What's your most satisfying title win?

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
It's been a rough 7 or so years, but overall we've been extremely lucky as United fans. Unless you're very young you'll have witnessed multiple title wins, a number of great sides and many great memories within each title winning season.

It's fair to say that winning the league title became normal for United. Honestly I feel like there were times where winning the league felt like clockwork. Not to say it wasn't extremely satisfying, but I think we'd be lying to ourselves if we said that every league win felt the same.

So what was your most satisfying league win? This will obviously be age-dependent but it'll be interested to see what supporters of all ages value as the best title win in their lifetime.

For me it was 08-09. We fended off Liverpool, we made Rafa crack and we looked unbeatable as a team in general. I wasn't to know we'd fall way short against Barca in the CL final mind. But I was 14 at the time and we had the best player in the world, incredible players surrounding him and I thought it was astounding that Sir Alex had created yet another incredible side. Just felt like we had the world at our feet at the time, and just as I was getting to that age where I was really understanding and appreciating the quality of the team we had.

So, as a supporter spoilt for choice, what was your most satisfying title win? And, if we win the league in the next 3 years, do you think it'd be more satisfying than that?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
2006-07, what a season that was. Played fantastic football and start of new era for ManUtd after being written off.

Infestissumam

12/13 was a lot of fun. After losing the 11/12 title in cruel fashion, getting right back at City after adding RvP was satisfying ... bittersweet in the end with Sir Alex retiring, but it was fitting to see him go with another title.

those three titles between 07 and 09 were great too. It was fun to see the powerhouse that Sir Alex constructed finally put it all together and silence the critics that had written him off.

Skills

Snitch
06/07

Beat a worthy challenger, played some incredible football and ended a title drought (in fergie years)

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
12/13 was a lot of fun. After losing the 11/12 title in cruel fashion, getting right back at City after adding RvP was satisfying ... bittersweet in the end with Sir Alex retiring, but it was fitting to see him go with another title.

those three titles between 07 and 09 were great too. It was fun to see the powerhouse that Sir Alex constructed finally put it all together and silence the critics that had written him off.
Did you not feel like there was a sadness attached to that 12/13 season?

Sir Alex was off, our squad was ageing and there was kind of this feeling that we just brought RvP in to do the job. Honestly might've been the one I enjoyed the least in a way!

OL29

Really enjoyed chasing down Arsenal in 03, there was an inevitably that we’d eventually catch them and it was so satisfying when we did. Seeing Ruud smash them in every week was fun too, with Scholes backing him up.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I was too young to really be involved in 92/93, but I'm sure people who remember it properly would say that one.

For myself it was 06/07. It looked like our reign at the top was over and Chelsea were establishing themselves as the new dominant force. They'd gone out and signed Shevchenko and Ballack to what was already an incredible team. Meanwhile we'd lost Ruud and Keane, and our two young stars of Rooney and Ronaldo had just had what a lot of people were saying was a major falling out. Then we came out and smacked Fulham 5-1 on the opening day with some brilliant football, and just kept rolling that way all season.

norm87cro

Have to say there are a few of them but I could generally agree with the 08/09 because of the added pressure. And offcourse the Villa game.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
92/93 by a margin. I mean, it had been 26 years by that point and the way we missed out the year before, to fecking Leeds of all teams, made it even better. The week of the Blackburn home game was absolutely euphoric.

youngrell

06/07 immediately came to mind. Getting back to the top and finally besting Mourinho was very satisfying.

Honourable mentions for 02/03, 92/93, 12/13 and of course 98/99 was the most special of them all.

Irwin99

06/07,
98-99,
95-96

I'm not sure of the order but those would be my top 3.

Ludens the Red

2002/2003. Secondary school at the time and it was a peak period for football banter. Like you couldn’t go into school if United lost to Arsenal or Liverpool. Going to a school with an overwhelming majority of Arsenal fans too just made 2003 that much sweater. Loved Ruud and he went on a crazy run that year which for me proved he was better than Henry @Grinner . Still remember Vidukas goal and going mad.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
2006-07. It felt like Chelsea had overtaken us as the dominant force in the country. We’d sold our top striker without replacing him & some people were even suggesting maybe Fergie was past it. We needed that title win & man it felt sweet.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
12/13 for me. The massive threat of City and their spending, losing out the year before. Seeing Sir Alex absolutely smashing it one more time. Rising to defeat his final challenger. Getting to see a player like RVP at his peak, in a United shirt, sealing number 20 with a hat trick and THAT goal against Villa.

