What's your lowest point as a supporter since 2013?

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
The run under Ole at the end of last season was by far our worst in the last 25 years but for feeling low it was last summer. We had come a comfortable 2nd in the league, got to the cup final and cruised through our champs league group in 1st but what should have been a good base was wasted. Mourinhos Seville comments, losing the cup final and city getting 100 points mase it feel a worse season than it was. Then we had Ed refusing to back the manager, Mourinho throwing his toys out of the pram and Ed briefing the press against the manager he’d just given an extended contract to. It could have been so much better but at that point I could see the car crash we are now in

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
It's between the Sevilla result (football heritage presser) and the last few games of last season, when it sunk in that we are well and truly a Tier III squad in Europe now.

yamo123x

- Olympiakos first leg (Moyes season) was bad, however the last few months of Mourinho's reign was a toxic as things have ever got. Moyes was out of his depth, but at least he didnt hang players out to dry and took it on his own shoulders...whereas Jose was only interested in Jose

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Sevilla, haven’t seen a game as bad as that. Hugely disappointing.

Ole’s end to last season was pretty disgraceful too. Had a manager that was not our own did that, would have been sacked.

Josep Dowling

When we lost 3-0 to Stoke under LVG. I just knew we would get battered and even put a bet on we would lose, something I would never do. I think that was the realisation it was going to take years for the club to recover. We still haven't.

That game was potentially eclipsed by the Everton 4-0 mauling last season. Just because not a single player tried that game. In the end I was just laughing at how bad we were.

Billy Jim

I think the worst singular moment was actually losing against West Ham to miss out on the Champions League under LVG. We were 2-1 up ffs.

For a longer, more chronic feeling of dread and negativity, the end of last season definitely stands out. All the excuses had run out, all the problems laid bare, seemingly no light at the end of the tunnel. Dark stuff.

RedNed77

Pretty much all of the second season of LvG's reign. I actually started walking off from the football to go and wash dishes, we were that dull.

flappyjay

December lvgs second season, we couldn't buy a win to save our lives. Lost to stoke, Bournemouth and Norwich. Three shit teams in a row and the football was appalling

MartinRed

I found Mourinho shitting on the club in his presser really low. Our boss openly downplaying our club and bigging up himself after a loss. Should have fired him there and then instead we let him self-sabotage the team next season.
We should never really appointed him.He was never fit for United.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
The hiring of Moyes was probably the lowest point. I actually thought it was a joke/rumour, at first, but when I saw it on the back pages of the newspapers, I knew that the club was heading downwards.

Last season, the months following the PSG match, our relegation form was a new low (though not as bad as Moyes).

An honourable mention is when under LVG we lost/drew every single match in December. The football was really boring, too.

diarm

The West Ham away match when they attacked the bus.

It was the first time I was ever ashamed of the players wearing our shirt. Squealing around like school kids on the floor of the bus and then they went out in a crucial match for the top 4 race, and let themselves get bullied around the pitch for first 40 minutes after which the game was gone.

Not a leader, a backbone or a bit of fecking pride among the lot of them. I clearly remember that being the day it sank in for me how far the club had fallen and that we were supporting a team full of spoilt, entitled pricks who couldn't give less of a shit about the shirt they were wearing.

el3mel

The last few months of last season. These were far worse than LVG's shambolic 8 winless games and entire Moyes season.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Yeah it’s never got as bad as it was towards the end of last season.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
The free fall at the end of last season. Really thought we'd finish in the top 4.

ottosec

That LVG run where we couldn't even score a single goal and we just passed it sideways all game.

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher
Last summer. I’d have cancelled the full season given the chance. All Mourinho wanted to do was tear the club down.

The Fulham game under Moyes remains the most farcical match post-Ferguson. Hilarious in hindsight.
I remember us having around 100 crosses with less than 10% hitting our players.

Also, the Norwich game we lost in december during LvG's final season.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Last season and the summer before have been really hard. The summer before, we needed investment, we all knew it, but it didn't materialize and instead we got strung along till the bitter end until the briefings started. Between that and Jose seeing his arse over it all, the pre season was in ruins.

