When does Mourinho's job come under threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Witchking

Not 10 games into a season thats fore sure. What do you think we should do, get Giggs?

We need a minimum of 2 summer transfer windows and time to build his team. Too many utility players playing in a role they are not more than average in. 3 Managers and the same culprits are fecking up. Also players who shone in other teams don't just turn crap as soon as they put on a United shirt.

You werent "so depressed" when we were loosing every game and playing utter shite under LVG who you love so much and that was after 2 seasons. Hypocrite.
Of course we require at least 2 summer transfer windows because United are a special club. While Pep who is new to the league to city to the club, clears out the dead wood, kicks out the fan favorite to do what is best for the club, yet we require 2 summer windows to clear our mess? So to clear the mess we made this transfer window by buying a 35 year old striker and a winger who Jose doesn't seem to like and to find the best position for the most expensive player ever will take another 2 summer transfers?

To give a manager time, you need to see something to believe that he is capable of changing things around. He is exactly as he was with Chelsea last season and we are playing exactly like we were last playing last season, difference is last season Martial was carrying United while this season it is Herrera and Mata to an extent, if only Herrera scored more goals.

He got the players he wanted, he really has no excuses by saying that the team was not ready and not mentally prepared.

C3Pique

Mourinho should be untouchable and the players should know it. If they won't play for him they can play somewhere else.

If the players think they can get a manager sacked through their performances then they will - its been proven that since Fergie left the players don't respect the managers.

coolredwine

lameredboots
You clearly missed the first 3 months of his reign.

As Van Gaal was changing his formation every game.
Yes, and he was trying out different things with every formation to see which are his best players and to see which formation are the players comfortable in. I haven't see anything of that sort of with Mourinho. He goes in with a flat 4-2-3-1 in every match with the opposition already knowing when and how to hurt us. With LvG's start, it was the complete opposite.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
What's your deal with Mourinho, Twiggy?
Because I don't like Mourinho.

I just don't.

As Bobby Charlton has alluded to he just doesn't seem the Man United type of manager. I don't care about if he does play shite football (points can be made for both arguments tbh)

I just don't like him.

He makes everything about him, he makes some extremely tasteless comments, he doesn't seem to have a history or loyalty with any particular club, his transfers havn't been great, and he's too.. high profile.

We as a club have never been about the biggest and the best. With our transfer policy as others have pointed out we make the players, people adapt to us e don't adapt for them. Someone like Mourinho will come in and want things done this this and that way, he doesn't seem to respect traditions.

He's a safe option. I don't even think he'd be that good out of his comfort zone though. He dropped on at Chelsea and left thier club in a shite position, and he's dropped on at Real with an incredible group of players and a massive transfer buget.
Still want Blanc. No to Mourinho
I don't want Moyes because he's not proven himself

I don't want Mourinho as he winds me up, to egotistical and wouldn't respect the clubs values.

So I want Blanc. In the middle.
Is it just me who thinks Mourinho leaves every club he goes in a horrid shape.

His whole style is so about him I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves right before he knows a squad is in trouble.

His squad he left at Chelsea and Inter were aged, and both clubs haven't spent since he left.
How can anyone want Mourinho? The guy is a prick! He's an absolute prick. He's honestly detestable. This isn't a few instances, he's disrespectful, he just physically assaulted another man the other day because he couldn't take a loss.

Please don't let him near my football club. He can feck off. I don't just want him at our club, I don't want him in the game of football. feck off you arrogant prick, and never darken the game again.
That's the thing for me as well. David Moyes just isn't tested, whereas Mourinho is tested... but is a complete tosser.

But there are far more options out there.
The only reason I like barce over Madrid. What a horrible man Mourinho is.
Really dislike him.

And he's not doing well this year at all.
There's no point in asking you what you make of the job Sir Alex has done because he's clearly the greatest there has been. You'd have to think though that his time was coming to an end in the near future. Is there a clear favourite as to who your fan base would like to see take the job in the future?

