What's the earliest you left a game?

Ace Krampus

In the last 30 or so years I can really only recall leaving early a couple of meaningful times - both were baseball games however.

I left a Met game in the second inning in 1996. Beautiful day at the ballpark and the Mets actually won with a walk-off home run, but I didn't see any of that because about 35 minutes in I got violently ill and furiously vomited all over my father. Both of us needed to go, after that.

The second time was also a Met game, albeit at Yankee stadium in the South Bronx. Three hour rain delay for an 8:00 PM Sunday night game. Stuck around for that, did not stick around after the Mets went down 16-4 in the 3rd inning. It was 1:30 and I was in the South Bronx with work in six hours. I don't regret leaving that maelstrom.

izec

A few minutes before the final whistle. Sometimes the brother/dad want to arrive home quicker, while i would rather stay til the end.

Moorie86

About 5 mins to go, always when I was a kid and my dad wanted to get back to the car quickly.

I don't remember ever missing a goal thank god but it always annoyed me.
same. Use to be to beat the crowds. Now it’s to get out the car park which is like a cross between Whacky Races and Mario Cart

RedNed77

Between 85-87 minute mark fairly regularly. I’ll generally only stay until the end if it’s close one way or the other, an entertaining game or we’re playing one of the top 6. More often than not it’s not one of the above 3 scenarios at OT as the subs have usually killed the game and the atmosphere goes flat. Plus it’s a long long walk to my car from the ground.

saintquin

Supports
Southampton, Harlequins
Never before the final whistle whatever sport I'm watching!

Red00012

I left at 5-1 when City hammered us. It’s been the only time.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Final whistle for me. I am there to support through think and thin. I saw people leave after the 3rd City goal went in last week, shitehawks.

D4X73r

Rapid Wien vs Dynamo Kiew. (2013)

We headed out in minute 88, as our driver (who is a Rapid fan and we went there because of him) wanted to leave earlier to avoid mass exit after the match. Rapid was down 2:1
When we arrived at the parking lot, the stadium shouted like hell. A short look on the phone and yes, 90'+4 Rapid draw the game. Our driver was mad for the whole ride (around 1 hour driving)

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
People that leave when something can still change are fecking idiots. Have had people leave from next to us before only for us to score a winner. Obviously if there's a reason to leave then off ye trot, but otherwise you deserve a karate chop to the gob.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Never, that I can recall, for a football game.
Ice hockey though: I left when the players all stopped skating for one of the TV timeouts.

Verminator

Once under Jose 15 minutes early. Think it was Sunderland. I'd already nodded off twice.
Once under Fergie, 20 minutes to go. First time I took my lad, it was New year's day, versus QPR.
They were obviously hung over and lost 4-1.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Just realised I left a game before it even started the once because of that bomb scare. Another 8 hours I’ll never get back.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I left the Ronaldo Portsmouth free kick at half time... I had knocked my tooth out on the way to the ground by walking into a lamppost so had to get that sorted.

Apart from that, I think I left 5 minutes early once because we had a wedding to get to.