What's your most satisfying title win?

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
12/13 felt good yanking the trophy back from City proving that the rightful champion in 11/12 should of been United.

Besides that? The next one ;)

Adnan

Talent Spotter
1992/93 was my favourite because we hadn't won the league for 26 years. And does anyone remember those headers by Steve Bruce against Sheffield Wednesday when we were 1-0 down. :drool:

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
06/07 and 12/13.

I got into United by watching a few games towards the end of 92/93 when very young so can't say I took it in much and I was a kid for the 90's (beating Arsenal in 98/99 at the height of the rivalry and them having a fantastic team was something else, especially playing them in the FA Cup semis, and then of course winning the treble was sublime).

06/07 was 'we're Man United, we'll do what we want' coming back. A couple of years of teams striking blows at us and Mourinho in the ascendancy with him seemingly having SAF's number. It was great to watch such a young vibrant attack and we played some lovely stuff at times but it was the real coming of age for Ronaldo that sealed it.

12/13 was fantastic because it was a whole season rebuttal to that Agueroooooooo goal. Loads and loads of last minute winners after comebacks, lots of entertainment. Felt like a real 'feck off' moment to City - especially when we won it in the last minute at the Etihad with RVP's free kick.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I remember 92/93 but I was only 9 so I can't claim to have fully understood it or experienced the wait etc.

98/99 - I mean, come on.

2006/07 was a fantastic season for a variety of reasons, winning it back from that Chelsea team and for my money Ronaldo was at his most exciting and entertaining even if his crazy goalscoring came the year after.

2007/08 was also somewhat ridiculous, with the CL run along with it and being the best team in Europe, and that team might be the best we've ever assembled.

12/13 for RvP at his best and the emotion of it being SAFs farewell at the same time. That parade was something else.

I can't decide. All of them.

Castia

Loved em all but 2013 was special. SAF’s last season and after losing out to City in the last minute 12 months earlier. Plus watching V.Persie every week was a bit special.

eire-red

Some of the moments from the 08/09 season stand out, Macheda goal obviously, but also the Spurs comeback I think (5-2)?

I'm not really old enough to remember the 02/03 season all that well, and 06/07 was sweet but beating Liverpool in the 08/09 season, capping off 3 in a row means that season edged it for me.

Although, I think our next title will be the one I'll enjoy the most. It's tough watching the dominance of City and Liverpool, and I'm desperately hoping United are on the verge of another historic era. There are some uncanny similarities.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
98/99.
Finished the season very well after a sluggish start.
Beat off a good Arsenal team who had taken the title the previous season.
Added a couple of other tin pots that season too.
Won it at home on the last day coming from behind.
Won it with a super squad.

Tribec

92/93 was pretty special. The last game v Blackburn and the sheer delight on Pallister’s fave when he scored that free kick!
That was the last home game, we had our final game the following Sunday vs Wimbledon down at Selhurst Park. That day seemed like even more reds than ever had got in, it was bedlam at times in the away end. Just like the 70's you had people climbing up the floodlight pylons to watch that game and it also featured a young Peter Boyle streaking on the pitch and getting off without being caught. The sight of him whizzing past me to get to the pitch is unfortunately burned in my memory forever..

SirAF

Ageist
2006/07 was sweet after four years, but the 2009 title is also special to me because that just cemented United’s dominance at the time and was a big feck off to all the rivals :drool:

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
2006/2007 as a lot of people have said here. A few different factors that all made it special:
  • The sense that Chelsea had overtaken us and were now the main footballing force in England. They had Mourinho, they got Kenyon, picked off transfer targets from us and set insane records (95 points with 15 goals conceded in 2004-2005). It all pointed to a change of guard (Spoiler alert: It was not)
  • Questions marks over Sir Alex and whether he'd been left behind. Two years ago we went out in the CL group stage and the knives were truly out. People questioning whether he was past it and should be retiring (Spoiler alert: HAHAHA)
  • Selling Ruud and only bringing in Carrick. Everyone thought we'd have no chance and had written us off. It made it even sweeter to win as we did
  • The quality of our start and the football we played. It was truly breathtaking and some of the finest this country has even seen. Pacy, one-touch, imaginative and fluid
  • The sense that this was a team that could dominate for years. We literally had the two best youngsters in the world at that time. Rooney was arguably seen as an even bigger prospect than Ronaldo back then (though this season started to change that perception)
  • That Roma match. I always got the sense that United underachieved in Europe; we never played with the swagger of a true blue-blood elite club that we are which is one of my big regrets. The 7-1 Roma match was so special for that reason. Handbrakes off, full-on attack against a quality side
I'm glad 2006/07 seems to be the most popular season in this thread. I was just typing out a response but then found this post which summarises it perfectly.

The only thing I'd add as highlights during the title run-in:
- Consecutive last minute winners away at Fulham (Ronaldo solo goal) and Liverpool away (O'Shea after we were down to 10 men).
- Comeback at home to Blackburn 4-1 - remember thinking it was going to be one of those Brad Friedel masterclass games.
- Comeback away to Everton. 2-0 down to 2-4 up. At one stage Chelsea were winning whilst we were winning whilst we were losing which would've put them level with us.

Robertd0803

The next one will be.

Of titles won already has to be 06/07 for all the reasons listed already. It just felt like we were about to fade away in to the background when Chelsea became such a dominant force but instead it kick started arguably the most sucessful period in our history.

Too young to fully grasp 92/93 (think I was about 7 or 8 at the time) other than my team had won the league.

