Forking out hundreds of pounds a year to watch the same team every week. They get up, get ready, attend, regularly feel pissed off with what they’re watching and, in the case of some of them, feel pissed off about it for a prolonged period of time after. They dust themselves down and go again the week after.

Never underestimate the time football supporters dedicate to their (often shitty) teams. It’s a big, big effort.
Even those who just follow a big team they have zero geographical link to (99% on the forum) can't escape it either!

I even had one guy down my way, who supports Liverpool, try and claim it wasn't "glory hunting" due to them not winning the league for so long!

Imagine trying to argue that out, that you support the at worst, 2nd highest trophy racking up team (first again now), but you're not a glory hunter!

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Earliest I've left was Wolves at home last season on 80 minutes but that was only because I needed to get to Heathrow within an hour.

Other than that I only ever leave at the start of injury time when the game is done.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Once I've paid for a ticket, I'm staying till the bitter end just hoping for a fist fight or a streaker. Not saying I enjoy it but I always stay.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I think I left about 5 minutes early when we played Everton in 2017 because it was a night game, I was on my own, we were losing and I was pissed off. As I was walking back to the car down the canal, I heard two massive cheers so thought we had won. Finally got my phone working when I got in the car and realised we equalised in the 94th minute with a Zlatan penalty and the first cheer was for the penalty decision so I was pissed off again.

Fitchett

Only left early once in 56 years of watching United. That was two seasons ago when Sevilla's second goal went in, with about 15 minutes left, and we had shown absolutely no appetite to try and win the game. Mourinho's post match comments vindicated our decision to leave early.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Full time when there was extra time to be played. 1990 FA Cup semi final replay at Maine Road, missed Mark Robins getting the winner.

Didn't want to go but my dad made me. He was unsure what time the buses stopped and I had school the next day. Bus driver actually had it on the radio so heard the goal go in.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I was paranoid travelling around Brazil by myself for the 2014 World Cup and wanted to guarantee getting back to the airport in good time.

I was at Ecuador vs Switzerland. It was a cracking atmosphere in the brand new stadium in Brasilia. So much noise and colour that you could have just watched the crowd and listened to the chanting. It was special to finally be at a WC.

I slipped out at 1-1 on 90 minutes and heard the cheer going up as I ran down the steps. 93rd minute Swiss winner at a World Cup game I had paid a fortune to be at.

Lesson learned!

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United

This. I’ve gone from watching some pretty grim stuff over the years but to now see this current success it was completely worth it.

Crashoutcassius

Used to leave Dublin league games early because they were nothing games, Dublin would be many points up, we went every week, I had a long way home. Never left a United game or a Dublin championship game / an international game early but okay with people that go every week managing their commute

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
West Ham away League Cup. Snowing, horrible, getting dicked by Carlton Cole. Once it went 4-0 I decided the 2 hour journey home was starting early.

I fecking hate West Ham away :lol:

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I think I left about 5 minutes early when we played Everton in 2017 because it was a night game, I was on my own, we were losing and I was pissed off. As I was walking back to the car down the canal, I heard two massive cheers so thought we had won. Finally got my phone working when I got in the car and realised we equalised in the 94th minute with a Zlatan penalty and the first cheer was for the penalty decision so I was pissed off again.
:lol:

Judas

Open to offers
Left the community shield against Arsenal in Cardiff 5 or so minutes early, we were 3-1 down and we'd been crap, and it meant we were able to get an earlier train home. No regrets.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Though, tbf one of the best atmospheres I've been in was while getting well beaten at Fulham.

Think Scholes got sent off for handling on the line. We always got a great allocation there. The away end was absolutely bouncing even at 2 down. We got well beat there back in 2009 as well...away end having it.

Oggmonster

Cardiff last game of last season I left after about 70 minutes. Few others had left even earlier so I was sat on my own and couldn't bare it anymore.

Ixion

80th minute because I had something I couldn't miss later on, apart from that one time I've never left before the final whistle.