Not Mourinho for me. I don't think he represents what I want my club to be. Moyes could be alright. I'd love someone like Blanc and Ole to move up a level...
I've mentioned before that Mourinho has been awarded the "worst buy" award every year since he left Chelsea. Modric last year from Marca, can't remember the year before that. Queresma, Muntari and Rivas during his Inter stay. Hell remember Schevchenko, Wright Phillips and others from Chelsea?

Appalling record in the transfer market.

Who is going to win it this year
I am so so so so happy Mourinho doesn't manage our club. I really enjoy hating him and his teams.
I'd prefer Moyes over Mourinho as well,
I don't like his personality or what he represents in football. Would much rather LVG carries on.
fecking hell you people are actually going to argue why Mourinho isn't a good coach to ME?
The thread starter...no surprise at all

EyeInTheSky

Of course we require at least 2 summer transfer windows because United are a special club. While Pep who is new to the league to city to the club, clears out the dead wood, kicks out the fan favorite to do what is best for the club, yet we require 2 summer windows to clear our mess? So to clear the mess we made this transfer window by buying a 35 year old striker and a winger who Jose doesn't seem to like and to find the best position for the most expensive player ever will take another 2 summer transfers?

To give a manager time, you need to see something to believe that he is capable of changing things around. He is exactly as he was with Chelsea last season and we are playing exactly like we were last playing last season, difference is last season Martial was carrying United while this season it is Herrera and Mata to an extent, if only Herrera scored more goals.

He got the players he wanted, he really has no excuses by saying that the team was not ready and not mentally prepared.
Yeah just Like Klopps nightmare last season... Season is 10 games in, don't start handing out the novermber cup just yet...

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Sack Jose Mourinho 10 PL games into his first season, eh? Is it you, Roman?

He's not used to coaching a team of players who think it's okay to swap shirts and smiles after being thrashed 4-0 by rivals. He's not to used to players who're mentally weak, don't give fecks about winning or losing the game. The last time he had such players, they ended up getting him sacked, last season.

Sylar

If hes close to relegation this season, otherwise it should be judged after next season.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Christ, I knew he wasn't a huge fan but that's agenda driven stuff starting this thread.
:lol:

There's actually a lot more but I couldn't be bothered quoting it. There's absolutely no way he would have made a thread like this with Moyes or Van Gaal. He would have criticised a thread like this if it was made about one of them I bet

He's just having at nice dig at Mourinho who he absolutely hates

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Currently absolutely nowhere near seeing Mou get sacked, thank Christ.

When will we reach that point? Questions will be asked at the end of the season if we fail to make the top four. Even then, I could easily see patience being shown by the club.

Beyond that it would require an absolute meltdown on our/Mourinho's part.

The White Pele

People are getting ahead of themselves just because Moyes and LVG were sacked for not making top 4 and thinking the same applies to Mourinho.

Moyes was sacked because he looked completely out of his depth at a club of this stature.

LVG was sacked because he only had one season left to go and Mourinho became available. He was always a stop gap.

Mourinho is the man the club have put their faith in and I don't expect to see him sacked for results alone this season or next. Only if his position became untenable through his behaviour which I don't expect either.

Irrational.

Playing manager roulette is not the answer, as we have found for the past 3 years.

Give him a couple of seasons at least.

Gopher Brown

I've seen people say the players aren't playing for him and that he is on a downward spiral.

Well the players didn't fecking play for Moyes or Van Gaal either. Allow Jose to get rid of those who just don't give a feck about winning trophies and get in some players that do. At the very least, our summers will be entertaining.

Lentwood

Never. If we get rid of him in 2026 it's too soon

We dominated football in the 90s/00s because we stuck with one manager who ran the club with absolute authority

Threads like this take us back into the Dark Ages and before you know it we become Liverpool.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Not a few months into his first season. This time next year if nothing has improved..maybe then

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I would love for the posters in this thread that wants to fire Mourinho to come up with a viable list of three or more candidates that is good enough and currently available. This is a football club, not the fecking apprentice with Donald Trump, you can't yell "You're fired!" everytime you come up on some hard times.

