When is McTominay going to be recognised as the next Steven Gerrard?

RedCurry

If we were going to make ridiculous comparisons then he’s surely closer to Lampard than Gerrard?

Drz

So far he reminds me of Carrick and Fletcher for different reasons : Like Carrick it takes him a few games into the season to hit his stride and like Fletcher lately he's been getting into good positions into the box to score with good timing.
However he isn't as consistant as Carrick in long pass precision, or at least doesn't use that part of his skill-set enough, or as consistant as Fletcher in breaking up play.
He does do a bit of everything though, and at a decent level, hope he keeps developing. Doesn't remind of Gerrard though, whom I remember being at his best playing off Torres.
Personally feel we need a more mobile Xavi Alonso type, so hope he goes that way, but too early to call.

PoTMS

The boy has got a fecking lethal strike on him.

arthurka

He is definitely top 3 strikers of the ball at the club no doubt. He got an excellent technique on his strike, just so clean and effortless. He will be a starter here next season, he is a warrior with a great attitude.

croadyman

He is certainly growing into this team but definitely think he is more of a box to box CM rather than a CDM

Red00012

When he changes his celebration from sliding and talking to the camera to kissing it

Neo_Mufc

Step 1- New name : Scottish Big Tommy, La.
Step 2 - Kiss the badge.
Step 3 - Transfer request.
Step 4 - Get's into any world class team.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
When he is the biological father to one of his three children.

freeurmind

weak willed
Was talking to an older Liverpool supporter today and asked him what Gerrard was like as a player and he said: " think of a slightly less talented Scott McTominay", so I think it's already happening.

dinostar77

Jesus, hes at the start of his career and nowhere near peak Gerrard. Who was a very very good footballer. Hes adding bits to his game, so lets see how he develops. Hes really filled out his frame.

Chairman Steve

I find his play style to be more like Keane in that he’s an aggressive box to box midfielder who always positions himself well when attacking and has a good shot in him.

Aouer-United

What if I told you that Scholes is much better goal scoring midfielder than Lampard or Gerrard if you exclude pens?

POF

Mctominay is basically Roy Keane without the fake tough guy act
Just missing one minor part. Which is the ability to dominate and control games for the best midfield in Europe. Apart from that, yes, almost exactly the same

padzilla

Hipster
I think he would be better served playing higher up than as a DM. He will influence games a lot more then.

romufc

About 2 weeks ago every other fan was saying why we playing Mctominay? What does he offer?

Now the agenda is on Fred.

When are we going to start appreciating players we have?

RedDevilzFox

About 2 weeks ago every other fan was saying why we playing Mctominay? What does he offer?

Now the agenda is on Fred.

When are we going to start appreciating players we have?
Never, that would be dropping our standards.. or something

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal
Probably around the same time as people stop banging on saying McTominay is going to be our long term replacement for Matic, I’ve been saying for ages that McTominay is a box to box midfielder with ball winning abilities yet some still think he’s going to be a Carrick/Matic hybrid.

I’m happy he’s adding goals to his game though and at times this season he’s reminded me of a young Roy Keane although I’m not in any way at all comparing them or saying he’ll be anywhere near that level as Keane was the best of his type in his entire era, I’d love to see a pure out and out defensive midfielder alongside McTominay as it would allow him to go box to box more.
Viera was better than Keane, but two world class players.

Mctominay has bags of potential.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Reminds me of Keane with his propensity to pop up in big moments.