Then last season, that run of results towards the end was like I'd died and was stuck in some sort of never ending hell with no light at the end of the tunnel. I stayed for the lap of honor after the last game of the season and it was surreal. I've been a season ticket holder for a long time and I couldn't help but compare it to the end of season celebrations under Fergie. It was such a weird, but very low, atmosphere. That felt like a serious low point to me, like players and fans alike had concluded between them that they aren't good enough, an acceptance from both sides. I just looked around and the players looked sheepish whilst the supporters just stood, arms folded, staring as they passed by.

This is why it annoys me to see people shouting down any negativity (realism) because it feels like people have forgot/got over the lows of last season. If there was no summer break to forget what happened, I guarantee the atmosphere would be different on here.

witchtrials

Oh, (dis)honourable mention should go to summer deadline day 2013. I wasn't thrilled by Moyes' appointment by any means, but with Ferguson's backing and out of a desire to support the manager it'd been possible to entertain the idea that he would "level up" and flourish into a better manager at United. As the end of the window neared it was already abundantly clear we were making hard work of recruitment but there was still some hope that we might achieve something. Boarding a ferry in the early evening the two active rumours were that we were in for Herrera and Fellaini. Overnight I was pleading for a deal with the universe: I was OK with missing out on Herrera as long as we hadn't signed Fellaini. Alas when I got phone reception I read the news about signing Fellaini and missing Herrera, and it felt like the moment where we confirmed that rather than elevating to United's level, Moyes was going to drag us down to Everton's. The farcical details of the Herrera pursuit added an extra dash of hopelessness.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I'm afraid it was most of last season.... with a bit of breathing space in Ole's first few weeks. Our play was certainly worse than in the season we went down

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
We should never really appointed him.He was never fit for United.
Perhaps he would have been better suited to take over straight after Ferguson. He was already pining for the job when he was at Real Madrid. If there was anyone who had the ego fill in after Fergie it was him even if he was and is a total cnut. Klopp or Guardiola were always more suited to this club though. Such a shame they are managing our biggest rivals.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Moyes and lvg dismantling everything from records to players who loved playing for us like hernandez and the twins

Devil may care

The angriest I have been was last season under Mourinho, just constantly feeling pissed off, but the lowest is actually right now as I have zero interest in the season as we've not done nearly enough to improve this team, we've not done anything to fix the structure above the manager, our best player doesn't want to be here and I've completely lost faith in the two forwards that are supposed to carry the load this season, this set of players in general have just let us down so often that at this point even if we have 3 or 4 good games you feel the next dip is right around the corner as consistency is not in their vocabulary.

I'm not even mad anymore as I've just resigned myself to the fact we are miles behind Liverpool and City and lack the structure due to our owners to make up the ground needed, and nothing will change until there are changes at the very top.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I think when Moyes got rid of the coaching staff, might have been the worst.
That was the start of everything.

fergosaurus

Huddersfield away last season when we needed a win to stay in contention for top four and we put in a disgraceful performance. I've never disliked a United team as much and this was just a couple of weeks after the 4-0 defeat against Everton. Just spineless.

SirAF

Ageist
Board not backing Mourinho after a strong 2nd place.

ManRed

Everyday Ed stays in charge it becomes my lowest point as a supporter. The lack of noise against him in the stands is concerning too, how long are fans going to remain patient.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
This is a bit like an AA meeting, ok.

Hello, my name's Rhyme Animal and I'm a Manchester United supporter...

I've been addicted to Utd since I was about 6 or 7 - and my lowest point in the Post Fergie years came when I found myself supporting a team that was managed by David Moyes and CEOed by Ed Woodward.

Thank you for letting me share this.

Sanchez7

Hard to beat the Sevilla game and that embarrassing press conference from Jose. I lost all resepct for him after that game.

On a bright note, I was at Wembley for the semi-final against Everton when Tony Martial stuck it in the bottom right corner in the dying minutes of the game. Fantastic atmosphere post game!. Lukaku had an awful game for Everton which just reinforced my belief that he wasn't top four quality.

Irwin99

Last year's pre season was the lowest i'd ever felt about United's chances for an upcoming season. The atmosphere around the club was dire (or more dire than usual). Thanks Jose :rolleyes: