What's your lowest point as a supporter since 2013?

robinrooney

Moyes (always knew he was not qualified) post Xmas and Mourinho in his last month as manager

Just didn't want to go to games anymore (still watched them on TV). Mourinho especially drained the life out of me with his defensive tactics

reddevil702

There's been quite a few but overall last season as whole. Jose just pissing all over the club during his final months and Ole's losing run to end the season was the cherry on top. It killed any hope I had for this upcoming season, and made me realize how far United have fallen. We're borderline Milan and on par with Arsenal. Just living off past glory and aspiring to be like City ffs!

lysglimt

Scout
Depends how you look at it - there have been singlematches where I was completely destroyed afterwards. But the only time in my almost 40 years as a United-fan where I would say I hated it, was during the first 4 months of the 18/19 season. Moyes was bad - LVG was bad, but then I felt there was light at the end of the tunnel once we replaced the guys with someone better.

When we played Liverpool in december last year, it was PITCH dark - I couldn't find anything positive no matter how hard I tried.

m1tch

The football under LVG is the worst I've seen, although the football when the players want the manager gone is a close second. I'm not convinced we've seen the last of that either, the cart is still full of those bad apples.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Probably LVG's last season. The football was dreadful, but yet we somehow still won a trophy.

buckooo1978

various times under Van Gaal but Mourinho tops it for me

We were pretty awful from February to the cup final with Chelsea when we didnt even look like doing anything

the way he behaved/spoke in pre-season got me though - incredibly negative you could tell he just wanted the sack and it would be a terrible year

its the only season I wasnt looking forward to ever

Nori-

The mind numbing Van Gaal philosophy of making 300 passes before a failed attack is a close second but for me it has to be the atmosphere at United in the last few months of his time here.

It was so depressing watching our matches knowing the players weren't fighting for results. That with with Jose's constant whining and putting players down really made it hard to support this great club

Im super optimistic for the future though. Love the signings Ole's. It might take a year or two but i think we are finally going in the right direction

redshaw

Huddersfield away last season when we needed a win to stay in contention for top four and we put in a disgraceful performance. I've never disliked a United team as much and this was just a couple of weeks after the 4-0 defeat against Everton. Just spineless.
The end of last season is very upsetting.

What's more is we still have all of those players who were responsible for it. I shudder to think what will happen if we're not in a comfortable 3rd or 4th spot with a third of a season to go. These players will fold very easily. I can only hope new boys like Bissaka and Maguire can keep them honest. We have some very weak players.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Probably when we hired Mourinho. Up until that point I thought we were in the middle of a blip. However at that moment I knew we were in trouble and we were three years away from being a midtable side. Some of my United supporting mates couldn’t be bothered to go to games anymore. Our fan base was toxic (the Sevilla game being the worst I’ve ever been to) and I also knew he’d leave us in a poor place financially.

Will go down as one of the most bizarre decisions ever in football.

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
Losing away to FC Midtjylland in the Europa under LVG in 2016, it was 2 - 1 on the night but should of been 4-1

The second their second goal with their stupid wolf noise they played over the tannoy, never been so angry

Also 2-0 down to City at the Etihad in the 3-2, City were running rings around us and it could of been any score at half time to them.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Easily the end of last season. It was pathetic the way we showed no fight for 4th when it was wide open.

Let's not be too negative though. New season. New promise. Maybe we'll get 4th this year :D

Judas

Open to offers
The collapse at the end of the last season. Comfortably. Even when things were going wrong under Jose, I was looking forward to his eventual sacking and feeling positive we'd improve once he'd gone. The way we finished the top 4 hunt was unforgivable poor, the worst I've seen us play probably, completely void of personality, tactics and care. I felt like we were totally doomed, going in the wrong direction and that the club was completely lost. To be honest, its meant even now I've still got massive reservations about this season, because not enough has changed, and our manager is still a massive mastery.

chetan

The run at the end of last season is when I felt really disconnected from the club and football in general every since I seriously started watching premier league which was late 90's Through all the mediocrity during the Moyes LVG and Jose seasons I always had hope that it was just a phase and we would be back on top sooner rather than later. That run towards the end of last season, attitude of the players along with the incompetence of the board in general broke me as a fan.

unitedsoldier

I apologize for adding to the negativity that the transfer window has caused, but I'm genuinely curious what you all think about this.

Sir Alex left us on a high six years ago. Sure, most fans were uncertain of the future to varying degrees, but surely only opposition fans would have predicted the low points we've been to since then.

Can you pinpoint your darkest supporter moment since 2013?

Back to back 0-3's at home against L'pool and City? Sevilla? Anfield last year? Huddersfield & Cardiff collapses? The end of last season was probably the worst for me, as it was the first time I genuinely couldn't see how this could turn around anytime soon.
Mourhino last season really did a number on everyone... Not just the players although some of Them didn't help the turmoil... Problem is, the media and every media platform wants us to lose ground on our rivals massively... I personally think we'll surpass Liverpool... So overrated it's unbelievable...

Eddy_JukeZ

Jose's last game in charge at Anfield.

We looked like a pub team just playing not to lose by a big margin. They had 30+ shots on us and 60+% possession.

Ironically, him getting fired was maybe my highest point as a supporter post-SAF too. I thought we would finally change our ways.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Jose's last game in charge at Anfield.

We looked like a pub team just playing not to lose by a big margin. They had 30+ shots on us and 60+% possession.

Ironically, him getting fired was maybe my highest point as a supporter post-SAF too. I thought we would finally change our ways.
We have.

Get ready for a great season.