A dominant and emphatic title win which has become even more special now we know it was the fairytale ending Fergie deserved.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
93 and it's not even close (even with Doubles and Trebles).

I'd waited so long, taken years and years of stick and through most of the time, Liverpool were hugely successful so the differences in our comparative seasons were even more apparent.

It was like a weight was taken off me. Everyone since has been great but you never forget your first?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
06/07. Didn't win it for three years before, I love our starting XI in that season.

siw2007

2006-2007 was by far my favourite. To be written off at the start only for Rooney and Ronaldo to tear up the league, Scholes and Giggs rolling back the years and the captivating attacking football on display. We beat a great Chelsea team as well.

Class of 93

2006/2007 as a lot of people have said here. A few different factors that all made it special:
  • The sense that Chelsea had overtaken us and were now the main footballing force in England. They had Mourinho, they got Kenyon, picked off transfer targets from us and set insane records (95 points with 15 goals conceded in 2004-2005). It all pointed to a change of guard (Spoiler alert: It was not)
  • Questions marks over Sir Alex and whether he'd been left behind. Two years ago we went out in the CL group stage and the knives were truly out. People questioning whether he was past it and should be retiring (Spoiler alert: HAHAHA)
  • Selling Ruud and only bringing in Carrick. Everyone thought we'd have no chance and had written us off. It made it even sweeter to win as we did
  • The quality of our start and the football we played. It was truly breathtaking and some of the finest this country has even seen. Pacy, one-touch, imaginative and fluid
  • The sense that this was a team that could dominate for years. We literally had the two best youngsters in the world at that time. Rooney was arguably seen as an even bigger prospect than Ronaldo back then (though this season started to change that perception)
  • That Roma match. I always got the sense that United underachieved in Europe; we never played with the swagger of a true blue-blood elite club that we are which is one of my big regrets. The 7-1 Roma match was so special for that reason. Handbrakes off, full-on attack against a quality side

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
2006/2007 as a lot of people have said here. A few different factors that all made it special:
  • The sense that Chelsea had overtaken us and were now the main footballing force in England. They had Mourinho, they got Kenyon, picked off transfer targets from us and set insane records (95 points with 15 goals conceded in 2004-2005). It all pointed to a change of guard (Spoiler alert: It was not)
  • Questions marks over Sir Alex and whether he'd been left behind. Two years ago we went out in the CL group stage and the knives were truly out. People questioning whether he was past it and should be retiring (Spoiler alert: HAHAHA)
  • Selling Ruud and only bringing in Carrick. Everyone thought we'd have no chance and had written us off. It made it even sweeter to win as we did
  • The quality of our start and the football we played. It was truly breathtaking and some of the finest this country has even seen. Pacy, one-touch, imaginative and fluid
  • The sense that this was a team that could dominate for years. We literally had the two best youngsters in the world at that time. Rooney was arguably seen as an even bigger prospect than Ronaldo back then (though this season started to change that perception)
  • That Roma match. I always got the sense that United underachieved in Europe; we never played with the swagger of a true blue-blood elite club that we are which is one of my big regrets. The 7-1 Roma match was so special for that reason. Handbrakes off, full-on attack against a quality side
Agree with all of this, but will also add that this side didn't know how to lose. Ronaldo's goal at Fulham, O'Shea's winner at Anfield, Rooney and Chris Eagles getting it done at Everton, Scholes breaking the deadlock against Blackburn with a dummy on the edge of the box... The side had quality but it also had a lot of grit that kept us going even as injuries mounted up.

Which is why we got blown away by Milan at San Siro... We literally staggered across the line against Everton while their first team squad had been rested for weeks!

Class of 93

Agree with all of this, but will also add that this side didn't know how to lose. Ronaldo's goal at Fulham, O'Shea's winner at Anfield, Rooney and Chris Eagles getting it done at Everton, Scholes breaking the deadlock against Blackburn with a dummy on the edge of the box... The side had quality but it also had a lot of grit that kept us going even as injuries mounted up.

