When is the club going to call out this corruption?

Coops73

Just watched the Dan Burn challenge on Neves and not a booking or anything and it’s not even looked at by VAR, surely we must challenge the sending off for Casemiro.

arnoldS

It's obviously not corruption. It's pure incomtenece. You see performances like this every week and not only once but like 4 or 5 times. It's shocking and there has to be done something about that now. VAR clearly doesn't work if there is not a 100% guideline which refs have to follow. How was the red today a clear and obvious error from the ref? How was the handball not even looked at? How was the knee on Rashford not even looked at? And all the other calls this weekend in other matches. Sometzhing needs to change big time

Sir Erik ten Hag

Seeing how many of our own fans actually try to defend the blatant bias refereeing towards our own team is even more sickening.

Rusholme Ruffian

All "what if" scenarios and nothing based on facts. Southampton looked more threatening and were likely to score, we were a man down with no genuine defensive midfielders on the pitch and a knackered backline. We were far from creating any genuine chance throughout the 90. These are facts.

All it takes is one worldie of a FK from JWP which he is more than capable to do consistently.
is this not a 'what if' scenario?! Given that you've written 'We were far from creating any genuine chance throughout the 90. These are facts' then I question whether YOU were actually watching the game? Were you in the loo when Bruno had a shot tipped onto the post? Or when Rashford broke through and was arguably brought down by the keeper?

Kammy26

We should still be able to beat Southampton at home. Even with 10. At least that just my feeling.
I remember so many games like this during the fergie error. Down to 10 men and we would still have the opponents pinned in their own half all game. This current team is a season or 2 away from that level.

spiriticon

Normally I would agree with not going all in with unwarranted conspiracy theories, but this current batch of refs need to be called out.

The last 2 reds, which completely changed the course of the games and cost us points, have been very debatable.

Abhinav

It was a clear red. Denying that is just plain stupid. The handball rule nobody gets, not sure if that's a penalty anymore.

The ref didn't make us lose this match
It was not a clear red. We have examples from this weekend’s fixture where a tackle like this was not red carded. The referee gave a yellow card. Why is the Var getting involved when its not clear and obvious?
The penalty is as clear as one is. He handled the ball and stopped a goal scoring opportunity. It travelled a fair bit before it hit him. No excuses to not give that a penalty.

Heinzesight

Utd were still favourites at half time, albeit not by much. 4/5 I think. I fully expected you to go on and win it. It’s not uncommon for a CL team at home to a bottom club to still win with ten men.
I love the way you always get a little sly dig in at United in a lot of your posts. It’s quite admirable :lol:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
is this not a 'what if' scenario?! Given that you've written 'We were far from creating any genuine chance throughout the 90. These are facts' then I question whether YOU were actually watching the game? Were you in the loo when Bruno had a shot tipped onto the post? Or when Rashford broke through and was arguably brought down by the keeper?
The second paragraph was to show that similar argument that you're can be made for Southampton.

And yes, I did watch the game and the Bruno shot from outside the box. I have watched the GK tipping Rashford chance and it seems more that he tipped himself.

Southampton had better chances of scoring, hitting a couple of posts and an almost OG clearance from Awb. Were you at the loo then?

Roboc7

It’s not corruption just inconsistent decisions and bad interpretations. I don’t think that’s a red card but it’s a lottery when VAR gets involved.

With the handball it seems like if you fall or lean over you can handball it as much as you like. There was a blatant one in West Ham v Chelsea game that got ignored as well. But if your stood up and ball gets hit against you it’s a penalty more often than not.

tombombadil

If the Casemiro tackle is a red, fine. But what about that scissor tackle on Garnacho? If he was in control, then it was deliberate and a red card. If it was accidental, then he was not in control and it is a red card. So which is it? Garnacho is in crutches, goddamit.

Someone is getting millions in their bank account. Won't be surprised if a sheikh somewhere is popping champagne to be honest.

Rusholme Ruffian

The second paragraph was to show that similar argument that you're can be made for Southampton.

And yes, I did watch the game and the Bruno shot from outside the box. I have watched the GK tipping Rashford chance and it seems more that he tipped himself.

Southampton had better chances of scoring, hitting a couple of posts and an almost OG clearance from Awb. Were you at the loo then?
I wasn't the one stating 'Southampton didn't create any genuine chance during the 90' was I? I stated that it was pretty end to end and I would back our forward players to find a moment of magic. You said it was a FACT that United didn't create a single genuine chance through the 90 mins - which was bullshit wasn't it?

