What's your go-to football news site?

youngrell

BBC for me. They only report actual news and there's no ads etc. Can't be dealing with constant gossip these days.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I do have a Athletic subcription, but anything newsworthy does tend to get posted to Redcafe within minutes so this is a good hub.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
redcafe, goal, teamtalk in that order
I used to be a regular poster on that site like 15 years or so ago. I think they lost loads of users when they changed the format around 2009/2010 ish.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I used to be a regular poster on that site like 15 years or so ago. I think they lost loads of users when they changed the format around 2009/2010 ish.
Me too but I hardly use it now these days.

I only really use it to find some more unrealistic media related news if I’m bored.

OverratedOpinion

I generally go to BBC if I want to know the news (will search twitter if I really care about something and want to know the most up to date info) and occasionally go to the athletic if I want to read an article or two to pass the time. Although my trial ends either next month or the month after and it isn't worth the full price at all.

IRELANDUNITED

Talk of the Devils? Do you listen to it on YouTube? It's getting very, very low views... Why's that?
I listen on Spotify. It was one of the first United podcasts I came across when I first got Spotify and I’ve listened ever since, as for the low ratings I’ve no idea.. are there any other United podcasts that you’d recommend?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Was just about to mention that, must've checked it everday at school in IT lessons in early 2000s. :lol: Had forums pages for every prem team in those days.

I do think this forum is genuinely one of the best for quickly breaking european/world football news and opinion given the mass reach of fans a Man. United forum can attract so actually prefer reading it on here compared to say Espn/Skysports/BBC.

ROFLUTION

NewsNow it seems to pull the story's from all over the internet and have it in one place. You just have to know what are BS and what's likely to have a grain of truth in it

BBC and twitter
newsnow here too - search for Man Utd. great to get an overview of what every media is writing about. Lots of BS medias, but you get an overview of what news there is a lot of “smoke” about

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Newsnow.co.uk is an aggregator that collects news from many different websites, and has a whole section for each club including ours.

Search 'newsnow man utd' on Google and you shall find. Also I love the feature to hide the poor quality content websites on there, less waffle and more substance.

Chairman Steve

BBC is the first I go to. It used to be Sky Sports before their reliability went down the toilet about 10 years ago.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Voetbalzone.nl

Though I mostly just talk shite in the comments, because the level of the articles on there would make the daily mail blush.

They do have all the headlines though, since they just copy it from elsewhere.

facchiano

Here. Before it was mainly goal.com (back in high school) and fotbollskanalen (and frequenting the United Forum on there).

I think we usually keep a high level of discourse on here especially with a lot of people in the know frequenting these forums.

flappyjay

Only redcafe for me nowadays. I still follow the sky sports page, BBC and the others on Facebook but when I am really looking for news I come ove here.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
I just came in to post that: football365 used to be my site of choice (outside of the Caf) but now it's only the Caf as i think on here a ton used to say F365 were unreliable/crap. The Athletic is supposedly a good outlet but it's paid for.
F365 has some really sharp humour, but the ads are killing me. I guess I'm going to give Reddit a try, even though I hate the fact that any idiot can post in there.

This is what makes the Caf great. Only idiots of a certain ilk are promoted.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
If you're addicted and wants everything the second it happens: Twitter. Otherwise Reddit is the easiest and best concentration of news. Plenty of third-party apps to have it presented in a cleaner way than the website.

Strootman's Finger

My go to websites for info are Global ESPN Football and Football365. Mainly go to them out of habit, because i have used them for 20+ years. But if I am looking for up to date information it's Twitter, there is no other option.

This comment probably won't go down well, but it's the truth, the fact that in two pages I am the second person to mention twitter kind of explains why so many people on here are lacking so much information. I actually think this site is a great resource too, similar in a sense to twitter, because there is a lot of up to date info posted regularly, but that's probably because it all comes from the users who are on twitter.

I only started using twitter a couple years ago, and in many ways, I still don't like it, but in 2023 it's just not possible to be fully in the loop of what's going on, unless you are involved in twitter. And people on here rant about how stupid all the twitter people are, bla bla bla, but's it's 2023, twitter isn't just a bunch of rando pretend ITKs, all the journalists and media outlets are on there. Do you think you would get the most info from reading Luckhurst's articles when they come out every couple days, or if you follow him on twitter and get news as it's happening?

Strootman's Finger

On a related note, what Twitter accounts would you lot recommend to follow for footy news and analysis?
David Ornstein and Fabrizio Romano are probably two of the best. United Stand twitter account is pretty good, reliable info, but just agregrating news from other accounts, mufcmpb is the same, and good as well. Philip De Bruin is another good one, Laurie Whitwell, Mark Ogden. Then I also follow journalists that are considered reliable in other countries, to get transfer news from the other side, Christian Falk is good, Florian Plettinberg, Mike Verweij.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
David Ornstein and Fabrizio Romano are probably two of the best. United Stand twitter account is pretty good, reliable info, but just agregrating news from other accounts, mufcmpb is the same, and good as well. Philip De Bruin is another good one, Laurie Whitwell, Mark Ogden. Then I also follow journalists that are considered reliable in other countries, to get transfer news from the other side, Christian Falk is good, Florian Plettinberg, Mike Verweij.
Nice info!

EggMan85

F365 has some really sharp humour, but the ads are killing me. I guess I'm going to give Reddit a try, even though I hate the fact that any idiot can post in there.

This is what makes the Caf great. Only idiots of a certain ilk are promoted.
Football 365 is absolutely fine when I'm using the Brave browser, I don't get any ads at all which makes it lot more pleasurable to use.

As others have mentioned, there's a cracked version of the Athletic app online which gives you access to all their articles and podcasts for free and the indepth content they put out is pretty damn good .

I enjoy the Talk Of The Devils podcast with Andy Mitten and the rest of the team for the pre/post match reviews.

mu4c_20le

NewsNow it seems to pull the story's from all over the internet and have it in one place. You just have to know what are BS and what's likely to have a grain of truth in it

BBC and twitter
I used to use this site back in the 2000s but probably stopped somewhere during the rise of social media and it fell behind. It's still a decent aggregator, I just rediscovered it recently and put it back my bookmarks. But it's like a relic now compared to twitter or even just google.

atkar83

Bloke can swing from an absolute negative nelly to bouncing off the walls' positivity within a few minutes based on whether we score.
I'm out in Canada so I don't hear or see him during games. My only access to him is the podcast. He's usually pretty level headed, although mostly negative the last year or so with how shit we were pre eth

justsomebloke

I subscribe to The Athletic (but I wouldn't be if I had remembered to cancel before it renewed). They have some good depth coverage (if rather less than you could reasonably expect, and less than you get for f.e. the NHL), but they're not really my go-to for football news. My default is The Guardian. Sky Sports really only for their daily newspapers sweep, I think their commentary and analysis is generally poor.