When does Mourinho's job come under threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirScholes

Give him all the time in the world. . .

There is nowhere to go from this. We can't hire Klopp (thank God, the goofy, Smug cnut) and we can't hire baldy either so, there is feck all choice left and feck all routes we can take.

Giggs? I won't even dignify that with a response. Joyce's got the Wigan job ahead of him ffs
all day, this

SirScholes

My clock is ticking on him. I'd give him until christmas to get some wins. I'm sick and tired of his priority list. He don't understand the concept of being a huge club. We're suppose to dominate no matter how many games we need to play.

Games coming up until new year.

Swansea
Arsenal
Feyenoord
West ham
West ham
Everton
Russian club
Spurs
Palace
West Brom
Sunderland
Boro

Anything less than a win in every single one of those games is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. Spurs and Arsenal can warrant a draw, the rest is undebatable. He can not complain about anything.
no concept of being at a huge club yet has managed real hahaha ok

SammyUnited_83

Give him all the time in the world. . .

There is nowhere to go from this. We can't hire Klopp (thank God, the goofy, Smug cnut) and we can't hire baldy either so, there is feck all choice left and feck all routes we can take.

Giggs? I won't even dignify that with a response. Joyce's got the Wigan job ahead of him ffs
Are we much better off than we were last year.

Spent a fortune, similar results, slightly better football. slightly.

Mensah, Martial and Rashford were shaping up nicely last season and I thought all 3 would be certainties.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
While I agree there's a case building against him I disagree it's similar to Chelsea. At Chelsea he had a group of players capable of working hard and fighting for results every week which made them champions and they fell off a cliff because he fell out with them.
I suppose a minor key similarity with worse players. I just mean his antics and style alienating the players.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
His summer signings, other than Bailly, are looking like a complete waste of money so far. Hope I'm wrong about Pogba though.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
As a Mourinho skeptic, this thread is really premature. Unless we're battling relegation in March, then he deserves a full season, off season and transfer window to implement his changes. If we still suck after then, re-evaulate.

It must be said that the average rope given to Mourinho by the fan is much longer than the equivalents granted Moyes and LVG. If I recall correctly, optimists were stoned during the time Moyes was here.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
What a deluded lot, something like 8th place should never ever be accepted here at United, and it is embarassing that that seems a reasonable ranking given how we play perform. Mourinho is no God, if he doesnt perform he should be out, but then again it's just been around 15 matches, give him more time to see if he can improve us and have impact on the team, if it's clear things arent improving and are getting worse, show him the door, just like we did with Moyes. There's no point in keeping a manager who hasnt got it, if we continued with LvG, we'd get progressively worse and worse and worse.

goin4glory

I suppose a minor key similarity with worse players. I just mean his antics and style alienating the players.
Chelsea players were alienated because they got complacent and relaxed after winning the title, what excuse do our players have for these performances? Finishing 7th 4th and 5th given the wages they're on is scandalous.

devil in me

I cant believe the amount of comments along the lines of 'we werent this bad under moyes/LVG'
Its like peoples memories have been wiped clear. Its beyond belief. We were absolutely worse than now under both of those managers. Much, much worse.
Tonight was bad. Chelsea was bad, but come on...lets get some perspective.

clarkydaz

I cant believe the amount of comments along the lines of 'we werent this bad under moyes/LVG'
Its like peoples memories have been wiped clear. Its beyond belief. We were absolutely worse than now under both of those managers. Much, much worse.
agreed. At least strikers are allowed to shoot now

Rooney24

He will get a lot more time and he undoubtedly has to have it

But for the love of God I would just like to see a flicker of something to give me hope ! Anything at all would do !!!!

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
Alright. Get rid of Mou, champion of England the season before last. Then what? Who do you get in that'll do the business? If Mou can't fix this then we are fecked, there's no two ways about it and it speaks volumes (about the team) that a manager known to get teams going, believing and functioning quickly, is struggling with this lot.

m1y2

if he's willing to give chances to palyers like Darmian, Rooney or insists on playing Zlatan every game, then critisize Mhikitaryan and keep us playing shit football, he has to go... There is no bravery in benching Rooney with how even more shocking he was this season, but then he starts today. FFS, enough... give manager time blablablablabla. we are United and we absolutely wasted three years because we gave Moyes one whole season to prove how fecking poor he is, then we gave away too season to that Dutch eejit and now we look like we are losing another time when giving time to a manager with prehistoric methods and no guts.

