When was the last time you really enjoyed a game of football?

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
That honeymoon period with Ole was fantastic, but the PSG game was probably the last game I really enjoyed.

I was looking forward to a decent game of football this evening, finally had an opportunity to sit down and watch England, it was awful.

(We aren't interested in your opinion, City and Liverpool fans, btw.)

fergiesarmy1

PSG by far, Ive rewatched that more times than any game since Fergie left.

I always record the sky games, usually get deleted right quick :lol:

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
I'm not that obsessed about United not to enjoy football around the globe

MikeeMike

Watford (away) 2017. Had everything. But the attacking football from both sides - I’m missing that.

Cloud7

Regarding United, probably the PSG match. Football on the whole, there's usually at least one match per weekend that's good and doesn't involve us.

fen4e

Hate to say it, but it was probably the season opener vs Chelsea? A young squad, a new manager(kinda), a 4-0 win, Martial(finally wearing his No9) on the scoresheet. It really felt like this season's gonna be exciting..

Oh well

Dr. StrangeHate

That honeymoon period with Ole was fantastic, but the PSG game was probably the last game I really enjoyed.

I was looking forward to a decent game of football this evening, finally had an opportunity to sit down and watch England, it was awful.

Yia but that PSG game is the reason Ole was appointed, so it is the game I remember least fondly now. We lost another year because of it.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Bayern-München vs. Heidenheim
Villereal vs Barcelona
Ajax in UCL

Of the last 3 years or so, this Chelsea vs Spurs tie is amongst those I've most enjoyed in the EPL

Flying_Heckfish

Honestly thought I was going to keel over when Rashford stepped up for that pen. Not sure if I enjoyed it but that was the best feeling I've had from a football match in a while.

I enjoyed the ENG vs SWE match as I was on my stag at the time.

Before that you're looking at sometime during the SAF days to honest. Even the FA and UEFA cup finals with LVG and Mou weren't that enjoyable.

Moby

Dick
Honestly thought I was going to keel over when Rashford stepped up for that pen. Not sure if I enjoyed it but that was the best feeling I've had from a football match in a while.

I enjoyed the ENG vs SWE match as I was on my stag at the time.

Before that you're looking at sometime during the SAF days to honest. Even the FA and UEFA cup finals with LVG and Mou weren't that enjoyable.
I've actually to this day not watched the Europa League final. Missed it at the time and never had any interest in watching the whole game or even the highlights. Was good to know we won and got the CL place.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I enjoyed Wales-Slovakia the other night.

United have played crap football for around a decade now so I've looked at other matches around the world for entertainment for ages and there's plenty of it.

As far as United go, the last game I really enjoyed would've been one of the first three games of Ole's reign. Probably the Cardiff game.

BrownRecluse

Supports
Liverpool
Read the OP :nono:
Whoops! In that case, season opener 4-0 over Chelsea, as seems popular on this thread. But it’s hard not to appreciate a monumental must win game against one of the best in the business.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Thought the Fa Cup semi final was really good:

The Uefa Quarter final 2nd leg against Anderlecht certainly had moments of individual brilliance

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I remember it like it was yesterday. A cold December night of 1984, round of 16 of Uefa against Anderlecht.
6-1 with a great comeback and the last day I fully enjoyed this sport.
hehe, I'm kidding.
Maybe 0-1 against Sevilla some weeks ago. It was a harsh and defensive but exciting game and it ended well.

Eric7C

Unlike others, I didn't enjoy the PSG game. I enjoyed the result, and not withstanding the senior players that were out, the game showed us how far we are away from a technical style of playing. PSG absolutely outclassed us in passing and chance creation but were undone by their own mistakes in the first half - we never bombarded their goal; nine times out of ten we would have lost.

And since that game, we have kept up a similar form and deservedly got punished for it. Ole and the coaches don't have a clue.

