When City win the Champions League how will it feel?

lsd

The Oracle
We know it will happen and especially so after our defeat Wednesday night.

City winning the Champions League tonight along with the Premiership surely must us realise just how far we have fallen behind them

Remember the days of "this is how it feels to be City" at least then we were the only ones laughing at them. Now though everyone laughs at us as City somehow have fooled everyone they are still the plucky underdogs.

So how will you be spending the coming weeks?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Nothing will change. I've been desensitized when it comes into rivals lifting trophies after Pool won the PL.
The only thing I'll be looking forward to in football is simply ManUnited improvements. That's the only thing I care about.

Siorac

City winning the Champions League tonight along with the Premiership surely must us realise just how far we have fallen behind them
We haven't finished above them since 2013. Surely by this point everyone has realised how far behind we are, regardless of what happens tonight.

RedFish

Nothing worse than Liverpool winning it. I'm more gutted that they got into the top 4 tbh.

City don't mean anything, couldn't care less

Giggs' right foot

I'm numb to everything City does. I genuinely do not care about them. I don't even dislike their players or managers.

They will win everything in the world at some point anyway - and who knows - in a mere 20/25 years, they might have as many league titles as us, and still - don't care.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
It's an empty victory because they are such a small club with a small mentality. Bothers me much more when Liverpool win it.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Nothing will change. I've been desensitized when it comes into rivals lifting trophies after Pool won the PL.
The only thing I'll be looking forward to in football is simply ManUnited improvements. That's the only thing I care about.
Yeah, I know how you feel by Jan 2020 I was ringing up Dignitas on a regular basis to see what my options where.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It’s almost as if you can do anything if you have enough time and unlimited money. They’re the footballing equivalent of the monkeys and the typewriters theory.

Last edited:

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
My love for football will definitely go down a bit, it already has a little with the Super League fiasco. Really hope City don't win it.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Nothing worse than Liverpool winning it. I'm more gutted that they got into the top 4 tbh.

True. Even Leicester letting Chelsea get top 4 was more annoying than any result will be tonight.

Ludens the Red

We haven't finished above them since 2013. Surely by this point everyone has realised how far behind we are, regardless of what happens tonight.
Yup, if we were competing with them for trophies I’d imagine it’d sting a lot more as 2012 did.
They’d probably say the same about the periods they were yo yoing through the leagues. Can’t imagine they got all worked up over our trophies in the mid 90’s/00’s, there was inevitability about it and they couldn’t do anything to stop it just as we can’t now. All it really did was increase bitterness levels which it will here too.

They were always gonna win the CL at some stage too. May not even be tonight but it will happen. Just as Chelsea won it and just as PSG will eventually win it. These things are certain.
The way United and city are being run, the bottomless pit of money they have and the fact Pep looks like he’s ready to do a Fergie/Wenger type spell, it would not surprise me if over the next two decades they overtook us on a few trophy counts and so a day like today would be minuscule.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
The good thing is that unlike Liverpool it’s very easy to ignore. We can go on about how we don’t care but the rest of the world cares much less.

But even if Chelsea win, there’s really no banter angle for us right now, so I’ll be ignoring that too.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Terrible but inevitable. I’d honestly prefer you winning it over City.

It’ll also be the first CL final in a long time I won’t be watching.

JuriM

Don't care less who wins really, I just want to see epic final - not something as Liverpool and Spurs had, where favorite scored early and it was basically done and nothing much really happened.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The same as if Newcastle had been bought by the Saudis and you told me they would win the league within the next 10 years. I wouldn’t be surprised, I wouldn’t be impressed either or consider it any sort of credit to the club.

ROFLUTION

They are a weird size as everything they achieve is down to foreign money.

Inevitable they will win, but when they take titles away from us, Im a bit more bothered, but still numb after all these years of them in the league. We'd actually won the league this year had sportswashing state run clubs not been allowed.

The whole entrance of these clubs makes you feel numb about football in general, as even their new history of winning will be hollow.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

I disagree with the second bolded, but the first is 100% accurate for me.

I'd much rather City not have a CL, as it's obviously what everyone at that club wants and they are a rival of ours. That said compared to Liverpool winning it City; owned by an oil-rich state, new badge, relatively new ground renamed to suit their owners' business interests, transformed virtually stock and barrel from the club they were pre-2008, winning the big trophy doesn't add up to a row of beans. The PL win was always going to happen eventually, so while 'AGUEROOOO' was painful, taking the '36 years, feck all' banner down and slipping to second best in our own city having ruled it for so long sucks, this was something we had to take on the chin as an inevitability of the club down the road winning the lottery. Same goes this time; we'll take it on the chin if and when they win their first European Cup but honestly it's not in the same universe as when the Scousers won their CL/PL and looked potentially set to dominate for years.

RedFish

True. Even Leicester letting Chelsea get top 4 was more annoying than any result will be tonight.
True, the original plastic club of recent times, possibly.

Like others have said I'm also numb to what other clubs do now that Chelsea and the dippers have won the CL.

Honestly I only wish misery on dippers. That I know will never change.

slored1

Could not give a shit. Most money spent on a football team ever and the club is only relevant because of sportswashing investments.

snk123

People saying "don't care" are just preparing their minds to accept the worst. Of course it matters, it will feel awful. They'll not only win the CL - they'll win the treble whether you want to accept that or not.
It will also make them more formidable in the next few years by having the winning mentality and they'll probably go on to win another in a few years with Barca/Real rebuilding.

