What's the funniest Liverpool moment in the PL era?

OleBoiii

Ok, let's forget about this season for a minute. Up until now, what has been the funniest Liverpool moment for you? Here's a list(feel free to add more):

Benitez' facts, 2009

The Beach Ball incident, 2009

This Does Not Fecking Slip, 2014

Gerrard sent off after 38 seconds in his last game vs United, 2015

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
The Slip™ in my opinion.

The speech the previous week, the title was in his hands, who it actually happened to, you honestly couldn't write it.

And amidst the worst United season in 30 years, Liverpool still managed to be more of a laughing stock.

OleBoiii

The Slip™ in my opinion.

The speech the previous week, the title was in his hands, who it actually happened to, you honestly couldn't write it.

And amidst the worst United season in 30 years, Liverpool still managed to be more of a laughing stock.
It's hard to beat, isn't it? It's probably objectively the funniest.

Still, I have a weak spot for that beach ball incident. It's like a bad Hollywood movie :lol:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
The Slip™ in my opinion.

It’s up there in my favourite football moments ever. That fecking speech the week before and then his post match interview.....he thought they’d done it. Counted his chickens. That for me is what sets him apart for me from the great captains.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Having the title ripped from their grasp by an actual plague would top the lot, that's next level stuff.

SirAF

Ageist
The Slip, definitely. Also the fact that it was followed by THAT celebration by Mourinho :devil: Always knew how to wind up the scouse.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
The last game in front of the old Kop deserves a mention.

The kop famous for sucking the ball into the net really did it in style.

@1.58

Art Vandelay

All of the above and this at the time:

Look at the fecking state of them. I forgot how stupid they actually looked.

It's still the slip though. He made an absolute prick out of himself, the absolute brilliance of it. From the speech through to him refusing to do anything other than shoot for the rest of the match. What an asshole. It was glorious. :drool:

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The slip. Especially after he played a very suspicious back pass in the same fixture to hand Chelsea a league title over United.

mu4c_20le

Beach ball is a personal favorite of mine, particularly the RAWK reaction at the time.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Slip for sure. RAWK were planning their open top parade. They were talking about making DVDs, cherishing every moment and writing poems. It was glorious.

Even the game after. They were adamant they would bounce back. And they were right. 0-3 up at Selhurst and then...

Old Ma Crow

Ever so sweet post match celebrations after a lousy 2-2 draw vs mighty West Brom

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The Slip™ in my opinion.

Staging that "rousing" huddle speech for the cameras, then a couple of weeks later pushing the cameras away.
Incredible.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We'll obviously have to wait a few months for it, but if...just if, this season is voided, after they've demolished their way through every game bar 2 out of 29 in a machine gun fashion, and a are million points clear of 2nd...then that will be impossible to beat.

It'd be a soul destroyer they might not come back from!

EDIT Ok, I obviously missed the first line of post 1..apologies.

Cliche Guevara

We'll obviously have to wait a few months for it, but if...just if, this season is voided, after they've demolished their way through every game bar 2 out of 29 in a machine gun fashion, and a are million points clear of 2nd...then that will be impossible to beat.

It'd be a soul destroyer they might not come back from!

EDIT Ok, I obviously missed the first line of post 1..apologies.
It will never be wrong to repeat this over and over again!

Zen86

The Slip™ in my opinion.

It’s the fact he was bellowing out this does not slip in his heroic and very much for the cameras speech the week before. It’s even better than Big John Terry stepping up for the winning penalty in Moscow

Djemba-Djemba

Obviously The Slip was a beautiful, beautiful moment and the right answer here but Gerrard's last few weeks at Liverpool also deserve a mention.

His last game against Utd he comes on at HT and is sent off within 45 seconds, his last game at Anfield they lose 3-1 to Crystal Palace and then his last ever game as a Liverpool player they lose 6-1 at Stoke.

fecking hilarious.

ROFLUTION

Ah, they've given us so much joy over the years, it's hard to choose. Couldnt believe my eyes when this happened:

And then all the lame petty excuses afterwards :lol: :lol: :lol:

gormless

The slip. Especially after he played a very suspicious back pass in the same fixture to hand Chelsea a league title over United.
It was practically his trademark!
I remember he cost us the France match in Euro 04, the aforementioned Drogba moment, and I’m sure he played a world of a ball through to Henry against Arsenal once as well

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
An oft-overlooked Scouse gem is the time in 2009 when they played Debrecen in the Champions League and the Debrecen ‘keeper was being bribed to throw balls in the net yet Liverpool only went on to win the match 1-0. :lol:

Link.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
It was practically his trademark!
I remember he cost us the France match in Euro 04, the aforementioned Drogba moment, and I’m sure he played a world of a ball through to Henry against Arsenal once as well
You're right, I guess its wrong to attribute to malice that which can be explained by plain awfulness.

montpelier

That 3-3 draw with Palace and the literal tears at full time. Still remember where I was when I watched it.
I'm with this - because it was decisive and because it incorporates their bullshit about winning it on GD too. The Jimmy Liddell commentary was new enough to be very funny too.

montpelier

Can we have Karius in the Final? I did literally snot myself when he threw the 2nd in.

DocRockter

Havant & Waterlooville must be included in this.. All I saw here were green smilies after the 0-1 goal.

Last edited:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
The Slip was way too important and absolutely unbelievable — not even the mistake itself, but the preparation, with Gerrard using those exact words a couple of weeks prior. If that was a script, I would rule it out as completely unrealistic.

Beach ball was brilliant, but it only cost them the game (if it even did? I don't remember). The Slip cost them everything.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Brendan Rodgers envelopes. I loved the man when he was their manager, he provided us with so many cringe moments (and, thankfully, no PL title).

Hopefully Klopp didn't mess around with the interior decorations (he's renting Rodgers' house).

clarkydaz

A quick Youtube search shows he did it to Suarez as well in the World Cup. An enjoyable video. And I don't even mind Gerrard!

yeah, he was England captain going into that world cup and was out shittest player giving the ball away in his new quarterback role

Vanrouge

Slippy G has to be the funniest, but others rival it for improbableness. The beach ball. Slippy's red card. I even remember Reina trying to save Gravesen's bald head instead of the ball from a corner. Does anyone else remember that? I might not have the right player, but his head was bald and white like the ball, and Reina went to grab at the former instead of the latter, thus letting the ball in.

Also, how perfect is it that a team with such animosity toward wind were scored on twice in Crystanbul by a player named Gayle? :lol:

Tarrou

the slip was a great moment but you couldn't fully appreciate the fact it cost them the title until later

so I'd probably put Crystanbull at the top of my list

special mention to that time a beach ball scored against them

also, when Stevie came on to save the day and got sent off 30 seconds later