What's the funniest Liverpool moment in the PL era?

Falcow

I still have my doubts about Gerards slip, beautiful and all as it was. Its almost like he did it deliberately to hide the fact that the ball ran under his foot, wouldn't put it past him he is so self absorbed.

Has the t shirts in support of suarez been mentioned yet? Maybe more cringe than funny though.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Great thread, the slip wins the entire football, but they had so many great moments. The beach ball, Rodgers, King Kenny, Gerrard's red card, all absolutely great moments. I seriously think every non United fan has missed a lot not enjoying these moments closely as we do.

Also, Rodgers/King Kenny period had some absolute scenes too:

What a shit signing he has been for them, back then for that kind of money, ridiculous.

Denis' cuff

The trophy bus that never left the depot was even better than the arsenal “50 unbeaten” shirts but really, it’s gotta be The slip.

Fussball13251

The Rodgers era was the funniest...

The slip and...

https://www.eurosport.com/football/...ht-against-real-madrid_sto4378391/story.shtml

"Rodgers excited by prospect of 'special' night against Real Madrid"

Real Madrid vs Liverpool 4-0 All Goals and Extended Highlights UCL 14/15

Just pure comedy....

Remember he bought Mario Balotelli because nobody else wanted him?

" In 13 Premier League appearances so far this season, Balotelli has scored just one goal; in all competitions, he has scored three goals in 18 games. This is despite the striker averaging 3.7 shots per game in the league, more than any other Liverpool player. "

/watch?v=hYlYo_RSG-o Without Luis Suárez... no hope. This exposed Brendan a bit. In Europe they were all over the place... you were laughing saying "What is the formation"? Everybody was just running around like headless chickens. That was how good Suárez was individually.

When Gerard slipped for some reason he was playing as a central defender. That meant he didn't have the pace to catch up.

Last edited:

TheLord

For me, nothing beats 'the slip' - the actual incident and the aftermath!