What's your lowest point as a supporter since 2013?

GimmeThatBall_M8_NL

Now. The realization kicked in that City, Liverpool and Tottenham have better players on almost every position than us. Meanwhile Arsenal and Chelsea are knocking on our door on the race to top 4. I then realized realistically we can't even compete for the title AND second place. Third or Fourth is the highest we can get.
Yeah let that just sink in lads. The Great Manchester United, the biggest club in the world, the Greatest in British football is aiming for Top 4. If I said that 10 years ago I would be laughed at and told to feck off.
Next season is going to be very deciding on where this club is going. Are we gonna reclaim our past? Or will we be the new Liverpool from a few years ago?

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Right now.We have been pathetic in the market.
Pogba dosn’t want to be here but he’s still here?
Lukaku gone but not replaced?
80 mill spunked on an a center back who is no better than what we have?
Feck this lads.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
Has to be the 0-3 defeat at home to the dippers during Moyes prophecy.

I really thought they were winning the league that year and I was in a bar full of singing twats that day telling me so.

Thank Ba it didn't happen though.

buchansleftleg

The whole pogba training ground "bust up" that "the translator" engineered in front of the cameras.

It was just the sort of shabby manipulation of media and fans that I had hoped he had put behind him.

To me it felt like the actions of a disturbed mind and I knew he was going to create an unholy mess. I felt appalled that he was in charge of the club and was disgusted by his actions. I wish his reign could be scrubbed from our history.

SAFMUTD

I think Ive never been this resigned before a season starts. We are not even favorites to end in top 4, never mind comoeting for titles. Just hopeless, average squad at best and a below average manager. Doesnt really excites anyone.

Ralph1386

Now. The realization kicked in that City, Liverpool and Tottenham have better players on almost every position than us. Meanwhile Arsenal and Chelsea are knocking on our door on the race to top 4. I then realized realistically we can't even compete for the title AND second place. Third or Fourth is the highest we can get.
Yeah let that just sink in lads. The Great Manchester United, the biggest club in the world, the Greatest in British football is aiming for Top 4. If I said that 10 years ago I would be laughed at and told to feck off.
Next season is going to be very deciding on where this club is going. Are we gonna reclaim our past? Or will we be the new Liverpool from a few years ago?
This.

Ronaldo's Love Child

For me it was the Sevilla game...for two reasons.

#1 We needed a result yet the team played with no urgency or ideas or aggression. I caught myself checking throughout the match that we DEFINITELY needed a result and that I hadn't mistaken the importance of that match. We didn't so much play badly as just we didn't play at all ! It was one of the weirdest matches I've ever seen us play.
#2 Mourinho's press conference after the match where I had expected him to echo the feelings and dismay of Utd supporters but instead he went batshit crazy not even acknowledging that we played without any passion and "reminding" us that United are not really such a great club after all.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The Middlesbrough cup game in Moyes first season is one of them for sure. That was an awful game followed by awful penalties and a real deflated performance. A real kick in the balls that one.

Untd55

I'm surprised, I'm so much more into this season than last. Will the young strikers step up? Is the defence finally sorted? What about those youth players, how much will they play, are they ready? I prefer seeing Solskjaer's face in the touchline than Mourinho's. Lots to discover this season.
I guess that depends on whether you believe the youth players will play a lot. Currently, I am not convinced we are going to see them much.

The problem with that is we are going to see an almost identical attack and midfield to last season, so I don't see how there will be any real improvement.

The midfield in particular has me a bit unenthusiastic. We will see, though.

fps

I guess that depends on whether you believe the youth players will play a lot. Currently, I am not convinced we are going to see them much.

The problem with that is we are going to see an almost identical attack and midfield to last season, so I don't see how there will be any real improvement.

The midfield in particular has me a bit unenthusiastic. We will see, though.
I'm not blown away by the midfield, but I am fascinated to watch the battle of Fred vs Fred's nerves, and to see if he can conquer them. I hope he can, he seems like an attacking player with real potential, rather than a hapless DM. I don't think Pereira is good enough, personally, and reckon we'll see that this season. If Matic plays once a week and no more I think he'll be good.

Shinjch

The Sevilla game and press conference are hard to beat in my mind. A manager that should never have been near the club.

stevoc

The Moyes season culminating in that game of 3000 crosses which i was at. Moyes entire tenure has given me some perspective on everything that has followed.

Sea-Cow

I agree entirely (it was 42 passes and it was their third goal). At that moment, the cold realisation dawned that we are literally not good enough to be on the same pitch.

Outside the timeframe in the original post, but the 6-1 battering from them, Wolves in the Cup last year and not backing Jose, who I don't think we should have sacked.
Haha thank you for the correction! Maybe I tried to block it out!

42 passes?!?! Shocking

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I think all of the above.

Then there was LVG after a boring loss saying that 'He used to be a good manager,' or something similar, and knowing full well how far we'd fallen in 2/3 seasons

Shark

@NotShark
Back to back 0-1 defeats to Newcastle and Everton at Old Trafford in that Moyes season felt pretty dam low. Losing 0-3 to both City & Liverpool at home. Ugh feck off that entire season.

