When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

edcunited1878

Endings are rarely, if ever, clean. There's always negative and positive feelings. Emotions are a mixed bag.

However, a friendly reminder that it takes a lot of balls and internal fortitude to put your neck on the line to become manager of a club you played for and that most supporters consider you as a legendary player after winning The Treble.

While he couldn't challenge the likes of a Pep, Klopp, Tuchel, or win a major trophy as manager, he commands only respect and appreciation for his attempt to be Manchester United manager. There is no shame in this. None at all.

This is a different feeling than Moyes, LVG, and Mourinho. You're cutting off one of your own. After seeing them come into the world that is Manchester United Football Club and being a key cog of conquering club football, to becoming a manager of a club adrift...death do us part. He's at the mercy of the recent months and has ultimately failed. It's another punch in the fecking gut, but this time, to one of our own.

In the days, weeks, and months to come...he provided much, much more sunshine than truth be told as player and manager. But at the end of it all, there is no fairytale and it hurts, but we'll keep the red flag flying high.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It's been a long day without you, my friend
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
When I see you again

Anustart89

“It takes something extra for a man to leave Molde to manage Manchester United on a £7.5m/year contract”

Okay.

432JuanMata

He has made a better squad but the boards delay to react this season hasn’t left us better off than 3 years ago. We went 3 years without a trophy and now in a position where Jose had us

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I know it needs to happen, but I'm not happy seeing him go. I've hated seeing him become a joke in the media, hes done a good job up to this season and getting into bad form like this and getting sacked can happen so easily for a manager. I hope whoever we get does a better job, but I'll take no satisfaction seeing him leave.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Takes balls? Nah. Nobody would say no. He was just out of his depth as manager and completely inept. Guy is never getting a managerial job in a big league again after this and Cardiff.

Was a good player, not a good manager.

edcunited1878

Takes balls? Nah. Nobody would say no. He was just out of his depth as manager and completely inept. Guy is never getting a managerial job in a big league again after this and Cardiff.

Was a good player, not a good manager.
Of course it takes balls. He has been accountable for all that has happened. He and his coaches were out of their depth when trying to leap a Pep, Klopp, and Tuchel. That was always a question mark and many held out hope, but knew there was no track record.

He's a good manager, but not a great one. A great manager is needed at United.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
He’s a League 1 / Championship level coach who has no business managing a club of Man Utd’s size.

He’s been paid more than Jurgen Klopp over the past 3 years, brought no trophies and not even a style of football to Utd and can consider himself very fortunate to’ve encountered a board so utterly incompetent as to reward such a coaching performance.

Hopefully an end to this utterly ludicrous, anachronistic ‘boot room’ culture that has brought Man Utd to its knees…

Though with rumours that another of Fergie’s faves, Darren Fletcher (!?!) is now being primed to become interim manager, it might well be that the club still has a few comedic aces up it’s sleeve.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
He’s a constest winner who got paid millions a year and the opportunity to manage one of the biggest clubs in the world. When it a shattered to pieces, he was a kept on destroying the club and then when the board finally had enough of this circus gets paid a £7.5m severance for trying his best. I agree on one thing, it takes balls to con your way through a job like this.

Blood Mage

This is such a RAWKish thread. I'm sad that Ole has failed as our manager but lets not start with the poetry.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Of course it takes balls. He has been accountable for all that has happened. He and his coaches were out of their depth when trying to leap a Pep, Klopp, and Tuchel. That was always a question mark and many held out hope, but knew there was no track record.

He's a good manager, but not a great one. A great manager is needed at United.
It doesn't take balls to be offered to get his pay and be the manager of United. Sure you try your hardest. It would've taken balls for him to quit his dream job and accept he's not of the required level.

Good manager? Nah. His managerial history was getting relegated with Cardiff and now 3 years with no trophies at United and leaving after a complete meltdown for the team, freezing players out of the team and treating them poorly, and getting sacked after record breaking poor results after being one of the biggest spenders in the world since he took charge. He's a shit manager. Literally his next job will be back in the Norwegian league at best.

The Hilton

Nice try OP, but a lot of fans on here probably can't remember Ole and his legendary status at the club. Or started supporting us after his time here.

The "he got paid" and "he should just resign" comments are beyond childish.

Ole did his best, did reasonably well up until the start of this season, and as many expected wasn't good enough to take that next step to glory with us. Still, if the team goes on to success after him, he'll get some plaudits for putting the team together. And he'll always be a legend.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Honestly, I feel it's a bigger risk making this post on this forum. They're savages.

passing-wind

I also believe that any manager with any sort of ambition would have jumped at the chance. It's very important to visualise that Ole managing United was an "opportunity" for him not the other way around. In such circumstances you have to maximise the moment, I feel Ole perhaps did this but didn't have enough in himself to make a success of the experience.

If Ole really has all the ingredients the OP is trying to convey then he will move on from this situation and become a stronger person for it. Football managers nowadays seem to go around in cycles, Solskjaer is young enough to learn but I personally don't think he's got the pedigree to break into the elite but it remains to be seen.

Can only wish him but the best and hope that he can analyse his weaknesses and comply with some type of development to push himself further forward. As the saying goes, "adversity introduces a man to himself" the next five years is a true determination to Solskjaer's character and drive not his stint at United.

Halftrack

It's fun seeing supposed grown-ups struggle to contain their emotions, throwing child-like hissy fits and temper tantrums because a guy turned out not to be good enough.

captaincantona

It's been a long day without you, my friend
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
When I see you again
What is this bollox...? Ah yes...nothing pisses on a genuinely poignant moment like this tripe...

it hasn’t been a long day without him- he was the manager up until a few hours ago...it was actually a long day with him because we all wanted him sacked...

what exactly is it that you will be telling him about when you see him again? That Ronaldo can’t press?

we didn’t come a long way from where we began...that’s why he was sacked...we are still shite...

and why would you tell him about the supposed “long way” we have come , you know...when you see him again...you do realise he was the one who was managing us? He is probably aware what has happened...

It’s just bollox!

King Kendrick

Just an interesting thought, but I wonder how fans will take it if he follows the Moyes route and starts moaning about the job after the fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.