IMO there is more merit to the threads discussing which players should get flogged, because there is where the true problem is. Yes I know that it is the managers job to get them motivated and fired up, but really if you can't get fired up and motivated enough to beat Fenerbahce while playing for Manchester United and collecting galactic wages for doing so, then you really should just feck off. Some of them are genuinely not good enough, but a fair few of them just really doesn't seem to give a toss.

I am just numb really. I would run and fight until they had to resuscitate me for just one month of their wages. Don't know what to say anymore really.

ffs.

Tyrion

Are we close to it now?

We've got to stand by our managers but when does it become the point of no return?

As of now, I'm just so depressed. I wish we had sorted ourselves out properly. Why are we so shit?
If we fall into the bottom half at any point or can't finish in the top 4. We've reached neither of those positions yet.

My explanation for why we're sh!t is:
  • The team has no confidence. We played well until being bet by City. Since then we haven't played as well as we did before.
  • The team has no wingers. At one point tonight, we had 4 players in a line parallel to the side line. Between their defence and midfield. What's the point of that? They should be spread out across their backline and be available for a diagonal pass.
  • Our forwards have no pace at all. Zlatan and Rooney can't outrun anyone or dribble past anyone.
  • Mourinho hasn't had any impact yet. That's the player's fault or Mourinho's. Or both.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
If the players aren't going to play for him then he's got to go, not only are we performing well below the overall quality of the team/squad but the way he puts us out and his tactics have been bewilderingly poor.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
If the players aren't going to play for him then he's got to go, not only are we performing well below the overall quality of the team/squad but the way he puts us out and his tactics have been bewilderingly poor.
I think it's time some people revised their opinions on the overall quality of this squad. Seriously, it'll save you a lot of frustration this season.

goin4glory

When have these players ever done it? It's not like he's taken over Barca with Messi/Neymar Suarez and the teams falling apart. None of these players have earned the right to have any say on who the manager is or how he sets the team up.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
When have these players ever done it? It's not like he's taken over Barca with Messi/Neymar Suarez and the teams falling apart. None of these players have earned the right to have any say on who the manager is or how he sets the team up.
I'm really bored of championship manager posters declaring our squad is shit, and need wholesale changes every summer, we're performing worse than the overall quality of the team/squad.
Tell me which players from Fenabache, Stoke, Burnley, Watford, Feyenoord etc etc you'd like? basically 80% of our shit results so far have been against absolute dross.

We've won like 1 out of 7 games, our players are not that poor, Mourinho is doing a SHIT job.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I trust him completely and would sell half the squad before moving him on.
Personally I think the players he has have mostly played better than this in the recent past. There's a case forming against Jose, and it's pretty much the one against him at Chelsea.

Still now he's here, we're keeping him until he misses top 4 at the very least so might as well hunker down.

Camilo

We'll be close if we've not improved substantially 24 months from now.

Suggesting he back sacked now is just pathetic - an embarrassing thread.

Fully Fledged

Nah. I think he will get a second season even if we finish 8th this season. But if we are in the same position this time next year then I can see the board do something.

Hope not though because I still think he's the right choice.
You do realise that if we don't get CL football next season we lose a huge part of the Adidas money?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The thread starter...no surprise at all
It's hilarious. In this thread he makes a point of saying how great match-going fans were at getting behind Moyes and willing to give him a chance. A manager the majority of them almost certainly didn't want as Fergie's replacement.

Now we've got a manager @Twigginater doesn't want he gave up on him before we'd played a dozen games. Pathetic.

Ash_G

Ultimately we can't keep chopping and changing the manager and he needs time but it's been a poor start. Whatever people say about our players they're a lot better than this and we're not getting the best out of them without question. The players definitely deserve criticism but I still think there's something wrong with Mou. He's far too sullen. But more importantly he needs to change something. Our options in defence/midfield are what they are, in defence due to injuries and in honesty I'm fine with Herrera and then Carrick/Pogba depending on the game and I don't really see a problem in those 3.

In attack though there's problems and it's still the same problems that we've had for years. Ibra/Rooney are not going to get in behind and it makes it too difficult to create openings. At one point today Ibra/Rooney/Mata were almost shoulder to shoulder at the edge of the box, it just doesn't work. Couple that with having wide players who aren't natural wide players, certainly not in the way we're trying to use them as wingers crossing the ball which is not helped by the fullbacks not offering enough in attack.