Josh 76

There have been so many.
But the one that stands out more than most is when Moyes was in charge and we were facing Brendons Liverpool at OT. (when they were going for the title). It was the first time we ever faced Liverpool at home and I knew we had no chance of getting anything out of the game. I was right. We got battered 0-3.

pacifictheme

The Moyes season culminating in that game of 3000 crosses which i was at. Moyes entire tenure has given me some perspective on everything that has followed.
Yeah moyes. We've not been close to that low since really. Even last season was better. Moyes destroyed the club, its been handled badly since but he took a team that won the league by 10 points and came 7th. And he still says he should have been given more time. The mind boggles.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Probably the FA cup final we lost against Chelsea recently even though I didnt even watch the match. As I get older I seem to have less free time so I dont watch football as often as I used to but I just straight up skipped this match. It was a cup final, in the past I would have always cancelled any plans for a cup final but for this one I wasn't at all arsed. My passion has grown for it again since but for some reason at that point I was probably my least interested.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That's just not completely true. They might have better teams, but individuals wise we're stacked with quality in some areas. Getting them to play well, that's another story.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The Middlesbrough cup game in Moyes first season is one of them for sure. That was an awful game followed by awful penalties and a real deflated performance. A real kick in the balls that one.
Sunderland

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Maybe when AdM grabbed the ball out of the air when it was still in play like he was fair-catching a punt in American football.

I thought, maybe these superstar names really are a bust. Maybe LvG won’t be our savior. Maybe a hot dog is a sandwich...

OverratedOpinion

I remember a game where we lost to Norwich (I think) under Van Gaal.

It was when we had basically gone 42 games in a row without creating a chance. That was particularly low as it was the time I gave up on him.

I had been so excited having an established top level manager after Moyes. The summer we signed Falcao, Herrera and Di Maria was so exciting. That match is when it dawned on me how deep rooted our problems were.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Lowest moment was that point in the Moyes season where you finally realised it wouldn't just click back to normal.
Not quite sure when it was, but the first few months was just looking at the names on the teamsheet in disbelief, as they'd lose another home game to some utter guff at home.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

It was when we had basically gone 42 games in a row without creating a chance. That was particularly low as it was the time I gave up on him.

I had been so excited having an established top level manager after Moyes. The summer we signed Falcao, Herrera and Di Maria was so exciting. That match is when it dawned on me how deep rooted our problems were.
The amount of home games that were 0-0 at half time with him was amazing. And must have been a record of how many ended 0-0 at full time.

Got lucky when a couple of injuries meant we stumbled on that formation to win 3-4 games very well v City and Tottenham, but apart from that it was pure tedium, despite getting back top 4 and getting the FA Cup.

BlueHaze

Where did you get this stat from? That's not even possible. :lol:

tomaldinho1

That Seville game
I'd known and accepted we were a rung or two below the European elite before that but that really opened my eyes to how far we'd fallen & long it'd be before we returned to the top. They played awfully and still thoroughly outplayed us at OT

Revan

Assumptionman
Maybe when AdM grabbed the ball out of the air when it was still in play like he was fair-catching a punt in American football.

I thought, maybe these superstar names really are a bust. Maybe LvG won’t be our savior. Maybe a hot dog is a sandwich...
:eek::eek::eek:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
It was when Moyes came out with the now infamous statement "we need to aspire to be more like City" mere moments after getting battered at home to Liverpool. It was then that I realised just how far we had sunk and in such a short space of time.

Thanks for that, Dave.

Jesse > Messi

It was when Moyes came out with the now infamous statement "we need to aspire to be more like City" mere moments after getting battered at home to Liverpool. It was then that I realised just how far we had sunk and in such a short space of time.

Thanks for that, Dave.
Completely agree.

stevoc

Yeah moyes. We've not been close to that low since really. Even last season was better. Moyes destroyed the club, its been handled badly since but he took a team that won the league by 10 points and came 7th. And he still says he should have been given more time. The mind boggles.
Yeah thats the important point for me, we've had bad seasons even last season we accumulated less points than 13/14 but at least there were bright spots. We just never got going under Moyes.

He was so bad he couldn't even get the runaway champions and a squad that had never finished outside the top 2 to even come 4th. That takes some world class mismanagement and buffoonery.

I understand why he says he needed more time, i don't understand why anyone else says it. He was never turning it around no matter how much time he had, he had lost the dressing room in record time and the majority of the fans were ready to turn on him.

Red Royal

Half time against Newcastle at home last year. We were 2-0 down and I seriously considered leaving Old Trafford.
2nd half was a thrilling come back and thankfully I stayed to watch.

However that whole half time I was numb, angry and depressed all in one. It was the lowest point for me by far.

Roosney

The Swansey defeat in April '17. We had a chance to squeeze into top 4 but played so badly it was painful to watch.

Tiber

From the start of preseason until the day we finally sacked Jose last year was fecking grim

Andy_Cole

The only time I considered getting rid of my season ticket was van Gaal’s season. Horrid football.

slored1

I'd say the West Ham game in October last year. We were so shite, turned the game off at half time and didn't watch any football for couple weeks. Looked like we lost on purpose, Jose played fecking McTominay as a centre-back and played Martial just so he could prove how Sanchez is better.