Coops73

Just watched the Dan Burn challenge on Neves and not a booking or anything and it’s not even looked at by VAR, surely we must challenge the sending off for Casemiro.
And that spitting utter feckpig Carragher doesn’t think there is anything wrong with it.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I wasn't the one stating 'Southampton didn't create any genuine chance during the 90' was I? I stated that it was pretty end to end and I would back our forward players to find a moment of magic. You said it was a FACT that United didn't create a single genuine chance through the 90 mins - which was bullshit wasn't it?
No it wasn't, but feel free to believe that.

pogbasformerbarber

It's not corruption, just incompetence
It’s this…sadly across all sports reffing has become dreadful. It’s not just football. I honestly think it’s got a lot to do with replay. It gets into the heads of the refs and dictates many decisions.

It would be tough when it it goes against you, but I honestly feel like just ditching the entire system and eliminating replay. It ruins the flow of the game anyway. If it’s not clear to multiple refs on the pitch in real-time it probably shouldn’t get called, and like everything it will likely all even out in the end anyway…today was a perfect example as Case was about to get a yellow before the VAR replay.

I detest scoring an important goal only to have it disallowed by a build up penalty or a microscopic offside. Again, it will blow when it’s against us but I’ll take the headache over whatever bizarre system this is…

Rista

It has finally happened, we have reached RAWK level cringe.

Fully Fledged

Normally I would agree with not going all in with unwarranted conspiracy theories, but this current batch of refs need to be called out.

The last 2 reds, which completely changed the course of the games and cost us points, have been very debatable.
And if that's the case they shouldn't overturned by VAR as VAR is only meant for clear and obvious mistakes.

Dansk

It isn't corruption. It isn't strictly incompetence, either, I think--at least not in the sense of them not knowing the rules of football or whatever. It's simply ABU influencing referees, pressuring them, launching witch hunts anytime they give us anything. It's the fact that a referee knows in the back of his mind that if he gives United anything, he gets hounded down in the media; but if he robs us, there are no consequences. They're subconsciously afraid of becoming the target of the heavily Liverpool-dominated football media in England, and they know deep down that if they give us anything at all, they will be. That makes them over-scrutinize everything United's players do, and it makes them interpret the actions of our opponents through a lens of leniency.

Look how long people harped on about the City goal, and that was a correct decision. Even when a ref makes the right call, if it happens to be good for United, they become the victims of an insane smear campaign and weeks of scrutiny, judgment and criticism. So they sabotage our games again and again because that's safe for them, it doesn't anger the hysterically irrational ABU movement, and nothing happens because we're not allowed to complain. We're not even allowed to acknowledge that this is happening without people laughing it off. The anti-United thing is very real and very strong.

spiriticon

It isn't corruption. It isn't strictly incompetence, either, I think--at least not in the sense of them not knowing the rules of football or whatever. It's simply ABU influencing referees, pressuring them, launching witch hunts anytime they give us anything. It's the fact that a referee knows in the back of his mind that if he gives United anything, he gets hounded down in the media; but if he robs us, there are no consequences. They're subconsciously afraid of becoming the target of the heavily Liverpool-dominated football media in England, and they know deep down that if they give us anything at all, they will be. That makes them over-scrutinize everything United's players do, and it makes them interpret the actions of our opponents through a lens of leniency.
It's not just the Liverpool-dominated media.

The ex-United players like Gary Neville don't help either. Most of them call out decisions that fall for us, but don't do the same for those that go against us, for the sake of appearing 'neutral' on TV. They don't realise they are hurting our team with this behaviour. People like Souness don't give an eff about neutral.

It's well annoying.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Qatari owners will have a no nonsense approach to this.
How do clubs officially complain about the standard of the refereeing in the game?. And why can't we bring referees in from abroad to keep the standards high?. We bring overseas players in so why not referees too?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
It's not corruption, just incompetence
If it was incompetence people like Taylor would have been sacked for incompetence by now. At this point its either willful negligence or corruption. And when you look at it from any actual reasonable conclusion point of view its almost definitely the latter. I don't know why the idea the officiating can be or is corrupt is always seen as irrational given the frankly ridiculous amount of evidence that's in plain sight.