We need to try Rashford or Martial through the middle and this for me is a real test for Mou. Is he willing to trust a young player as the striker and in particular over Ibra? I get Ibra is a great player but he's not doing it for us at the moment and we need that pace of the top. He could play them both in the middle but then that means ever reigning in Pogba or leaving us open in the middle. Personally I think if you take the gamble on Ibra then you also have to be brave enough to deal with the personality particularly when he's hardly a long term player, ultimately if he goes on a sulk then how much harm is there?

He's had a long time to assess our attack, he was managing against us last season and supposedly waiting for the job offer not to mention having been in charge for a while now. The issues in attack are pretty much the same as they were last season and that needs to change and given almost all his summer purchases were to directly address the attack he needs to do better.

ravi2

What the feck is it with these crybaby threads?

Jose deserves at least one full season before you guys start throwing your toys out the pram. Maybe next season a discussion like this can be entertained.

Shame on you Twigg , you can't even give Jose half the time to were prepared to give moyes . This thread is pure bullshit and you should be embarrassed .

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Are we close to it now?

We've got to stand by our managers but when does it become the point of no return?

As of now, I'm just so depressed. I wish we had sorted ourselves out properly. Why are we so shit?
And therein lies the problem. Never allow sport to dictate your happiness or sadness.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
If we sack Jose then we will become a circus and end up like the dippers! We have to stick with him no matter what!
Dippers have never been a quickly sacking club, bar Hodgson.

We don't HAVE to stick with him no matter what, you look at the summary several months on from now, if we're getting performances like Burnley, where we're playing well and just not picking up the points, it would be prudent to stick with him and give it more time.

If it looks like Mourinho is carrying on his last season at Chelsea form, picking fights/suspensions, the players look like they don't care, squad disharmony, tactics look all over the place etc.. then you have to realistically judge if you should give him a 2nd season.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He should be unfavorable for next 3 years in my opinion. Back the choice we made and have faith.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Give him all the time in the world. . .

There is nowhere to go from this. We can't hire Klopp (thank God, the goofy, Smug cnut) and we can't hire baldy either so, there is feck all choice left and feck all routes we can take.

Giggs? I won't even dignify that with a response. Joyce's got the Wigan job ahead of him ffs

goin4glory

I'm really bored of championship manager posters declaring our squad is shit, and need wholesale changes every summer, we're performing worse than the overall quality of the team/squad.
Tell me which players from Fenabache, Stoke, Burnley, Watford, Feyenoord etc etc you'd like? basically 80% of our shit results so far have been against absolute dross.

We've won like 1 out of 7 games, our players are not that poor, Mourinho is doing a SHIT job.
When did I declare our squad needs wholesale changes every summer? Do you use strawman arguments in all your posts?

We rolled Fenerbache in the first leg and it seems half the squad thought we could turn up tonight and do the same. If we continue to perform like we did vs Stoke/Burnley I'll be very confident of us getting top 4, both were excellent performances and incredibly unlucky to not get 3 points. There's no difference between the performance vs Leicester and vs those 2 except vs Leicester we were clinical. Watford was a disastrous performance that is indeed on Mourinho but he made a number of changes immediately after that game which got us back winning.

Personally I think the players he has have mostly played better than this in the recent past. There's a case forming against Jose, and it's pretty much the one against him at Chelsea.

Still now he's here, we're keeping him until he misses top 4 at the very least so might as well hunker down.
While I agree there's a case building against him I disagree it's similar to Chelsea. At Chelsea he had a group of players capable of working hard and fighting for results every week which made them champions and they fell off a cliff because he fell out with them. Our players should be ashamed at finishing 5th in the league last season given the ambitions of the club and the wages they're on, not a single player barring DDG has any right to be upset if a manager comes in and says a few things you don't like when you perform like trash on a weekly basis. We're trying to build a side capable of winning the title and challenging in Europe, a bunch of shrinking violets won't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.