Mourinho has to get a grip, he had a preseason, quite some money to spend and now he has a season to prove himself... you all are so lvere giving Fergie as an example but in what state he was taking the club over? He had all the right to be given time. This age is tough, you need to perform and we are not Liverpool to be palying around 7th spot every year.. Antonio Conte was taking over a team which finished half table, I won't be bothering googling where exactly they finished, yet he's able to look like he is not lost in a completely new league for him and a new team with imo worse squad.. and don't critisize players, they are good enough to compete for the title, maybe not to win it but at least compete and don't lose 4:0 against Chelsea and playing guttless football..

Mourinho has my support this season, after a season we will have known if the manager is good enough for the job. He can score big points with TOP4/A Cup win, Brand of football

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Alright. Get rid of Mou, champion of England the season before last. Then what? Who do you get in that'll do the business? If Mou can't fix this then we are fecked, there's no two ways about it and it speaks volumes (about the team) that a manager known to get teams going, believing and functioning quickly, is struggling with this lot.
This insinuates Mourinho is some kind of team builder, which he isnt. He's had some fantastic sides (bar Porto relatively) and did great with Chelsea and Inter, less great in his former two stints. But he's not some renowned builder like Pochettino, Klopp for example are more likely, or even Wenger.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I still don't understand why we didn't go for Klopp when he was available.
Well if you read a thread about him on a website called Redcafe, its because of that one season where Dortmund were in relegation zone for a while before finishing 7th. Innit. ;)

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
I don't think Mourinho's job will come under threat this season no matter how bad the results get.

I can see it coming under a threat if he keeps acting like such a dick off the field thou.

I can also see Jose just walking away , he doesn't seem happy and walking away would do his reputation and ego a lot less damage then been fired after a couple of seasons of this!

Castia

He wont get sacked, if this carries on much longer he will walk though. His heart doesn't seem in it, he looks tired and frustrated I honestly don't think he's got enough fight left in him at the moment for this job.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
And Moyes took over a championship winning team
He did but he took over a team that was basically finished look at the amount of players who retired in the next few seasons or never reached any wer near that form again.

Plus after pretty much every victory that season You here something like " United didn't play well but they got the result" I personally don't think that was a great team it just had a great manager.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Mourinho doing worse than Moyes and LVG, despite breaking the world transfer record - who would've thought it?

It's as if Fergie sold his soul for success and now that he has stepped down, the club will slowly rot away.

predator

Youth NITK
Me personally I will give him more time than the likes of Moyes and LVG because he has shown that he is capable of producing dominant teams in the premier league. He has also shown he is capable of meltdowns.

There's no way we can sack another manager unless he gets us relegated.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I'd love it if someone higher up the club made a message that says it's the players asses on the line this time round. How about we actually put contract renewals on hold indefinitely? No more of these "you've played relatively well for the past couple of weeks, let's talk contract extension" bullshit

Far too many in the squad has failed for far too long.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
At the very least he'll have to wait for his second season here. It's another year with a brothel storyline. Madams at helm change, but the differences in their management style boil down to preferences for ginger-haired (and fat), brown-haired or dark-haired personnel.

Last edited:

BIGbadBOO4

He has feckin spent 150 million quid and we look worse than last season. No offence but that is not acceptable. So we give him another 150 million to spend next year and it's still not right we will be in a worse position. If he gets another season he should do it with no money to spend, the only money should be from sales.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
As a Mourinho skeptic, this thread is really premature. Unless we're battling relegation in March, then he deserves a full season, off season and transfer window to implement his changes. If we still suck after then, re-evaulate.