12/13 deserves a special mention as well.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
undoubtedly the first one in 1993 - especially with the huge disappointment of throwing it away the year before. The party at Old Trafford for that was the best ever - a silver lining that all the Scousers miss out on the same experience!

MattofManchester

2012/13 for me. Especially after losing the title to goal difference the way we did in the previous season. Alongside that, we were a team diminishing in strength to City(which we felt the following season), so it felt like a title that we absolutely had to win.

Chairman Steve

02/03 was pretty satisfying after the gooners talked a bunch of mad shit like saying the shift of power to London and Ljungberg is going to be better than Giggs. I remember Vieira crying at the end of that season saying Arsenal were better or something like that too.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
1992/93 was my favourite because we hadn't won the league for 26 years. And does anyone remember those headers by Steve Bruce against Sheffield Wednesday when we were 1-0 down.
This, easily.

And yes - I do remember Brucie's brace. That was insane, the way Old Trafford was boiling after the equalizer - and then...the winner...one of my greatest memories as a United fan.

I also remember traveling down to Coventry for the next match. Nothing too remarkable, as such, but I remember when that match neared its end (we won 1-0, having scored in the first half)...that was the moment when I truly started to think we'd actually do it (as in - win the league).

EDIT Another memory from that match is Cantona being subbed for none other than Bryan Robson, and the reaction from the traveling fans: everyone had embraced Eric by then, of course, but still chanted "the real number seven!" when Robbo entered the pitch (this was the last season without fixed squad numbers *).

2nd place: 2006-07. Fergie back on his perch, proved everyone wrong (again).

* Starting XI was always #1 - #11. Robbo entered the pitch as #12, if memory serves.

Last edited:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
08/09 was good. Liverpool thought they were going to do it but Macheda had other ideas. Of course we ended up finishing a few points ahead anyway but that moment was awesome.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
98/99 was special. Didn't lose a game from boxing day onwards, yet Arsenal kept up with the pace right until the end. Then Spurs took the lead in that final game, I thought it was all going to fall apart. Our next door neighbours at the time were United fans, when Cole scored that lob I thought the wall was going to come through.

08/09 was also great, beating Liverpool to the title even though they did the double on us that season was great, as was the Macheda goal on my birthday. Three in a row for the 2nd time in 10 years was quite the achievement.

Josep Dowling

Either 2006/07 or 2012/13.

2006/07 we hadn’t won the title for 3 years and it was the start of Ronaldo being one of the best players in footballing history.

2012/13 we were written off. We managed to sign RVP over City. I said at the time whoever signs him will win the league. We beat all the top sides away from home as well. It’s a shame the team wasn’t strengthened more that season as that squad was weak, and to win with such a margin to second.

jem

2006-7 followed closely by 2010-11, a lovable band of misfits (Berbatov, Nani, even Rooney given how dire his situation appeared at the beginning of that season.)

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This, easily.

And yes - I do remember Brucie's brace. That was insane, the way Old Trafford was boiling after the equalizer - and then...the winner...one of my greatest memories as a United fan.

I also remember traveling down to Coventry for the next match. Nothing too remarkable, as such, but I remember when that match neared its end (we won 1-0, having scored in the first half)...that was the moment when I truly started to think we'd actually do it (as in - win the league).

EDIT Another memory from that match is Cantona being subbed for none other than Bryan Robson, and the reaction from the traveling fans: everyone had embraced Eric by then, of course, but still chanted "the real number seven!" when Robbo entered the pitch (this was the last season without fixed squad numbers *).

2nd place: 2006-07. Fergie back on his perch, proved everyone wrong (again).

* Starting XI was always #1 - #11. Robbo entered the pitch as #12, if memory serves.
Sir Matt in the stands for the final game in 92/93 against Blackburn topped off by a Pallister freekick which meant all our out field players had scored at least once.

But that memory of seeing Sir Matt in the stands against Blackburn when we lifted the title will live with me for a long long time.

2006/07 was even more special because I remember Oliver Holt wrote a piece on Fergie at the start of the season which was extremely scathing and basically wrote Fergie off as a has been.

Suedesi

Personally I loved 06-07. Had zero expectations going into the season and thought one of Rooney or Ronaldo would be sold after the wink. Then started on fire playing some fluid football against Fulham, followed with a convincing win against Charlton and the rest was history. Memorable game - the comeback against Blackburn 4-1, with Brad Friedel playing spoiler for 60 minutes until Scholesey scored a trademark goal, and then Carrick, Park and Ole scored in quick succession. Great season!

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Has to be 19-20.
Winning the title after all that time. Knowing we have the best team in all of history. Showing those blue fecks across town that the city is in fact red. Ah.. Just too bad we couldn't do it with a packed stadium.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I was too new to football to really appreciate the 06-07 title. It’s gotta be 08-09 for me because of our horse race with Liverpool and Macheda capturing our imagination with that goal.

Edit: now that I think about it more, my real answer is 10-11. That title put us ahead of Liverpool!

Number32

The Treble 99 was the most satistying for me. The first and the only treble winner in England till this day. Never say die mentality that we showed against Arsenal and Bayern is immortal. We came into the campaign with limited expectations having finished the previous season trophyless.

Arsenal though they built a new dynasty after winning the title in 1998, and they probably did but we were their only nemesis to win back to back title and They finished only 1 pts behind us.

A tough run to win FA Cup and UCL had made it more incredible:
FA Cup: Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Newcastle.
UCL: Barcelona, Inter Milan, Juventus, Bayern.

How on earth we've won it all.