When does Mourinho's job come under threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thiim

Can't see who we'd replace him with, and which sane manager would want to come and join us right now. Mourinho sure has a lot of cleaning to do and I really can't be bothered who gets their marching orders.
Manchester United is in limbo currently - we are not getting relegated but sure as feck aren't going to challenge for anything either, and that after spending the best part of over 250 million over the last 3 years.

SirAF

Ageist
He's hated him for years and thinks he's a total cnut who doesn't deserve to be at United. He's not got the honesty and integrity of Moyes who Twiggy loved to support
Pretty much this.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Comparing to the Utd then to the Utd now is ridiculous

But when people use this I always say, Ferguson actually initially improved Utd. He joined in November and stopped the rot and finished 2nd the following season. Then he went on to have a shitty couple of seasons

But He took over a club in a shitty state. Mourinho and the previous 2 were handed the keys to one of the biggest sporting names in the world with a blank cheque

And so far he has truly underwhelmed

I don't wa t him to get the sack, I simply cannot think of any other manager available at this moment.
We have had 3 seasons and around 140 games of dross. Mourinho isn't going to fix it in 10 games. He was never going to do that.

Threads like this ever cease to amaze me. This isn't Football Manager.

Ban

Are we close to it now?

We've got to stand by our managers but when does it become the point of no return?

As of now, I'm just so depressed. I wish we had sorted ourselves out properly. Why are we so shit?
In the third year. Just like LVG.

Classical Mechanic

Can't see who we'd replace him with, and which sane manager would want to come and join us right now. Mourinho sure has a lot of cleaning to do and I really can't be bothered who gets their marching orders.
Manchester United is in limbo currently - we are not getting relegated but sure as feck aren't going to challenge for anything either, and that after spending the best part of over 250 million over the last 3 years.
LVG had us competing for top four and winning a trophy.

Castia

It's starting to heat up now, he's not the same Jose we're used to seeing he's definitely lost something.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
What are you smoking man :lol: ? You're already setting up yourself for failure and disappointment, we cannot beat Burnley and you think we'll beat West Ham, Spurs, Place and Co ?
Things can't get easier than this. If we can't get wins until new year we're in real trouble and I doubt Jose will be here if we're below 10th spot. I think only wins are required now if we seriously want to get in a position where we can aim for 4th place.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
It probably shouldn't be anytime soon but he looks forlorn, I think it could be sooner than we anticipate.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
We are doing much worse than we were doing under Moyes.
Moyes inherited a mentally strong team from the great man. It was his tenure at the helm that caused this shit storm in the first place!

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Swansea
Arsenal
Feyenoord
West ham
West ham
Everton
Russian club
Spurs
Palace
West Brom
Sunderland
Boro

Anything less than a win in every single one of those games is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.
I think we will lose to Swansea. That's the first match on your list.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
We have had 3 seasons and around 140 games of dross. Mourinho isn't going to fix it in 10 games. He was never going to do that.

Threads like this ever cease to amaze me. This isn't Football Manager.

No, but we should be seeing better results. And most worrying for me is the performance levels of some of the younger players appears to have dropped dramatically

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Things can't get easier than this. If we can't get wins until new year we're in real trouble and I doubt Jose will be here if we're below 10th spot. I think only wins are required now if we seriously want to get in a position where we can aim for 4th place.
I can understand this POV but you still shouldn't expect the team to pull off something they haven't shown us they have the quality to do so. It's a guarantee way to depress yourself. We are a shit team, it is what it is, just hope for good results and accept that bad results can and will happen regularly.

EyeInTheSky

Are we close to it now?

We've got to stand by our managers but when does it become the point of no return?

As of now, I'm just so depressed. I wish we had sorted ourselves out properly. Why are we so shit?
Not 10 games into a season thats fore sure. What do you think we should do, get Giggs?

We need a minimum of 2 summer transfer windows and time to build his team. Too many utility players playing in a role they are not more than average in. 3 Managers and the same culprits are fecking up. Also players who shone in other teams don't just turn crap as soon as they put on a United shirt.

You werent "so depressed" when we were loosing every game and playing utter shite under LVG who you love so much and that was after 2 seasons. Hypocrite.

Bojan11

Van Gaal wasn't this bad. Moyes was just as shit.

O well. Maybe it'll turn out in the end but so far the signs are all there.
Van Gaal was this bad during his first season.

He was saved because Liverpool and Spurs were equally as bad and we didn't have European football.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Were there threads asking when his job would come under threat in November?
There were in December/January. While I remember that we didn't win a game in December 2015, and dropped some massive/crucial point during the Christmas period, Mourinho hasn't painted himself properly as well. 1 goal in the month of October. 1 goals from 91 shots. Pfft.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Are we close to it now?