It must be said that the average rope given to Mourinho by the fan is much longer than the equivalents granted Moyes and LVG. If I recall correctly, optimists were stoned during the time Moyes was here.
Don't get this argument

Honestly what would make you think Moyes would come good? Mourinho has a rep and track record to stand behind and Moyes had nothing. You say optimists were stoned for Moyes but that's because he didn't achieve anything to be optimistic about unlike Mou who has a shitload of trophies

Slightly drunk so sorry if it doesnt make sense

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Don't get this argument

Honestly what would make you think Moyes would come good? Mourinho has a rep and track record to stand behind and Moyes had nothing. You say optimists were stoned for Moyes but that's because he didn't achieve anything to be optimistic about unlike Mou who has a shitload of trophies

Slightly drunk so sorry if it doesnt make sense
I'm not disagreeing with the difference in treatment, was just making a note.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
He has feckin spent 150 million quid and we look worse than last season. No offence but that is not acceptable. So we give him another 150 million to spend next year and it's still not right we will be in a worse position. If he gets another season he should do it with no money to spend, the only money should be from sales.
:lol:
When reading this I imagined Mourinho outside OT shouting 'New Red Issue out today!' in a gruff voice.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Well said. No transfer budget for next season!

Red4Life_#7

People have short memories. There is no way JM is doing as badly as last season!!

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
It's hilarious. In this thread he makes a point of saying how great match-going fans were at getting behind Moyes and willing to give him a chance. A manager the majority of them almost certainly didn't want as Fergie's replacement.

Now we've got a manager @Twigginater doesn't want he gave up on him before we'd played a dozen games. Pathetic.
Yeah @Twigginater is a total hypocrite. Zero support if its a manager he doesn't like

The BlackGaijin

OK! Now, now.. Some of you need to get off your high horses already. This is a legitimate question. Every manager, yes even the “untouchable” Jose, must be held responsible for the results. I say he gets the same deal as the other two. No top four and he fecks-off. Some of the Mourinho’s sycophants are getting ridiculous.

First, you guys blamed LVG for Mourinho loosing. Apparently the players have not gotten over LVGs style of playing. I mean..c’mon!
Next, it was the refs who were not giving us anything.
Now it’s the players fault. Next it will be the fans, the medical staff, the tea lady or the bus driver.

When? I ask will it be the manager’s fault???? Or is Mourinho perfect in some of your eyes? It is not treasonous to question the manager.

tomaldinho1

Exactly - it's like our 3-0 home loss to L'Pool with Moyes has been washed away.

Everyone says things like our problems are deep and things will take time to sort out but I actually think we are close to being a v good team.
  • Mourinho is a good coach, he's not likeable but he is a very good coach.
  • We have good players, always could have others but have a good nucleus
  • Bad Luck - bit of a lame excuse but I genuinely feel we would be at least 4 points better off in the PL. Compare that to the amount of times we had good luck with DDG saving VG's squeaky bum last season. Literally we would have been bottom half of the table without him.
We were never going to win the PL this season but the target should be to be dominating teams by the end of this season, top 4, cheeky cup on the way, make 1 or 2 summer signings and get rid of the players that aren't up to it anymore. Simples.

Djemba-Djemba

Unless something ridiculous like a Relegation battle happens, and I'm only half jokingly bringing that up, then I wouldn't even consider getting rid of him this season.

I have my concerns about him to be honest but he deserves a proper go at sorting the club out. We are clearly a total mess from top to bottom and it's going to take time and a huge effort to sort us out. I still think he can do that if given time.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I didn't want José and I haven't liked his time here so far, but this is just too early of a thread. I don't expect us to have any success under him, and I thought that from the start, but I'm not a psychic so I just have to hope I'm wrong on this one as calling for his head, this early into his tenure, is just a waste of time.

I think it's inevitable that we'll finish outside the top 4 and be knocked out of the Europa so, if as well we don't look like we're progressing as a team with a clear tactic in mind like Klopp/Guardiola/Wenger/Pochettino etc, then serious questions have to be asked. If we start to, you know, look like an actual team with a plan, then maybe, even if we don't get CL next year, we give him another chance. As of right now, though, it's just too early.

Status
Not open for further replies.