Which is why we got blown away by Milan at San Siro... We literally staggered across the line against Everton while their first team squad had been rested for weeks!
Good point. Our injury crises that year was ridiculous. I'd argue we would have won the CL if we could put out a full strength team for our games again Milan. I think we were missing both our first choice CBs for the home leg where Kaka ran riot. And had a visibly uncomfortable Vidic who just recovered from a broken collarbone when we lost 3-0 at the San Siro.

We've really had terrible insane luck in Europe.

Theonas

Scout
It has to be 2007 for me. The narrative back then was how Chelsea were going to dominate the league for years. I know it sounds crazy now but Drogba was not considered the superstar he eventually went on becoming, which meant when they bought Shevchenko, it was seen as the final piece of the jigsaw that was going to make an already dominant side, potentially unbeatable. From our side also, we'd sold RvN, Evra and Vidic had horrible first 6 months with us and our only major transfer that summer was the solid, but far from game changing signing of Carrick. Everything looked as though the 10 or 15 points gap between us and Chelsea was only going to widen with that summer activity. I think that what makes the way we played and winning the title that season particularly satisfying.

I also love the 2009 win, not the best football we played or the most unexpected but there was something special about winning the title at Old Trafford against Arsenal with another CL final coming up. Something about it felt like cementing our place as one of the greatest PL sides of all time.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

That's the one that sprung to mind for me too, for the reasons you state.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
92/93. Apart from the fact that it was our first in a quarter of a century, my first ever game at Old Trafford was the Sheffield Wednesday game where Steve Bruce scored the two late headers*

*(I still never get tired of watching Nigel Worthington leaning on the post completely disinterested while the goal bound, match winning header sails right past his head. Its still one of my favourite ever football moments)

macheda14

08/09 the Macheda goal season.
Of course that’s the one I’d choose.

The only one in recent memory where it was us vs Liverpool as the two horse race. Im trying to think if there was ever another one where they were our direct challengers.

fps

Something from when I was young. I can’t get satisfaction from something I do nothing to influence any more. Maybe 96, the recovery, those Cantona goals and Schmeichel saves, especially against Newcastle, that chase was very exhilarating to my young self, following scores on Teletext or waiting for MOTD.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Without a shadow of a doubt 92/93 having waited so long. After that the titles came thick and fast and were almost expected and at worst we'd be close behind.

Then SAF left and players like Lingard were considered good enough to play for United regularly who would have struggled to get in our team even in our darkest days of the 70s . Hopefully this mentality is now being erased from our club and success is not far away but nothing will ever make me more happy than the 92/93 title.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
There are many notable challenges, but I'll always say the next one is.

The next title after this drought be will be the best one.

Tribec

This is easy, it will always be 92/93. As others have said, it had been so long since we'd won it previously, we'd watched Liverpool dominate and keep dominating and we'd only a couple of times looked like we could even get close to them. At school in Salford through the 80's the amount of Liverpool fans (glory hunters as many of them now claim to be United fans), was astonishing, equal numbers with United, but more than City. So after years of stick to finally win it, it meant we could taunt them and you know what had we not won another league I'd have been happy to say I'd see us win it just once.

I will also say that over time and winning it as much as we did, the joy of us doing so waned and so whilst I'd celebrate it wasn't quite the same. Now however, after watching City and Liverpool win it since our last win, and whilst we could suggest that City have dominated this period our next win will feel closer to that first win than perhaps any other afterwards as we've fallen and then risen once more.

Pughnichi

92/93 was pretty special. The last game v Blackburn and the sheer delight on Pallister’s fave when he scored that free kick!

SirScholes

I really liked 2002-03 season, the players all stood on the podium signing “we’ve got our throphy back”
Some classic games
Arsenal away 2-2 when Ruud raced away from almost the half way line
Newcastle wins 5-3 and 6-2 were amazing games
Forlans double against the Scouse, we scored some beautiful goals.

beckhams last season sadly

GenZRed

2006/2007 was the first one I am old enough to remember, even though I watched some towards the end of 2002/03 season, I wasn't old enough to really take it in.

I only wished I appreciated that team more from 2006-2009.

The 2012-13 season was great. I watched every game and the way we churned out wins was superb.