What is wrong with you? You want him sacked after 3 months? Are you 5 yrs old? Grow up, ffs.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
There were in December/January. While I remember that we didn't win a game in December 2015, and dropped some massive/crucial point during the Christmas period, Mourinho hasn't painted himself properly as well. 1 goal in the month of October. 1 goals from 91 shots. Pfft.
That's his second year in charge...surely you can tell the difference

coolredwine

lameredboots
Van Gaal was this bad during his first season.

He was saved because Liverpool and Spurs were equally as bad and we didn't have European football.
There was also a definite style of play under LvG. Even though his lack of "attacking mentality" was criticised, everyone could see what he was trying to implement. With Jose, after 3 months, there is still no idea what he is trying to do with the team.

Berba's_Flick

Mourinho is doing a good job with improving our over all play, he was always going to take time to turn this around purely because of the size of the task at hand. I do expect him to have an eventful transfer window with him addressing or at least trying to improve us in a few more positions. He will be given that time and he deserves it, I for one am excited for the future. You can see that he is making progress albeit without the results. I believe that too will come

AXVnee7

There is a concern with Mourinho, because of what happened with Chelsea last year, and to some extent his last moments at Madrid. In both these situations he was unable to deal with pressure and he cracked under it.

It's a very delicate situation for us, because Jose needs time, but also in the same regard we should keep it in the back of our minds that there is a very plausible chance that he has 'lost it'. Failing this time around will be more severe than ever. We've got everything we wanted, a PL proven manager with arguably the best CV around, 3 world class players in Zlatan, Mkhi and Pogba (who we broke the WR for), and he's been given total control over the squad to implement his way of playing. If it doesn't work, where do we go next?

The people laughing off our results so far are equally as daft as those suggesting Mourinho is not the right guy from this. From my POV we should no more than simply accept this one of the possibilities. What is more relevant however is that our results are extremely alarming right now, and needs urgent intervention from Jose. What this is, is the million dollar question, but that's what he is employed to find out. As fans we should not be blindly supporting the manager, but doing our best to critically evaluate the situation at every opportunity.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
I can understand this POV but you still shouldn't expect the team to pull off something they haven't shown us they have the quality to do so. It's a guarantee way to depress yourself. We are a shit team, it is what it is, just hope for good results and accept that bad results can and will happen regularly.
I'm really disappointed with you. I didn't think you had that kind of loser mentality.

Kazi

When he can no longer qualify for the Champions League, just like for our two previous managers.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Klopp improved the style, but not results, until about 9 months from when he took over. Then results came as well.

Mourinho has improved us playing wise. He's not getting results so far. Hopefully he'll turn around the player's mentality, because that's our biggest problems. We've even signed serial winners like Pogba and Zlatan, both of whom have been struggling so far this season, so it's not just the player material.

Shark

@NotShark
This is not a Mourinho team, this is looking like Chelsea last season. He strikes me as a manager that won't turn it around as some believe too, he looks shot of confidence in his abilities and the players do too. Not good signs.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I'm really disappointed with you. I didn't think you had that kind of loser mentality.
Go on have that "winning" mentality then :lol:, we'll see if the club matches yours...
Jokes aside, I'm as realistic as it gets, we have deluded fans thinking that massive problems would be close to solving themselves because we keep spending so much on players and this time on Mourinho. We are out our level, you don't see average teams' fans hoping for unrealistic winning runs.

Treble

It's a bit early for this thread but the next two games could make it relevant, unfortunately. Losses/draws vs Swansea and Arsenal and we'll start to look like Chelsea from last season.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
LvG and Mourinho are good managers, and the club is still meandering after 3 years. I don't know what the problem is, but it's hard to see what another manager could do. And if we did turn to another manager at such an early stage, who could it possibly be?

I think we need to stick with a manager and not press the reset button every time we're out of the top 4. We need to let a manager fail and build on it. It will take time because we are awful and missing so many pieces. If we finish 6th, so be it. It will take a few more windows to sift the shite out of this squad. If we bin Mourinho this season because we finish outside the top 4, then we have learned nothing and will just keep floundering.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Some of you lot are fickle as feck. Mou here in a few months, feckin David Moyes at Sunderland is getting more time in comparison. Cop on and walk away from your laptop/mobile. Sad bunch of cnuts.

Bojan11

There was also a definite style of play under LvG. Even though his lack of "attacking mentality" was criticised, everyone could see what he was trying to implement. With Jose, after 3 months, there is still no idea what he is trying to do with the team.
You clearly missed the first 3 months of his reign.

As Van Gaal was changing his formation every game.

lewwoo

He must have another season whatever happens this one. There are a lot of players still in and around the first team that aren't good enough to challenge. We simply cannot keep hitting the reset button on managers while these players get to repeat the same shite under different managers. What happens if/when the next manager fails? Do we just keep changing every season? He needs two full seasons then look where we are. There is a common theme running throughout moyes, lvg and now jose's reigns. The players!

Reactions: sizzling sausages

togg

It doesn't matter who you brought in, we would be playing exactly the same way and getting the same results at the moment. There is something mentally going wrong with United at the moment and that doesn't change fast at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.