Eric7C

However, some games during Ole's first three months were superb. Particularly enjoyed the FA Cup triumphs away to Arsenal and Chelsea. The team was set up brilliantly to counterattack and did so with lethal effect. I really thought we had our United back during that time.

It makes it all the more depressing the formation and mentality changes since that period.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
2018 World Cup

If club games, its been a long time since I really enjoyed one. Maybe 2011 or even 2010

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Last weekend when Brighton beat Spurs 3-0 I enjoyed that!

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
The PSG game was a great result, the penalty late on and the circumstances after the first leg and with the injuries made it sweet. But I didn’t enjoy watching us get dominated for 90 minutes.

My favourite game since saf left ? 1-5 Cardiff. Ole coming in and saying we are Manchester United. Let them worry about us. That mentallity seemed to lift the club. Not sure where that’s gone. Other games of note, Chelsea arsenal away in the cup. Juanfield and that short run under LVG where we best City Spurs as well as Liverpool.

I can remember every game I’ve enjoyed watching post Fergie and his last few seasons were pretty dire, entertainment wise.

It’s hard work and has been for a decade now.

shahzy

Thought the Fa Cup semi final was really good:

The Uefa Quarter final 2nd leg against Anderlecht certainly had moments of individual brilliance
Wow even Rashford and Lingard werent total has beens in that video. Martial looked like he played with real passion too. Just goes to show the culture of the club has stunk to the point where its visibly making better players worse

dogwithabone

The Chelsea game was a throwback in terms of lethal counter attacking football, as was the Arsenal FA Cup game in January. PSG had unrivalled drama and the win at Tottenham was nail biting and backs to the wall.

Other than those not too many stick in the memory. This season in particular has seen us plummet to a 45 year low in terms of excitement and performance level. This is the worst and least watchable United side I’ve seen since the one that got relegated back in the 70’s.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal

Then dont post in the football forum.

Kids when they play for us is usually fun.

Green_Red

I really enjoyed the Chelsea opener this year, the atmosphere in the East stand was quality.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I enjoyed the CL quarter and semi-final games last season for obvious reasons. An Everton game? Probably when we were on a good run last year and beat Chelsea 2-0 and you 4-0. They were nice moments.

For a sustained period of time though I haven't enjoyed watching football since the WC 2018. A combination of great games and England doing well made it fantastic. Unfortunately unless youre a Liverpool fan it's really bleak to watch football as a Brit.

Robertd0803

Chelsea 4-0 and the Arsenal FA Cup game. The Cardiff away game was great fun as well.

Trying to think of the last neutral game, probably South Korea vs Germany in the World Cup.

pregra

Supports
FC Barcelona,Argentina
Probably Madrid-Ajax last season

Al-T

Last weekend. I was fortunate enough to get a ticket for Brighton v Spurs.

Pughnichi

Over a sustained period it was when LVG stumbled on midfield trio of Herrera, Pogba and Fellaini. We went on a good run with great performances. There was some confidence on my part that the forthcoming games would be enjoyable

Solitary Utd game enjoyment...I actually can’t remember. As a footballing spectacle even PSG was a hard watch despite being thrilling. We were hardly zipping it about with good passages of play and sustained pressure.

When was the last time we dominated a team for 90 mins with good football and plenty of clear cut chances??

Hip Hop

The PSG match was absolutely awful to watch from a United perspective, terrible really. Some people are way too obsessed with the result.

Hephaestus

Over a sustained period it was when LVG stumbled on midfield trio of Herrera, Pogba and Fellaini. We went on a good run with great performances. There was some confidence on my part that the forthcoming games would be enjoyable

Solitary Utd game enjoyment...I actually can’t remember. As a footballing spectacle even PSG was a hard watch despite being thrilling. We were hardly zipping it about with good passages of play and sustained pressure.

When was the last time we dominated a team for 90 mins with good football and plenty of clear cut chances??
Was Carrick with Herrera and Fellaini, Pogba wasn't signed for another year after that.