Paul_Scholes18

It already feels awful. Not going to enjoy the game. Just did bet some money on them getting the win so I have that in case they do. It is not even a bad bet since I think they will win for sure.

RedFish

I disagree with the second bolded, but the first is 100% accurate for me.

I'd much rather City not have a CL, as it's obviously what everyone at that club wants and they are a rival of ours. That said compared to Liverpool winning it City; owned by an oil-rich state, new badge, relatively new ground renamed to suit their owners' business interests, transformed virtually stock and barrel from the club they were pre-2008, winning the big trophy doesn't add up to a row of beans. The PL win was always going to happen eventually, so while 'AGUEROOOO' was painful, taking the '36 years, feck all' banner down and slipping to second best in our own city having ruled it for so long sucks, this was something we had to take on the chin as an inevitability of the club down the road winning the lottery. Same goes this time; we'll take it on the chin if and when they win their first European Cup but honestly it's not in the same universe as when the Scousers won their CL/PL and looked potentially set to dominate for years.
Yes Citeh are a rival but I can't get riled up about them. They're still like a you tube fad or phenomenon to me - like if you scratch the surface there is nothing there, just a void of emptiness.

I love some of their players, Dr Bruyne in particular but the club as a whole doesn't bother me. They lack meaning. Don't care.

Redfrog

We are bad for so long now that I doesn’t even care.
It was much more revelant when we were at the top and fighting for every trophy.

Now we are a top 4 club but with no hope for trophies. It was nice when we spent a day or so at the top but it was like a wild dream, nobody really believed we can do it at the end.

And being realistic I don’t believe we will fight for the title next year either. To do that it will take much more then a new manager or few new players…

It’s been 8 years now. We are the new Liverpool.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I’m away this weekend with a load of city fans :lol: Great to be me right now.

For me with City it hit immediately, when the takeover was announced and the talk coming out about what the owners plans were....that feeling over the next few weeks was as bad as it gets. Everything from that point is simply inevitable, I’m surprised it took as long as it did for them to get to this point (dominating leagues and winning CL) but it’s here and I accepted it 12 years ago.
On a secondary note, the people I’m away with are good people, supported City all their lives etc. Some of my family are city fans and some of my best friends. I honestly don’t begrudge them, I kind of hope for them they get to feel what we felt in 99.

To the City fans (majority) who called us Munich’s for years instead of United, who celebrated like they won the CL when Barcelona beat us in 09....I don’t care what you win. It’s not the result of anything your club has done. It’s based on the decision made by Abu Dhabi and nothing more. It was inevitable in 09 and its accepted as such.

Judas

Open to offers
Just a bit silly really, it’s not the same as Liverpool winning it, it never will.

It’s a hollow feeling. It still doesn’t feel real that Man City are winning things to me :lol:

laughtersassassin

I've decided not too be bothered with it.

If you ask me for my prediction they will have won atleast 3 in the next 6 years.

There is very little competition for them with the fall of La Liga.

Most traditionally top teams are in a bit of a rebuild stage.

It's insanely frustrating but at the same time what's the point getting pissed at it when our club isnt actually interested in competing with them?

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I couldn’t care less if City wins it. Actually I rather see them win than Chelski. Maybe because they won everything else this season so why not the CL too? They’re still small time club for me.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Yes Citeh are a rival but I can't get riled up about them. They're still like a you tube fad or phenomenon to me - like if you scratch the surface there is nothing there, just a void of emptiness.

I love some of their players, Dr Bruyne in particular but the club as a whole doesn't bother me. They lack meaning. Don't care.
On North West Tonight (the BBC local news show in the North West of England) last night they had pieces talking to City fans in Altrincham, an interview with Summerbee and one from Phil Foden's old school, which is all fair enough in the build up to a massive game for them. There was also a piece on the journey they'd made from very fine team in the 60s and 70s (Tony Book, Bell-Lee-Summerbee, Malcolm Allison, Joe Mercer etc.) to fallow years in the 80s and what would these days be referred to as a plunge to 'banter club' status in the 90s and early 2000s, through to their miraculous rise back to the top in the 2010s and early 20s. The takeover was barely mentioned as far as I recall, rather their upturn in fortunes was down to 'hard work and toil'. The only time oil money was brought up was when the presenter interviewed Andy Buckley, City journo and author, who when asked about the 'Abu Dhabi billions' said 'many teams get money, we've invested it shrewdly so that's tickety boo' and even had time to credit the generosity of Sheik Mansour who's funding the flights of all the fans because he 'understands how tough it's been for them in the pandemic'. I wish somebody had passed me a fecking sickbag, the way they're passing this off as some sort of fairytale rise against all the odds :lol:

miked99

It's gonna be a bit crap if they win. For years, I hated/dreaded the thought of them winning the PL. Then they finally won it, but hey at least Liverpool are still crap. Then Liverpool won the CL. At least they haven't won the league. Then they won the league. This is the last nightmare scenario that hasn't yet happened.

The last eight seasons have been some sort of emotional payback for the previous couple of decades.