Web of Bissaka

• Moyes whole season from start to finish, I lost confident when he's announced as the new manager, then lost hope from the first few matches.
  • LVG's Philosophy Final Stage finally came into fruition in 2nd season, expectations hurts.
  • Mourinho's interviews shitting on the club's history and players immaturely non-stop in 2nd season which he then continues the next season. Disrespectful. I don't mind his 1st season public criticisms of players, but the 2nd onwards are going too far. His criticisms of Ed are fair, though surely he should know it won't work to get what he wants.
  • Ed's and his team of yes men, proving to be incompetent in the football aspects after having no good and right managers to hide them, still insist on maintaining their incompetent working structure, making no changes in key areas at the top, for consecutive 6+ seasons now.
  • Players, majority of 'em dropping their level of effort, it's damn so clear, for whatever bs reasons in season 18/19, both during Mou then later with Ole. This one probably hurts the most for me since it's most recent.
All five of those are the lowest point.

Jules_T

My biggest question on this thread is why you'd want to know? Let's share our worst moments from the last few years.

Cool, sounds like fun!

Caftards can be such masochists.

always_hoping

Can't really blame Moyes anymore. LVG and Mourinho were allowed to splash the cash to build the teams they wanted. Moyes fecked up badly but he can't be blamed for what happened since.
I blame those that appointed Moyes more than Moyes himself as he was never going to say no when asked. LVG took over a team that were in 7th place, a once good manager that hadn't moved with the times while Jose did alright in season 1 (league cup and Europa cup won) and season 2 81 points but last season he clearly wanted to be sacked and was totally lost without Rui Faria, no doubt whatever job he takes next he'll have Rui back with him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The period from that Sevilla game until Mourinho got sacked was as bad as Moyes' time here IMO. Single moments, probably getting hammered by our rivals regularly under Moyes.

Also what negativity has the transfer window caused? We've spent £150m and finally strengthened 2 positions we tried to get by with only cheaply addressing them for years which led to our current predicament.

El K2k

Fulham game has to be it! My God that was awful
Losing to MK Dons 4-0
Liverpool winning the Champions League.

miked99

Being absolutely slaughtered 0-3 at home to Liverpool, the only saving grace being when Slippy G missed his penalty and failed to score a hat-trick.

Closely followed by the city game immediately after. I remember leaving the house for that game thinking there wasn't even a 1% chance of us getting a result. I'd never felt like that in all my years following United. And then going a goal down within 45 seconds...

Angelinho

Van Gaal era when we did not score a first-half goal at home for 11 straight matches. The games were so devoid of entertainment, that even when we won, it was a draining experience watching.

ReallyUSA

Overall: When we were the most boring team in league.
Personal: When my ex spent an absorbent about of money for us to go to the game vs San Jose. The team was not even trying to be entertaining.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
LVG when it just wasn't enjoyable in the slightest watching United. I'd fall asleep, play with the dog etc. while we were on. A few games where I just didn't bother watching because it wasn't worth the time. Was also when I stopped going to OT completely because it certainly wasn't worth more time and lots of money. I even turned down a free ticket. There was just nothing good about watching us.

Blind pew

I had an awful sinking feeling when Moyes got rid of the coaching staff and replaced them with a bunch of nobodies. That should never have been allowed to happen. Much of the dross we've witnessed since can be traced back as far as that.

As for low points, it's hard to single one out. If pushed, I'd have to say the Everton game. I'm 47 and I've never seen United lacking in every element of a game as we witnessed that day. The fact that pretty much every player is still around after that I find awful to accept.

Raw

Van Gaal era when we did not score a first-half goal at home for 11 straight matches. The games were so devoid of entertainment, that even when we won, it was a draining experience watching.
The point at which we were ironically celebrating a shot (not even on target!) was the absolute pinnacle of LVG football.

LoSpritz

Being forced into wanting City to win last season, as the better of two evils

Bestietom

Watching this great club sink lower and lower each season, whilst playing shite football.

fergosaurus

The end of last season is very upsetting.

What's more is we still have all of those players who were responsible for it. I shudder to think what will happen if we're not in a comfortable 3rd or 4th spot with a third of a season to go. These players will fold very easily. I can only hope new boys like Bissaka and Maguire can keep them honest. We have some very weak players.
Every season since Fergie retired I had optimism going into a new season, even with Moyes who I didn't want here. With this squad I've very little faith that they'll not start to crack when the going gets tough. Our midfield options are dire, Pogba doesn't want to be here and in attack we're relying heavily on players like Martial and Rashford to go up a level or two which they've shown very little indication of doing.

On a positive note Maguire and AWB are brilliant signings and I hope Greenwood, Gomes, Chong and Tuanzebe get a fair crack at the whip.

redshaw

Every season since Fergie retired I had optimism going into a new season, even with Moyes who I didn't want here. With this squad I've very little faith that they'll not start to crack when the going gets tough. Our midfield options are dire, Pogba doesn't want to be here and in attack we're relying heavily on players like Martial and Rashford to go up a level or two which they've shown very little indication of doing.

On a positive note Maguire and AWB are brilliant signings and I hope Greenwood, Gomes, Chong and Tuanzebe get a fair crack at the whip.
Bissaka and Maguire seem like Fergie type signings. Probably the first time I've felt that since 2013. The kids can help a lot with the enthusiasm and ability to go at players. Ole hopefully bringing in some much needed balance to the shaky attitudes.

fps

Bissaka and Maguire seem like Fergie type signings. Probably the first time I've felt that since 2013. The kids can help a lot with the enthusiasm and ability to go at players. Ole hopefully bringing in some much needed balance to the shaky attitudes.
Completely agree that they seem like Ferguson signings. I'm much happier going into this season with Ole there, he cares, and the recruitment is better so far.

fergosaurus

Agree with all of that. Daniel James seems to fit the mould of a Fergie type signing as well but we'll have to be patient with him. I like the fact that Carrick rates Longstaff so highly after so few games but I can see why we're holding back on spashing £50m on him.