Just in recent terms, the champions of Italy got relegated for buying referees. The team top of the Spanish league has been charged with buying referees. There are multiple champions league games where its been established the referee was corrupt, including one that caused man utd to go out. Multiple former Premier league referees have come out and admitted/claimed the officiating is bent. The English FA got caught out trying to let its own captain off for being a racist. The heads of both the world and european football bodies have both had to resign due to corruption. How big is this rock football fans live under to still be in denial that this sort of stuff is happening? You'd have an easier time trying to argue that Boris Johnson has never lied to anyone.

...but no it is definitely just a coincidence/incompetence that premier league referees are the worst people in the world at their jobs every single week and nothing is ever done about it. It is definitely always by accident. Every single week. For years

Mmm-Qatarian

There's no conspiracy against us. Chelsea were fecked over yesterday with a red card that should've been given and wasn't. Wolves have just been fecked over today with a penalty (and red card?) that should've been given and wasn't.

It's ineptitude, not corruption.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
There's no conspiracy against us. Chelsea were fecked over yesterday with a red card that should've been given and wasn't. Wolves have just been fecked over today with a penalty (and red card?) that should've been given and wasn't.

It's ineptitude, not corruption.
It's just that most of the "ineptitude" has fallen on us and cost us the most this season

siw2007

Not corrupt, there maybe some referee organisations around the world that could be considered corrupt but the English one isn’t. Those that say it it’s incompetence are correct, and that isn’t necessarily down to just us but for every team. At the moment, there is a very frustrating level of inconsistency and the people who run the VAR are not doing their jobs properly. I think ETH was totally correct in his post match conference.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Must admit to getting a little tired of hearing football fans whinge about refereeing decisions. Every single club is singled out and victimised according to their own fans and its boring.

Compton22

Must admit to getting a little tired of hearing football fans whinge about refereeing decisions. Every single club is singled out and victimised according to their own fans and its boring.
It's more infuriating when other fans seem to think the FA and PGMOL are favouring of Utd when they clearly aren't!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Casemiro red was correct decision. Had that been Lavia or JWP on one of our players we'd all have said red card.

The penalty decision was wrong though. You have to give that. It's so blatant and he gains an unfair advantage by doing it.

So a mixed day for the officials. Don't think we played very well though with 11 men or 10. Far too many sloppy passes and poor touches.

Top 4 is going down to the wire.

Dansk

It's not just the Liverpool-dominated media.

The ex-United players like Gary Neville don't help either. Most of them call out decisions that fall for us, but don't do the same for those that go against us, for the sake of appearing 'neutral' on TV. They don't realise they are hurting our team with this behaviour. People like Souness don't give an eff about neutral.

It's well annoying.
That's just another aspect of it, though. In order for Gary Neville to become accepted as a pundit, he had to become fiercely anti-United. It was the only way. ABU is so pervasive that if you're associated with the club, you're up against so much opposition by default that the only way to "clean" your image in their eyes is to turn around and hate on United at every opportunity.

It's the same thing if you visit any football forum that isn't decidedly a United board. Go to /r/soccer and say anything that doesn't match the "United fans cannot ever be right about anything" culture and watch your post get downvoted. Over there, United fans have to be downright self-deprecating and question their own club at every turn in order to be accepted. Otherwise you'll be attacked from all sides for daring to not fall into step with the ABU lunacy.

Compton22

Casemiro red was correct decision. Had that been Lavia or JWP on one of our players we'd all have said red card.

The penalty decision was wrong though. You have to give that. It's so blatant and he gains an unfair advantage by doing it.

So a mixed day for the officials. Don't think we played very well though with 11 men or 10. Far too many sloppy passes and poor touches.

Top 4 is going down to the wire.
I would have been shocked it was being reviewed and thought it was nonsense actually so don't assume something so stupid.

It wasn't a mixed day. The entire match was officiated awfully.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
To be able to accuse match officials of corruption, it would need actual objective evidence that they really were corrupt. Evidence that it would be able to make stand in the courts.
And just consider what could follow if it tried and failed in the courts.
Things would get even worse.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
It's just that most of the "ineptitude" has fallen on us and cost us the most this season
Most of it has fallen on Utd, or just that you remember the decisions that go against Utd? I come away from Ipswich matches thinking why do we always get bad decisions, but I know logically that it must happen everywhere and I simply don’t see it and remember it in the same way.