What's your midfield three with everyone fit?

OldTrevil

This. But with the variant of 4231 against the low block. Put Pogba a little deeper role.
Yeah that could seamlessly work, with Pogba dropping in a double pivot alongside Fred behind Bruno, who can also drop and switch with the former sometimes. Those three are so versatile, creative and technical that we'll be able to open most stubborn defences out there, especially when you add the quality and goal-threat of our 3M forward line.a

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I'm not sure what's worse. The fact some people wouldn't have Pogba in the side or that some have Matic in it.

Pogba and Bruno walk into our team and the fact neither are #10s means you don't need a "proper" DM. Fred or McTominay alongside them would be a wonderfully balanced midfield.

Ekeke

Pogba and Bruno ahead of McTominay or Fred in a 3 and scrap the player in the hole.

As I was speculating about in the summer, I think Pogba and Bruno can play together because Bruno likes a tackle and can press aggressively

TRUERED89

Yep, we need both in the team to be honest.

People forget that City were at their best when KDB and Silva or B.Silva and Silva were paired with Fernandinho.
To be fair, Pep found a way to get them all in when not injured. With Bernardo often coming off the right and KDB and Silva central.

Eric's Seagull

Yep, we need both in the team to be honest.

People forget that City were at their best when KDB and Silva or B.Silva and Silva were paired with Fernandinho.
I get your point about City an it was very effective. But if we were to play with Pogba and Fernandes. Do you think it would work with Fred behind them or do you think we would need to get a more defensive player if Pogba stays?

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
With the current team as it is I would have McTominay, Fred and Pogba, with Bruno in the front 3 with Martial and Rashford.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Would youu play Bruno on the right of the three?
Yes I think so. Would aim for AWB (or Dalot) to support the attack. Fred and McTom in front of the back 2 leaves a good base for attacking full backs and should give Bruno almost a free role. Pogba could also get down the left.

In other words it is a standard 4-3-3 but with an eye on this when we have the ball:

‐------------------------De Gea-----------------------
--------------Bailly/Lindo----Maguire----------
AWB--------McTom--------Fred----------Shaw
-------Bruno--------------------------Pogba---------
--------------Martial------------Rashford----------

Influenced by James not being good enough to start for us IMO.

Last edited:

Eric's Seagull

Yes I think so. Would aim for AWB (or Dalot) to support the attack. Fred and McTom in front of the back 2 leaves a good base for attacking full backs and should give Bruno almost a free role. Pogba could also get down the left.

In other words it is a standard 4-3-3 but with an eye on this when we have the ball:

Seems decent. I think it could work well.

AneRu

I like this and I have been advocating for us to use it next season should we sign Grealish.

The biggest advantage is that we use our best players in their best positions, Martial and Rashford as forwards without the responsibilities of a lone striker, Pogba and Bruno up the pitch with McFred providing the base. A big improvement will however be needed from the fullbacks but I think with a front four of Pogba, Bruno, Martial and Rashford we will score enough goals to be competitive.

Canadianred17

I'd remove Fred and put in Pogba.

McTominay would serve as the defensive shield and "watercarrier".
Not enough quality on the ball for me McTominay. Very limited technically. Offered us nothing today but "running and passion".

Easily our best midfield:

McTominay Fred Pogba - Bruno plays further up

Pogba will not play more than a couple of Euros aimed fitness cameos again for us though so Matic replaces him by default.

Hughie77

If pogba, wants to play, it's Bruno, Mctom, Fred, pogba as a 10 realy , I think Bruno is better as CM not as a 10 , he gives you more in there with his passing, I'd realy would like to see if those do play together.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Depends on the opposition whether I'd opt for Fred or McTom, obviously Pogba and Bruno.

Seeing as we don't have actual wingers, we could play them all, Bruno at #10 (or Pogba) and two non-#9s up front in Martial and Rashford.

yamo123x

Mctominay Fred Bruno without question

Go all out for sancho and play sancho martial rashford in front of it. That's a line up ready to compete
Half arsed martial..no thanks. Would rather it be grealish

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Pogba - Bruno
Fred

Allows rotation with McTominay, Matic coming in depending on the opposition, and you've still got progressive subs rather than playing the 4 and not having anyone to bring on.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
On current form it's Matic, Fred and Bruno. I think Matic has been a key part of us being more solid at the back recently.

I'd play Pogba on the left of a 4-2-3-1 while our attacking options aren't top quality.

cyril C

I thought the Everton setup was good if not for the early spoiler. We can have an aggressive 4231 against weaker side, and an aggressive 433 and conservative 433. The Everton game should be a conservative 433, with Matic - McTom sure starter, Fred / Pogba fighting for the remaining spot, Bruno (or Pogba) taken up 1 of the attacking slot. On an aggressive 433, Then either 1 of McTom/ Matic, remaining 2 MF slots go to Fred, Pogba and Bruno. If 4231, Bruno be #10, One of Matic/McTom, + 1 of Fred/Pogba.

We have got enough depth, variety and skill in the middle, provided that Pogba remains as a squad member not playing for himself, which I have doubt.

UpWithRivers

Im sorry whatever you say about Matic he is the only one that can play as a pure DM. Sit in front of the back four and play passes to Pogba and Fernandes. I prefer Fred and McTominay but neither are this player and they always play better as in a defensive 2 either with each other or Matic because they have the second player helping with the defensive duties. Pogba/Fernandes + one of Fred/McTominay can work in certain games but the best balance will come with Matic. If Pogba stays then I cant see how we can get Fred or McTominay as starters and we would need to buy a DM. See how City falls apart without Fernandinho. Rodri has sort of filled in but it doesnt work because he is more in the Fred/McTominay mould than a Fernandinho. Rodri might even have better stats than Fernandinho including tackles and interceptions, I havnt looked but I wouldn't be surprised. But its a completely different discipline. The space between the defense and Fernandinho was much closer. Rodri is much further forward. They might grow into the role but at the moment if we were playing City/Liverpool and you bet your house on United winning you would want Matic in there.

RkkMan

Is there any other name?

Fred-McT-Bruno picks themselves automatically.

Pogba don't want to be here.
Pogba in place of Fred until the summer comes he has to play if he's fit he's still one of the best midfielders in the PL

kirk buttercup

-------- McT --------- Fred --------------

-----MATA ----------------------Pogba-------
---------------Bruno -------------
-----------------------Martial/ Rash--------